Invalid 2v2 Random Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be fun and a great idea if Showdown had a random multi battle instead of making us choose Free For All

My suggestion would be, if this does become a thing, giving the Host the options
•to choose his partner and his opponents,
•making every player random
•or only choose an opponent while the partners on each site is random
would be a good idea giving its versatile options

And if a partner suddenly decides to leave the game then i think the other one who hasnt left the game should be able to continue the game with either his own party members or also get to play with his partners team instead of making the game end instantly.

Coming from a pokemon discord server where people always have random battles and wish to do a tag team, I think this would benefit everyone

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
The Multi Random Battle format already exists, its challenge only currently due to logistical issues with a 2v2 format including but not limited to:
- How do we handle accusations of cheating/throwing between teammates?
- How do we handle disconnects?
- How do we rank an individual user on the ladder when they can have many teammates?
- - Or do we not bother and just rank pairs?
- Do we allow users to choose their teammates?
- And probably more I can't recall off the top of my head.

This is why its not done yet, but there are plans for 2v2 formats with teams and 2v2 formats on the ladder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)