2nd Annual Smogon Secret Santa Giveaway! (CLOSED, GIFT-GIVING UNDERWAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
approved by Nexus, banner by Blueforce

SECOND ANNUAL SMOGON SECRET SANTA GIVEAWAY!

You wanted it, and it's finally here! It's time for yet another round of Secret Santa! Esteemed year-round giver Eisenherz has a lot on his plate, but has given me his blessing in instigating this year's round of gift-giving fun! I hope you're ready to make a few Smogonites' Christmases a little more cheery!

THE RULES:
  1. From today until the 16th of December, or until we get a nice round number around that time, you sign up in this thread by filling out the survey below. Note the last three questions, as they are the most important!
  2. After signups close, you have until the 25th to get a Pokémon for your Secret Santa Recipient! Don't worry, I've got a spreadsheet to track who can give what to whom. Use the surveys for inspiration, or look through old posts in the forum! I'm sure they'll love any gift that has thought put into it, though.
    1. Please keep me updated on the status of gifts. If you can't manage to get something in time, let me know ASAP so I can find a substitute Santa.
  3. When Christmas arrives, the pairings will be announced! After that, you'll have a week to organize getting and receiving gifts from your various Santas. This is the best part of it all, so make it count!
While you all will be receiving gifts from your Secret Santas, we also will have a participation gift available for all who join the festivities! A Kantonian Exeggutor, courtesy of Eisenherz !

♀
1544207396822.png

Modest | Chlorophyll | Life Orb

IVs: 31/0/31/30/31/30 [HP Fire] (Hyper trained to 31/0/31/31/31/31)
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Solar Beam / Psyshock / Hidden Power Fire / Sunny Day
Egg moves: Ancient Power, Giga Drain, Synthesis, Grassy Terrain

Additionally, for all you Let's Go players we have a special bit of Christmas joy; this Kantonian Exeggutor was lovingly donated by myself and expertly cloned by that ivy guy for this giveaway!

♀

Modest | Lv. 50 (XL)
IVs: 31/X/31/31/30/31 | AVs: 200 (all but Atk)
Mega Drain | Psychic | Leech Seed | Reflect (PP Max all)

That's it; pretty simple, really. All that's left to do is to post the survey! Merry Christmas, and Happy Hunting!

• What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) :
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? :
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? :
  • What is your favourite colour? :
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon?
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? :
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike :
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? :
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? :
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? :
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? :
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? :
Signups:
  1. Xen
  2. BlackoutSLM
  3. Hare_vs_Tortoise
  4. Eisenherz
  5. Christian
  6. Tapu Koko Loko
  7. afset
  8. King Halcyon
  9. GC7
  10. Blueforce
  11. pilica12
  12. gaarasword
  13. LordDunsparce
  14. SegFault_92
  15. Draelok
  16. LerisaBebelabs
  17. LegoFigure11
  18. ManhoSteak
  19. Gallazard
  20. NixFaux

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Yay! Missed last year's SS, so can't wait to hop into this year.
  • What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Grass/Water/Bug
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Region: Johto / Game: B2W2
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Dive
  • What is your favourite colour? : Blue
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon?: Both
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Quirky
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : Probably the Ultra Ball if I had to pick, but there aren't any particular Pokemon or types I dislike.
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Casually, mostly
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Nah, I usually don't nickname
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : (Ultra)Sun/Moon
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : (Ultra)Sun/Moon
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : 4339-2618-2472, IGN Joe

I would love to participate again!
  • What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Fire/Poison/Bug
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Region: Hoenn/ Game: ORAS
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Heavy and Love
  • What is your favourite colour? : Red
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon?: Both
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Quiet
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : I don't like the Master ball and dislike Fighting types
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Casually
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Yes
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : (Ultra)Sun/Moon
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : (Ultra)Sun/Moon
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : 1950-8149-3966, IGN Cheila

Last edited:
Sounds like fun so count me in :)

• What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Like all types but Normal, Ghost, Dark have a slight edge over the others
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : ORAS as I love dexnaving
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Got to be Safari as it's the most frustrating one to collect
  • What is your favourite colour? : Green
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? Either
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Either Calm or Adamant
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : I guess Pokeball as I like colour matching and it doesn't really match that many mons
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Casually for VCG and competitively when I can for TCG
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Yes, just wish I was better at coming up with them
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : USUM
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : USUM
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : 2337 4440 4499 IGN: Theo

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks a lot for organizing it this year Ullar!! :D

I'll enter as well!
  • What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Grass, Fairy, Electric
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Johto/HeartGold
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Premier Ball
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? Cute
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Mild
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : I dislike Garchomp and Beast Balls... not a fan of Dragons in general but there are definitely exceptions (Drampa is awesome!)
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Competitively
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : No
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Either
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Either
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : 0619-6325-7591, Joki

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
  • What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Dragon, Ground, Water
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Ultra Sun
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Beast Ball
  • What is your favourite colour? : Red
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? Cute
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Naughty
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : Poke Ball
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Casually
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : USUM
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : Nintendo 3DS FC: 3969 - 8216 - 0927 | IGN: Chris
Here I am!

• What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Dragon, Psychic, Steel
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Hoenn
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Ultra Ball
  • What is your favourite colour? : Black
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Powerful
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Timid
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : In addition to the spotlight-hogging rat (but not its evo), I'd like to add Basculin, so pointless and forgettable it barely manages to exist
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Still a filthy casul
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Overall no, butI've started to nickname the teams that takes me through the games
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : just USUM
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : FC: 1736-1452-3455 IGN: Aravagantos

• What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Fire , Water , Grass
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Silver (Johto)
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Pokeball
  • What is your favourite colour? : Orange
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? Powerful
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Modest
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : I Hate pokemon not in original Pokeball
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Competitively (BSS)
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Sun/Moon
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Sun/Moon
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : IGN - afset 2896 1597 8664

• What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Bug, Normal, and Dark
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Gen II (Johto)
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Premier Ball
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Lax
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : I've never been fond of Greninja, Dragon types, and Beast Balls
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Competitively
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Yep!
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Sun/Moon
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : I can only gift in Sun/Moon
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? 2552-3341-6413 Tony

Never tried anything like this before so why not,
  • What are your favourite Pokémon types? : Dark, Ghost, and Steel
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Favourite Region: Sinnoh, Favourite game: Emerald
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : hmmmm, Perhaps Ultra Ball. When I saw Pokemon origins and Giovanni had Ultra Balls for his Rhyhorn and Rhydon I became a fan. Have always been a fan of Giovanni.
  • What is your favourite colour? : Burgundy
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Powerful
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Modest
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : Perhaps normal pokeball, they are just boring I think :P but I'm not really picky.
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : I play Battle Tree/Maison/Frontier, so, I guess casually.
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Not really, sometimes I do, but its very rare.
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Ultra Sun/Moon. I have Let's Go but I don't have anything good to offer there :(
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : (Ultra) Sun/Moon only.
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : FC is 2938-9470-3560 and IGN is Gustavo

Blueforce

Ungood
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I feel so out of the loop, is this really an annual thing?

• What are your favorite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Water, Psychic, Flying.
  • What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Hoenn region probably, HGSS hands down favorite games.
  • What is your favorite type of Pokéball? : Toss-up between Dive and Premier.
  • What is your favorite color? : Cyans and turquoises ...insert tacky joke about my screen name.
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Cute
  • I you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Naughty. Think gen 8 will add a Tired nature?
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : Not a fan of Probopass.
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Casual
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : All day, every day. One of my favorite parts of collecting Pokemon.
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/ Moon, or either? : USUM pls
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : USUM only for me.
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : 1435-7942-2494, Blueforce

pilica12

Buriallusion: Phantomic Killer in Night Mist
Sure, would love to join again. However, if I end up getting given one of the FBGA distributors again, I'm calling hax and blaming Eisen. :blobglare:

• What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Psychic, Dragon, Fairy
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, specifically PMD2. Favourite core series region goes to Johto for nostalgia's sake.
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Moon; this is unlikely to ever change.
  • What is your favourite colour? : Purple
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? ¿por qué no los dos? (I promise one day I will shed this joke)
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Quiet or Timid
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : I am the architect of the wondrous beauty (or terrifying abomination, depending on your point of view) known as Love Ball Shiny Espeon, so I don't think I'm entitled to disliking anything anymore.
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Competitive
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Depends. I love the creativity of others' nicknames, while wishing that I could come up with better than references to scientific species names.
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : USUM only
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : 0447-7096-3663, IGN Fate/Penelope/Desiree

I'd like to join again!

• What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Water, Fire, Dark
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Ultra Sun is still my fave.
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Luxury Ball
  • What is your favourite colour? : Cyan
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Timid
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : I dislike Delphox the least now.
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : I do enter the online competitions on PGL , so competitive
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Ultra Sun
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Only the Alola games
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : 2723-9571-7949 Yusaku.

Love the idea, let's become Santa Claus this year!!!
  • What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Water, Ground, Normal
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Diamond/Pearl and Sinnoh
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Moon Ball or Beast Ball
  • What is your favourite colour? : Yellow
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? Both, but if I had to choose I would say cute a little bit more
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Relaxed
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : I really hate Garbodor
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Casually with breeding and shiny hunting
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : No
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Ultra Sun
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Only the Alola games
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : 2079-7909-2501; Jose

I would love to participate again this year!

What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : steel, grass, fire
What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : my favourite region is Hoenn, and my favourite game is definitely Emerald
What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : premier ball
What is your favourite colour? : orange
Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? I don't have a preference
If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : probably quiet
Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : I don't like timer and repeat ball (due to their release animation)
Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : competitively
Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : If the nickname fits the theme of the pokemon I like it, if the nickname is just a name without any particular connection i don't.
Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : (ultra) sun/moon
Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : I can only receive gifts in (ultra) sun/moon
What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : SegFault 3926 9644 5676

Sound fun, I'd like to participate this time too!

• What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Ghost, Poison, Steel
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Sinnoh
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : classic Pokeball
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? Any pokemon
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Rash
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : Audino, Dusk and Timer balls
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : casually
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : no
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : I have Let's Go but prefer US/UM
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : US/UM
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : FC: 3798-0361-3010; IGN: Eridan

• What are your favourite Pokémon types? : Dragon, Steel, Flying
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Hoenn / Emerald and XD
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : I really, really love Safari Ball XD
  • What is your favourite colour? : Green, Black
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? Both. I love a strong and elegant mon hehe
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Jolly or Timid, I guess.
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : Pokeball lol.
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Both as I've been playing a lot of BSS lately and I've been replaying past gens for lols.
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Yes, although I find it hard to make really cute and unique nicknames.
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : I would want my gift in Ultra Moon pleaseeee
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : I can only give my gift through Ultra S/M rn :(
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : My FC is 1092-0045-2335 and my IGN is Leri.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
In
  • What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Dark, Psychic, Steel
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Orre
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Heavy (lol)
  • What is your favourite colour? : Black
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? All!
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Naive
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : love ball shiny Espeon (:blobglare: pilica12 )
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Comp
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Nah
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Either I guess
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : USM preferred
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : Multiple FCs, IGN Lego

• What are your favourite Pokemon types: Poison, Rock, Normal
  • What is your favourite Pokemon Region/game: Black and White Unova :)
  • What is your favourite type of Pokeball: I love the sesign of the Level ball
  • What is ur favourite colour?: Orange
  • Do U prefer cute or powerfull pokemon: I like both of them
  • If you were a Pokemon what nature would you be: adamant/stubborn
  • Name a typing, Pokeball or Pokemon U dislike: maybe Sabeleye Mega Water
  • Do you prefer to Play Pokemon competitively or cassualy: Competitiviely but I like playing casualy.
  • Do U like nicknames for Ur Pokemon: Yes
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Ultra Moon. I do not own a copy of Let's go
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : (Ultra) Sun/Moon only
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? :IGN: Tobias Friend Code: 5129-6118-2118

Last edited:
  • What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Dragon, Fire, Psychic
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : It’s a toss up between Hoenn and Sinnoh, Favorite game is Emerald
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Moon Ball
  • What is your favourite colour? : Green/Blue
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Quiet
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : There’s not much I really dislike, but maybe heal ball I guess
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Competatively
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Sometimes, but not usually
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Either
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, or either? : Ultra Sun/Moon
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : Friend Code: 4210-4168-7620, IGN: Will

• What are your favourite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Steel, Fighting, Ghost
  • What is your favourite Pokémon region or game? : Sinnoh/Kalos, Pokekon Platinum
  • What is your favourite type of Pokéball? : Heavy Ball/Moon Ball/Beast Ball
  • What is your favourite colour? : Blue/Purple
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Adamant
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : Bug Type
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Competitively (Doubles OU/Monotype)
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Yes, a nice Nickname would be greatly appreciated
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN? : 3454-1768-9682, NixFaux

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Excellent! That's 20 people; a good number!

I'm gonna start doing preliminary pairings after filling out the spreadsheet, but if anyone wants to sign up in the next 3 hours or so, more power to you!

EDIT: The results from the Secret Santa Generator I found online have been recorded! That being said, there is a couple sets of folks who are a closed loop, so if we could get one to three more people I'd really love it! Either way, I'll start sending out the details as to who you're getting a gift for soon.

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
The signups are now closed, I"m sending out the Gifter's PMs now! Cheers to all who applied!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
All Secret Santa PMs are out! If you need a little more time beyond the 25th, just let me know and we'll work something out. Sorry again about the short deadline, y'all. That being said, LET THE GIFTWRAPPING COMMENCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)