2-for-1 sale - this warstory MUST go!

Hello everyone, and welcome to my warstory! You're getting a warstory and a fanfic for the same price as one (that is, free)! (Lower prices are often correlated with lower quality. Satisfaction not guaranteed and not really expected.)

My team:

Competitive comments will be in italics.
Story comments will be in grey.
The rest of the text comes straight from PO.

Battle between Quest and Ungulateman started!

Ungulateman sent out Newton! (Swampert)
Quest sent out Miltank!

Hmm. Miltank isn't a common lead, but it is quite bulky physically and my Swampert only runs physical moves. I'll just SR as he SRs.

Start of turn 1
The foe's Miltank used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Ungulateman's team!

Swampert used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Quest's team!

Swampert stared down the rotund mammal before it, noting its every move with its cold amphibian eyes. It notes that this strange creature is pulling jagged pebbles from the earth with its bare hands, and barks with alien laughter at the crude efforts of the spherical cow. Shifting onto all fours, Swampert wills the stone under the earth to break through the loam below it, and razor-sharp spines of granite burst from the ground.

As expected, he uses Stealth Rock and both leads have achieved their primary goals. I'm going to go to Gengar to set up a Substitute. Miltank in OU tend to use Thick Fat from the few times I've seen them used.

Start of turn 2
Ungulateman called Swampert back!
Ungulateman sent out Paul! (Gengar)
Pointed stones dug into Gengar!

The foe's Miltank used Body Slam!
It had no effect!

Gengar peeked out from Swampert's shadow, whispering with its dead tongue that it wished to torment this strange creature. Swampert grunted, stomping backwards and allowing Gengar to fight. The ungulate's blubber passed straight through Gengar's ectoplasmic body, and it giggled mockingly at the now bewildered beast.

I predict correctly - Quest most likely feels silly for not using Scrappy now. I'll be able to set up a Sub to predict my opponent's next move, and either hammer them with Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt, or cripple a special wall with Toxic.

Start of turn 3
Quest called Miltank back!
Quest sent out Togekiss!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Togekiss!

Gengar used Substitute!
Gengar made a substitute!

Gengar's soul had been irrevocably shattered in four eons ago, denying it its eternal rest but granting it the power to imbue mysterious dolls of cloth with parts of its essence, a tthe cost of its own health. It summoned one of these dolls now, tossing it towards the odd bird which had appeared to replace the cow.

My Substitute goes up and my opponent has brought a Togekiss in. I know I can't OHKO with Thunderbolt because I use an Expert Belt rather than a Life Orb, so I'll cripple it with Toxic.

Start of turn 4
Gengar used Toxic!
The attack of Gengar missed!

The foe's Togekiss used Air Slash!
A critical hit!
Gengar's substitute faded!

Gengar's burst of spectral toxins had missed the mysterious bird, spattering onto a nearby tree trunk and dissolving the bark in seconds. The creature had retaliated with a burst of focused pressure which had sliced Gengar's doll to pieces most spectacularly.

Unfortunately I end up having some terrible luck and my Toxic misses. The critical hit is inconsequential thanks to my Sub, though. I'll try and Toxic again.

Start of turn 5
Gengar used Toxic!
The foe's Togekiss was badly poisoned!

The attack of the foe's Togekiss missed!

The foe's Togekiss is hurt by poison!

Gengar's poison struck its mark with a second burst, and the bird turned a sickly purple as the animatoxins leaked into its body. The second burst of air missed Gengar entirely, sending a cascade of leaves through the air.

My opponent ends up being screwed by bad luck this time, happily for me. Now to put Togekiss within easy KO range using Thunderbolt.

Start of turn 6
Gengar used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
The foe's Togekiss lost 64% of its health!
The foe's Togekiss ate its Sitrus Berry!
The foe's Togekiss restored a some HP!

Gengar lost 165 HP! (62% of its health)
Gengar fainted!

The foe's Togekiss is hurt by poison!
Ungulateman sent out Felix! (Raikou)
Pointed stones dug into Raikou!

Raikou is exerting its Pressure!

Gengar raised its hands to the heavens, the fragments of its corrupted soul drawing down some sort of devilish wrath to the battlefield. Gengar redirectd the lightning towards the bird, charring its many feathers and burning its exposed skin. It began to chew on a mysterious berry, which seemed to fill it with a strange vitality, and retaliated with another burst of air, blowing Gengar's very essence to the winds, not to coalesce again for a year and a day.

Togekiss is oddly using a Sitrus Berry for its item. Gengar goes down, but Raikou can easily come in and KO with its Thunderbolt.

Start of turn 7
Raikou used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
The foe's Togekiss lost 17% of its health!
The foe's Togekiss fainted!

Raikou restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Quest sent out Miltank!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Miltank!

Raikou roared at the bird, its magnificent sound calling forth a jolt of electricity from the storm cloud upon its back. The avian fell to the ground in cardial shock, fading away as though it had never existed in a burst of red light. The cow appeared again, an angry look etched on its face as it prepared to bring its considerable weight down on top of Raikou.

Miltank comes back in, most likely to paralyse me with Body Slam or outright KO me. I plan on getting a boost with Calm Mind and hopefully sweeping his team.

Start of turn 8
Raikou used Calm Mind!
Raiou's Sp. Att. rose!
Raikou's Sp. Def. rose!

Raikou lost 120 HP! (37% of its health)
Raikou is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Miltank restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Felix restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Raikou purged its mind of anger and fear, heightening its mysterous powers. This didn't stop the ungulate almost flattening it with a slam, sending several of Raikou's organs into shock and stunning the cat into pausing.

Unfortunately I get paralysed by Body Slam, as Quest intended. I'll try and deal Miltank a powerful blow with Thunderbolt, though, as it isn't very tough specially.

Start of turn 9
The foe's Miltank used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Felix lost 164 HP! (50% of its health)

Raikou is paralyzed! It can't move!

Raikou restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

The round cow shook the very earth beneath it, bowling Raikou off its feet. Raikou was still too deeply in shock to react, denying it the chance to electrify the beast.

Miltank somehow fails to KO me with Earthquake, but I get fully paralysed and Raikou will be KOed next turn regardless.

Start of turn 10
Raikou lost 58 HP! (18% of its health)
Raikou fainted!

Ungulateman sent out Jim! (Infernape)
Pointed stones dug into Infernape!

The ballooning bull crushed Raikou one final time, and the giant cat vanished in an explosion of ruby light.

Raikou is crushed under an inferior ungulate, and I bring in Infernape to threaten Miltank with Close Combat. I'm going to use Swords Dance, expecting a switch to something that resists Close Combat.

Start of turn 11
Infernape used Swords Dance!
Infernape's Attack sharply rose!

The foe's Miltank used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Infernape lost 186 HP! (63% of its health)

Infernape began to gyrate mystically, focusing its whole body into a weapon with which to strike at its opponent. The cow shook the Earth again, but Infernape's superb balance kept it on its feet.

Miltank fails to KO me yet again, and Infernape can obliterate it with Close Combat.

Start of turn 12
Infernape used Close Combat!
It's super effective!
The foe's Miltank lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Miltank fainted!
Infernape's Defense fell!
Infernape's Sp. Def. fell!

Quest sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Scizor!

Infernape strikes, hands, feet, head, shoulders and knees plowingitno the ungulate's pink and white skin. Disappearing in another crimson shine, the cow had been defeated, and now a strange iron insect stood before Infernape.

Miltank falls, but Infernape ends up facing a Scizor. I expected that Infernape could take the Bullet Punch thanks to the resistance and KO back with Fire Punch, but...

Start of turn 13
The foe's Scizor used Bullet Punch!
It's not very effective...
Infernape lost 71 HP! (24% of its health)
Infernape fainted!

The foe's Scizor restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Ungulateman sent out Newton! (Swampert)
Pointed stones dug into Swampert!

Infernape didn't get a chance to react before the bug sent it flying with an incredibly fast punch.Swampert stomped back onto the battlefield to avenge its friend, eyes narrowed and mouth open in an otherworldly snarl.

...I underestimate the mechanical mantis, and Infernape gets shot out of the match. Swampert can easily deal with CB Scizor, and can still beat SD Scizor. Because of inattentiveness and Scizor's part-Bug typing, I chose to use Waterfall rather than EQ for the next few turns, taking much more damage than I need to. Put this down as one of my misplays for this match.

Start of turn 14
The foe's Scizor used Swords Dance!
The foe's Scizor's Attack sharply rose!

Swampert used Waterfall!
The foe's Scizor lost 39% of its health!

Swampert restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Scizor used Bug Bite!
Swampert lost 285 HP! (70% of its health)

Swampert used Waterfall!
The foe's Scizor lost 52% of its health!

Newton restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 16
The foe's Scizor used Bullet Punch!
It's not very effective...
Swampert lost 97 HP! (24% of its health)

Swampert used Waterfall!
The foe's Scizor lost 13% of its health!
The foe's Scizor fainted!

Swampert restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Quest sent out Feraligatr!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Feraligatr!

Swampert sunk onto all fours, exhausted from the iron beetle's punches and bites. An aquamarine crocodilian now stood before it, as though the biological arms race between amphibian and crocodile was being reduced to a duel.

Scizor is still taken down, but Swampert has been weakened far too much to wall anything else this match.I'll sacrifice it and try to sweep with Celebi.

Start of turn 17
The foe's Feraligatr used Waterfall!
Swampert lost 72 HP! (17% of its health)
Swampert fainted!

Ungulateman sent out Timmy! (Celebi)
Pointed stones dug into Celebi!

Swampert disappeared in yet another firey light, and the strangest creature of all emerged to face down the alligator. A tiny onion-shaped fairy was giggling at the enormous reptile, mocking its clumsy movements and slow-paced mind.

Start of turn 18
Quest called Feraligatr back!
Quest sent out Houndoom!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Houndoom!

Celebi used Nasty Plot!
Celebi's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

Celebi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Celebi began to muster dark thoughts, drawing upon them to sharpen its mind and focus its wrath upon the enemy before it - now a horned dog reminiscent of a hellhound.

Celebi gets a Nasty Plot going, and can easily outspeed and KO Houndoom with Earth Power.

Start of turn 19
Celebi used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Houndoom lost 75% of its health!
The foe's Houndoom fainted!

Celebi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Quest sent out Porygon-Z!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Porygon-Z!

Pulling upon the soil below, Celebi sent the canid sprawling with the audible sound of bones cracking.

Porygon-Z is easily defeated using Psychic.

Start of turn 20
Celebi used Psychic!
The foe's Porygon-Z lost 87% of its health!
The foe's Porygon-Z fainted!

Quest sent out Feraligatr!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Feraligatr!

Facing a digital creation, Celebi drew upon the always reliable mind manipulation it had mastered when the world was young. The ducklike being promptly collapsed like a puppet with its strings cut, its programs manipulated into it being rendered useless.

And to wrap it up, Celebi can finish off Feraligatr with Grass Knot. Good game, Quest.

Start of turn 21
Celebi used Grass Knot!
It's super effective!
The foe's Feraligatr lost 75% of its health!
The foe's Feraligatr fainted!

The crocodile reappeared, gorwling at the fairy threateningly. Celebi dismissively waved at the grass, which coiled around its feet and tripped the reptile over, knocking it out cold.

Ungulateman won the battle!

Quest's team:

Thanks for reading!

I'm going to have to admit that I didn't feel the match was very good. There wasn't really much high-leveled playing, and it seemed that both battlers were relatively unexperienced. However, the writing was awesome ^^

Yeah, I'll admit I'm not a great player, and my opponent could have done better. Where I battle, overprediciton tends to be a problem, so I tend not to play with fancy mindgames.

Thanks for the compliment regarding my writing, I don't think I'm that good myself.

I loved the flavor text included with the log and comments. I do wish it weren't in that silver color, though. Made it kind of hard to read.

I wrote the flavour comments in gray so people who didn't care about them could skip them.

People use Thick Fat in Miltank for the same reason they use it on Snorlax. I'll admit Toxic Gengar is gimmicky, but it's useful for forcing out Blissey, and can cripple a lot of bulky Pokemon. And I agree that Sitrus Berry was a stupid choice for Togekiss, but Quest might use Item Clause normally.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I actually thought that Unqulateman played well. At all times when he lost a Pokemon, it was reasonable to leave it in, and the rest of the time he had favourable match-ups, so I would say that it would be fine just to set up an keep hacking away at the opponent. I think it was just his opponent, who for some reason refused to switch at any point. And good work with the comments, they explained well what you were doing. Maybe just pick a closer battle with a better opponent next time, because I hope there will be a next time. 4/5

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
4/10 for warstory
8/10 for fanfic.

Meh battle, meh comments, your opponent was more lucky than skilled, and you wiped him with the Celebi. Fanfic was cool, tho.

Yeah the battle wasn't that good. Why did you leave Gengar in against Togekiss when you could have switched Raikou into a predicted Air Slash? Why did he use Bullet Punch against Swampert when he could have KOed you with But Bite? Also, Bullet Punch, the reason Scizor is OU in the first place, does 24% minimum to Infernape without any boosting moves or items at all and no defense drops, and you were at -1.

Awesome fanfic lol =P even if grey hurts my eyes...

However the battle wasn't that great especially because your opponent wasn't a skilled player but the comments were okay. I'm expecting some other story from you!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wasn't particularly a fan of the battle or the writing.

The problem with your writing is that it isn't economical enough - basically you say too much for too little "return" as it were. I just wasn't really feeling it.

Yeah, I'll admit I'm not a great player, and my opponent could have done better. Where I battle, overprediciton tends to be a problem, so I tend not to play with fancy mindgames.

Thanks for the compliment regarding my writing, I don't think I'm that good myself.
Actually your writing was very good. You should look into writing a book one day.

Only thing though that I caught was Gengar using Toxic. That move was unnecessary when two Tbolts could have killed it, or switching to Raikou who is unthreatened by the Togekiss.

Kept me entertained though.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Didn't even like the Fanfic :\, really overkill on the description. Also, in the gengar togekiss matchup you could have kept spamming substitute until togekiss was in KO range for thunderbolt by toxic damage.

Good effort put into it though, that I can tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)