Tournament 1v1 Spring Seasonal - Round 8 (REPLAYS REQUIRED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
1v1_SS.png

Art by AmirAlexander

Welcome to the 1v1 Spring Seasonal!
This will be the second tour of the 2020 1v1 Circuit!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the SWSH 1v1 ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of five, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on main server or smogtours.
  • Replays are required, from Round 8 onwards.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • The winner of this Seasonal will receive
    frontier.png
    this trophy in the 1v1 Hall of Fame.
Winners Bracket
Gym Socks!  vs  Le Creme Brule
Iron Crusher  vs  neomon
DenisTheMenace  vs  Freddy Kyogre
CashKP  vs  SiceXV

Brackets Produced here

Losers Bracket

Djokra  vs  Kaif
edudittA  vs  TheShadowClaw
toadandhishaxx  vs  XSTATIC COLD
WailJesus vs Lancer Fr

Brackets produced here

Deadline for Round 7 Extensions is May 21st, 11:59 EDT
Deadline for Round 8 is Sunday, May 24th, 11:59 EDT

This is for Top 16, aka points for 1v1 Championships, so once again I will remind you that replays are required! Don't forget. Any set without replays will be replayed.

Last edited:
Gym Socks!  vs  Le Creme Brule both are good players can see it going either way
Iron Crusher  vs  neomon really good at this tier
DenisTheMenace  vs  Freddy Kyogre fk is good but denis is an ss god
CashKP  vs  SiceXV really good at this tier

Djokra  vs  Kaif literally hasn't lost a match yet
edudittA  vs  TheShadowClaw see above
WailJesus vs (Winner of Lancer Fr vs So Noisy) wail is on a rampage in tours recently
these seem like some p cool mus it's going to be an exciting ssnl

pazza

Banned deucer.
Djokra  vs  Kaif

Djorka has been taking down top tier mainers such as Robyn (classic winner also 1v1 Room Owner) and XinoXinos. Djorka has been making a name out for herself, with her amazing run thus far I do not see it being stopped by Kaif. Although if Djorka does lose, it is RPS so anything could happen.

CashKP  vs  SiceXV

Cash's sheer presence makes people want to forfeit vs him. From his run defeating Minecraft88887 and then taking act calls or being gifted wins from people. It's actually pretty insane, no way SiceXV can win.

That's all the highlights for this week folks, see you next week.

Gym Socks vs Le Creme Brule - Gym socks who i dont really have taken good looks at when playing vs Le Creme Brule; the most viable and unviable player at the same time; I want to say Gym Socks wins but considering what LCB can magically make? Im staying neutral.

Iron Crusher vs neomon - Iron Crusher; good player tho I havnt really seen their SS games (mostly because I only started to refollow ssnl last round) but mustve done well since he is still in winners however neomon is a literal MONSTER to play against so neomon in 4 or 5.

DenisTheMenace vs Freddy Kyogre - 2 (at least previously) good players who match up and considering how good Denis did in PL (a month or 2 ago) im picking him in 5

Cash vs Sice - any normal day of the week Sice dominates this so Im saying Sice in 3 even if Im seeing sice considering dropping but sice wins anyways.

Djokra vs Kaif - I want to predict djokra but Kaif seems to either have turned into a god or Close wasnt ultra good at SS (dont know previous opponents); Im going with Kaif has turned into a bo5 god and thus beats Djokra in 5

Atti vs TheShadowClaw -nice act win vs felu atti but you dont have that freeness vs TSC who probably sends you either into the ground or into a trashbag; TSC to win in 4

toad vs XSTATIC COLD - toad is already banned so unless XSC also manages to get smogon banned he wins this in 0

WailJesus vs (Winner of Lancer vs Noisy)- I see Wail winning if noisy beats Lancer but I dont see Wail winning vs Lancer which is the matchup I predicted last round so Lancer to win in 4 or 5 if he beats noisy; wail in 3 or 4 if Noisy beats lancer

winners

Gym Socks!  vs  Le Creme Brule gym has been doing better in tours and stuff over-all but it's still a tough call whether he's gonna beat VG
Iron Crusher  vs  neomon neomon is less active but still has the upper hand here.
DenisTheMenace  vs  Freddy Kyogre I'd be surprised if it went otherwise
CashKP  vs  SiceXV sice has been proving himself better and better while Cash hasn't really had any surprisingly good wins before getting here

losers

Djokra  vs  Kaif I would bold Djokra here but Kaif has gotten v close to qualifying for LT 2 cycles now so he definitely knows how to play
edudittA  vs  TheShadowClaw hard to predict otherwise
toadandhishaxx  vs  XSTATIC COLD tough call here but I'm gonna go with the unbanned user
WailJesus vs (Winner of Lancer Fr vs So Noisy) unless So Noisy haxes it's not gonna be tough for Lancer to win. Him vs. Wail is gonna be somewhat harder though.

Tol

Retirement house
The foulest insults you hurl with intent to wound will calmly settle at the earth before my feet, and the venom you spit will bring all the pain of a warm summer breeze. You are less than anything you can conceive, while I carry on, brimming with joy distilled from detachment.
woa u rly gonna take this lying down?

• Wow
Reactions: IBM

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Re: Le Creme Brule

The 1v1 TD team has received evidence that Le Creme Brule offered SiceXV ghosting in discord pms during his series against CashKP in Round 8 of the 1v1 Spring Seasonal. When asked about the matter, Le Creme Brule claims that she asked this as a joke, while SiceXV does not feel it was a joke. To clarify, regardless of whether or not a ghosting offer or other similar egregious offense is a "joke", it will be treated as if it were made in earnest.

Conclusion: Le Creme Brule will receive an infraction for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

A variety of factors were taken into account for a fitting punishment. Firstly, no ghosting actually occurred during the series, rather just the offer for it. Secondly, this is the first known offense from Le Creme Brule. Lastly, this evidence was received well after the point at which it would be more actionable, since it would have been much easier to simply warn or even eject her from the tournament within that same round, rather than having to deal with the complications of a rulebreaker making it further or even winning the whole tournament.

Had this been a more severe case, there are a wide variety of disciplinary measures that could have been taken, ranging from tourbans to complete removal of the trophy and any circuit points earned from said tournament. Let this stand as a reminder that any acts that potentially threaten the integrity of a tournament series will be taken seriously and acted upon accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)