Monotype 2019 Monotype Circuit Playoffs - Finals [Won by DugZa]

Art by Ticken​

Welcome to the 2019 Monotype Circuit Playoffs! This is what the entire year's Monotype tournament circuit has been leading up to. With the tiebreaker complete, we now have our 16 playoff contestants. The winner of this tournament will receive the Monotype ribbon they've been playing to qualify for over the past year!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 7 Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be SINGLE Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! You must play on either smogtours or the main server. All other servers will not count even if you win!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
  • MAKE SURE TO POST YOUR HIDDEN REPLAYS. I cannot access to your replays if you hide your replays and do not share them here, so I will be coinflipping if you decide to hide your replays but don't post them.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type, both before and after Mega Evolution
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Round of 16
1. Chaitanya vs. 17. MetaRiolu7
2. Wincon vs. 15. average fella
3. Harpp vs. 14. DugZa
4. 1 True Lycan vs. 13. Yami
5. Prosaic vs. 12. Days for Dabs
6. Dandy Highwayman vs. 11. terrors
7. Vodoom vs. 10. smub
8. Xiri vs. 9. dahli

Quarterfinals
8. Xiri vs 17. MetaRiolu7
2. Wincon vs. 10. smub
6. Dandy Highwayman vs. 14. DugZa
4. 1 True Lycan vs. 12. Days for Dabs

Semifinals
4. 1 True Lycan vs 8. Xiri
10. smub vs. 14. DugZa

Finals
4. 1 True Lycan vs. 14. DugZa

Deadline to complete your matches is December 29th 11:59 pm GMT-4

Last edited:

zugubu royale

Banned deucer.
1. Chaitanya vs. 16. roman : got em
2. Wincon vs. 15. average fella : ?
3. Harpp vs. 14. DugZa : "Whats up guys It's yo boy harpp with another monotype video this time we putting the hands to the dragon dance in front of whimsicott guy be sure to comment like and hit the bell"
4. 1 True Lycan vs. 13. Yami : Idk Bro Agent01 Lycan is 0-3 with his exploud shenanigans, gen 8 really fried his brain with the constant fear of getting ditto reverse dynamaxed on, I can relate though
5. Prosaic vs. 12. Days for Dabs : How are you 5th seed you won 2 tours in a row is this tour even seeded or did they ask you "whats your fav number?" before this, anyways go clap this meowstic dude, maybe only ev 5 of your mons to give him a chance
6. Dandy Highwayman vs. 11. terrors : ay terrors
7. Sindy vs. 10. smub : Although he is not a member of the church of bronzong yet he will be converted soon
8. Xiri vs. 9. dahli : I thought dahli was a roman alt, the trainer cards are really cool, nicely done!! :heart:

Those trainer cards are lit. I can confirm Chait looks like his irl.

1. Chaitanya vs. 16. Metariolu7 60:40
have to reach finals to lose in finals - gandhi
i predict activity win
3. Harpp vs. 14. DugZa 65:35
dugza coming off a huge win against lycan
4. 1 True Lycan vs. 13. Yami 100:0
Lycan might go winless in ltpl but this matchup should prevent the same thing in this tour
5. Prosaic vs. 12. Days for Dabs 99:1
Go for the hat trick bro
Cant lose your crown if you dont play. Activity
7. Sindy vs. 10. smub 60:40
Vodooms better but smub manages to pull wins in these
8. Xiri vs. 9. dahli 40:60
although xiris my older brother irl, i dont think hes been playing mono much lately so ill edge the tc maker. Should still be good

Last edited:
Predicts, since I was unfortunately the 17th seed LOL.

1. Chaitanya vs. 16. Metariolu7 two gods. Gotta go w/ chait tho Based on the fact that he’s #1 SM.
Wincon will avenge himself from ssnls, or average fella just prolly won’t show up I ain’t seen this man inna bit minute
3. Harpp vs. 14. DugZa
Recite Zugu’s predict here as it applies.
4. 1 True Lycan vs. 13. Yami
At the end of the day it’s gen 7 monotype. Idc
5. Prosaic vs. 12. Days for Dabs.
prosaic too hot. MLT✔ Ssnls ✔ Ain’t nobody stopping it, They’re gonna prep normal and it still won’t matter
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO!! YALL THINK TERRORS SHOWING UP, I found out yesterday that this man won last years ribbons based on total points. LOOOOOL
7. Sindy vs. 10. smub
vod if you lose to rock or ice just delete yourself. But I got faith in my fellow black.
8. Xiri vs. 9. dahli
two gods. Peachy has been the backbone in the circuit-discussion channel in the mono cord as of late. So edging him.

Last edited:
took out the numbers bc those dont matter when u look at some of em

Chaitanya vs. MetaRiolu7 - chaits probably better but at the same time he couldnt even fairly beat roman, we all know chait paid him to throw man he should be the dq'd one
Wincon vs. average fella - game wont happen
Harpp vs. DugZa - shit man i guess the numbers do matter all the low ones fucking suck
1 True Lycan vs. Yami - if magma doesnt fish for an act win lycan will win
Prosaic vs. Days for Dabs - prosaics so lucky man but hes also better
Dandy Highwayman vs. terrors - if terrors can make it out of the constant wars in the middle east he can make it out of r1 of this dogshit
Vodoom vs. smub - smub backwrds is bum(s)
Xiri vs. dahli - queen (he's better)

overall theres a lot of really bad players in this tour (I won't name names but 10-16) and i think that isn't a good look, hopefully gen 8 is better, also ban dynamax thanks

Days for Dabs

Banned deucer.
Coming to now I recall the memories of this past generation. Countless games spent honing my skills and perfecting my team bit by bit as I improved, all of the interactions between players, the rivalries, the banter, cteams and hax. The blacklist. The mute.

For a time I was despondent. All of this time spent striving for achievement, only to be shut away and barred. I was alone.

One day I said to myself, no. I will not accept defeat. I loaded up my Meowstic team and climbed step by step up the ladder until in a matter of days I found myself facing off my one-sided rival who sat at the precipice of victory. It was Peachyclouds.

I won that game, I defied the odds, the mocking, and the community which had spurned me.

I had a poor display during the last MPL. Brought to the highest stage, I choked. And now the elitists and naysayers are well pleased to close the book on Days for Dabs' reprisal. Trash player.

Might I remind you all that the last time I faced Prosaic in a Bo3, I was the one who came out the victor?

Here at gen's end I return once more to defy those who cast doubt, you who silenced me, just watch my games.

I'm Days for Dabs.

Are you ready to play, Prosaic?

Yesterday, I went to the grocery store to buy some discount turkey which, while technically priced at .78 USD per pound, is closer to .8618 USD per pound since the rest of the weight I'm paying for is effectively water (they inject them turkeys with brine prior to sale). I'm not sure why, I think the reason is that I had always missed hot turkey sandwiches for lunch every day a month after Thanksgiving(I skipped racist aunt diatribes this time around because the weather was bad to drive to Minneapolis), but also because I was tired of eating fried bologna sandwiches, and recently my container of incredibly cheap bologna had some mold in it. I have made many a change in my life, even going to smogon.com/forums to read the messages from the gamers, while listening to my gamer roommate yell racial slurs at The Fortnite.

Recently, I have even posted a message onto THE Wincon's Smogon wall, denoting that I am not dead. Are you ready to play, Wincon? Come Wednesday or some day later, I will have been energized by a superior lunch meat in my sandwiches for lunch, and might even bring a team without a shitty gimmick(lie)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)