2017/18 (Soccer) Football Thread

Nice of Leverkusen to help us (Bayern being my other team) develop Brandt a little bit more before he eventually comes over. It's getting a little crowded over here so he may not get much playing time if he were to come this summer anyway.

Nice of Leverkusen to help us (Bayern being my other team) develop Brandt a little bit more before he eventually comes over. It's getting a little crowded over here so he may not get much playing time if he were to come this summer anyway.
Robbery are not exactly spring chickens. Which other Wingers do you have? Only Coman and the on-loan James Rodriquez. (I believe Goretzka was bought to play CM)

Robbery are not exactly spring chickens. Which other Wingers do you have? Only Coman and the on-loan James Rodriquez. (I believe Goretzka was bought to play CM)
Pretty sure we're going to exercise the option to buy Rodriguez next summer, and we'll probably add a few players this summer anyway in addition to Goretzka. Defense is a bigger concern right now IMO.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
everyone with a name in football coming out of the woodwork to praise wenger

the fickleness of football

Even without being an Arsenal fan, I respect what he has done in the league. Hope he gets a good send-off. Cheering for Arsenal in the Europa League now :-)

Missed 3 fouls in the buildup to the first Salah goal, then the blatant offside on the third goal. UEFA needs that British money in the Finals smdh.

Tell me again how we aren't weak, please.

Last edited:
Missed 3 fouls in the buildup to the first Salah goal, then the blatant offside on the third goal. UEFA needs that British money in the Finals smdh.

Tell me again how we aren't weak, please.
Well, it ended 5-2 at least. Roma has the same shot at beating Liverpool as they had against Barcelona.

Well, it ended 5-2 at least. Roma has the same shot at beating Liverpool as they had against Barcelona.
That makes those two goals sting even more. Huge difference between 2-3 and 2-5, though obviously without those two goals (hell, even just the first one) the entire game would've been different and we might not even have scored two at the end, so it's all irrelevant anyway.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
just read about the roma fans attacking people with belts and shit outside anfield and leaving an old bloke in intensive care. italian ultras always using weapons lol. can't see rome being a fun place to be next when the scousers are in town, could be a bloodbath.

Typical lucky Madrid, definite penalty, should have had several yellow cards, two injuries to Bayern and a bullshit wonder goal.

Can't wait for Ronaldo to get a goal and all the hype after doing nothing for 88 minutes.

I hope Liverpool rip them apart, they have the setup for it.

No one will win the Balon D'Or until Ronaldo and Messi retire, they have too much reputation. Suarez should have won a few years ago, yet didn't even get top 3 over golden boy Neymar. Ronaldo got 2nd a few years ago yet wasn't even a top 5 player.

Last edited:
Fucking typical Madrid with the luck and refs always on their side. Refs paid off again, Bayern denied a pen and a handball.

Madrid bullshit their way to another final despite being outplayed for all but 20 mins of the tie.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)