Tournament 1v1 Winter Seasonal - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

maki

uri duri naranhi
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Can we just...
BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW BAN MEW and don't forget about BAN MEW???!?
Also, damnit Eriey backstabbed me!??!

Last edited:

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I don't know where are the rules about ghosting but it seems to me that it's not appreciated during tournaments. indeed this dude "MetaChang" allowed himself to say "I predict aromatise and corvinight".
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1052406962-lc6sv04kidd18pu8zfdu9ac98u27kggpw

so someone could give me an answer or what will be the consequences?
MetaChang doesnt have a smogon, so there isn't a whole lot we can really do. I'll talk to him when he's on.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool dont tryna fish for a rematch you lost and if you dont want something like that to happen, modchat your games
it's not about winning or not winning i don't care. it's just that the idea of ghosting,certain people think it's fun and it's absolutely not. it totally sabotages the game and you weren't in my place to feel what I was feeling at the time anyway. I anticipated that kind of thing in the first game by using the command /modchat + but to do it again just seems childish.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
As 1v1 becomes more popular, it is only natural that we will have more mindless people spectating games. If chat ghosting is a concern, then by all means you shouldn't hesitate in setting modchat, or otherwise even suggest playing on http://smogtours.psim.us/ instead.
That said, the section in the tournament guidelines outlining cheating does not state that a ghosted match needs to be replayed or nullified:
Ghosting: Ghosting is defined as giving any piece of advice to someone playing a game. Any form of direct advice is considered ghosting. A player should be able to make their own decisions based on what they observe by themselves. Asking for suggestions or affirmation adds an unfair dynamic and greatly reduces the chances of making mistakes. Our tournaments are designed to be tests of individual skill, not the skill of one player with the support of others providing suggestions or preventing bad plays. Playing a game while in a voice call with someone else will always be treated as ghosting of the highest severity.

The punishment for ghosting is a Tournament Ban that can range anywhere from 3 months to 1 year, depending on a series of factors.

Note that all of this applies to the Smogtours lobby, as such no suggesting of moves or speculation on the sets of either players will be tolerated.
While MetaChang has no smogon account to directly punish, we will issue a warning as normal and instead opt for a room punishment if he ghosts again.

Asking for an extension. Me and stableprince569 have attempted to schedule and had a time set for Saturday however this didn't work out and I doubt playing today will happen either. We have pretty inconvenient time zones, EST and UTC+1, I will try to schedule the match as soon as possible.
edit: got lucky match happened see next post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)