Multi-gen 2v2 Doubles Premier League I - Managers Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by ti

1589839062642.png

Art by Datsplashtho
2v2 Doubles Premier League I
Welcome to the first-ever edition of the 2v2 Doubles Premier League! If you wish to manage in the 2v2 Doubles Premier League, you must sign up in this thread. The 2v2 Doubles Premier League is a 4-week event at minimum and has the potential to stretch on a bit further depending on tiebreak situations. Only sign up if you can be active for the this time. For general guidelines on what to do and what not to do, refer to Luigi's guidelines here.

What is 2v2 PL? It is a 2v2 Doubles team tour where 4 teams will compete head-to-head against each other after drafting a team using a given salary. Players will play against one another in specific formats, earning wins for their team. Whichever team wins more in a week wins the week. If you would like to apply for a manager position, you must signup here using the following format:

Code:
PS! name:
Team name:
Why would you be a good manager?:
Manager info
  • Managers must be able to participate in an auction to draft their team.
  • Managers must select the lineup for the week, and send it to me before the week starts. If you don't think you can do this for the duration of 2v2PL I (it's honestly not that complicated), do not sign up.
  • Managers are responsible for their team's behavior. Make sure members of your team are abiding by the rules and remain active.
  • Managers are expected to facilitate substitutions when necessary.
  • Any player can sign up as long as they are not Tourbanned.
  • Managers count as players for their team.
  • The tournament is likely to last 4 to 6 weeks.

No one is explicitly banned from being a manager in PL. However, the hosts, Arai and I, will be choosing good leaders to be managers. Players with a history of being toxic or troublemakers will be much less likely from being chosen as managers. This is for both the hosts who will have to work with the managers a lot and for the potential teams they lead. Please note that having any kind of racist, offensive, disrespectful, or inappropriate name will disqualify your entry. We will be picking 4 managers.

The Deadline to sign up as a manager will be Friday, May 15th, at 3 PM GMT-4. You are required to join our discord server if you want to manage.

Last edited:

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PS! name: Yami
Team name: Alcoholic Haxorus
Why would you be a good manager?: Been in many team tours and active in 1v1 and played sm 2v2. Currently manging for omfl. I know how a team should work and get them to victory.

Last edited:

IBM

Banned deucer.
PS! name: Lkjc
Team name: Snazzy Snomrades
Why would you be a good manager?: I am involved in the 2v2 room and I know a lot of the 2v2 community. I also have experience managing in 1v1 clashes which often include a 2v2 slot. I know how to play all 3 2v2 gens so I can help my teammates with building. I’ve also won multiple forum 2v2 tours so I’m experienced in winning. :3

Tol

Retirement house
ay it me the hee hee hee
The Goated Gourgeist
I’ve been around 2v2 off and on for quite a while, and I’ve played for enough good and awful pl teams to know the do’s and don’ts of managing
I’m also really active on ps, discord, and smogon
EDIT: I will send a selfie of user: DEG with a catgirl filter to mubs if I am picked

pqs

Banned deucer.
PS! name: pqs
Team name: :darmanitan: Don't-Actually-Let-Me-Manage Darmanitans :darmanitan:
Why would you be a good manager?: :pimp: i managed the deluxe dustox and my win/loss differential had a five SOMEWHERE in it but i can't tell you where don't look at the sheet kthx

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Ps name: ayedan
Team name: Scrappy Skarmories
Why would you be a good manager?: managed US East to the finals in WC, managed OMWC us central, co managing the Dwebbles rn in OMFL (who are in 1st rn). I know the playerbase well and I have ton of experience in general :).

PS! name: zioziotrip
Team name: Hotshot Heatmors
Why would you be a good manager?: I’ve been fairly active in 2v2 for a good part of the gen. I’m very active I can make sure my team is playing their games w/ proper support and I can get lus on time. I know what players do well and how to form a team that won’t be at each-other’s throats.

SolarflareRo

Banned deucer.
PS! name: SolarflareRo
Team Name: Mukbanging ur mom Muks
Why: pretty much best 1v1er and in 2v2 my skill doubles which makes the difference between me and other players bigger+i have more managing experience than 69% of the other players and unlike pqs my team actually didint suck

PS! name: LuckyPiper
Team name: Ahegao Alcremies
Why would you be a good manager?: I am literally the greatest player to ever touch Pokemon. I've seen every anime, managed in some discord tours and mono BLT, and i have a really cute profile picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)