CAP 2021 CAP Winter Seasonal - Round 5 (Losers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
2021 CAP Winter Seasonal
Since everyone's finished their matches early this week I figured I'd get the round up. Once again, those who won their match in the winner's bracket of last week get this week off, so enjoy the break. It's important to note that as per this thread Astrolotl has been nerfed and lost access to both Knock Off and Wish. You'll find the matchups below.

Matchups:

Roxiee  vs  Binacleisthebest
Blui  vs  Darek851
Noiptile  vs  Heaven Jay
velvet  vs  Rage.Spam.Quit.
againa  vs  snake_rattler
SHSP  vs  2spoopy4u
Lasen  vs  LpZ
iKiQ  vs  arn.av136

1st: 16 points
2nd: 13 points
3rd: 11 points
4th: 10 points
5th-6th: 9 points
7th-8th: 8 points
9th-12th: 7 points
13th-16th: 6 points
17th-24th: 5 points
25th-32nd: 4 points
33rd-48th: 3 points
49th-64th: 2 points
65th-96th: 1 points
CAP 29 Playtest

Single Elimination Tournament - April

:jumbao:CAP Summer Seasonals
Double Elimination Tournament- June

:tomohawk:CAP Swiss Tournament
Swiss Style Tournament - August
CAP 30 Playtest

Single Elimination Tournament - October

:equilibra:CAP 2021 Championship
Single Elimination Tournament with the top 12 players of the circuit - December

SS CAP Metagame Resources:
Intro to SS CAP | Viability Rankings | Sample Teams | Good Cores | Role Compendium | Sets

Please complete your matches before Sunday, February 21st at 11:59pm GMT-6.​

Last edited:

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Some heat matchups here, lets do a little predicting.

Roxiee vs. Binacleisthebest: Could be pretty close here, I fully expect this to go to 3 games. I'll pick Roxiee for his consistency.

Blui vs. Darek: Miasmaw is simply the best mon in the tier. Or at least that's what Darek told me.

Noiptile vs. Heaven Jay: Jay is a madman. I'm calling a blowout.

Velvet vs. Rage.Spam.Quit.: Velvet will win with a Pikachu and there is very little you can do about it.

againa vs. snake_rattler: This should be a fun one to watch. I'll call it for snake in 3.

SHSP vs. 2spoopy4u: All spoo needs to do is bring rain twice and he insta-wins.

Lasen vs. LpZ: The Greek God of Heat does it again. If I don't see Weather Ball on a mon that really shouldn't be running Weather Ball I will be upset.

iKiQ vs. arn.av136: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Matchups:

Roxiee  vs  Binacleisthebest - I really want to bold roxie just because I'm 99% sure binpin is about to get monotyped LMAO but I think this is a great case of two people with very defined playstyles that work well for them, and I honestly don't have a great idea who to bold
Blui  vs  Darek851 - Blui has brought the same two teams in all of his games the past two rounds (I guess two variants of the sand team, but does that count? no), and I don't like the matchup these teams have into what Darek typically has brought.
Noiptile  vs  Heaven Jay - I have not been a fan at all of what Noiptile has brought this tour; Jay has some weird building tendencies too, but I feel they're a safer bet.
velvet  vs  Rage.Spam.Quit. - admittedly I am not super familiar with RSQ, but velvet is really good at bringing slightly niche (read: not Pikachu) picks and having good success, and she's plenty capable of smacking people with standard too, so it's not like you can solidly rely on prepping in the builder
againa  vs  snake_rattler - snake has to win this to be able to play me in this tour, so
SHSP  vs  2spoopy4u - sort of a toss-up for me, but in my experience I think SHSP is slightly more stable when it comes to in-game decisions. I've seen a few too many "what in the fuck did I just watch" plays from spoopy
Lasen  vs  LpZ - Lasen is one of the people I think has the best chances of making it to finals, so yeh I'm not betting against him lol
iKiQ  vs  arn.av136 - neither player has looked particularly impressive, meh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)