2013 Smogon Fantasy Hockey

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I did not veto the trade, although I greatly considered it. If I didn't have sympathy for BC I would have, I mean were playing in a free fantasy hockey league obviously I want to win now, the future is of some importance sure but this isnt the nhl where we need to spend 2+ years cultivating a team. I would do that trade as gr33n every single time, and for that reason I considered vetoing it. Whether it goes through or not at this point, I don't really care. I can see both sides.

Also jeez this is such a change from baseball where everyone plays everyday, this is pretty fucking boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz past two days

pookar

Banned deucer.
lol yea jackal im sure it will "pck up" soon but gosh only 1-2 guys going every day for me except on sat/fri i think..

I did not veto the trade, and I personally feel that we are all responsible enough to make decisions, and if we make poor trade decision...tough luck. I won't veto any trade this year unless it is clear that someone is trying to overload a friend's team with great players at no return price. NHL GMs do not have all other GMs vote on the trades when they make it, they make it and deal with it; as should we.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Before people get triggerhappy on the veto button.

I realize Justin got the better end of the deal short term, but I wanted a solid starter goalie that was keeper worthy (category Fleury/Miller/Rinne/Ward/Bryz/Lundqvist) so I used Thornton as trade bait for it.

Due to team balance at his side we couldn't work out anything besides just adding Marchand.

I just wanted to post in this thread about how annoyed I am with Yahoo's position eligibility. David Backes has split time at C/RW EVERY SINGLE YEAR. He still doesn't have C eligibility. Then we have players like Malkin and Datsyuk that basically NEVER EVER EVER play on the wing, yet they have wing eligibility which makes their value in fantasy much higher than it should be. Now Patrick Sharp gets all 3 forward positions? I don't know how much this annoys anybody else, but I've had multiple other annoyances with Yahoo in regards to fantasy issues.

Maybe we can switch next year to a different site?

Edit: Another option would be to just ignore forward positions and have 6 slots that any forward can play.

I was always a little peeved that yahoo gave random players different positions (especially since my players never got any lovin'), but if someone can find a better site, that'd be awesome. The one thing I usually e-mail yahoo every year is that to give commish the ability to add positions, but of course I get ignored as yahoo seems to hate hockey =[

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
I've had other leagues with fantrax and espn, but I always end up not checking them througout the season. I just like the yahoo interface the most.

The position eligibility is kind of shit, I wish we could change positions as commisioners.
I'm quite sure we would be able to determine properly who would get dual and who wouldn't.

In my Yahoo league it's just Forwards, Defense, and Goalies. The only relevant overlap is big buff.

I think you can even change it mid season?

Yahoo is the most fun so I'd stick with it but just alter your settings.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Not a big fan of removing the c/lw/rw position alltogether, the decisionmaking on who to play revolves around it way more than it would do with only f positions.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well yeah.

I've always had Burrows in my team and for years he's played right wing on the Sedin line. On Yahoo, he's only ever been considered a left wing.

Any player getting triple position eligibility is getting to be too much.

I'd probably be open to switching to just using F/D/G(presumably at the beginning of next year) if you guys want to, I dislike that it makes a lot more Centers fantasy-viable than Wingers but I think it's a more fair way to go about things things than us all hoping we win the Yahoo! random position eligibility lottery.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Frankly, I prefer looking past its flaws and keeping it the way it is.

F/D/G sounds incredibly boring.

pookar

Banned deucer.
yeah i remember last yr or maybe the eyar before when datsyuk got that other forward position.. balls to the wall insanity ensued

This isn't the first year that Yahoo is fucking with positions, so the outcry all of a sudden caught me off guard. I don't think we should overreact and change how it is now.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm fine with it as is.. just thought it was kind of silly that Sharp got all 3 forward positions.. seems excessive when he's not going to play all 3 of those slots this year.

Maybe Yahoo reads Smogon. They just went crazy with position adds:

Oct 21 Nikolai Kulemin (Tor - LW,RW) FA Added RW
Oct 21 David Backes (StL - C,RW) Bandwagon Blackhawks Added C
Oct 21 Patrik Elias (NJ - C,LW) Psycho's SUCKers Added C
Oct 21 Kris Versteeg (Fla - LW,RW) Eberle Hills 90210 Added RW
Oct 21 Brad Marchand (Bos - C,LW) Did Jussi That Added LW
Oct 21 Jussi Jokinen (Car - C,LW) FA Added C
Oct 21 Nathan Gerbe (Buf - C,LW) FA Added LW
Oct 21 Ville Leino (Buf - C,LW) FA Added C
Oct 21 Jamie Benn (Dal - C,LW) The Red Wingulls Added C

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)