2019-20 Football/Soccer Thread

voyage

Banned deucer.
I don't know if this is the first time something like this has happened but the end of Sevilla - Eibar is very surreal. Goal by Ocampos, on the last ball to the Eibar post where Sevilla goalkeeper Vaclik was injured. Ocampos stands as goalkeeper and for a shot from the rival goalkeeper.

Happy 2020.

The defending for Juventus's 2nd goal was hilarious. Juventus defence was at sea the entire game without De Ligt ffs. Bonucci is just an Italian David Luiz at this point.

Bilan leapfrog Roma into 5th place. Hope Napoli do so too so Jimbo can't sell the club for as much as he wants.

Also fuck everyone on Redd*t who downvoted me for daring to question the Fonseca hire. Excuse the fuck out of me for not believing in someone who didn't last more than 2 years at any club in Portugal (a 2nd tier league at best) despite coaching the mighty Pinhalnovense and Paços de Ferreira, then fucked off to 3rd tier Ukraine to take over a Shakhtar club that had been finishing 2nd or 1st since 1996 anyway.

Tfw rumors have it that we’re looking to bring back Sabatini. All these years later and we go right back to him dfkm.

Oh well, since La Liga is almost about to conclude, lemme give some predictions.

Real Sociedad vs Grenada: Probably a draw, since they’re equally matched and their last games were both draws.

Real Madrid vs Alaves: The leaders take on the lower ranked team. Easy win for RMA.

Osasuna vs Celta de Vigo: I think I have to give this one to Celta. I mean they drew Athletico Madrid, so I feel they have a chance.

Real Vallodolid vs FC Barcelona: Ez win for Barcelona.

voyage

Banned deucer.
Honestly I don't expect much from Alavés. Not long ago he was saved and now he can even go down and has no favorable games. They have a new coach but little else.
Hm, I do not know what to say about Barça, they play against a great team that defends very well and this Barça does not have much overflow and they cannot count on Ansu Fati. The version in the game vs Villarreal was a mirage for me.

Well, in other news:

Atlético the great beneficiary of the Spanish teams. Curious that on one side of the table 0 Champions and on the other 26 Wtf.

Just saw the Serie A rankings. Lazio seems to have imploded since the restart. I believe them, Inter and Juventus were contending for 1st at some point.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Anyone else notice how Barcelona and Real Madrid have been swapping their recruitment strategies? Barca now just tries to buy whoever is good and Real have been investing a lot into youth players. Vinicius, Kubo, Odegaard, Reguilon, Ceballos, Rodrygo, Diaz. Apparently they sold Hakimi because he wanted first team football immediately. I can't blame him for wanting that given his level of quality, but I also can't blame Madrid for selling him as a result. Being Japanese, I am a huge believer in Kubo. I think he has what it takes to go right to the top.

Anyone else notice how Barcelona and Real Madrid have been swapping their recruitment strategies? Barca now just tries to buy whoever is good and Real have been investing a lot into youth players. Vinicius, Kubo, Odegaard, Reguilon, Ceballos, Rodrygo, Diaz. Apparently they sold Hakimi because he wanted first team football immediately. I can't blame him for wanting that given his level of quality, but I also can't blame Madrid for selling him as a result. Being Japanese, I am a huge believer in Kubo. I think he has what it takes to go right to the top.
Wondering if you have any thoughts on Minamino. I don't really follow La Liga and PL so I haven't followed the two of them as closely as I would've liked to. I'm glad Madrid at least let Kubo off on loan to gain experience.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Wondering if you have any thoughts on Minamino. I don't really follow La Liga and PL so I haven't followed the two of them as closely as I would've liked to. I'm glad Madrid at least let Kubo off on loan to gain experience.
I think moving to Liverpool is gonna be hard for anyone that isn't an established world class player. They have to fit into a system that's been established for a few years now and fight for places with people that have been playing in it for a while. I think Minamino is an above average player, as shown by his performances at his previous club, but I don't think he's anything special yet. He has pace and the technique and I think he can fit well into this Liverpool team, but he does need some time to adjust. He's only been in England since January; he needs time to adjust to the team and his new lifestyle.

Frustratingly, Japan doesn't seem to have a diverse group of players, with their only good ones being attacking midfielders (excluding the few exceptions like Nagatomo and Okazaki). This means some of the good ones will get left out of the national team. I don't think Minamino nor Kubo will, though. Both have insane clout due to the teams they are affiliated with.

Minamino has had less than 500 minutes at Liverpool. Shows some flashes here and there but so far he's just an inferior Firmino. It's still too early to call him a flop though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)