Tournament 1v1PL III - Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
co-hosting with yogi useless bear
Art by AmirAlexander

1v1 PREMIER LEAGUE - Week 6
Standings
Information
Rules;

On Deadline & Match Completion

All players must complete their matches by Sunday 21st of April 23:59 PM EST. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, the game will be dead. NO Extensions will be granted.

On Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription.

Matchups;
All games are Bo5 unless written otherwise. //will add logos later

Juuling Jumpluffs (2) vs Hellfire Heatrans (6)
SM Bo7: ryyjyywyy vs XSTATIC COLD
SM: ggopw vs Joker 1v1
SM: Synonimous vs UBERLandon21
ORAS: dom vs alive
ORAS: Endal vs motogp
BW: SoulWind vs ima
DPP: CrashinBoomBang vs TogliBabineBoeuf
2v2 Doubles: RuffletMuffler vs London13

Metroboomin Megarays (1) vs Frozen Articunos (5)
SM Bo7: Freddy Kyogre vs Jamez155
SM: Close vs Squirtell 1v1
SM: Jytcampbell vs Boat (phiwings99)
ORAS: Wrath of Alakazam vs Elo Bandit
ORAS: OM room vs skysolo14
BW: sed vs Chaitanya
DPP: neomon vs ThatCabbageGuy
2v2 Doubles: Poison Adhesive vs JediR

Pixilated Porygons (7) vs Ecstatic Escargots (1)
SM Bo7: MaceMaster vs SilvioGiovanna
SM: Eriey vs Whaleeeee
SM: Krytocon vs BigPimpin12 Blazikin
ORAS: Shyom vs ayedan
ORAS: Catalystic vs roman
BW: Wanonymous1616 vs pazza
DPP: Xayah vs TonyFlygon
2v2 Doubles: Pigeons vs Lancer Fr

RPS Rhyperiors (4) vs Playful Pancham (4)
SM Bo7: WailJesus vs Chickenpie2
SM: akaFila vs AllFourtyOne
SM: TheShadowClaw vs Iron Crusher
ORAS: Cynara vs WhalemanCheng
ORAS: Sage vs Osra
BW: martha vs SolarflareRo
DPP: GL Volkner vs Hijasu
2v2 Doubles: Knuckstrike vs Kaif

Last edited:
Predictions everyone is gonna like because they wanna be nice to me <3

Juuling Jumpluffs vs Hellfire Heatrans: 3-5 Heatrans
SM: ggopw vs Joker 1v1 - a low key HL match.
SM: Synonimous vs UBERLandon21
BW: SoulWind vs ima - undefeated or something
2v2 Doubles: RuffletMuffler vs London13 - both can win without it being a shock

Metroboomin Megarays vs Frozen Articunos: 3-5 Flappy Birds
SM Bo7: Freddy Kyogre vs Jamez155
2v2 Doubles: Poison Adhesive vs JediR (Already won)

Pixilated Porygons vs Ecstatic Escargots: 3-5 Snails
SM: Krytocon vs BigPimpin12

RPS Rhyperiors vs Playful Pancham: 4-4 Tie

BIG BOI PREDICTS TIME
*=highlight

Juuling Jumpluffs (6) vs Hellfire Heatrans (2)

SM Bo7: ryyjyywyy vs XSTATIC COLD (45-55) very similar matchups. Both of these two have a 3-2 lead with equal wins and losses against the same opponents. XSC's ladder record makes me think he is better at SM, while ryy does ORAS better.
SM: ggopw vs Joker 1v1 (65-35) Joker's SM record isn't very profitable. A loss against TSC but a Bo7 win against Freddy. he's gonna do well, but I don't think he's gonna bring to the table as much as he did in oras, especially against ggopw, who's 4-1.
SM: Synonimous vs UBERLandon21 (45-55) tough match for sure. Synonimous only made one appearance, where he lost (against wail tho, and he's 5-0), while Landon hasn't lived up to his name and went 5 weeks while getting a single win against Squirtell. I think he might get on his tracks again, but it's gonna be hard
ORAS: dom vs alive (65-35) dom's formidable 4-1 (with his only loss being against osra) against alive's pretty good 2-2, against not the most dangerous opponents? dom is most likely gonna win
ORAS: Endal vs motogp (55-45) Endal's first appearance being a win against Ferno makes me fairly confident of the skill he has, but motogp is not an opponent to underestimate, being 3-2 overall and 1-0 in oras. Let's see how this goes
*BW: SoulWind vs ima (55-45) the big boy against the big boy. SoulWind with his 4-1 is finally going to go all out, putting a stop to ima's overdominance in this pl, ending his 5-0 once and for all. Or maybe, ima is gonna work even harder and maintain his lead, trying to go 7-0 in pl? We can only see. hl match for sure
*DPP: CrashinBoomBang vs TogliBabineBoeuf (55-45) both very hyped old gen players, both scored 3 wins so far and both lost to Tony. I'm gonna root for CBB for the simple fact that he seems nicer
2v2 Doubles: RuffletMuffler vs London13 (80-20) Rufflet true goat he used my team once and I'm gonna give him my ultimate creation if he so desires.

Metroboomin Megarays (5) vs Frozen Articunos (3)

SM Bo7: Freddy Kyogre vs Jamez155 (30-70) Freddy's 1-4 (with his only win being against Blazikin, who's not in great form and 0-4) is not holding up very well to the Megarays' name. James, on the other hand, has performed splendidly so far with a 4-1 score (and only L being against TSC), def no chance for freddy to win this
SM: Close vs Squirtell 1v1 (70-30) Squirtell's ladder performances haven't passed through in his tour play, his 2-3 will not hold up against Close's 4-1 against formidable opponents.
*SM: Jytcampbell vs Boat (phiwings99) (40-60) Boat finally showed his true worth last week, ending ggopw's streak. Jyt holds a very good 3-2, but Boat is underrated, and will show you just how much in this match
ORAS: Wrath of Alakazam vs Elo Bandit (45-55) Wrath got his first win in pl against a pretty good opponent (Tom) just last week, while Elo Bandit has showed an amazing performance the first 3 weeks, but that didn't hold up so well afterwards (like I said, once he got youtube views, he had no need to play seriously anymore), Bandit has the highest chances to win, but I'm gonna hope Wrath pulls out a miracle out of the hat
ORAS: OM room vs skysolo14 (55-45) OM room got some intense matches against good opponents, but still managed to hold a respectable 2-2. Skysolo holds a 2-1, but not very convinced of the difficulty of his opponents.
BW: sed vs Chaitanya (55-45) poor sed, not a single win this entire pl. I hope he manages to win this week, since his opponent hasn't performed very well either
DPP: neomon vs ThatCabbageGuy (70-30) getting a good pl record while playing dpp is very hard with beasts like tony, cbb and togli going around, but neomeon still manages to hold a not bad 2-3 record. Cabbage on the other hand, hasn't been as lucky, with 0 wins so far
2v2 Doubles: Poison Adhesive vs JediR (0-100) already happened (boys chill)

Pixilated Porygons (2) vs Ecstatic Escargots (5)

SM Bo7: MaceMaster vs SilvioGiovanna Mace holds a very interesting 4-1, so it's time for my teambuilding skills to shine. hope I get this bread.
SM: Eriey vs Whaleeeee (45-55) Whale never played SM this pl but Eriey is 2-3 (he did win against landon but he isn't in the best shape) so I guess Whale could win
SM: Krytocon vs BigPimpin12 (40-60) Kryto is a first appearance, while Bimp already showed some shine by beating jyt and VG.
ORAS: Shyom vs ayedan (45-55) shyom is 1-2 while ayedan, hasn't played oras yet, but whale is gonna throw him teams so I guess he can win
ORAS: Catalystic vs roman (65-35) roman suffered a lot this pl, haven't gotten any wins yet. hope he can get his first one this week
BW: Wanonymous1616 vs pazza (10-90) pazza is just on another level, no chance
DPP: Xayah vs TonyFlygon (20-80) Tony is 4-1 and has the best record of our whole team while Xayah is 0-1, so rip him
*2v2 Doubles: Pigeons vs Lancer Fr (40-60) my man Pigeons struck everyone by surprise and keeps doing so this pl, but Lancer is a hidden 2v2 talent. With the right team support there's no stopping him

RPS Rhyperiors (5) vs Playful Panchams (3)

SM Bo7: WailJesus vs Chickenpie2 (70-30) Chickenpie2 is 2-2 (haha checks out) but it's gonna take way more than that to beat GOAT WailJesus with his 5-0
SM: akaFila vs AllFourtyOne (35-65) my man VG had 2 appearances and lost both, hope he can win this but akafila is good
SM: TheShadowClaw vs Iron Crusher (65-35) TSC has been ruthless this pl, annihilating the strongest opponents. IC hasn't been doing so good tho, only getting wins against suapah in 2v2 and against Freddy, who didn't have a good run so far.
ORAS: Cynara vs WhalemanCheng (30-70) Cynara is not doing so bad, but WMC is holding a good 3-1 and hasn't been disappointing, so I don't think he's going to lose
ORAS: Sage vs Osra (40-60) Sage holds a nice 2-2, but osra shows off a 4-1 only losing to Bandit during his golden period. Not a very tough call if I must say so myself
BW: martha vs SolarflareRo (35-65) martha is good, but Solar also has a 4-1 lead with a 3-1 BW score, and has shown his worth against better opponents.
DPP: GL Volkner vs Hijasu (55-45) Volk is 1-1, losing against Tony but winning against Magma, a strong opponent. Hijasu has displayed some skill, but his 2-3 might not hold up this week
2v2 Doubles: Knuckstrike vs Kaif (65-35) Kaif shows potential, but the only wins he got this far were against roman (still hasn't won yet) and PA (who, I get notice from reliable source, got his teams and got 2v2 help by Kaif himself, giving Kaif the advantage). Knuckstrike, though, is 3-2, beating someone as good as Pigeons and losing to Kowasabii only due to a series of luck-based choices

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Juuling Jumpluffs vs Hellfire Heatrans:
SM: ggopw vs Joker 1v1
SM: Synonimous vs UBERLandon21 - synon lost 3-0 to me
BW: SoulWind vs ima

Metroboomin Megarays vs Frozen Articunos
SM Bo7: Freddy Kyogre vs Jamez155 - James is inherently going to lose to freddy
2v2 Doubles: Poison Adhesive vs JediR (Already won)

Pixilated Porygons vs Ecstatic Escargots
SM Bo7: MaceMaster vs SilvioGiovanna - lol
BW: Wanonymous1616 vs pazza - ez

RPS Rhyperiors vs Playful Pancham

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Juuling Jumpluffs (1) vs Hellfire Heatrans (3)
SM Bo7: ryyjyywyy vs XSTATIC COLD, ryy says he beats xsc a lot, so by ryy's backward logic, that means he loses to xsc
SM: ggopw vs Joker 1v1, this is the PERFECT un-player to dab on ggopw
SM: Synonimous vs UBERLandon21, yet another lamb to the slaughter
ORAS: dom vs alive, an oras goat vs an oras goat slayer, should be interesting
BW: SoulWind vs ima, I would dare say this is a highlight match
DPP: CrashinBoomBang vs TogliBabineBoeuf, someone who plays like dom vs someone prepped by dom, very interesting

Metroboomin Megarays (1) vs Frozen Articunos (0)
SM Bo7: Freddy Kyogre vs Jamez155, two guys who both like using the same bunch of mons
2v2 Doubles: Poison Adhesive vs JediR, idk, I feel this one could go either way, JediR may have to drop his weather spam strats to win this one

Pixilated Porygons (2) vs Ecstatic Escargots (2)
SM: Eriey vs Whaleeeee, I'd question why whaleeeee isn't in oras, but ig they have room to screw around now

RPS Rhyperiors (-0) vs Playful PanchamS (696969)

2v2 Doubles: Knuckstrike vs Kaif, Go Kaif!

SM: Eriey vs Whaleeeee (45-55) Whale never played SM this pl but Eriey is 2-3 (he did win against landon but he isn't in the best shape) so I guess Whale could win
I thought we went over this last week; I won against jyt, they just bolded the wrong name, so I'm 3-2 now.

Last edited:

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
SilvioGiovanna I actually subbed out the week I was going to play Tony (and the week after), but thank you for your kind words! You seem like a really nice user yourself. Enjoy your day, and I will try to bring home the gold for you!

Osra contrary to popular belief, I prep dom more than he preps me as DPP 1v1 is my domain and I am also looking into taking over ORAS and SM 1v1 by the end of May. 2019 wait for me!! (He did give me last weeks nasty Drifblim set, however)

Edit: how the FUCK is dom more an actual user and why'd I tag him by accident!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)