NU 2018 NeverUsed Circuit Playoffs - Finals [Won by Pohjis]

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
FINALS

OSH-POHJIS.png

9. Osh vs 2. Pohjis

After a year of battling, we finally are down to the top two of the NU Circuit. Osh qualifying through an impressive NU Open run, culiminating in a win for him, and taking down some of the biggest names in playoffs. On the other side is Pohjis, who is the prior winner of the NU Open, and a dominant force in the NU scene since then. This matchup has happened a couple of times already, both in prior NU Opens. In NU Open 6, Pohjis defeated Osh in round 1, and went on to eventually win the entire tournament, whereas in NU Open 7 Osh came back with a vengeance in the finals, narrowly defeating Pohjis in 3 games. In what is sure to be an exciting set, we will now see who is the overall champion of the 2018 Neverused Tournament scene! Good luck to both competitors, and let us know when you are fighting n_n​

Scottie

formerly Osh
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Lost to pohjis ggs bud well done on 2 ribbons, definitely played better out of the two of us today and you deserve it.
Made a few sloppy plays in the first game that I wish I did different and on top of that vileplume in both games was just effect sporing everything so that made things a bit more difficult especially in the first but that's revenge from open I guess :(

Prior to slam I had played absolutely no nu whatsoever so to come this far in just 6 months is pretty satisfying to say the least. I had a lot fun playing this tier these last few months and although I am upset to come so close to the ribbon, Im quite happy overall with how I played these last few months.
Open was the only tour I joined in the circuit and until today this was actually my first L in the whole thing so that's something to be pleased with I guess.
Thank you SANJAY for all the help since slam vro, I rly appreciate everything and I hope we have a good Spl together.
Ggs pohjis, enjoy your wins you have been without a doubt the best lower tiers player this year and I'm sure you're glad to have finished the year with something to display after your dominance these last 2 years

won vs osh, ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7nu-409077
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7nu-409081

shout-out Kushalos for always being there for me whenever i needed anything from you. i am extremely happy that during this year you have turned into a beast winning all these tours and killing in team tours. keep doing you my man. shout-out also to Finchinator for the experience in NUPL and being helpful in general. i hope to team up with you again some point. thank you to bouff and z+v for the ride in SPL and garay oak, exiline, lax, eternally, FLCL, Pearl etc. who helped me some point during the year with testing, teams etc.

after losing r1 in the second nu league and making it all the way to loser's finals (round 13) just to end up losing right before finals was it's own experience as well as coming so close but yet being so far from a historical back-to-back nu open win. i am happy to end the year with a positive result after some great fights in playoffs.

i won't catch you in SPL this time around but the underdog osh will be giving his best after a great year he had himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)