PU 2019 USM PU Ladder Tournament: Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Approved by Megazard and me I guess?

Art borrowed from here and originally by RitterCat
Hello all, and welcome to the second USM PU ladder tournament! This ladder tournament is part of the ongoing PU Circuit, where the top players who have earned points from each tour duke it out for the coveted PU Ribbon!

This tournament will consist of two stages, as follows:

Stage One
The first is the actual laddering portion of the tournament, which will last an entire month. The eight participants with the highest rating at the end of each week will be entered into the playoffs. If a player "won" for multiple weeks, the next highest rated person will be admitted into the playoffs. Due to the possibility we will need substitutes for the second stage of the tournament, we'll take the 9th and 10th people in each period and randomise them as subs if needed. If you qualify as #9 or #10, you are still able to participate in other cycles and try to qualify for the top 8 of a given cycle.

Your rank on the ladder "resets" at the end of each cycle. You must ladder with a new alt each cycle and post it in this thread before you start laddering. There will be a specific tag for each week of laddering that will be posted prior to that qualification period starting.

Stage Two
At the end of the laddering stage (stage one), the playoffs will start with the 32 top ladder players of the month. Pairings will be seeded based on the position players qualified in (i.e. #1, #2 etc.) and the week they qualified, with the higher seed going to the player who qualified first. More information on format and rules are listed below. Since you are rewarded for placing higher on each ladder I assume there will be people who want to improve their seed by laddering again the next qualifying period, this is fine, I'll save the screenshots from each round and adjust it accordingly.

Before participating in this tournament, please take some time to familiarise yourself with Smogon's tournament rules as well as this specific sub-forums rules. If you need help finding either of those feel free to contact me.

Rules: PLEASE READ THESE
  1. Before laddering you must create a fresh alt. This is mandatory as it stops people from getting an early and unfair advantage. Each alt will be linked to the week provided, so this week's alt is LTFinal [insert name]. Example, LTFinal Akir. This also allows me to track everyone who has entered.
  2. Ghosting is strictly prohibited! Anyone who joins is essentially in an ongoing tour. Anyone who is found ghosting will be disqualified from the tournament.
  3. If I find out that you have played on an alt created earlier than the date the OP goes up for each week, I will disqualify you from that cycle and potentially the entire tournament.

Deadline is Sunday, April 21st, at 11pm EST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)