a pinned butterfly is no butterfly at all
Art by GenOne
- This is a standard XY Doubles OU Tournament - rules and discussion for the metagame can be found here.
- The tournament is single-elimination, with 2 week rounds. with each half of the bracket staggered by one week to ensure that games are likely to happen every weekend. This will be achieved by giving half of the bracket a three-week round 1. This may seem excessive for a single-elimination tournament, but we'd like to encourage building and active metagame development; also, it's better to ensure that players are able to adequately prepare for and schedule matches for such a large prize pool.
- Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- The tour will not be seeded.
- To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss.
- Incidents of ghosting / multiple signups carry their standard penalties. Players currently tour-banned cannot enter.
- Activity calls will be made by me, with assistance if needed from DOU tierleaders and a TD. Flips will be done on PS!
- In the event that something is added to or removed from the XY Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round.
- Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. Thus:
- A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling.
- Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
- Moody Clause: Players cannot use a Pokémon with the Moody ability.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
- Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
- Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
Players cannot use the following moves:
- Gravity and sleep moves with below one hundred accuracy
Players cannot use the following items:
qsns vs Croven
stax vs Gotheru
marilli vs raf
obii vs Laz
for transparency, here is the challonge: https://challonge.com/two_fifths_compromise
the deadline is Monday, April 22nd, at 11:59 Eastern Time (GMT -4)