2019-20 NBA Season

It took me years, YEARS to get over this nixed trade and you gotta go picking at my old scabs like this lel.
Nice article though, I'm a fan of NBA whatifs/sliding doors moments having read/listened to that scumbag Bill Simmons for 10+ years. The only thing you left out was that Stern only canceled the trade after several small market owners (most notably that cunt Dan Gilbert) threw a bitch fit about the Lakers aquiring star talent as their own franchises languished in mediocrity or worse. I don't have anything against the Cleveland or the people, but I will always, ALWAYS root for the cavs failure until the team is sold to a new owner.

The only thing you left out was that Stern only canceled the trade after several small market owners (most notably that cunt Dan Gilbert) threw a bitch fit about the Lakers aquiring star talent as their own franchises languished in mediocrity or worse.
Also the fact that Stern waited for the NBPA to agree to the new CBA and ratified it before vetoing the deal. Pretty sure the lockout would've carried on a bit more if Stern had vetoed it just a few hours earlier.

That was a really interesting read, not many Lakers fans would have the balls to leave Kobe off their list but it makes a lot of sense from your perspective. My only nit to pick is this line: "1989-90 just so happened to be an anomaly. For the duration of the season, Magic happened to shoot the ball a scorching 38.4% from three on 3.5 attempts per game. On an all-time team that is likely going to struggle with outside shooting, I’ll take sniper-Magic coupled with his elite playmaking and defense."

Maybe it's just the phrasing you used but Magic's defense after 1988 was... mediocre at best and was a weakness that opposing teams would regularly exploit for easy buckets in half court sets.

We have details for the remainder of the season:
  • Starts July 30th and will end no later than October 13th
  • 13 Western Conference teams + 9 Eastern Conference teams = 22 total teams
  • Each team plays 8 seeding games
  • 7 teams with highest win percentage (regular season + 8 seeding games) in each conference advance directly to playoffs
  • For 8th seed:
    • If 8th seed is more than 4.0 games ahead of 9th seed, 8th seed advances
    • If 8th seed is 4.0 or fewer games ahead of 9th seed, there is a play-in
      • 8th seed only needs to win 1 game to advance
      • 9th seed needs to win 2 games to advance
  • Playoff format will be the same as usual (7-game series in each round)

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Could they be more blatant lol. Each team has one back to back and the Grizzlies happens to be against the Pels? Meh I think the Blazers will take the 8th seed anyway.

Wait what? The Kings are the ones who play the Pelicans twice though. No back-to-backs as far as I can tell. In any case, the games were picked from the remainder of their original schedule and the Pelicans had the easiest one remaining, so it's kinda expected.

Oh right, I thought you meant the Grizzlies and Pelicans play each other back to back.

No Bradley is gonna suck for the Lakers, but hopefully those minutes go to Caruso and not Rondo.

Coronis

Impressively round
Oh right, I thought you meant the Grizzlies and Pelicans play each other back to back.

No Bradley is gonna suck for the Lakers, but hopefully those minutes go to Caruso and not Rondo.

Nah am fucked as so idk plus murican date so its me. I mean if i could rig it for more Zion i would too. rip Memphis tho. Ja u a cutie pi but rip :(

Oh is Nurkic actually healthy and cleared to play? I haven't been keeping tabs on anyone except the Lakers. No Avery is a blow to our defense and spacing as he was really coming on before the shutdown. Not sure what to think of potential JR addition

Coronis

Impressively round
Should definitely be cleared iirc both he and Collins were originally targeting March returns. Been without both the whole year, should be a massive boost.

Havi

three of swords
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
players opting out the season as for rn:
  • Trevor Ariza, Trail Blazers
  • Davis Bertans, Wizards
  • Avery Bradley, Lakers
  • Willie Cauley-Stein, Mavericks
  • DeMarcus Cousins, free agent
  • Wilson Chandler, Nets
Avery and Ariza are the only big losses here- and apparently 16 out of 302 players have tested positive for the Coronavirus this week. should be interesting how this will turn out

DeAndre Jordan and Spencer Dinwiddie have both tested positive for covid-19 and will sit out the rest of the season. So of the 16 who tested positive, that's 3 Nets and 3 Kings players.

Havi

three of swords
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
ok this is not going well for the Nets lmao, i feel bad for them lol there goes their playoff chances
also props for the NBA planning to paint BLM on the courts inside both sidelines!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)