2019-20 Football/Soccer Thread

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
thanks for making this thread, i was thinking abt it, but my op was gonna be a rant abt var

Why not Juventus or FC Barcelona win UCL 2019/2020 ??? They are a very good team.

Honorables Mentions: Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/22/var-to-fore-excellence-goals-liverpool-victory

your fav var conspiracist here
"
Drawing a best-guess straight line is not accuracy, consistency, or whatever it is we expect. There is only a pretence of academic rigour here. Understanding and acknowledging a margin for error, incorporating uncertainty is a part of being precise. This is simply bad science.
Fast forward 24 hours and Mount’s foot was, arguably, slightly more offside than Son’s armpit. But only arguably, and based on a line that there is no evidence we can actually trust. A middle-aged man playing with a light pen is not the Large Hadron Collider.

Plus, of course, what is offside actually for? Firstly to stop the game from losing its shape, dissolving into a cross between Aussie Rules and mass goal-hanging. And secondly, in its finer margins, to stop players cheating by pushing this enforced line and gaining an advantage.
In this case there was no advantage to Mount in having a toe, arguably, beyond the line of a player 20 yards away. It didn’t cause the game to lose its shape. It was offside because a man with a pen drew a pointlessly certain line.
Most people have by now “backed a horse” in this race and are intent on arguing it to the line either way. The idea of being pro or anti VAR has its ideological, even generational edge. Suggest this isn’t currently working and you risk becoming a Proper Football Man crying into his Charles Hughes coaching manual about the death of My Day When Things Were Good."

Okay. Emery was given a big wakeup call on a lineup and at least some player to play/not play.
Let’s fucking so this you piece of shit. Figure it out. Everyone else has..

Barcelona have been fined only €300 (£265) after being found guilty of tapping up Antoine Griezmann while he was an Atletico Madrid player.

Barcelona are going to APPEAL the €300 fine they have been given in the Griezmann case!

Barcelona have been fined only €300 (£265) after being found guilty of tapping up Antoine Griezmann while he was an Atletico Madrid player.

Barcelona are going to APPEAL the €300 fine they have been given in the Griezmann case!
Oh no, how are they going to buy Neymar now? Quick, set up a GoFundMe page for Barca

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Juventus are still far better than Inter, who got almost totally outplayed in the second half.

Liverpool has the league won. Unless their starting front gets injured... which for some reason they are fucking never injured even though they play every minute of any match Liverpool has.

In other news... Arsenal are fucking god awful to watch and it's a fluke we're in 3rd...

Emery isn't doing anything well or positive.. the rest of the league is just a damn shit show.

I fucking hate the club atm..

I am sad to admit the fact that Liverpool have won but they’re playing great in all honesty. Their front three are those that definitely scare other teams.

So far in the 2019/2020 season:

Mane - 8 matches/ 5 goals / 1 assist

Salah - 8 matches/ 4 goals / 3 assists

Firminio - 8 matches/ 3 goals / 3 assists

I definitely agree with that statement. Just after the re-start at the Vitality Stadium, Aymeric Laporte went down clutching his knee. Obviously this injury was big for City since, in my opinion, he’s their current best defender. He has been a regular fixture in Pep Guardiola's side since he joined from Athletic Bilbao in the 2018 summer transfer window and City looked into buying a new centre-back partner for him this summer, especially after losing Vincent Kompany as well as Otamendi and John Stones making quite notably mistakes recently so rippp
3878D664-0679-406F-9F4E-E46FA149D142.jpeg

Last edited:
Ffs I was hoping we could avoid Atletico since their style of sitting deep can present problems to us.
Nice that Man City didn't get the easiest draw as per tradition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)