Metagame 1v1 Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh... so after the start of the Marshadow era, I realized that my old team pretty much got 3-0ed by it. So, I decided to make a set that countered all of the additions to the meta. After a while, I came up with this guy.
View attachment 85128
Try and stomp on this insect.
Yep, it's a Scizor. Now, although its Bug/Steel typing doesn't help you out much offensively against anything but Gardevoir, its amazing movepool and ability does.

SXIZRO (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 190 Atk / 66 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Brutal Swing

Now, let me explain myself. Bug Bite and Bullet Punch are for the all-important STABs, Aerial Ace is for the Fighting-Types, and Brutal Swing is for Ghosts.
The EVs are for all sorts of hit-taking scenarios.

Marshadow - 252+ Atk Marshadow Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike vs. 252 HP / 66 Def Scizor-Mega: 241-285 (70 - 82.8%) 252+ Atk Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 66 Def Scizor-Mega: 51-60 (14.8 - 17.4%), so they can't two shot you unless they get close to the best possible roll on both or crit you.
190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marshadow: 278-328 (72.3 - 85.4%) 190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marshadow: 139-165 (36.1 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO so you're getting the two shot in almost every scenario.

Lopunny - 252+ Atk Lopunny-Mega Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 66 Def Scizor-Mega: 27-32 (7.8 - 9.3%) 252+ Atk Lopunny-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 66 Def Scizor-Mega: 172-204 (50 - 59.3%), they aren't killing you before 190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lopunny-Mega: 242-286 (89.2 - 105.5%) happens. If it doesn't OHKO, 190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lopunny-Mega: 121-144 (44.6 - 53.1%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO will kill the rabbit.

Gardevoir - 252+ SpA Pixilate Gardevoir-Mega Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 192-227 (55.8 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO on the defensive end, and
190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gardevoir-Mega: 326-386 (95.8 - 113.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO on the offensive.

Gallade - 252+ Atk Gallade-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 66 Def Scizor-Mega: 184-217 (53.4 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, and 190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Aerial Ace vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gallade-Mega: 240-284 (86.3 - 102.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO. Of course, 190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gallade-Mega: 120-142 (43.1 - 51%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO can mop up anything that's still living.

Uh, yeah, that's my Scizor set. Y'all can use it if you want. Until the next time I'm bored and feel like making another weird set, T G C.
After a Bulk Up:
+1 252 Atk Marshadow Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Scizor-Mega: 330-388 (95.9 - 112.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

188+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Aerial Ace vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Marshadow: 186-220 (57.9 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

188+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Marshadow: 93-111 (28.9 - 34.5%) -- 4.9% chance to 3HKO

So, I'm not sure Scizor-M is an entirely reliable Marshadow Counter! Please, nothing personal!

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Uh... so after the start of the Marshadow era, I realized that my old team pretty much got 3-0ed by it. So, I decided to make a set that countered all of the additions to the meta. After a while, I came up with this guy.
View attachment 85128
Try and stomp on this insect.
Yep, it's a Scizor. Now, although its Bug/Steel typing doesn't help you out much offensively against anything but Gardevoir, its amazing movepool and ability does.

SXIZRO (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 190 Atk / 66 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Brutal Swing

Now, let me explain myself. Bug Bite and Bullet Punch are for the all-important STABs, Aerial Ace is for the Fighting-Types, and Brutal Swing is for Ghosts.
The EVs are for all sorts of hit-taking scenarios.

Marshadow - 252+ Atk Marshadow Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike vs. 252 HP / 66 Def Scizor-Mega: 241-285 (70 - 82.8%) 252+ Atk Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 66 Def Scizor-Mega: 51-60 (14.8 - 17.4%), so they can't two shot you unless they get close to the best possible roll on both or crit you.
190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marshadow: 278-328 (72.3 - 85.4%) 190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marshadow: 139-165 (36.1 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO so you're getting the two shot in almost every scenario.

Lopunny - 252+ Atk Lopunny-Mega Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 66 Def Scizor-Mega: 27-32 (7.8 - 9.3%) 252+ Atk Lopunny-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 66 Def Scizor-Mega: 172-204 (50 - 59.3%), they aren't killing you before 190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lopunny-Mega: 242-286 (89.2 - 105.5%) happens. If it doesn't OHKO, 190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lopunny-Mega: 121-144 (44.6 - 53.1%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO will kill the rabbit.

Gardevoir - 252+ SpA Pixilate Gardevoir-Mega Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 192-227 (55.8 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO on the defensive end, and
190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gardevoir-Mega: 326-386 (95.8 - 113.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO on the offensive.

Gallade - 252+ Atk Gallade-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 66 Def Scizor-Mega: 184-217 (53.4 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, and 190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Aerial Ace vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gallade-Mega: 240-284 (86.3 - 102.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO. Of course, 190+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gallade-Mega: 120-142 (43.1 - 51%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO can mop up anything that's still living.

Uh, yeah, that's my Scizor set. Y'all can use it if you want. Until the next time I'm bored and feel like making another weird set, T G C.
That's an interesting set for sure! A couple things: 190 attack/66 defense is just wrong. 188/64 gives the same stats with 4 more EVs. Also, Brutal Swing is a wasted moveslot. The only pokemon the VR it could possibly be useful against is Aegislash, but: 252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 319-376 (92.7 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
I think Roost would be more useful in that slot. All in all, though, Scizor has some potential.

Why Marshadow Ought to be Suspected
  1. It increases the power level of 1v1. Marshadow is the best pokemon in 1v1. People should be allowed to decide how strong they want the pokemon in 1v1 to be.
  2. Just because something has counters doesn't mean it's not too good to be in 1v1. Lunala has counters. That doesn't prevent it from being the best 1v1 pokemon.
  3. Just because people use counters to a pokemon doesn't mean it's not too good. You could say that because too many people use Alolan-Muk, Lunala isn't that good.
  4. It basically only needs one set, which makes it very easy to use. Spectral Thief, Marshadium Z and Close Combat are all you really need. You then can decide if you want to beat a few certain other pokemon with Rock Tomb, Sub, or Will-o-Wisp. Sounds a lot like Gyarados lol.
Just Sayin': If Marshadow is allowed, not unbanning Zygarde-Complete and Darkrai looks kinda dumb. They're a lot worse than Marshadow.

Also Just Sayin': Pretty sure you could have Ferrothorn beat 50% of the meta if you counted 50/50s as 1/2.

Lastly Just Sayin': Deo-D isn't OP because it doesn't win enough because of crits. We can go into this later, though. Marshadow's OP, man.

Actually Lastly Just Sayin': When something is really OP, the meta doesn't become more and more counters to it, it becomes more and more of the OP thing.

Last edited:

dom

Banned deucer.

Yeah, can we just ban this thing please? From Mace's massive post we can see Marsh beats 73% of the meta with one set, and this is absolutely unacceptable. Let's see how Marshadow's enormous set of good matchups stacks against two important points in the 1v1 suspect philosphy.
A Pokemon is deemed suspect worthy if it's overcentralizing in the 1v1 metagame, a significantly high usage justifies the large scale it takes in the metagame which is unhealthy and needs to be looked on. This is 1v1 and not a battle between two teams, a Pokemon with high usage proves that its strong and easily splashable on most teams.
Marshadow is absolutely overcentralizing. This pokemon forces you to run a specific counter from 27% of the meta, which isn't a whole lot. Even then, marshadow -can- run stuff like fatter bulk ups or av to beat its checks/counters. Marshadow beating pokemon like Koko with av just shouldn't be happening. Let's also talk about the usage part. If you've laddered in 1v1 since it was released, you've likely ran into an incredible amount of them. This mon has just been splashed on teams to take advantage of the huge set of mons and teams that just can't beat it, and it does this so well. Can't use usage stats bc they're not out yet :x

2) By definition a broken Pokemon is a Pokemon that doesn't have a lot of checks and counters. Let's define C&C in 1v1. A check is a Pokemon that can defeat another with a specific set but if it uses another it may lose. A counter is a Pokemon that can defeat another Pokemon no matter what it runs. Ex: Mega Blastoise is a check to Mega Charizard Y if it runs full spdf and mirror coat but Chansey is a counter to Mega Charizard Y as it can always beat it. A pokemon is deemed broken if it defeats at least more than the half of the metagame with a set or its other viable sets without having an opportunity cost, that was the case of Mega Salamence which could easily adjust between two sets and defeat more than half of the meta.

Marshadow's single set doesn't have a lot of checks and counters, only 27% of the meta. You can also run alternate marsh sets to beat the stuff you really shouldn't be, like koko, which is also very unhealthy. Marsh is way worse than the Megamence example, as it only has to run one set to beat so much.

tl;dr marsh's ability to beat 73% of the meta with 1 set means it should be banned.

Oh also gonna use this post to post some teams I've made that I think should be samples.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that it beats 73% of the meta. I can only assume that they're talking about beating "common" sets of individual mons and using that as what the entire mon is used for. A key example here is how Kyurem-Sets that aren't Scarf almost all beat non-Fightium Marshadow

Glyx☃: .usage kyuremblack items 1v1
*TIBot: Choice Scarf 48.078% | Icium Z 23.647% | Choice Band 14.487% | Dragonium Z 1.999% | Choice Specs 1.972% | Haban Berry 1.512% | Electrium Z 1.485% | Power Herb 1.332% | Life Orb 1.151% | Other 4.337%
Glyx☃: .usage 2 1v1
*TIBot: Kyurem-Black - #2 in 1v1 | Usage: 13.32658% | Raw count: 27,012 | Weight: 0.848747984206

So in this mon alone, a solid 6.9% from non-Scarfed Kyubes has been shaved off of that daunting "73%" you guys are so worried about. I wonder how much more we can shave off if we look at all the other mons Marshadow "beats"?
Note: ofc not ALL non-scarf kyub beat Marsh, but the relevant ones listed above do, and by all means, we can delve even deeper into the rabbit hole by examining particular spreads, since 1v1 is in a transition phase where what people actually use is becoming more dominant than what is legitimately good, meaning these usage stats really do matter.
Note 2: I know these usage stats aren't up to date, but I doubt the usage will have shifted THAT much.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that it beats 73% of the meta. I can only assume that they're talking about beating "common" sets of individual mons and using that as what the entire mon is used for. A key example here is how Kyurem-Sets that aren't Scarf almost all beat non-Fightium Marshadow

Glyx☃: .usage kyuremblack items 1v1
*TIBot: Choice Scarf 48.078% | Icium Z 23.647% | Choice Band 14.487% | Dragonium Z 1.999% | Choice Specs 1.972% | Haban Berry 1.512% | Electrium Z 1.485% | Power Herb 1.332% | Life Orb 1.151% | Other 4.337%
Glyx☃: .usage 2 1v1
*TIBot: Kyurem-Black - #2 in 1v1 | Usage: 13.32658% | Raw count: 27,012 | Weight: 0.848747984206

So in this mon alone, a solid 6.9% from non-Scarfed Kyubes has been shaved off of that daunting "73%" you guys are so worried about. I wonder how much more we can shave off if we look at all the other mons Marshadow "beats"?
Note: ofc not ALL non-scarf kyub beat Marsh, but the relevant ones listed above do, and by all means, we can delve even deeper into the rabbit hole by examining particular spreads, since 1v1 is in a transition phase where what people actually use is becoming more dominant than what is legitimately good, meaning these usage stats really do matter.
Note 2: I know these usage stats aren't up to date, but I doubt the usage will have shifted THAT much.
With Bulk Up, Marshadow beats any non-specs Kyurem set provided you play correctly. In my post I covered different sets mons have and calculated them accordingly. I did make a few mistakes, but it's still around 70%.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
With Bulk Up, Marshadow beats any non-specs Kyurem set provided you play correctly. In my post I covered different sets mons have and calculated them accordingly. I did make a few mistakes, but it's still around 70%.
Bulk Up would then just lose to Scarf, since CC fails to OHKO most of the time unless max atk
252 Atk Marshadow Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 384-452 (98.2 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Spare a few evs and bam, countered.

Hi, this is your favorite Wrath Of Alakazam back with another post on why marshadow should not be banned.

Marshadow helps in checking stupid setup stall mons like Iron Defence /Amnesia /CosmicPower DeoD, and it's insanely good typing coupled with a handy 125BST speed helps keep some ridiculous troublesome Pokemon like Jumpluff at bay! Not saying that Pokemon which have counters are not OP, but part of the reasoning as to why it should be banned seem to stem from the fact that it has not a lot of counters, and that's just absurd!

Also, it is not as OP as one thinks it to be;it is just a very good Pokemon, at par with CharizardX or Gyarados-M, but seeing that they are not banned, I see no reason why this should be, too.

As Glyx pointed out, when the stats mean 73%, it just means the regularly used sets.

I mean, IK it is fast and it has a gimmick, but seriously, it's not banworthy, in my opinion, but then I might be wrong, so feel free to oppose me!

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Bulk Up would then just lose to Scarf, since CC fails to OHKO most of the time unless max atk
252 Atk Marshadow Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 384-452 (98.2 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Spare a few evs and bam, countered.
You'll note that my Marshadow set runs 236 attack and the other set runs Rock Tomb.
Hi, this is your favorite Wrath Of Alakazam back with another post on why marshadow should not be banned.

Marshadow helps in checking stupid setup stall mons like Iron Defence /Amnesia /CosmicPower DeoD, and it's insanely good typing coupled with a handy 125BST speed helps keep some ridiculous troublesome Pokemon like Jumpluff at bay! Not saying that Pokemon which have counters are not OP, but part of the reasoning as to why it should be banned seem to stem from the fact that it has not a lot of counters, and that's just absurd!

Also, it is not as OP as one thinks it to be;it is just a very good Pokemon, at par with CharizardX or Gyarados-M, but seeing that they are not banned, I see no reason why this should be, too.

As Glyx pointed out, when the stats mean 73%, it just means the regularly used sets.

I mean, IK it is fast and it has a gimmick, but seriously, it's not banworthy, in my opinion, but then I might be wrong, so feel free to oppose me!
Opposed.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
You'll note that my Marshadow set runs 236 attack and the other set runs Rock Tomb.
General spreads
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Marshadow: 316-373 (98.4 - 116.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
Optimized spreads
108+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 0 HP / 136 Def Marshadow: 249-294 (77.5 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236 Atk Marshadow Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 148 Def Kyurem-Black: 326-386 (83.3 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With that said, let's stop talking about what could be used and talk about what is being used, since going off of a mon's pure potential for sets would mean things like Mew, Porygon-Z, and Blaziken would have been banned long ago. Potential will become a viable way of assessing things if/when we get rid of species clause.

I don't mean to de-value your argument, of course. I was simply pointing out that a Marshadow without Sneak/Rock Tomb has little chance of beating Scarf Kyurem in a fair fight (both players either knowing or not knowing how to optimize spreads).

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Blah blah Marshadow is op blah blah blah pls ban blah blah blah ok now let's move on to something that isn't parroting another person's opinion on one damn pokemon

Ursaring_XY.gif

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Yawn
- Protect
- Facade
- Close Combat/Crunch

This set isn't super viable, no. But it is pretty damn fun. Click Yawn, then Protect, then spam the best move for the situation and hope your opponent doesn't wake up. Ursaring with Adamant, investment and a Flame Orb is super strong. It can actually 2HKO Mega Metagross with Close Combat, which is very impressive considering how naturally bulky that mon is. The speed EVs are to outspeed stuff like neutral Heatran and base 70-75s. As for team support, Marshadow is necessary to combat other Marshadow, especially if you choose Close Combat over Crunch. Again, this is just a fun set, so don't treat it as a serious one. But then again, if Yawn Petaya Berry Stunfisk can find a use, then sky's the limit.

Other Options
While you could sacrifice Protect to make room for coverage, this isn't recommended, as Ursaring typically cannot survive more than 1 hit due to how powerful everything is. Same goes for Yawn. Hammer Arm could be used over Close Combat to avoid defense drops. While CC is more reliable and more powerful, HA has situational uses. Still, CC is typically better.

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-606407777
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-606408261 (kek)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-606418549 (speed investment coming through)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-606420247 (weeaboo gets beaned)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-606455701 (stronk)

These are all the 1v1 teams I have right now. There's a few extra teams in there for 2v2 doubles etc. I may expound on the teams' strengths and weaknesses in the future. I'll format it better too.

Memed
Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Curse
- Substitute
- Protect

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Crunch

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Giga Impact

What's the Point?
Kartana @ Steelium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 96 HP / 240 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Magearna @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 216 HP / 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

You lose to scarf

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
EVs: 148 Atk / 108 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rock Tomb

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

the god arrives

Arrived (Marshadow) @ Marshadium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 64 Atk / 188 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Rock Tomb
- Substitute

Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Curse
- Protect
- Substitute
- Play Rough

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpD
- Electroweb
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Mirror Coat

Mawile hp Melo

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Uproar
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Mawile def Melo

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 232 Def / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Uproar
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

the goddess arrives

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Flail
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 200 HP / 136 Atk / 72 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 20 HP / 232 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- King's Shield
- Magnet Rise
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

Tapu Fini

Jumpluff @ Wide Lens
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 140 Def / 44 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute
- Earth Power

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 92 HP / 196 Def / 216 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot

Tapu Koko

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 24 HP / 136 Atk / 168 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Taunt
- Charge
- Substitute

Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Substitute

Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Pyukumuku

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Soak
- Recover
- Toxic

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 128 HP / 24 Atk / 104 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Substitute

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Metal Burst
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

One Day Garchomp

Magearna @ Choice Specs
EVs: 236 HP / 236 SpA / 12 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

EVs: 168 HP / 144 Atk / 104 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Poison Jab

Avalugg

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Recover
- Avalanche
- Toxic
- Mirror Coat

Golem @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Counter
- Rock Tomb

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Heart Stamp
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Trick

UOP

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 24 HP / 232 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Fang
- Iron Head
- Superpower

Celesteela @ Choice Specs
EVs: 220 HP / 204 SpA / 20 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Charm
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed

ban marshadow

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hex
- Sludge Wave
- Hypnosis

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Rock Tomb

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 132 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Sableye

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Metal Burst
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Mirror Coat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Iron Defense
- Amnesia

Golem

EVs: 236 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Charm

Golem @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Counter
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 196 HP / 56 Atk / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Crunch

No fun allowed

EVs: 128 HP / 24 Atk / 104 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Substitute

Deoxys-Defense @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 44 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Heracross

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 236 HP / 140 Atk / 52 Def / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Arm Thrust
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Rash Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Mirror Coat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Quagsire

Quagsire @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stockpile
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 24 HP / 232 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 140 Def / 52 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute
- Earth Power

The ONE and only Aegislash TEEAM

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 16 Spe
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt

EVs: 188 HP / 72 Atk / 156 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Outrage

Backup

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 136 HP / 4 Atk / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Rash Nature
- King's Shield
- Magnet Rise
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast

EVs: 100 HP / 208 Atk / 40 Def / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Outrage

Ban Mud Slap

Deoxys-Defense @ Psychium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Cosmic Power
- Recover
- Mud-Slap

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 92 HP / 184 Def / 216 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Grass Knot
- Surf

Mega-Swampert

Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Outrage
- Mirror Coat

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Giga Impact
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

Monotype

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Rock Tomb

Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hyper Beam
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb

LandWoAn

Genesect @ Choice Specs
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 140 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Tapu Bulu @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Horn Leech
- Substitute

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar-Mega

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Low Kick
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 20 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Rock Tomb

Keldeo

Keldeo @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 116 SpA / 20 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Uproar
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Substitute

Mega-Medicham

EVs: 216 HP / 200 SpA / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 136 HP / 248 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon

Curse Mimikyu

Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Curse
- Protect
- Substitute

Snorlax @ Normalium Z
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 240 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Yawn
- Protect
- Belly Drum
- Frustration

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon
- Overheat

Jumpluff

Jumpluff @ Wide Lens
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Uproar
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Donphan @ Rockium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 19 Spe
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Counter
- Ice Shard

Jumpluff

Jumpluff @ Wide Lens
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute

Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Head

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
EVs: 192 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt

Nhilego

Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 228 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Amnesia
- Iron Defense

Jumpluff @ Wide Lens
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute

Marowak-A

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 216 HP / 196 Atk / 96 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 56 HP / 224 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Giga Impact
- Substitute
- Earthquake

EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Calm Nature
- Charm
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Charm

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Blast Burn
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power

Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
Jolly Nature
- Charm
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Psywave
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Garchomp and Ferrothorn

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Iron Head

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
Jolly Nature
- Charm
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Snorlax

Snorlax @ Normalium Z
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Atk / 124 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Yawn
- Protect
- Belly Drum
- Frustration

Domination (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Lonely Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt

Primarina @ Waterium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 172 SpA / 28 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Aqua Jet
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Blastoise

Magearna @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Serious Nature
- Fake Out
- Hydro Cannon
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Overheat

EVs: 220 HP / 44 Atk / 140 Def / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Primarina

Primarina @ Waterium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 196 SpA / 8 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Aqua Jet
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpA
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Kartana

Kartana @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Counter
- Soft-Boiled

Golem @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Sucker Punch

Landorus

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Wave

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Charm

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Spe
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

Umbreon

Umbreon @ Fairium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Charm
- Moonlight
- Snarl
- Foul Play

EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Charm
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed

EVs: 160 HP / 132 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Hammer Arm

Mixed Dragonite

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Quagsire @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stockpile
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald

EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 132 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Pinsir x Chansey

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Counter

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Giga Impact
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Magearna @ Choice Specs
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Xstatic's dumb team

EVs: 148 HP / 192 Atk / 68 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Sawk @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Tomb
- Thunder Punch
- Poison Jab

Kartana @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade

Macemaster's bad team

Barbaracle @ Rockium Z
EVs: 116 HP / 208 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Razor Shell

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Atk / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Genesect @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 152 SpA / 12 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Silvers

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 88 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

EVs: 140 HP / 164 Atk / 112 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Outrage

EVs: 148 HP / 108 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Substitute

Emperor

Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Golem @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
- Counter
- Sucker Punch

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Magnet Rise
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

Rank 1

EVs: 188 HP / 100 Atk / 128 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Outrage

Magearna @ Choice Specs
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Sawk @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Rock Tomb

SMIRNOV's TEAM

Genesect @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Counter

EVs: 188 HP / 104 Atk / 120 Def / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Outrage

Dank

Salazzle @ Firium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Mild Nature
- Fake Out
- Overheat
- Sludge Wave
- Encore

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Electroweb
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

banded pheromosa

Pheromosa @ Choice Band
Naughty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Ice Beam
- Double Kick

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Acid Armor
- Rest
- Scald

Thundurus-Therian @ Electrium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Charge
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pheromosa

Pheromosa @ Fightinium Z
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Bug Buzz

EVs: 152 HP / 140 Atk / 124 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Mirror Coat
- Flash Cannon

Meme

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Chip Away

Salazzle @ Leftovers
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Disable
- Protect

Pheromosa @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Lunge
- High Jump Kick
- Double Kick
- Poison Jab

KANTO

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 196 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 56 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Fake Out
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Hydro Cannon

Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Charm
- Protect

EVs: 104 HP / 28 Atk / 124 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

CHAMPEON"S BAD TEAM

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Volcarona @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Overheat
- Hyper Beam

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Electroweb
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam
- Flash Cannon

Gen 6

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 96 Def / 4 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Taunt

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Specs
EVs: 244 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

1v1 AG

Arceus @ Mental Herb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Recover
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Trick Room

Lunala @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Shield
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Moongeist Beam
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Sableye @ Focus Sash
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Metal Burst
- Toxic

Doubles 1

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Psychic
- Fake Out
- Overheat

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Protect

Doubles 2

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Serious Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Meteor Mash

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Substitute
- Protect

Doubles 3

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Naughty Nature
- Wild Charge
- Charge
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raichu-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Doubles 4

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse

Ban 2v2 Doubles

Sableye @ Iron Ball
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Protect
- Substitute
- Taunt

Meloetta @ Mental Herb
Relaxed Nature
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Substitute
- Trick Room

Ban 2v2 Doubles ok

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Outrage
- Return

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Doubles 7

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Blast Burn
- Air Slash
- Ancient Power
- Solar Beam

Venusaur @ Wide Lens
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Father

Zygarde-Complete @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 148 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Coil
- Extreme Speed

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 128 Def / 40 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Buzzwole @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 200 HP / 180 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Lunge
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Chimera 1

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Lunala @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Shield
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Araquanid @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Mirror Coat

Kyurem-White @ Choice Specs
Ability: Turboblaze
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Fusion Flare

Porygon-Z @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Thunder
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Blastoise @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet
- Water Spout

Chimera 2

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades

Bisharp @ Red Orb
Ability: Defiant
- Brick Break

Porygon
- Agility

Blissey @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Aromatherapy

Kyurem-Black
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Victini
Ability: Victory Star
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Dazzling Gleam
- Quick Attack
- V-create

Hax Test

Mew @ Leppa Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 52 Def / 52 SpA / 52 SpD / 52 Spe
Docile Nature
- Metronome

Mew @ Leppa Berry
EVs: 52 HP / 248 Atk / 52 Def / 52 SpA / 52 SpD / 52 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Metronome

Mew @ Leppa Berry
EVs: 52 HP / 52 Atk / 248 Def / 52 SpA / 52 SpD / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Metronome

Mew @ Leppa Berry
EVs: 52 HP / 52 Atk / 52 Def / 248 SpA / 52 SpD / 52 Spe
Rash Nature
- Metronome

Mew @ Leppa Berry
EVs: 52 HP / 52 Atk / 52 Def / 52 SpA / 248 SpD / 52 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Metronome

Mew @ Leppa Berry
EVs: 52 HP / 52 Atk / 52 Def / 52 SpA / 52 SpD / 248 Spe
Serious Nature
- Metronome

Hax Test

Wishiwashi @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Moody
Level: 150
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Metronome

Sunkern @ Leppa Berry
Timid Nature
- Metronome

Azurill @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Protean
Mild Nature
- Metronome

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Leppa Berry
Bold Nature
- Metronome

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Color Change
Impish Nature
- Metronome

Rayquaza-Mega @ Leppa Berry
Jolly Nature
- Metronome

Hax Test

Wishiwashi @ Leppa Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Metronome

Sunkern @ Focus Band
Ability: No Guard
Level: 1
Timid Nature
- Sheer Cold

Azurill @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Protean
Level: 220
Mild Nature
- Metronome

Level: 95
Bold Nature
- Metronome

Ability: Color Change
Impish Nature
- Metronome

Jolly Nature
- Metronome

Hax Test

Wishiwashi @ Leppa Berry
Level: 200
Relaxed Nature
- Metronome

Sunkern @ Leppa Berry
Timid Nature
- Metronome

Azurill @ Leppa Berry
Mild Nature
- Metronome

Bold Nature
- Metronome

Impish Nature
- Metronome

Jolly Nature
- Metronome

Last edited:

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Suspect Test 2.0: Deoxys-Defense.

The 1v1 Leadership team has voted upon Deoxys-Defense to be suspected. The test will run for 2 weeks until Monday the 7th of August at 23:59 GMT and the requirements are 2600 COIL on the 1v1 ladder. You are not required to make a fresh alt because there will be a new ladder with Deoxys-Defense allowed. Once you've achieved your requirements create a Smogon conversation with me with a screenshot of your /rank and your vote, that way we can keep the thread clean and the vote private. Make sure to abuse Deoxys-Defense on the ladder while you can! Polite discussion is highly encouraged, please do not talk about the Pokemon unless you have tested to not plague the thread with fake-statements. Deoxys-Defense will need a 60% majority to get banned.

Justifications: "Deoxys-Defense was unbanned last generation as it wasn't deemed that broken or deserving to be present in the 1v1 banlist. Such remarks were made because it has a crucial hazards setting role in OU which made it broken, with hazards not being in the 1v1 metagame, Deoxys-Defense wasn't looked at as broken last generation, especially with the abundance of more suspect-worthy threats last generation like Mega Salamence, Mega Gyarados, Mega Mawile, and Kyurem-Black which made the discussion or the thoughts of Deoxys-Defense ever being banned masked. Even though some people vouched for such ban last generation it didn't get the boot as like mentioned we didn't get to see much discussion. It was also unbanned this generation as we were setting the same banlist as last generation for a start, I didn't consider it banworth back then but as the metagame developed more and we're few months in Generation VII metagame I do believe now that Deoxys-Defense restricts teambuilding in a way.

Deoxys-Defense as its name indicates is a defensive monster being able to easily tank hits from the scariest threats in the metagame notably Kyurem-Black, Mega Charizard X, Mega Mawile, Dragonite and more. Not only it can tank these hits but it can also reliably beat them with the help of Counter, Mirror Coat or by PP stalling due to pressure. Furthermore, Deoxys-Defense can beat defensive Pokemon as it is a fast Pokemon with access to Taunt and Seismic Toss. All these traits make Deoxys-Defense at the top of defensive threats. The usage of Taunt can also stop set up moves by offensive Pokemon like Dragonite and Mega Charizard X allowing Deoxys-Defense to beat them easier.

What makes Deoxys-Defense broken in my opinion is with the correct play it can beat a good part of the metagame with methods that can be called cheap such as PP stall thanks to pressure. Plus its typing leaves it prone to underused types in the metagame Dark and Bug, and an average type in the metagame Ghost allowing it to perform its role as a defensive Pokemon better due to it not being weak to a lot of Pokemon. Such protection from the moveset, typing and stats sides make it a threat that needs special countering on each team or it will run through it. Deoxys-Defense makes it hard to run stall teams or even offensive Pokemon without moves tailored to beat it such as Set up+Strong Z-move condition the foe is faster than Deoxys-Defense or it will be taunted."

PP Stall
Deoxys-Defense @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Iron Defense
- Amnesia
- Recover

Z-Cosmic Power
Deoxys-Defense @ Psychium Z
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Recover
- Seismic Toss
- Taunt

CounterCoat
Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

The B value for this test is 20. To figure out how many battles you'll need to have in order to achieve reqs, first determine your GXE (shown on the ladder and when you type /rank) and plug that into the following formula:

N=20/log2(40*GXE/2600)

(Google calculator is awesome for this kind of thing)

Happy suspect and discussion!
Join the 1v1 room for live discussion!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Since this suspect is causing so much vitriol and angry in-fighting among the community, I'm not gonna talk about it. Instead, how about some more underrated sets?

Gardevoir_Mega_XY.gif

Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Beam
- Psychic/Hyper Voice
- Taunt

A lot of people are quick to dismiss Mega Gardevoir as an inferior Tapu Lele. And while that may be true, Gardevoir does have come cool things that you can't say the same for the Psychic Tapu. For one thing, it has a very cool niche of being the strongest Pixilate Hyper Beam user aside from Specs Sylveon (Which only out-powers it by a teensy bit, and besides, it's freaking Sylveon, who even uses this thing?) Pixilate Hyper Beam is an immense nuke, being one of the strongest attacks from a Mega Evolution, only beaten by Mega Charizard Y's Sun-boosted Blast Burn (at least in this tier) Hyper Beam is harder to wall, too, only having one solid resist (name a good Poison type in 1v1), as well as being able to outright OHKO many powerful Pokemon, including both S tier titans. Gardevoir also has very handy speed tier, allowing it to actually be a check for all Kyurem-B sets except for Scarf. Gardy may have good special defense, but what about that crappy physical defense? Well, that's where Will-O-Wisp comes in. With Will-O, you can cripple a lot of physical attack-oriented Pokemon, making their normally powerful blows not so scary, allowing you buy time to 2HKO them with one of your STABs. Speaking of cock-blocking physical attackers...

Arcanine_XY.gif

Arcanine @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat/Wild Charge/Substitute/Extreme Speed

This pupper needs more use, seriously. With Intimidate, Morning Sun, good all-around bulk and Will-O-Wisp, Arcanine can cripple just about any physical attacker. Now, you're probably wondering "Why not a Z-Charm set?" That does sound like a good idea on paper, but there's a major flaw: Morning Sun and Charm are incompatible with one another. Despite this, Rocky Helmet still eats physical hits for days, as well as laughing in the face of any Kyurem-Black set not running Earth Power. tl;dr Arcanine is a very good boy, and using him will make you do a smile.

Last edited:
Marshadow proving to be a problem? Here's a counter that your opponent might not expect to be one, as well as an all-round good Pokemon; Wobbuffet!

Wobbuffet @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shadow Tag
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Safeguard

252+ Atk Choice Band Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Wobbuffet: 470-554 (80.4 - 94.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

This set can tank a Spectral Thief from even Banded Adamant Marshadow and Counter back for a guaranteed OHKO, no matter the Marshadow! Only Marshadow with Toxic or Will-O-Wisp will reliably beat Wobbuffet. The Focus Sash allows it to always live a special hit from other Pokemon and hit back with a Mirror Coat, which will kill almost anything thanks to Wobbuffet's amazing 190 Base HP stat, as well as live the infamous Soul-Stealing Seven Star Strike. Teams that focus on full offense will struggle to defeat Wobbuffet, and will make your opponent more likely to pick a wall of their own if you have one. Pair Wobbuffet with powerful wallbreakers to exploit this.
A) Focus Sash is illegal in 1v1.
B) This set is pretty much entirely outclassed by Deoxys-Defense, as it is bulkier both physically and specially, and can run Taunt over Safeguard to beat additional tanks and/or setup sweepers.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Since this suspect is causing so much vitriol and angry in-fighting among the community, I'm not gonna talk about it. Instead, about some more underrated sets?

View attachment 85758
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

A lot of people are quick to dismiss Mega Gardevoir as an inferior Tapu Lele. And while that may be true, Gardevoir does has come cool things that you can't say the same for the Psychic Tapu. For one thing, it has a very handy speed tier, allowing it to actually be a check for all Kyurem-B sets except for Scarf, and maybe really super-duper specially defensive variants. Even then, it's a roll. Also, I think Gardevoir is better for Calm Mind sets due to far better special bulk. But what about that crappy physical defense? Well, that's where Will-O-Wisp comes in. With Will-O, you can cripple a lot of physical attack-oriented Pokemon, making their normally powerful blows not so scary, allowing you buy time to 2HKO them with one of your STABs. Speaking of cock-blocking physical attackers...

View attachment 85759
Arcanine @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat/Wild Charge/Substitute/Extreme Speed

This pupper needs more use, seriously. With Intimidate, Morning Sun, good all-around bulk and Will-O-Wisp, Arcanine can cripple just about any physical attacker. Now, you're probably wondering "Why not a Z-Charm set?" That does sound like a good idea on paper, but there's a major flaw: Morning Sun and Charm are incompatible with one another. Despite this, Rocky Helmet still eats physical hits for days, as well as laughing in the face of any Kyurem-Black set not running Earth Power. tl;dr Arcanine is a very good boy, and using him will make you do a smile.
Calm Mind and Psyshock are weak moves on Gardevoir. Psyshock hits Mega Venusaur and Chansey, but it fails to OHKO Venusaur and can't even manage a 3HKO against Chansey, meaning that it's an essentially worthless move. Meanwhile, I can't name one thing that Calm Mind could be useful against... The biggest part of Gardevoir that you're missing out on, though, is Hyper Beam. Hyper Beam is atrociously powerful and can simply OHKO pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Tapu Lele and Dragonite (bar some fat variants of Gyarados and Dragonite). Your EVs could also be optimized. Here's an optimized version of your Gardevoir set you could try:

Ability: Trace
EVs: 32 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Taunt is used to beat Deoxys-D as well as to better your matchup against various other stallers. The EVs rely on some roles, but allow you to take on Donphan, Golem and Timid Porygon-Z the majority of time.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Calm Mind and Psyshock are weak moves on Gardevoir. Psyshock hits Mega Venusaur and Chansey, but it fails to OHKO Venusaur and can't even manage a 3HKO against Chansey, meaning that it's an essentially worthless move. Meanwhile, I can't name one thing that Calm Mind could be useful against... The biggest part of Gardevoir that you're missing out on, though, is Hyper Beam. Hyper Beam is atrociously powerful and can simply OHKO pokemon like Mega Gyarados, Tapu Lele and Dragonite (bar some fat variants of Gyarados and Dragonite). Your EVs could also be optimized. Here's an optimized version of your Gardevoir set you could try:

Ability: Trace
EVs: 32 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Taunt is used to beat Deoxys-D as well as to better your matchup against various other stallers. The EVs rely on some roles, but allow you to take on Donphan, Golem and Timid Porygon-Z the majority of time.
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I honestly have zero clue why or how I could've left out such an important move like Hyper Beam. I'll definitely be editing that in. After learning that tidbit about Psyshock, I agree it's kinda useless. Still, I think running Psychic can be useful for certain scenarios. Your set, while still neato, is walled by Mega Venusaur without Psychic. I'll put it as an alternate option over, let's say, Hyper Voice. Calm Mind would be useful IMO if it weren't for Hyper Beam killing most things anyway. Also, yeah, Taunt is always cool, although I dunno if saying it can beat Deoxys Defense is really a good comparison, considering that it's future in the tier looks a tad shaky (Going off of the room poll, it's a very close vote). Even if it does go, Taunt could still be useful for stopping Mega bro and stuff.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I honestly have zero clue why or how I could've left out such an important move like Hyper Beam. I'll definitely be editing that in. After learning that tidbit about Psyshock, I agree it's kinda useless. Still, I think running Psychic can be useful for certain scenarios. Your set, while still neato, is walled by Mega Venusaur without Psychic. I'll put it as an alternate option over, let's say, Hyper Voice. Calm Mind would be useful IMO if it weren't for Hyper Beam killing most things anyway. Also, yeah, Taunt is always cool, although I dunno if saying it can beat Deoxys Defense is really a good comparison, considering that it's future in the tier looks a tad shaky (Going off of the room poll, it's a very close vote). Even if it does go, Taunt could still be useful for stopping Mega bro and stuff.
Psychic also fails to OHKO Mega Venusaur, and with Sleep Powder and Sludge Bomb, Gardevoir doesn't stand much of a chance bar Sleep Powder miss. If you're concerned about Venusaur, you could drop Hyper Voice for Psychic, allowing you to 50/50 with Taunt/Psychic. I personally like Hyper Voice a lot though, as it ignores Substitute which many pokemon will try to use in the face of a Hyper Beam.

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
This set might be a bit too ridiculous, but how about bringing Psychium Z Gardevoir on a team that naturally baits the opponent to pick Mega Venu? Obviously a very niche option, but still has some good power behind it and can catch people by surprise.

Gardevoir @ Psychium Z
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

252+ SpA Gardevoir Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Venusaur-Mega: 390-458 (107.1 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Focus Blast covers Steel types if necessary, and Taunt allows Gardevoir to beat down walls. No Mega Venusaur has the capability to guarantee an OHKO on Gardevoir thanks to that naturally high Sp.Def, with most common Mega Venu sets never sealing a one hit knockout. Another option is running Psyshock over Focus Blast if your team has a solid Steel answer in order to deal a little more damage to special walls, but often said damage has little effect on the outcome of the battle.

This set might be a bit too ridiculous, but how about bringing Psychium Z Gardevoir on a team that naturally baits the opponent to pick Mega Venu? Obviously a very niche option, but still has some good power behind it and can catch people by surprise.

Gardevoir @ Psychium Z
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

252+ SpA Gardevoir Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Venusaur-Mega: 390-458 (107.1 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Focus Blast covers Steel types if necessary, and Taunt allows Gardevoir to beat down walls. No Mega Venusaur has the capability to guarantee an OHKO on Gardevoir thanks to that naturally high Sp.Def, with most common Mega Venu sets never sealing a one hit knockout. Another option is running Psyshock over Focus Blast if your team has a solid Steel answer in order to deal a little more damage to special walls, but often said damage has little effect on the outcome of the battle.
That set is simply done better by Tapu Lele, since it has better speed, better bulk, and more power. And you don't even have Trace, which is definitely the better ability, since it at least lets you beat Jumpluff and some Sturdy users.

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
That set is simply done better by Tapu Lele, since it has better speed, better bulk, and more power. And you don't even have Trace, which is definitely the better ability, since it at least lets you beat Jumpluff and some Sturdy users.
I wouldn't consider Tapu Lele better as a bait for Mega Venusaur, as purely because there should be no other set ran on Gardevoir, they will expect a Mega set that they 1v1. Therefore, they will be more likely to pick Venusaur. Tapu Lele is very likely to run a Z-Move that lets it easily beat Mega Venusaur, or even just be able to OHKO Mega Venusaurs sometimes without needing to run a Z-Move, hence they likely won't pick it if you run Lele instead of Gardevoir. You are, however, right about running Trace.

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Here's a suggestion by me that actually does beat Marshadow; Special Scarf Hoopa-U!

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Its faster, and Psyshock is a guaranteed OHKO, even on max HP Marshadow.

Tol

Retirement house
Here's a suggestion by me that actually does beat Marshadow; Special Scarf Hoopa-U!

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Its faster, and Psyshock is a guaranteed OHKO, even on max HP Marshadow.
Here's some more sets that work if you really, desperately need a hard counter to Marshadow.

Underrated (Pidgeot-Mega) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Def / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Feather Dance

Overkill (Talonflame) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Attack
- Taunt

Fakeu Lele (Bruxish) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dazzling
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Aqua Tail
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)