2nd RMT Post - Any critiques would be greatly appreciated

Which Mega would you want me to build a team around next?

• Absol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mawile

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Heracross

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Ampharos

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Garchomp

• Medicham

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello all. Well its been a couple of weeks since I last posted a RMT. So without further ado here is another team that I have fun with. Once again any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated as I'm always looking to improve my team building technique and incite.

Tyranitar
Ability: Sandstream
Nature: Sassy
EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Atk
Item: Lum Berry

- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
This Pokémon’s role on this team:

- My SR Setter and overall Special Def tank; very versatile lead allowing me to Pursuit trap or “phaze” my opponent into an oncoming SR
- Despite the nerf to weather in Gen VI, setting up a sandstorm can prove invaluable especially against those suicide leads like Galvantula and Smeargle
- Speaking of Smeargle, he along with Prankster Klefki are the reasons why Lum Berry is on this big boy; if the opponent tries to Spore Ttar they will get a rude surprise with a Crunch + Sandstorm combo effectively KOing Sash Smeargles and Prankster Klefki who try to T-wave him will be sad knowing they just wasted a turn allowing me to set up SR with impunity.

Klefki
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Calm
EV Spread: 252 HP / 126 SpD / 132 Def
Item: Red Card

- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle
- Spikes

- His ability is all that you need to know about the antics this little guy can pull, he’s like an Animaniac with a magic satchel, only comedy and hi-jinx are about to pursue next
- Flash Cannon is there as Klefki, despite Prankster T-Wave might get taunted, but also doubles as an SE attack on Fairies who try to switch in on Ttar
- The item is the final straw on Klefki, Red Card forces switches which, if SR is set up, will very much cause the incoming pokemon pain, combined with a possibility of 1-3 layers of spikes being put up and yes, my opponent is getting pelleted with all the chip damage in the world, and Recycle just adds to this corrupt soccer official

Gothitelle
Ability: Shadow Tag
Nature: Timid
EV Spread: 252 Sp / 252 SpA / 6 HP
Item: Choice Scarf

- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock

- Dude in Drag with a Scarf… sorry had to be said, but in all seriousness this guy makes people cry when they find out they’ve been set up
- Though Trick is common on these sets, in the end, Goth is here to take down threats to my team that might otherwise become a giant nuisance; I’m looking at Gastrodon, Swampert & Rotom-W to name a few
- That’s also why Scarf is on him, to outspeed Greninja and other blistering fast but frail pokemon before throw a wrench in my plans
->

Charizard -> Mega Charizard Y
Ability: Solar Power -> Drought
Nature: Naive
EV Spread: 252 SpA / 252 Sp / 6 HP
Item: Charizardite Y
Moves:

- Dragon Pulse
- Solar Beam
- Flare Blitz
- Focus Blast

- Hello Wallbreaker!!! Y-zard leaves a trail of scorched Earth and broken bones in his wake… ok enough of the rhetoric, this guy aims to do one thing, Sweep!
- Prefer Flare Blitz over Fireblast due to reliability, considered Flamethrower but also wanted a Physical attack in my movepool so that I don’t let Special Defense Walls that require a 2HKO to Toxic or Paralysis me.

- I think the fact that I Mega into this guy instead of X-zard catches a lot of people off guard; not that I'm complaining but I wish I had a dime everytime someone switched a Fairy in on me $$$

Salamence
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Hasty
EV Spread: 252 Atk / 252 Sp / 6 HP
Item: Life Orb
Moves:

- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Flamethrower

- If Charizard is Batman at wallbreaking then this guy is Robin… on steroids… or Venom… point is his the Physical Wallbreaker that makes Blissey, Sylveon, Goodra and others cry
- Flamethrower is there to cover Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Forretress who think they can safely switch in on Salamence, which receives a nice boost when Sun is out

- Once he's at +2, only an Ice Shard or a Scarfed Ice Beam/Dragon Pulse is taking this WMD down

Excadrill
Ability: Sand Rush
Nature: Hasty
EV Spread: 252 Atk / 252 Sp / 6 HP
Item: Air Balloon
Moves:

- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

- My hazard remover who can also double as a fast physical attacker in the sand
- Since we went Sand Rush over Mold Breaker, Shadow Claw is on this set to handle ghost spinblockers
- Air Balloon comes in nicely as my mole can switch into an oncoming EQ with impunity even if (I'm looking at you Excadrill) the opponent is running Mold Breaker

Hello.

Thanks in advance for the request and nice team you have here. Couple of issues I see one of them mainly is that your team doesn't have much speed so to help remedy that I recommend you Try out Dragon Dance over Crunch on Salamence, Crunch has pretty redundant coverage and it's not necessary as you have Tyranitar for hitting Ghost Types.You could also try Choice Scarf Salamence it's up to you which ever you prefer of the two.

I recommend you try out Alakazam over Gothitelle as it is extremely fast and it completely outclasses Gothitelle in any way. And it hits harder than Gothitelle and is inmune to Sandstorm which can help you out.

Run Focus Blast over Dragon Pulse on Charizard , I think Dragon Pulse has pretty redundant coverage and I think Heatran is more problematic to Zard Y than Dragons mainly.

Sorry if this rate is not very good, I'm kind of tired as I have 2 days sleepless.

Alakazam set:

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EV's: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
-Psyshock
-Focus Miss Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Fire/Dazzling Gleam

Good Luck and have fun with the team!

Shadow Claw on Excadrill isn't all that useful. The premier Spinblocker is Aegislash nowadays, so Earthquake is better for that.
For other ghosts, STAB EarthQuake is more powerful that 2x Shadow Claw. Use Rock Slide (To revenge Talon incase TTar is down) or Iron Head (For Specially defensive fairies.

Hi there.

I think Rock Slide produces better coverage on Excadrill than Shadow Claw does. I also don't know why Excadrill's nature is hasty rather than adamant/jolly. Your whole team dies an unholy death to Azumarill. With that said, I'd recommend you replace Salamence with a mixed Kyurem Black. Kyurem is an excellent wallbreaker, which Excadrill appreciates (it appears your goal here it to sweep with Excadrill), and also Knocks Azumarill flat with Fusion Bolt. It can also ease the pain Greninja induces to your team.

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Naive/Hasty Nature
Teravolt
EVs: 100 Atk/ 180 SAtk / 226 Spe
-Fusion Bolt
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Roost

Hope I helped(:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)