Tournament 1v1PL II - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My manager isn't salty, it's just you brought two banned Pokemons in your series namely Magazone and Garchomp. Most of the time as I seen in other team tours if the person brings a banned Pokemon to a game, it's an auto loss to the person that brought the banned Pokemon no matter what the outcome is and if it enters the field because bringing the banned mons means you could have used them, which isn't following the banlist. I understand this is 1v1 where only one Pokemon comes out, but breaking the rules by bringing two banned mons for uu in 2/4 games needs to have conquenses, but this is just my stance on the matter. We will recover from that match either way.

was it banned before the week started or was this inbetween, either way shit happens just wait for the people running this crap to settle it
edit: also why are we complaining about mons he never chose, if he had different mons doubt the outcome would change

Reactions: pqs
was it banned before the week started or was this inbetween, either way shit happens just wait for the people running this crap to settle it
edit: also why are we complaining about mons he never chose, if he had different mons doubt the outcome would change
What pokemon you bring to a game directly impacts what pokemon the opponent chooses; if garchomp beats two of my mons, I'm going to have to consider picking that third mon in a way that you just bringing two pokemon doesn't, and in any case it's the player's responsibility to not cheat lol. Ghosting isn't OK if you end up making your decision on your own anyway, its the same kind of thing here.

pazza

Banned deucer.
What pokemon you bring to a game directly impacts what pokemon the opponent chooses; if garchomp beats two of my mons, I'm going to have to consider picking that third mon in a way that you just bringing two pokemon doesn't, and in any case it's the player's responsibility to not cheat lol. Ghosting isn't OK if you end up making your decision on your own anyway, its the same kind of thing here.
The fact garchomp and magnezone didn't beat any mons on his team, he would know I wouldn't pick it because, It didn't matter what mon Jeran picked he would still win if I picked garchomp or magnezone

:salt: :salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:

The fact garchomp and magnezone didn't beat any mons on his team, he would know I wouldn't pick it because, It didn't matter what mon Jeran picked he would still win if I picked garchomp or magnezone

This happened to QT

This same thing happened to Quantum Tesseract & myself last season. You brought a banned pokemon there for the battles with ban pokemon will not count and whatever legal teams used by both partys in the replays will count.

I agree that this is bullshit and that the games should either be redone or pazza should get an L. I understand that UU is constantly shifting but that’s not an excuse to bring banned mons. If I somehow brought an arceus to a sm game I would be dqed I don’t get how this is any different

Reactions: Rei
i'm still confused how this works, out of these pazza won 3 and you won 2 even without counting the games where illegal mons were used pazza still has 2 over 1. How is this a win? And if it is then i don't like how this was handled, I know its not my place to say so but it doesn't seem fair

i'm still confused how this works, out of these pazza won 3 and you won 2 even without counting the games where illegal mons were used pazza still has 2 over 1. How is this a win? And if it is then i don't like how this was handled, I know its not my place to say so but it doesn't seem fair
The series was reset to 2-0 before the last game, which he then won, because of cheating. He posted all replays, presumably for record keeping or smth of the sort.

Last edited:
I want to comment on the inherently flawed nature of the way the Akashi-pazza match was played out. Just as a preface, Im not doing this solely because pazza is on my team. I would strongly disagree with any instance of this occurring regardless of whether the member who is being affected is on my team or not. Of course Pazza being on my team will most likely make my post a biased towards his side.
First and foremost, the decision to give Akashi the lead 2-0 was stupid. 1-0 might've been fair, but still pushing it. Pazza literally wasn't allowed to use chomp g2 so there was absolutely no reason as to why a 2-0 lead should've been given. "The best ways to handle cheating are invalidating the cheated matches immediately and redoing only those" (quoting the goat uop there) That is the exact right way to do things. That way the advantage isn't given to the cheater but also isn't punishing the cheater for later games that they won fairly. Pazza won the set yet he did so using mons he shouldn't have. However,I don't believe completely omitting the other set and just giving Akashi a 2-0 lead was a well thought out or fair decision. Someone shouldn't be given an almost unloseable situation and a get out of jail free card simply because one game was lost due to the use of an illegal mon. Giving Akashi a 2-0 lead was basically giving him the set even though it wasn't deserved. (no offense to Akashi as I believe he's a good player but he did not deserve that victory.)

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think you are missing the point, In another team tour I'm in my teammate brought an illegal mon to the battle, dispite it never coming out and winning the battle, my teammate got the auto L just because it was there. The same applies here, because you are supposed to follow the ban list regardless this is 1v1. If you put a ban mon in your team, you shouldn't get off hands free because it's your teammates fault for not looking over the banlist himself and/or asking a teammate or a host to clarify the team was legal. That's why Akashi started off 2-0 because of pazza bringing two ban mons because those two games were auto Ls. It isn't unfair, it's justice for Akashi following the ban list and Pazza got punished for bringing ban mons. It was fair how this was handled in my opinion and it shows that if you break the ban list, you are going to be punished for it.

I want to comment on the inherently flawed nature of the way the Akashi-pazza match was played out. Just as a preface, Im not doing this solely because pazza is on my team. I would strongly disagree with any instance of this occurring regardless of whether the member who is being affected is on my team or not. Of course Pazza being on my team will most likely make my post a biased towards his side.
First and foremost, the decision to give Akashi the lead 2-0 was stupid. 1-0 might've been fair, but still pushing it. Pazza literally wasn't allowed to use chomp g2 so there was absolutely no reason as to why a 2-0 lead should've been given. "The best ways to handle cheating are invalidating the cheated matches immediately and redoing only those" (quoting the goat uop there) That is the exact right way to do things. That way the advantage isn't given to the cheater but also isn't punishing the cheater for later games that they won fairly. Pazza won the set yet he did so using mons he shouldn't have. However,I don't believe completely omitting the other set and just giving Akashi a 2-0 lead was a well thought out or fair decision. Someone shouldn't be given an almost unloseable situation and a get out of jail free card simply because one game was lost due to the use of an illegal mon. Giving Akashi a 2-0 lead was basically giving him the set even though it wasn't deserved. (no offense to Akashi as I believe he's a good player but he did not deserve that victory.)
i dont know as much as most about how 1v1 works however bringing an illegal mon despite its effectiveness in the games played shouldnt negate that the fact that he bought illegal mons. the mindgames in 1v1 are already insane. If this was gone unpunished, can u even comprehend how the rest of the tour would play out, this is so exploitable in everyway possible and literally everyone would jump on the "bring ban mons in every game" wagon its not about if u cant use it or not anymore. It defeats the purpose of a ban list and why its enforced.

I understand your frustration with what appears to be a nullification of the two victories that pazza got after he used the illegal Pokemon. But as I've repeatedly stated, my goal was to restore things to how they should have been conducted if the rules were applied appropriately (in the future, we'll try to get this right on the spot, obviously).

You should know this from experience: players don't act the same way, or choose the same teams, when they're down 2-0 as opposed to tied 1-1 in a best of 5. Do you understand that we can't simply pretend those post-rulebreaking matches occurred in a vacuum?

You should know this from experience: players don't act the same way, or choose the same teams, when they're down 2-0 as opposed to tied 1-1 in a best of 5. Do you understand that we can't simply pretend those post-rulebreaking matches occurred in a vacuum?
You are using this as an argument to give Akashi a 2-0 lead which makes no sense. If Akashi would be playing differently because he was down 2-0 would pazza not be doing the same exact thing? I understand your reasoning as from experience I can say that this is true but giving this advantage to Akashi is just not fair, in fact it gives even more of a reason to just redo the series

You are using this as an argument to give Akashi a 2-0 lead which makes no sense. If Akashi would be playing differently because he was down 2-0 would pazza not be doing the same exact thing?
Yes? This is precisely why those games shouldn't count.

What you've brought forth isn't a counterargument, and by the way, I was not trying to "give Akashi a 2-0 lead." The ruling was supposed to annul the games that took place after Akashi should have had a 2-0 lead to begin with.

I understand your reasoning as from experience I can say that this is true but giving this advantage to Akashi is just not fair, in fact it gives even more of a reason to just redo the series
Redoing the series rewards pazza for using illegal Pokemon and would be completely uncalled for. Remember that he lost the first game in spite of having a Garchomp. And if you would be okay with him starting behind 1-0, you should be okay with him starting down 2-0, too.

I feel as though people are deliberately misconstruing my posts in order to form their own illusory motives for why deg and I called for this specific sort of recreation. The reasoning is quite clearly outlined in the administrative decisions thread and it's frankly baffling that I'm still being called upon to justify it in spite of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)