Multi-gen 2v2 Doubles Premier League III - Week 5

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rules:

On Deadline & Match Completion

All players must complete their matches by Sunday 7th of August 23:59 PM GMT-4. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, the game will be dead. NO Extensions will be granted.

On Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription.
Challenge codes for all the 2v2 Doubles Old Gens, make sure you're using it correctly:

Gen 7: /challenge gen7doublesou @@@ Accuracy Moves Clause, Z Move Clause, Sleep Clause Mod, Gravity Sleep Clause, -Focus Sash, -Tapu Lele, +Snorlax, -Salamence-Mega, -Gengar-Mega, -dark void, -Perish Song, -Final Gambit, -Ally Switch, Team Preview, Picked Team Size=2, Max Team Size = 4

Gen 6: /challenge gen6doublesou @@@ Accuracy Moves Clause, Gravity Sleep Clause, -Focus Sash, -Perish Song, -Final Gambit, -Kangaskhan-Mega, -Ally Switch, Team Preview, Picked Team Size=2, Max Team Size = 4

Gen 5: /challenge gen5doublesou @@@ Accuracy Moves Clause, -Focus Sash, -Kingdra, -Final Gambit, -Perish Song, -Ally Switch, Team Preview, Picked Team Size=2, Max Team Size = 4

:genesect: DOOM's Lab (2) vs (4) :indeedee-f: IRA Indeedees
SS: Hugo47850 vs Potatochan
SS: Despacito87 vs Urfgurgle
SS: RobDog747 vs martinvtran
SM: Mubs vs Trashuny
ORAS: a fruitshop owner vs crow crumbs
BW: Grandmaster7890 vs D2TheW

:regidrago:Redacted Regidragos (4) vs (2) :talonflame: Transcendent Talonflames

SS: Orangex733 vs beauts
SS: Phantomistix vs Adam3560
SS: Milo vs Crunchman
SM: lancert vs Chris32156
ORAS: Reece vs yuki
BW: Vrji vs Lumii

:rillaboom: RIDE-OR-DIE RILLABOOMS (1) vs (4) :ponyta: Team Horse 2.0
SS: swag god vs papiloco
SS: zo vs Mishimono
SS: Nick.see vs Fragments
SM: pqs vs Morgan
ORAS: STABLE vs za
BW: zioziotrip vs Tenzai

Last edited:

Fragments

Finish the story
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
won in 4 ggs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1632596224-1qv9u9hzu4f0hnf207yices0bvyqj2npw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1632597787-q0a99jzmcxx06h1thh1ywobb31atk2wpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1632599464-f4m7u6cahtfiwzmfhlyz0uftalk2h1hpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1632602442-sr3q4mv4b8guc4005a22bx7yk5mkr05pw

Well, this is the end of the road for team horse. A shame we couldn't do better but I still had fun. Some quick shoutouts to the fam:
Thank you both for drafting me, wish I coulda done even better for y'all but hey 3-2 isn't too shabby is it? Hope I get to play for you both again in the future and good luck next year.
My fated rival. I told papiloco to sign up so that we could continue our epic rivalrly and then we get drafted to the same team LOL. Was cool to be on the same side for once, but now we can finally return to the hoe smacking >:)
za is cool, I like za. Somehow picked up old gen 2v2 faster than most people could've so he deserves big props. Hope to see you in more 2v2 tours bro.
1659674663390.png
See y'all in the next two versus two metagame tournament o/

Hugo

Rain Main (+2 GMT)
is a Tiering Contributor
Since this is the end for the tour for us I thought I would make an ending post or whatever you wanna call it. I really wanna give a huge thanks to Grandmaster7890 , TTTech , Mubs , a fruitshop owner and RobDog747 and also of course a huge shoutout and thanks to Despacito87 for being my co-manager and doing this with me. For me personally I kinda did what I set out to do which was not to become last and having a fun time with some good games since that is what for me Pokemon is all about. Again I was really happy to see us not coming last since we were looking back at it the worst people to manage since we didn’t know anyone nor did we ever play 2v2 old gens and we had of course some strange player picks since they were somewhat unknown especially in tour so it's great to see us somewhat triumph over some the more established players this tour. In terms of the thanks for the individual players:

While having a rough tour you kept playing and not letting yourself get down which I maybe respect the most in a player, thanks for playing for us man.
While we haven’t really talked much during the tour I do really want to thank you for helping me and the team out with the replay scouter you made so big thanks for that.
You really played well and we got you without a doubt for an absolute bargain and I hope to see you more in upcoming tours. And also a big thanks for playing endless test games with me and being open for criticism and using teams from others. Also you just jumped in to fill our BW gap in week 5 which I really respect. Thanks for playing man
I didn’t really know you when I drafted you besides from a Bo5 we played once randomly in the 2v2 room and I was actually pretty impressed. You actually surprised me with your tour presence, the games you won were great and the ones you lost were closely fought and still well played. I also really hope to see you in a tour again.
While also having a somewhat tough tour run you also didn’t give up which I really respect. I wish I could have seen more of you in this tour but I am sure I will see more of you in upcoming tours.
Thanks for doing this with me and I hope we can do this stuff more in the future. While maybe this wasn’t as glorious as our ghosting tour win I believe we make a great team
The reason why IBM didn’t really get mentioned here is because of a whole debacle that I don’t think is worth giving attention since no one will get better from that and while I don’t appreciate what happened I do appreciate IBM for playing the first 3 weeks so I want thank IBM for that.
And lastly I think it's a shame that I didn’t get to continue my somewhat rivalry with Adam3560 and Chris32156 this tour for something like the finals like we did in the ladder tour and the ghosting tour but I am definitely rooting for you guys and for the Talonflames so go get that win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)