Monotype 2020 Monotype Circuit Playoffs [Won by Fylkir Pudin]

mono_playoffs (1).png

Art by Seo.

Welcome to the 2020 Monotype Circuit Playoffs! This is what the entire year's Monotype tournament circuit has been leading up to. After shifting through many different types of metas because of the DLC releases, we now finally have our 16 playoff contestants. The winner of this tournament will receive the Monotype ribbon they've been playing to qualify for over the past year!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 8 Monotype tournament played with the latest DLC
  • This tournament will be SINGLE Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! You must play on either smogtours or the main server. All other servers will not count even if you win!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
  • MAKE SURE TO POST YOUR HIDDEN REPLAYS. I cannot access to your replays if you hide your replays and do not share them here, so I will be coinflipping if you decide to hide your replays but don't post them.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type, both before and after Mega Evolution
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Point total ties were broken up by win percentage. The higher win percentage in games won vs games played took the higher seed. For one scenario, there was an even further tie. To avoid any further delay, a !pick was done with consent from both parties. Proof is below:
Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 5.37.24 PM.png
Round 1:

1. zugubu royale
vs. 16. Crashy
2. Floss vs 15. yedla
3. kythr vs 14. Bouff
4. Fylkir Pudin
vs 13. Chaitanya
5. Maple vs 12. maroon
6. Splash vs 11. smub
7. dahli
vs 10. Decem
8. Toadow vs 9. Its Choco Bitch

Round 2:

1. zugubu royale vs 8. Toadow
7. dahli vs 15. yedla
14. Bouff vs 11. smub
4. Fylkir Pudin
vs 5. Maple

Round 3: Semis

8. Toadow vs 4. Fylkir Pudin
11. smub
vs 15. yedla

Round 4: FINALS

4. Fylkir Pudin
vs 11. smub

Congrats to these two for making it to the finals of the Monotype Circuit Playoffs. The winner of this series will be the Monotype ribbon holder.
Deadline to get games done is Thursday December 31st 11:59pm GMT-5.
Goodluck!​

Last edited:
1. zugubu royale vs. 16. Crashy - crashy is the fucking goat and will not lose here i dont want to hear any shit predicts without him winning this
2. Floss vs 15. yedla - floss is the better player and builder but yedla literally has the entire country of france on his side, edging floss
3. kythr vs 14. Bouff - kythr should win this
4. Fylkir Pudin vs 13. Chaitanya -
1606811887884.png

1606811502171.png
5. Maple vs 12. maroon - dugza isnt even playing for his mwp team man what the fuck are you doing
6. Splash vs 11. smub - smub is for sure bringing water stall, rock and ice in some order, pretty sure all you need is to bring some sort of water beating steel team
7. dahli vs 10. Decem - im not sure if decems builder is going to help or hurt him here, expecting something whack, probably fairy lock klefki at least once, like fuck if maki can make it work then anyone can.
8. Toadow vs 9. Its Choco Bitch - damn i predicted every frenchie in mwp week 1 and none here, unfortunate. choco literally qualified off just 2 tours though hes a fucking legend

also damn gray really hedging his bets on the winner, just pick someone you like man not 11

Last edited:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Good Luck to everyone!!! Promise you I'm in next year, here are my Round 1 predictions, LGI:

1. zugubu royale vs. 16. Crashy (70-30) - Zugubu has to be one of my favorite SS players and has accomplished winning Mono SSNLs and being a finalist of the most recent ssnls and is a versatile battler across multiple tiers. However, Crashy is a nice battler too but Zugubu has been playing consistently this entire year whereas Crashy has recently just signed up for the Tutoring Program to freshen up his knowledge. Many of the tutors are actually inside of POFFs so I'm not too certain if he'd be getting to much insight if you know what I mean but I am def leaning to Zugu in this series.

2. Floss vs 15. yedla (55-45) - Flossed has to be a little cautious with lending teams especially in the poff round but yedla is an amazing player nonetheless. I am kinda sad that no one picked yedla in MWP because he had a positive record and won in Finals on the Omastars team along with having significant tournament showings so yedla may be a lower seed but he's been pretty active in Monotype just like Flossed so I expect a very close series.

3. kythr vs 14. Bouff (55-45) - Bouff is a tours player I believe and is flexible across many tiers but I'm not too sure if either players have the brain knowledge of other players in the tournament like Flossed, Zugu, Fylkir, Chait and so on but since Kythr just won the Ladder tour, I am favoring him here. However, Kythr needed a little support from Nexus friends throughout poffs also and I'm not too sure if he's going to have this support here.

4. Fylkir Pudin vs 13. Chaitanya (35-65) - :miltank: Chait is one of the players I look up too and battling with no fear and No Johning in whatever impresses me in whatever tier. He's also on the winning team for MWP, Miltanks so I'm favoring him over the team that had Weeb Bingo for tryouts.

5. Maple vs 12. maroon (49-51) - Dugza seems busy considering he was ACTd in a huge tour last week and maroon on the other hand doesn't seem to have as of a hectic schedule like Dugza. However, Dugza is the Monotype Ribbon holder and clearly doesn't have amnesia and knows what's going on, so I expect this to be close.

6. Splash vs 11. smub (49-51) - Smub to me has always been an underrated player, although he may not branch out to much tiers as Splash, but he's been playing Monotype for quite a while and I expect this to be close due to him being pretty active on ladder and consistently testing teams over and over, I expect none the less. This is more personally based so I'm going with my friend smub here :3

7. dahli vs 10. Decem (51-49) - Decem is also a greattt player SS>Natdex btw but being on the :vivillon: and not the :miltank: makes me lenient towards peachy :(((

8. Toadow vs 9. Its Choco Bitch (60-40) - Toadow has been quite active and I haven't seen Coco play a single SS Mono game since that ssnls he's done great in. I don't have too much to say about this one but just going with a more Toad seems accurate.

16. zugubu royale vs. 1. Crashy (0-100) - Crashy has to be one of my favorite SS players and has accomplished winning Mono SSNLs and being a finalist of the most recent ssnls and is a versatile battler across multiple tiers. However, Crashy is a nice battler too but Crashy has been playing consistently this entire year whereas Crashy has recently just signed up for the Tutoring Program to freshen up his knowledge. Many of the tutors are actually inside of POFFs so I'm not too certain if he'd be getting to much insight if you know what I mean but I am def leaning to Crashy in this series.

2. Floss vs 15. yedla (0-100) - Flossed has to be a little cautious with lending teams especially in the poff round but yedla is an amazing player nonetheless. I am kinda sad happy that no one the wartortles picked yedla in MWP because he had a positive record and won in Finals on the Omastars team along with having significant tournament showings so yedla may be a lower seed but he's been pretty active in Monotype just like Flossed so I expect a not even close series.

3. kythr vs 14. Bouff (50-50) - I could not tell you who these people are sorry

4. Fylkir Pudin vs 13. Chaitanya (100-0) - Fylkir is one of the players I look up too and battling with no fear and No Johning in whatever impresses me in whatever tier. He's also on the winning team for MWP, Wartortles so I'm favoring him over the team that has Roxiee on their lineup.

5. Maple vs 12. maroon (65-35)
maroon.png

- as long as Dugza brings an aerodactyl I have faith maroon will EQ it atleast twice.

6. Splash vs 11. smub (70-30) - Splash will bring a meta type and smub will bring some rock / ice team and be set behind from the start.

7. dahli vs 10. Decem (40-60) - after decems laughable performance in CT tour I think he's going to be desperate to prove himself again and win out vs peachers

8. Toadow vs 9. Its Choco Bitch (90-10) - I like Toadow's Pfp and I don't like bad words so this ones all Toadow

1. zugubu royale vs. 16. Crashy - Zugubu will win it because of bulky water team, remember my words.
2. Floss vs 15. yedla - Floss is better in Monotype tier than Yedla is (sorry bro, just the truth).
3. kythr vs 14. Bouff - Close game but Kythr is able to do something here.
4. Fylkir Pudin vs 13. Chaitanya - If Fylkir plays seriously, he's able to kick this salow ass. Let's go Fylkir, kick him ass!
5. Maple vs 12. maroon - Dugza is good in USUM but needs a little thing in SS imo.
6. Splash vs 11. smub - Smub will win with cancer teams, easy predicts.
7. Dahli vs 10. Decem - #MakeGrudgeGreatAgain.
8. Toadow vs 9. Its Choco Bitch - I've to support at least one baguette here. Let's go Toabook!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)