2020-21 NBA Season

The Board of Governors approved the amended CBA and we're almost set for the next season.

November 18th: NBA Draft
November 20th: Free agency starts
November 22nd: Moratorium lifted, players to be allowed to sign
December 1st: Training camp starts
December 22nd: Opening night

I feel like the Knicks are at a point in their rebuild where the final piece to fix the team/organization is to have James Dolan sell the team.

Looks like we have our first deal of the offseason. Of course, the deal can't be completed yet, because Stepien rule and we owe the Pelicans a protected first in 2021 in that lopsided Anthony Davis deal. So we'll be picking for OKC in the draft with the number 28 pick, then trading the selection with Danny Green (and we all know why he's getting traded jks) for Schroder.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DC

well, the suns rebuild just hit turbo xd.

idk whether I should be more impressed w presti for actually moving chris paul's contract or with james jones for getting a legitimate all-nba point guard without giving up bridges, cam johnson or the 10th pick (2022 first probably won't convey in the lottery unless every other team in the west goes supernova). phoenix gonna be fun as hell to watch this year, plus I can't wait to see how many future firsts okc will own after flipping danny and kelly oubre at the deadline lol.

edit: also a list of free agency projections, keep in note that they're all projections and I fully expect to be wrong on most of them, just wanna know how many I got right in a few weeks xd:
anthony davis signs w the lakers on a one-and-one deal.
fred vanvleet and serge ibaka return to the raptors in free agency, ibaka on a one-year deal and vanvleet on slightly less than brogdon money.
danilo gallinari signs w phoenix in the window before the chris paul trade is formalised.
christian wood becomes a hornet or a knick.
davis bertans returns to washington.
montrezl harrell winds up getting signed on the mle assuming the clippers don't s&t him to okc for rubio.
jerami grant returns to denver on a long-term deal, jae crowder signs a one-year deal with miami.
marc gasol...I don't know, whichever of golden state or boston is the first to offer 4 years of guaranteed mle money.
lakers pick up wesley matthews and aron baynes on the midlevel exception.
no significant rfa (ingram, beasley, bogdanovic etc) changes teams.

trades:
jrue holiday gets traded to atlanta for #6 and salary filler. (X)
knicks get a future first rounder from cleveland as a thank-you for absorbing kevin love's contract. if this doesn't happen they probably overpay christian wood as a consolation prize.
warriors fail to dump #2 and wind up using it on avdija.
celtics fail to move up in the draft and end up dealing hayward + #14 to indiana for scraps. indiana probably turns around and tries to leverage that pick + future firsts to get into the top 10.
mavs land dinwiddie at the cost of whatever draft capital they can scrounge up (brooklyn is taking said draft capital because they need to pay okc for their veterans somehow).
raptors buy super-low on oladipo (as in get him for the cost of powell salary filler and a future first).
spurs do...something (prolly involving patty mills and moving up in the draft).
beal doesn't move, neither does lavine because both new regimes want another year to evaluate.
westbrook and harden stay in houston because trading harden would be insane and westbrook's contract is way too toxic to be movable. that said if the rockets are floundering at the trade deadline I expect pj tucker to be dealt so that houston can duck the luxury tax.
bucks strike out on virtually everyone gettable and are forced to overpay the spurs for one year of demar derozan. I will root for this team anyways because demar is a good player and he deserves it.
sixers ship significant futures to sacramento in order to get buddy hield as well as shed horford's contract (morey probably finds some way to hold on to thybulle though. somehow).
clippers do...something (s&t harrell for rubio as I mentioned above? sell shamet or lou for a late first round pick in this draft? talk detroit into eating beverly's contract? who knows but it will be something).

Last edited:
0 for 1 lezzgo!

fr though I heard so much about the pels wanting a top10 pick that I assumed this race was atlanta's to lose. wow. at least boston doesn't get him ig; also the pels better be getting every pick that the bucks still own for this lol. (edit; woj says three future firsts)

also:

idk who got fleeced here but at least now the rockets can give ariza that apology he was looking for in person. (*laugh track plays*)

Rockets shipped Ariza to Pistons
Schroder for Danny Green/28th pick deal is official
Josh Richardon traded for Seth Curry
Ricky Rubio is back in Minnesota
Clippers get Luke Kennard, Nets get Landry Shamet

Rumor is that the Sixers are trading Al Horford and two picks for Danny Green, but that hasn't been made official yet.

Oh, and Klay Thompson may or may not have badly injured his Achilles tendon.

So Bogdan Bogdanovic to Bucks in a sign-and-trade has broken down because, well, Bogdan never agreed to a deal. The Kings just kind of assumed he'd sign, I guess?

Thunder piling up all the 1st round picks, now trading Oubre. Kinda sucks as an OKC fan, but at least we have a clear direction of what Presti is trying to do now. Kinda wish they made a push for some pieces since they were a playoff team last season, but let's be real, they were never gonna advance past the first or second round looking at these other rosters in the West.

Half an hour into free agency so far, nothing too exciting.

Dragic re-signing with Heat on a two-year deal worth $37.4M, second year team option.
Meyers Leonard re-signing with Heat on a two-year deal worth close to $20M, second year team option.
Wes Matthews signing with Lakers on a one-year deal worth $3.6M.

yo Kanburi nice pickup you guys got here, man should def contribute towards the lakers winning games.

also in free agency weirdness; hawks take gallo and now have more power forwards than the 2019-20 knicks, christian wood is going to houston via sign-and-trade, the pistons will be paying jerami grant 20 million dollars a year to...do something, and I'm now like 0-5 on my predictions list. fun times.

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

yo Kanburi nice pickup you guys got here, man should def contribute towards the lakers winning games.

also in free agency weirdness; hawks take gallo and now have more power forwards than the 2019-20 knicks, christian wood is going to houston via sign-and-trade, the pistons will be paying jerami grant 20 million dollars a year to...do something, and I'm now like 0-5 on my predictions list. fun times.
Disgusting.

I really, really like this move. Having AD to cover for Montrezl's defensive weakness while spacing the floor on the other end while Bron/Caruso runs P&R with him? No wonder we didn't bring Dwight back.

Elsewhere, the original Jrue-to-Bucks trade is being expanded for OKC to re-route James Johnson to the Mavericks, while also facilitating a trade for Pelicans to bring in Steven Adams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)