2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Dortmund's starting 11 cost less than a lot of players. Kaka, Carroll, Torres, etc.

10 match ban for biting but 8 match ban for racism? I love FA logic.

Dortmund totally deserves the win. Unlike Barca, Real had some good chances to score but didn't consistly pressure Dortmund.

Bayern should be in the finals, don't think Barca scores five times (and Bayern doesn't once) while Real still has a chance. I mean, three goals aren't that much and Dortmund tends to struggle from time to time.

Still: Germany 8:1 Spain

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All ive been seeing has been praising lewandowski, but for the first 30 (all i managed to watch :/) reus looked like clearly the best player for dortmund, creating a chance that lewandowski probably should have found and finished shortly before the first goal. Given it looks like reus drew a penalty and assisted on another of lewandowski's goals, so i take it he also continued to have a great game?

I think 10 matches is absolutely fair. I don't think Suarez will learn anything though, if he gets angry enough he will definitely do it again.
Well if it's like that then racism should be more, at least 15 games. They just need to set a good example by treating racism as a more serious issue than biting.

I think Suarez got a longer ban because this isn't the first time. He got a 7 match ban before from the Dutch league for biting, I think the FA probably don't want to give a shorter ban. And since they already gave him an 8 match ban before, I think they probably just added 2 to that and said that looks alright.

You never know though the FA are a bunch of red-faced head-up-their-arse cronies.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
the fa have set a precedent now, i hope it is followed in the future and suarez isn't just a scapegoat

I think Suarez got a longer ban because this isn't the first time. He got a 7 match ban before from the Dutch league for biting, I think the FA probably don't want to give a shorter ban. And since they already gave him an 8 match ban before, I think they probably just added 2 to that and said that looks alright.

You never know though the FA are a bunch of red-faced head-up-their-arse cronies.
But when he bit that guy in holland there was actual damage (a little blood) and ivanovic was completely unharmed. Why can't we take this into account as well?

Imo, a ban until the end of the season would have been enough. I hope liverpool appeal.

nothing to do with the seriousness.
nore to do with the fact he got banned for it before and has been banned for his conduct by the FA previously.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
it already costed him top scorer, rvp passed him with a hat trick

lol at "ridiculous ban", i find it hilarious you think 10 games is a lot for BITING ANOTHER PLAYER. FOR THE SECOND TIME. pathetic sportsman suarez is, i was rooting for a year.

Really harsh ban on Suarez, that might cost him top scorer not to mention the implications for Liverpool. Shame he has that ugly side of his, but the ban is ridiculous for what he did.
yeah i think biting is a yellow card offense AT BEST

Giving it a yellow implies that it's tolerable instead of something that should never happen in a football game. Player A deliberately biting Player B, I mean.

it's always good when people assume how the target group for a racial epithet would feel about it in relation to other offensive actions

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
absolutely gutted today for brentford. we just needed to win to go up, got to the 90th minute at 0-0, and we get a penalty. trotta hits the bar, doncaster go up the other end to score and win the league 1 title. gotta take our chances in the playoffs now but the last 6(?) times we've been in the playoffs we've lost, so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)