2019-20 Football/Soccer Thread

Well it seems that the plan right now is to resume, if that doesn't go to plan then i think the most likely scenario would be something similar to that in Ligue 1 with the title & relegation being decided on points per game.

You cannot escape it, Hendo will be lifting that trophy.
Thanks KennedyLFC, do you also think that Henderson will be awarded the PFA Player of the Year? I personally think so but seeing as you’re a Liverpool supporter, I wanted to ask you (no bias please)

Last edited:
Thanks KennedyLFC, do you also think that Henderson will be awarded the PFA Player of the Year? I personally don’t think so but seeing as you’re a Liverpool supporter, I wanted to ask you (no bias please)

If anyone but this man wins the award, it would be utterly disgraceful. The man is such a great neighbor. He also literally discovered the New World in the 1400s while exploring. There's no other choice. Kevin de Fraud?????? Mane??????????? No. It has to be England's brave Jordan Henderson.

Do y’all think the great blaugrana recover since they’ve made some poor signings recently and Messi isn’t getting any younger. :[
No, Barcelona are a very bad team with no hopes for the future with the poor signings they're making and the inevitable signings they will make. Its going to be a downhill trail for barcelona from here on out. They have no hopes for the future honestly once messi retires as their entire transfer policy is to spent hundreds of millions on good players just for them to play like rubbish e.g. griezmann, coutinho etc.

If anyone but this man wins the award, it would be utterly disgraceful. The man is such a great neighbor. He also literally discovered the New World in the 1400s while exploring. There's no other choice. Kevin de Fraud?????? Mane??????????? No. It has to be England's brave Jordan Henderson.
I also agree, he’s the captain of a growing club and and outstanding club. He should be the man for that award!

Do y’all think Chelsea can reach achieve their former success with the current squad they have. Sure Abraham, Reece James and Mount are talented. But are they good enough to lead Chelsea to a premier league title in the future. They’ve had the likes of Hazard, Drogba and Makelele back in the day and only Kante really compares to any of those in terms of quality.

Last edited:

Peary

Drip Haver
Do y’all think Chelsea can reach achieve their former success with the current squad they have. Sure Abraham, CHO and Mount are talented. But are they good enough to lead Chelsea to a premier league title in the future. They’ve had the likes of Hazard, Drogba and Makelele back in the day and only Kante really compares to any of those in terms of quality.
no

Do you guys think the English Premier League will be voided completely or will it be continued in a future time? Just wondering since I’m confused
Either they finish it or they finalise the positions using points per game. If you have played 30 games, you don't pretend they don't happen. That is rewarding failure.

Let it go, man. It has been 2-3 years
No, it's not just been 2-3 years. It's a consistent trend since Pallotta has taken over. Bad deal after bad deal, on both selling and buying players, getting players on loans with obligations to buy, shipping them on loans with options to buy that nobody ever takes, buying old rejects and selling all our young players. It's not just the Salah and Alisson deals, but those were the worst of the bunch in context and I highlighted them because we were talking about potentially selling another player to Lolpool.

Anyway, yes, the debt and FFP, but when has our financial situation ever improved by this way of dealing? Never. The only year in which we might not have had to sell players? Champions League semifinals. You'd think he'd have learned that flipping players is an unreliable way to make profit (especially if you get lowballed anyway), and that keeping a team that had just made the CL semis would've been a better long-term solution. Nope. Fast forward a few years and we're back in the Europa League, only making it this year because Milan were banned from the competition, might I add. The reinvestment of our revenue from selling players into replacements has been absolutely atrocious. There's literally no debating that. Just look at how we dumped the entire €42M from Salah into Schick, only to now have to sell him to RB Leipzig for €25M, and how Monchi literally thought Lautaro was not worth €14M, but bought fucking Nzonshit for almost €30M after bonuses.

It's no wonder we ended up with Fonseca despite all the rumors of us wanting all these other managers (Fonseca was what, our 8th choice?) Who wants to take over a club that just sells all their best players? The roster looks so different every year, it'd be hell for a manager to do his job.

Oh, and rumor of Petrachi's relationship with Pallotta straining? Imagine my shock.

Last edited:
Solid win at the Westfalenstadion. 7-point lead with 6 games to go. Gonna be tough though, with 4 of those games vs teams in the top-7 (B04, Gladbach, Freiburg, Wolfsburg).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)