Multi-gen 2v2 Pool League I - Finals [Won by the Pogging Porygons]

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
approved by Ransei
art by cleffa

Welcome to the Finals of 2v2 Pool League I! Here are this week's matchups:

Format:
  • The teams that are in this tournament will be split into two pools of three teams.
  • Each player will face two opponents in this round, based on their slotted spot. Who you face is largely determined by what generation you are slotted into, for the oldgens, and the 3 slots of Sword and Shield will be chosen at random.
  • The top 2 teams from each pool will move onto the next round. They will be seeded by the number of wins. In that, it becomes more akin to the typical semifinals and finals you may be familiar with if you have ever played in a team tournament. The winners of #1 v #4 and #2 vs #3 face each other in the finals to decide a winner.
  • You may substitute when needed, but you are limited to 4 substitutions within the pools phase.

Simulator:

Smogtours is generally preferred for tournament games, but Pokémon Showdown is fine as well.

Challenge codes for all the 2v2 Doubles old gens, make sure you're using it correctly:

Gen 7: /challenge gen7doublesou @@@ Accuracy Moves Clause, Z Move Clause, -Focus Sash, -Tapu Lele, +Snorlax, -Perish Song, Team Preview, Picked Team Size=2, Max Team Size = 4

Gen 6: /challenge gen6doublesou @@@ Accuracy Moves Clause, -Focus Sash, -Perish Song, -Final Gambit, -Kangaskhan-Mega, Team Preview, Picked Team Size=2, Max Team Size = 4

Gen 5: /challenge gen5doublesou @@@ Accuracy Moves Clause, -Focus Sash, -Kingdra, -Final Gambit, -Perish Song, Team Preview, Picked Team Size=2, Max Team Size = 4

:porygon: Pogging Porygons (4) vs (1) :mudbray:Team Mule
SS: lvl100Blaziken vs Le Creme Brule
SS: Mishimono vs papiloco
SS: Adam3560 vs Ainzcrad
SM: BlanchedAlmond vs London13
ORAS: crow crumbs vs Gray
BW: D2TheW vs Lasen

The deadline to play all games will be one week, or until Sunday, September 26th, at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-4). Extensions will not be given, teams must instead substitute out players should they and their opponent not be able to find suitable times to play. Activity wins and losses will be given based on host discretion. Also, replays are required for the development of the metagame.

Last edited:

Fragments

Finish the story
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
won in 4 vs Morgan ggs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1424463669
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1424466154
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1424467530
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1424469144

LOOK MOM AND DAD I WON A GAME

Shoutouts to BlanchedAlmond D2TheW crow crumbs for winning yet ANOTHER pl together femboys really do be on top

Shoutouts to Sanshokuinsumireko and STABLE for being the only people to pass me viable teams this tour y'all are truly goats

Shoutouts to Adam3560 for snorting an ungodly amount of crack cocaine and learning the whole meta in a day I wish I had that work ethic

Shoutouts to Mishimono. Mish.

Shoutouts to Arai for being a stellar host this tour was a blast

And lastly shoutouts to all the rest of my femboy hoothoots pogging porygons WE WON BOYS

LET'S GO BOYS WE DID IT PORYS ON TOP.

This month has been an absolute roller coaster, I went from not wanting to join the tour, to signing up after Blanched saying they'd draft me, then getting drafted and having the most fun I've ever had in a tournament.

As happy as I am to win the first team tour I played in, I've fallen in love and am on a streak of self improvement so I likely won't be on discord much, if possible I'd like to transfer my discord nitro to STABLE for his help in finals preparation, I doubt I could've won my series without their help.

Thanks to everyone for this amazing experience, someone please draft me when the next tour rolls around.

ok time to type out a huge thanks post, never done this before so bear with me

first off, huge thank you to D2TheW for agreeing to manage another teamtour with me, at this point i think we're just a blessed combo. the femboy spirit wouldn't exist without you

second, i cannot stress enough how much the support from STABLE and Kaif helped, you guys weren't on the team but without you we wouldn't have nearly as high quality teams as we did, thank you so much

lvl100Blaziken you only won one game for 15k, but it was the last game we needed to take the tour so you were worth every credit <3 happy for your back to back 2v2 tour wins

crow crumbs you were the only reason i ever got anything built in vc but ur also very mean to me so it was 50/50, just like ur record :joy: jk in all seriousness thank you for picking up the least interesting meta out of your own volition and not going turbo negative

Mishimono we didn't talk a whole lot but you were our ss ace and i appreciate having you as a reliable slot to fall back on, especially when it mattered in semis

Adam3560 i have never regretted a mid-draft 3k pickup less in my life, you exceeded all expectations going 3-1 on top of winning a crucial finals game and learning an entire meta in less than a week, i wish you nothing but good luck in your self improvement

blittius pannuracotta Micoy you guys were the cheerleading backbone of the team, i wish i would've had more opportunities to sub you in but we barely made it out of pools as it was. thank you all anyway for being so supportive

again, thank you all for your support and im sorry if i missed anybody (i dont think i did), i'd like to end this post by asking the sm council to please ban ally switch so i can build a team without heat wave

femboys on TOP

D2TheW

Amadán
Meant to do this Monday but uni had me busy. Ngl I was pretty univested in this going in, but considering that I'd never made semis of a teamtour I was pretty delighted to win this. Now the s/os

BlanchedAlmond blessed combo frfr. Going from 5-7 in pools to winning the tour is some real femboy shit. Also thanks for locking down the sm slot. Always a pleasure to manage with you mate. Femboys. On. Top.

crow crumbs the next part of the femboy core. Sorry for making you team with me again but we won this time!!!! I still don't understand what you see in oras but you got the wins we needed in the slot so you the goat. Always fun to team with you too, at least when you're not mass deleting your fucking messages.

lvl100Blaziken the last part of the femboy core four. You were a useless fuck for 3 weeks but none of that matters though because you got the redemption arc. I was also obligated to draft you so you couldn't beat my ass for the 6th time.

Adam3560 the fucking goat. The best 3k I've ever spent. Your 2 wins in pools were as big as the heart attack I nearly had when you almost got act called in finals.

pannuracotta l2p

Mishimono this tour was obviously low priority for you but it was still good to have you on board. I had to free you from Morgans grasp so you could win one of these.

Blitz my boy

Micoy hi

Kaif STABLE couldn't have done it without you fellas. Enjoy your nitro.

Arai cheers for hosting

Mubs cheers for remembering to start the tour

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)