RU 2019 RarelyUsed Circuit Playoffs - Finals [Won by Pohjis]

Denial

formerly Lunala
is a Past WCoP Champion

RU Circuit Playoffs

First of all, I'd like to congratulate everyone who has participated and qualified in the circuit tournaments. The top 16 players will face off to determine the winner of RU Circuit and will be awarded with the RU Circuit Ribbon
!

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard USM RU tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on PS!, preferably on the smogtours server.
  • All rounds will be a best of three in this single elimination tournament, and you are free to switch teams during your series.
  • The tier is LOCKED as of this post, and so any changes to the tier after this won't affect this tournament.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Scheduling:

Last edited:

Mavis

Banned deucer.
predicts boys

[#1]Ajna vs [#16]DurzaOffTopic: king of rarelyused smashes local tryhard with a trophy sized sledgehammer
[#2]Kink vs [#15]Pohjis: king uu
[#3]Pepeduce vs [#14]Santu: god ppdc made it to grand finals of ssnls and isn't an autobold? what a laugh
[#4]Luthier vs [#13]Finchinator I love luthier but.. it's finch cmon vros
[#5]EviGaro
vs [#12]byronthewellwell: :char:
[#6]Odd Della Robbia vs [#11]Charmflash: god odr
[#7]Xiri vs [#10]soTsoT: i have faith
[#8]TheFranklin vs [#9]yjh971203: feelin yjh here

rip feliburn and nat

[#1]Ajna vs [#16]DurzaOffTopic (Ajna should claim the dub here although Durza could pull off an upset) (75-25)
[#2]Kink vs [#15]Pohjis (King RU at it again, I don't know much about Pohjis but I have heard that he's a good player from other people so I don't doubt his ability to win here, I just have to favor the King of RU) (60-40)
[#3]Pepeduce vs [#14]Santu (Honestly, I have no clue how this one will end up. From what I have seen both of these players are equally skilled so I'm interested to see how this one pans out) (50-50)
[#4]Luthier vs [#13]Finchinator (We got an LC God up against a multi-tier leader bros idk. I'm going to bold Finch here because well it's finch but I do believe that Luthier could win as well) (40-60)
[#5]EviGaro vs [#12]byronthewellwell (Idk anything about byron except that he's an Ubers main and I'm honestly not even sure if that information is accurate, so im going to highly favor Evi here) (75-25)
[#6]Odd Della Robbia vs [#11]Charmflash (Young Dumb and Goat gonna continue his never ending win streak) (70-30)
[#7]Xiri vs [#10]soTsoT (I met both of these guys back in my TLT days and they both have proven to be good players. Just gonna favor Xiri here because they've been popping off recently) (65-35)
[#8]TheFranklin vs [#9]yjh971203 (I'm with drew on this one, I think yjh will take this home) (40-60)

Last edited:

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Ajna vs DurzaOffTopic: Ajna being bolded here what a surprise! Not only has he cemented himself as the best in many different ways, but he's also tryharding this tour as fuck because he really wants his ribbon which makes it really hard to bold against him in any matchup, he's also a better player and builder than Durza so this is pretty much his.

Kink vs Pohjis: Honestly a tougher pick than it looks like, because yeah Kink did have the best snake record in RU, but Pohjis is just so good at everything it's just hard to bold against him. I'm gonna favor experience in this one, especially coming from a player as gimmicky as Kink, but in terms of playing ability I think Pohjis has it in the bag.

Pepeduce vs Santu: Hard predict, but I'll favor the french over the italian due to the big wave of gimmicks he's been using, I think it will give him an edge because I think Santu is a better player overall. As long as he doesn't bring VapoLax balance he should be good.

Luthier vs Finchinator: This is such a tough call, on one hand we have Finch who's as usual has had a solid year of mons overall, on the other hand we have the possibility of bolding all the names on the left. Jokes aside Luth has had solid runs in current gen RU tours whereas Finch just did what he does in BW tiers and made it. Gonna go w/ the left names

EviGaro vs byronthewellwell: Another matchup where it's hard to predict against the favored player in any way, shape or form. Evi's just been solid in general in both playing and building teams that just perfectly match to her style. Her hunger for a ribbon should be more intense being so close to it last year, making her the other favorite to take it all.

Odd Della Robbia vs Charmflash: Omg open finals rematch, I am gonna favor Odd cause of my personal bias. I think either player could take it, Odd's been getting better and better at RU whereas Charm's brain has probably expanded a lot the past months due to all the teambuilding work he had to do during snake.

Xiri vs soTsoT: Xiri's just been better than sot overall, he's recent tours have both solid showings so he should take this easily.

TheFranklin vs yjh971203. This man won the latest seasonal whereas we haven't seen from yjh in ru since I think majors? He also has the advantage of using good teams he sees so I think he should have a bigger edge, tho yjh has more experience as a player so who knows really.

Not voting ties to show my bias, hf and go ajna

got tilted and played badly at the end of g2, ggs, dw about the luck

big thanks to zv for providing me with teams, putting up with my complaints, and an unsung hero for testing with me for hours, i appreciate you both a ton

disappointed in myself but i gotta understand this doesn't represent me as a player

see you next year unless i quit in the next few weeks

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Ajna vs TheFranklin: Resident ribbon tryhard should have this in the bag p easily seeing how his opponent keeps the tendency of reusing known teams which Ajna's build should more than be able to handle. He also has a better playing ability overall so I don't see how he loses here.

sotsot vs Pohjis: Like I've been saying, Pohjis is just too great at playing, last week I doubted bolding for him cause I figured kink would whip out his crazy sets and get the edge but Pohjis still managed to come through so I see no reason for me not to predict him this week seeing he is clearly the better player overall.

Odd Della Robbia vs Santu: Biased vote towards Odd but Santu is still p decent overall, can't count him out after showing he can play the tier in slam playoffs. Feel like Odd has the edge in both building and tier experience tho and his play level is good so he shouldnt be at a disadvantage in any way vs Santu other than italian luck.

Luthier vs EviGaro: As usual, I am not allowed to vote against Evi unless she's playing Ajna. Luthier had some solid showing vs Finch but Evis just too good at the game and her teams are sure to catch anyone by surprise.

As usual hf and go ajna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)