OM 2020 OM Championship - Finals [Won by xavgb]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art by lydian

Welcome to the playoffs of the 2020 Other Metagames Circuit! The top 16 players have emerged after competing in this year's OM tournament circuit. The winner of this tournament will receive the Other Metas ribbon!

Tournament Rules:
  • This is a best-of-three single elimination tournament in the following SS formats: Almost Any Ability, Balanced Hackmons, Mix and Mega.
  • Higher seed chooses first game, loser picks next.
  • All metagames are locked as of this post. Any changes will not affect this tournament.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown. Replays are required.
  • General tournament rules and regulations apply.

Finals

1/ xavgb vs 3/ MultiAmmiratore

Last edited:
phew, when was the last time i was on this kid shit, well im back

1/ xavgb vs 16/ blinkboy - 16 is more than 1 which means blink wins easily. this xavgb guy is bad so its all good.

2/ Catalystic vs 15/ Fardin - dunno fardin but i do know catalystic, he got washed in mnm ssnl thou, i wouldnt complain it was the land of the free

3/ MultiAmmiratore vs 14/ The Number Man - finally good players, multi wins. number man aint so bad. his fade isnt on multi's level very unfortunate

4/ Dragonillis vs 13/ Quantum Tesseract - some french noob against some weeb. odds are is that dragonillis might actually win a game once in his life and im willing to bet on that

5/ Andyboy vs 12/ Jrdn, - jrdn the only good player in this bunch ofc i am also an expectation, he prevented the mass murder back then and stopped my killing spree, a very good man in this shit.

6/ Akashi vs 11/ Redflix - just some wannabe ubers main who thinks he can play mnm and havent won a game in his life, he willl be taken to the land of the free just like all of those before him

7/ Chazm vs 10/ abriel gabram - dunno either of these noobs but heard chazm might be good. likely what i heard was wrong. gabram might win something for once

8/ MZ vs 9/ PinkDragonTamer - i always support memezard wherever he goes except when hes playing me, (ofc he gets washed love u thou) show them ur pu skills nerd and dont lose before i wash u myself. hes not winning in bh sadly but bh is a society normal people cant comprehend.

1/ xavgb vs 16/ blinkboy - xavgb might be the best aaa player right now so I'll give him an edge against anyone. I don't know blinkboy too much but he's gotta be somewhat good if he's here.

2/ Catalystic vs 15/ Fardin - I'm pretty sure those two have played less than two dlc2 games and they're kind of similar skill-wise so this one is hard to predict. I think Catalystic is a bit better though so I'll give him an edge.

3/ MultiAmmiratore vs 14/ The Number Man - LET'S FUCKING GO MAN OF NUMBERS YOU GOT THIS

4/ Dragonillis vs 13/ Quantum Tesseract - Déso drago but QT's been very involved in this game post-dlc and he's looking like one of the very favorites of the tournament. It will take an upset for my french lad to win.

5/ Andyboy vs 12/ Jrdn - That's a pretty heat matchup, I have to say. In AAA jrdn is clearly favored though, as andy hasn't played the tier as much recently and aaa is definetly his weaker one out of the 3. Also I really like jrdn's team choices in livetours, making him pretty unpredictable. Good edge.

6/ Akashi vs 11/ Redflix - Pretty sure those two haven't played dlc2 aaa either but I think jeran is a bit better in this tier.

7/ Chazm vs 10/ abriel gabram - Chazm is kind of goated and already knows the metagame well while I trust abriel less.

8/ MZ vs 9/ PinkDragonTamer - MZ's a great player but pdt is too. That's a very interesting matchup, bolding MZ because of his performance in the ssnl.

I will play Quantum Tesseract tomorrow at 9 PM (GMT+2, meaning 2 PM GMT-5)
Gentleman clause : Gengar and Naganadel restricted on MnM, and with Intrepid Sword on BH.

1/ xavgb (AAA, MnM, BH) (99.9%) vs 16/ blinkboy (0.01%)
Facing Stresh is like facing a wall, it's almost impossible to get through, especially without NFE.

2/ Catalystic (AAA, MnM) (65%) vs 15/ Fardin (35%)
I can't predict the winner, because they don't play BH.
But Cata is more solid in AAA and MnM.

3/ MultiAmmiratore (MnM) (50%) vs 14/ The Number Man (AAA) (50%)
I can't predict the winner, because they don't play BH.
I'm just sure MultiAmmiratore will get MnM and The Number Man will get AAA !

4/ Dragonillis vs 13/ Quantum Tesseract
I can't be objective, I'm just surprised to have reached the fourth highest seed.

5/ Andyboy (MnM, BH) (55%) vs 12/ Jrdn (AAA) (45%)
It's probably the most exciting and unpredictable BO3 of this round of 16
I have a small preference for Andyboy, as he defends his title !

6/ Akashi (AAA, MnM, BH) (80%) vs 11/ Redflix (20%)
I can't comment, because I don't know these players, I can only base it on their tournament scores.

7/ Chazm (MnM, AAA) (70%) vs 10/ abriel gabram (BH) (30%)
Maybe we can have a surprise, who knows ? :)

8/ MZ (AAA, MnM) (60%) vs 9/ PinkDragonTamer (BH) (40%)
The BO3 will depend on whether MZ will have building support.
With support, I favor him.
Without it, pdt has the advantage.

I just reread myself, and I see that I have put all the top 8 favorites.
I hope I'm wrong, to have a great show and surprises before and during the world cup.

Good luck to everyone !

went 9/15 last year lets do this again
1/ xavgb vs 16/ blinkboy
2/ Catalystic vs 15/ Fardin
3/ MultiAmmiratore vs 14/ The Number Man
4/ Dragonillis vs 13/ Quantum Tesseract
5/ Andyboy vs 12/ Jrdn
6/ Akashi vs 11/ Redflix
7/ Chazm
vs 10/ abriel gabram
8/ MZ vs 9/ PinkDragonTamer

1/ xavgb vs 9/ PinkDragonTamer
2/ Catalystic
vs 7/ Chazm
3/ MultiAmmiratore vs 11/ Redflix
13/ Quantum Tesseract vs 12/ Jrdn

9/ PinkDragonTamer vs 12/ Jrdn
2/ Catalystic
vs 3/ MultiAmmiratore

12/ Jrdn vs 2/ Catalystic

xavgb let me down last year, former AAA TL Jrdn will triumph :smogduck:

e: fuck jrdn

Last edited:
Well, it's over for me.

I'm disappointed not to have gone far, but that's the game.
At least I don't have any regrets for this BO3.

When I started this year, I never expected to finish 4th on the circuit, or even qualify for Play Offs, despite not even taking it seriously in January.
I will come back next year, more patient, stronger, and hopefully a better builder, which might help me go further.

Congratz to Quantum Tesseract for winning our BO3, good luck for the quarterfinals !

A little S/o to MinoGod54, Gmansour20 and LaBalladeDesCieux for their help and their opinion.

See you at the world cup. Just a heads up, team France is motivated and will want to reach the Play-offs ! :blobwizard:

Redflix

Forgiven and Hanged
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

xavgb

:xavgb:
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Gonna ask for extension if that's even possible. Miscommunicated with blinkboy on scheduling beyond agreeing to play today (agreed a few hours ago) but I intended to catch him after his NFE series (about an hour ago). Unfortunately he went offline straight after finishing that series and idt he's coming back so i don't really know what to do now and I gotta sleep soon.

1606692401783.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)