2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaka is past it, injury prone and is not as good as Modric, probably not good enough to make Spurs starting XI either deal makes no sense.

My Liverpool supporting friend: I know people say Craig Bellamy is a scumbag but apparently he has his own charity and puts alot of his own money and time in building houses for poor people...

Google Result No. 1: The craig bellamy foundation. Helping people in Sierra Leone - Lovely!

Google Result No. 2: Craig Bellamy assaults charity worker in Sierra Leone.

facepalm

edit: Watching videos like this make me feel old http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVuyoocwEzE&feature=fvsr overpowered and broken Uber bastard, Henry was still my favourite footballer though. Ronaldo was kinda just accepted as the unstoppable machine and every kid on the playground wanted to be him...

sad my Carlisle game was called off. Driving from Carlisle to Milton keynes for it to only be called off 1 hour before kick-off isn't fun at all.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Lol poor Torres.His awesome strike just had to hit the bar,then hit Lampard's knee and roll into the goal.I feel sorry for the guy.Definitely Man of the match for me.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Premier League Results- 14/1/12

Aston Villa 1-1 Everton
Blackburn 3-1 Fulham
Chelsea 1-0 Sunderland
Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
Man Utd 3-0 Bolton
Tottenham 1-1 Wolves
West Brom 1-2 Norwich

@Silverlands: That's a downer alright, hope you made the most of it anyway by visiting the many landmarks and historic sites in, erm... Milton Keynes... Or maybe just got a burger and chips and enjoyed the journey home!

Bad results for Tottenham and Liverpool today... Good results from an Arsenal perspective! C'mon Van Persie stick 3 in against Swansea. Also I cannot wait to see RVP and Henry play together. Vorm vs RVP + Henry, it's like immovable object vs ultimate force time!

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Happy that Tottenham drew while we managed to finally win at home since beating City.I was really hoping that Wolves would when I saw the half time scoreline but I guess it was too much to ask of them.Would've been thrilled with a United loss(a man can dream right? Plus i'm sure none of us have forgotten the Blackburn loss so wynaut) but,again,i guess it was too much to ask of Bolton with their French Torres.

Apart from the match results i'm really happy that we finally managed to sign Cahill after the prolonged negotiation.Cahill+Terry looks really solid and their international experience makes this pairing even better;i was tired of all the defensive blunders we were commiting due to lack of communication between the center halves.Can't wait to see him vs Norwich! Now all we need is a good CF and ACM.

sad my Carlisle game was called off. Driving from Carlisle to Milton keynes for it to only be called off 1 hour before kick-off isn't fun at all.
out of interest why was it called off? I saw that it had been when they were showing sky sports news after the brighton game today, but it said nothing about why :(

out of interest why was it called off? I saw that it had been when they were showing sky sports news after the brighton game today, but it said nothing about why :(
frozen pitch apparently
not sure why they only deduced this an hour before kick-off
I also find it suspicious how they have their midweek tie against QPR in the fa cup as well. Rather suspicious...

thankfully, I didn't go anyways, but I feel sorry for my Cumbrian brethren who did make the journey down to the 'historic Milton Keynes', as No Luck puts it :s

wowzers, RVP henry will be interesting...
looking forwards to that...

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Swansea reminding us that they're not just here to make up the numbers (win your game in hand and you're top ten akuchi) while Arsenal fall TEN POINTS behind Spurs.

Oh, and it's the middle of January and we're level with Arsenal and above Liverpool. This season is officially nuts.

Being an Arsenal fan is great and all with all these great exciting games and underdogs beating us all the time but there comes a time when all piss has been taken and something needs to be done... I don't even know what to say about Arshavin, Walcott and Djourou they were so bad.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
City looking a bit leaky at the back in these opening exchanges. especially Savic.
Savic has been really poor for City in every game I've seen him play. IMO he's City's worst buy. 0-0 so far, 20 mins gone.

EDIT: Lol, as I post City take the lead. Dzeko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)