2015 Musics - Join us at #Tunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
new joanna newsom is gonna blow everything out of the water, prepare yourselves
yeah ill sorta echo that. her discography is nuts. her output is nuts.

i don't really care about cvrches, but maybe ill listen to it. i sorta like that synth sound, altho im not really too huge into this 80s revival thing that is going on.

new deafheaven is alright. the "upbeat" sections bug the hell out of me. they're tight when doing the post-rock thing. when they're blasting away it's pretty interesting and well-done. the more shimmering, ethereal wall-of-sound guitar lines are quite good, although at times they toe the line of dropping into woefully obnoxious overly melodic riffage territory - they have said melodic riffs fully fledged quite a bit and I don't like them at all, they are awfully out of place over the bm and aren't very good to begin with. it's not particularly memorable at first but it's pretty good to listen along to. it'll get some more listens for sure.

ayte, so after listening over the deacon the villain solo project (is and has been affiliated w/the southern rap outfit cunninlynguists, whose releases i have enjoyed in the past) sit for a bit, i'm a bit torn. the production is clean and soulful, and can definitely whip up a great atmosphere, and a lot of that carries over nicely from the original cunninlynguist sound. when deacon is on, he really is on, and a lot of his lyrics present some very moving rhetoric over the course of the lp, which is more-or-less what i expected. some tracks end up getting a bit too sucked up into their lil narrative segments, almost to the point of not being effectively classifiable as rap any more, but that is part of their fundamental style, so i can find myself forgiving in some small part. still, it hits a bunch of slow burners in the middle of the track listing where i'd have really appreciated some ripping, strong delivery to streamline the project a bit more smoothly, but deacon chooses instead to sort of coast over the production a bit, which, as nice as it is, does kinda leave something to be desired. i respect this album and what it seeks to do, and i think it would be cool to see deacon branching out like this more in the future, but i would also think it best that he takes some more risks in doing so, as well as perhaps giving more consideration to the overall composition of the album in doing so.

if i had to gauge it, i would be swinging between a 3 and a 3.5, tough to say

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
have enjoyed the new julia holter album, the new kelela ep, and 'sore' by dilly dally, which was a pretty solid debut. am debating listening to the new majical cloudz album (I enjoyed 'impersonator') and am hoping that the new single Chairlift dropped means that they'll have a new album sometime soon.

edit: apparently the new Chairlift album is slated for Jan '16 :)

edit #2: 'Half Free' by U.S. Girls is very high quality

Last edited:
new joanna newsom leaked. there's a high quality dl out there in cyberspace.

it's not doing much of anything for me. granted i've only listened to it once. there's something it's missing. the arrangements are dope, the performances are dope, but it's missing "it" for me. also, idk why there are drums and guitars they're pretty awk sounding

Don't even know much about OG Maco, but I hope he brings out something major soon. Been listening to this guy for a while now and I swear he's on permanent turn up. I like it.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
So this month I've listened to Avicii, Children of Bodom, Trivium, St Germain, OMl, Pentatonix, and Skindred's new albums, and only Stories has really stood out to me. Listening to Ortheore's suggestion as I post this (p cool so far), but does anybody have suggestions for anything that came out this month? I listen to p much anything besides modern country/pop country and super super super abstract stuff

i've only listened to the whole thing through twice but i enjoy what i've heard, seems less consistent than the rest of her discography though... kinda falls flat towards the end of the album for me, definitely needs more listens
yeah i find the second half to be a lot less engaging. definitely a drop for her after 2 boss records.

on a positive note listen to this shit. best album ive heard all year. will likely end up in my top 3

yeah i find the second half to be a lot less engaging. definitely a drop for her after 2 boss records.

on a positive note listen to this shit. best album ive heard all year. will likely end up in my top 3
been listening to divers more today, it'll probably end up as one of my favourites of the year despite it's shortcomings (sapokanikan is fantastic btw, one of the best newsom tracks across all her albums)

i'll check that keino record out, i've been meaning to check out his stuff for the longest time... the album son of nihilism or something piqued my interest a while back but i forgot about it

to keep this on topic i'll add that my album of the year so far has been the new prurient album

certainly a lot more tame than their other stuff but great nonetheless.. also been meaning to check out the new natural snow buildings which will likely be decent but they tend to be very inconsistent among their releases, especially considering their last album only came out last year

new bus driver mixtape is droppin this friday. seems interesting, the tracks that've been dropped thus far show a level of introspection that idt we've really gotten from him thus far. the production is a lot spacier here, n it looks like he's not producin any of it himself this time 'round, which i'm down for, but i'd like to see somethin headier in the track listing. not necessarily some boom bap type ish, but some high energy stuff a la ego death / can't you tell i'm a sociopath would be dope.

been listening to divers more today, it'll probably end up as one of my favourites of the year despite it's shortcomings (sapokanikan is fantastic btw, one of the best newsom tracks across all her albums)

i'll check that keino record out, i've been meaning to check out his stuff for the longest time... the album son of nihilism or something piqued my interest a while back but i forgot about it

to keep this on topic i'll add that my album of the year so far has been the new prurient album

certainly a lot more tame than their other stuff but great nonetheless.. also been meaning to check out the new natural snow buildings which will likely be decent but they tend to be very inconsistent among their releases, especially considering their last album only came out last year
This is insanely awesome. I hadn't heard Prurient before. I did know Death Grips already, kind of comparable. Thanks for the share.

new oneohtrix point never lp, garden of delete, is real dang strong. probably a pretty hit-or-miss kinda style, but it's pretty enchanting if you go in w/an open mind. up there w/ash koosha's full-length as one of the best electronic albums of the year, at least for me haha

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thoughts on the new Grimes? Fucking spectacular imo, one of the top pop albums of the decade so far. Belly of the Beat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
very much in love with 'Art Angels'. definitely a strong showing from Grimes. still haven't listened to divers lol but I'm a bum and will do it eventually (sometime before the year's out). but yeah new Grimes is the only recently released album I remember listening to (beyond 'slime season 2' by young thug which was alright) so i'll take this time to mention 'My Beyonce', a song I've been enjoying lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)