2019-20 NBA Season

Was Walton secretly the common denominator keeping the lakers down? I see the semblance of an offense with off-ball movement and Dwight leads the league in +/- what in the actual fuck.

Also this gem courtesy of reddit
Screenshot_20191030-023641_Reddit.jpg

Walton is a dumbass for his questionable rotations and proving he essentially rode the coattails of Kerr and the GSW players, but Lakers FO has made some equally questionable moves (like giving up on Ingram and Thomas Bryant too early)

Walton is a dumbass for his questionable rotations and proving he essentially rode the coattails of Kerr and the GSW players, but Lakers FO has made some equally questionable moves (like giving up on Ingram and Thomas Bryant too early)
But we gave them up for... Anthony Davis.

I'm not gonna pretend the optics of trading zubac to the nephews in a panic move last season aren't bad but the chance of putting Davis, lebron and leonard together was too good to pass up. Of course in retrospect keeping zubac over javale would have been the smart move. I cant believe how much I'm enjoying dwight freaking howard and wishing McGee would disappear. Everyone mocked the FO for the veterans we brought in this season but they've been a huge improvement and look who's sitting atop the west standings

I'm not gonna pretend the optics of trading zubac to the nephews in a panic move last season aren't bad but the chance of putting Davis, lebron and leonard together was too good to pass up. Of course in retrospect keeping zubac over javale would have been the smart move. I cant believe how much I'm enjoying dwight freaking howard and wishing McGee would disappear. Everyone mocked the FO for the veterans we brought in this season but they've been a huge improvement and look who's sitting atop the west standings
Right now I'm just hoping Rondo has the same kind of comeback season as Dwight and AB have been having...

Well were just over a quarter into the season and the Lakers are looking like a top tier title team (say that five times fast). A lot of pundits mocked Pelinka for retooling with veteran shooters and big men, and ignoring a big name point guard like Kemba. Right now he looks like a genius remodeling into a bigger team with tons of length. Of course Davis is the crux of that, being a defensive monster thus far as well as putting close games away with his clutch FT%. The Howard/McGee duo continues to give solid rotation minutes and help keep AD fresh by limiting the amount of time he spends at the 5, allowing him (and Lebron to an extent) to roam the middle of the floor and pick off easy steals/blocks. It's really refreshing to have the (arguably) best player on your team also give the most on defense and its rubbing off on everyone else.

Are there still some holes? Of course. I cant believe I'm saying this but Avery Fucking Bradley has been huge in the defensive backcourt and the sooner he comes back from injury, the better.

A lot of people have been pointing out the easy early schedule, but good teams are supposed to beat bad ones and our three losses have come against some of the hottest teams in the league right now. The lakers also have several W's over quality teams in the Heat, Mavs (in Dallas), Nuggets and Jazz. The latter two this week. Tje schedule remains brutal through this month and I think if the team can come out of it 25-8 or better, a top 3 finish isnt out of the question. I know there is still a lot of basketball to be played and injuries are pretty much unavoidable but this squad has shown resiliency and defensive tenacitysorely missing in years past.

Also shout out to the coaching staff and Vogel who has actually been willing to make in-game adjustments and bench players who are underperforming.

P.S. If KCP continues his current play into the new year I may be ready to accept him as a legitimate positive contribution to the team lel

yes ok

Banned deucer.
I am not sure that I can agree with this assessment of the Lakers that has been given. I would conclude that they perhaps are somewhat above the average, but they are certainly not great !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)