Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Roar
- Toxic

I'm still playing around with the absence of Ice Beam.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 36 Spd / 156 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Rest
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

Swampert doesn't do shit to me anyway, so HP Grass isn't really needed.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 44 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

The mop and bucket.

Edit: Also trying out CBTAR - 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed

Edit2: I was also considering Sludge Bomb on Venusaur, but I'd either be losing to Swampert (Minus Razor Leaf) or Skarmory/Forretress (Minus HP Fire). What do you think?

Nice team; I'm having a hard time finding a weakness to any one specific pokemon. Because Pert doesn't carry Ice Beam, I want to say Zapdos or SpecialMence might be a problem, but Regice (and even Venusaur to a lesser extent) take care of them.

If Skarm were to be trapped by Maggy, you'd still have a very reliable defense in Pert (200 def, excessive? I don't think so).
Calmmind/Psychic/Leech Seed/Recover Celebi looks potentially annoying, but the combination of Zap's Toxic in a Sandstorm and Regice pretty much shut that idea down. Not to mention you also carry TTar.

Keep HP:Fire because the only notable weakness on your team is Spikes and you lack of a spinner. Either go Forry>Skarm and lose a Phazer (does get reflect though) or go with MixTar for coolness. But I'd definitely suggest the former over the latter.

Amazing team as always. Good job.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
What's your opinion on a general TTar moveset choice, with nothing else on the team changed?

I generally don't run CBers without any wish support, to make sure they can switch in to more, vappy would be over swampert, but it doesnt have the defense that pert does, so I say keep it the same.

I'd say either some variety of mxtar or viltar > ddtar. Only because cb without wish is generally not a very good idea, like rubber said, and it provides for greater coverage. I played around with this team and I found that if you do run ddtar, it be best to provide enough def/hp to an survive adamant duggy quake.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
This team looks like VIL's Golden Girl team revamped.

252 HP/56 Def or 240 HP/64 Def (this one conserves 4 EVs at the cost of a tiny difference in the damage you take from special attacks.)

I find the second EV set superior for that single stat point you get.

evs for your.

EVs: 252 HP / 224 Atk / 32 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

or

EVs: 172 HP / 156 Atk / 180 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

those are just the evs I run. 384 hp/343 atk/297 spatk.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
I'm quite sure Synchronize was replying to the advice of "EVs to survive Dugtrio" for his DDTar, though, which I have provided without including the attack and speed EVs.

The second Tyranitar also needs 252 HP, or it is too frequently broken by Blissey. I do like your choices for attack and spattack, though.

VIL had Taunt Skarmory for a reason, and that was to ensure that all of his team could prevent other Skarmory from spiking on his Rapid Spin-less team. He also ran max speed and jolly, meaning that no other Skarm would ever be able to switch in and spike freely. (Unless they were equally crazy in running that much speed!) ATM, the only thing that Skarm has a free switchin on is your own Skarm. You might want to look into that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)