Metagame 350 Cup

One thing lots of people overlook here are that A) Ubers are still a thing, and B) that weather still exists. So im here to go ahead and forget everything i learned while playing this OM and make probably 50 errors yes

Sun

Setters
Groudon - 100/150/140/100/90/90; Practically the best Pokemon with its Primal, so most people will expect to see it rather than standard. Hits like a truck, takes hits like a tank, and has probably the best movepool to do what it wants to do.
Vulpix - 76/82/80/100/130/130; Can carry Pain Split for semi-reliable recovery and set up burns much more easily than Lava Plume via Will-O-Wisp, as well as being a faster Sun setter who is more specially oriented. Struggles to beat Kyogre, Pogre, Kyurems, hell, doesn't really have any offensive presence besides maybe hitting Stufful pretty hard with Fire Blast.

Abusers Phys
Deerling- The only real one besides something like Ho-Oh, which just likes Water damage reduced and bonus Sacred Fire damage, that really benefits and is physical. Chlorophyll plus dual STAB that works against nearly every type, and Jump Kick to work against those that those two can't hit means you hit everything pretty damn hard. You also outspeed Xerneas in Sun after Geomancy and can speedtie with Deoxys Normal and Attack.

Abusers Spec
Nuzleaf - Odd, but workable movepool catered towards mixed offenses, but both of its best STAB moves are Special, so I'll place him here (less useful overall than Lombre for Rain, see ahead). Nature Power can help in terrains, while Extrasensory hits several Poisons like Koffing and Toxapex. Rock Slide can help with Ho-Oh, which otherwise hard walls Nuzleaf. Also, Growth can get a bit busted if you can keep Sun up.
Charmander - Spoken of in the base post of this thread, Z-Sunny Day with Solar Power's a cool niche while hitting like a goddamn truck using magic. Just don't expect to kill Ho-Oh without Hidden Power Rock, and get walled by Heatran without Hidden Power Ground.
Helioptile - More niche pick that can also be a tool to beat Rain via Dry Skin. A limited movepool with Thunderbolt, Hyper Voice, Surf, Dark Pulse, and Grass Knot being your best bets past Hidden Power, but also can run a bit of a support set with Thunder Wave or Glare and Volt Switch or U-Turn for pivoting.

Rain

Setters
Kyogre - 100/100/90/150/140/90; Similarly to Pdon most people may expect a Primal Kyogre, but regular Kyogre is also fairly common. Calm Minds tons or can run Scarf Water Spot, or RestTalk for a more defensive set to keep setting rain into a match.
Pelliper - 60/50/100/95/70/65; Can carry recovery and pivoting through U-Turn, as well as a nice immunity to Pdon's main STAB in Precipice Blades or Earthquake. Past that, it's basically fully outclassed.

Abusing Phys
Buizel - 110/130/70/120/60/170; Can struggle due to a lack of Swords Dance or attacking moves besides Pursuit, STAB options, and Ice Punch, but can Pursuit trap a few mons, possibly go mixed with Ice Beam, can Switcheroo items away from things like Xerneas (but shits itself once it realizes that Xern is Fairium).
Kabutops - 60/115/105/65/70/80; Can trouble Pdon with Z-Stone Edge and threaten most physical walls or fat in the physical department ones like Koffing, Pawniard, or Scraggy by hitting hard in the rain with Waterfall and/or setting up on fat things with little offensive presence with Swords Dance.

Abusing God
Lombre - 120/100/100/120/140/100; A varied movepool including oddities like all three of the Elemental Punches, Knock Off, Ice Beam, and STAB attacks for both Physical and Special sets, Lombre's cool. Nature Power works for running alongside something like Thunder Tapu Koko to give a more specially inclined Lombre a bit better coverage, as well as being able to take on Primal Groudon fairly well since it isnt weak to Stone Edge, yet still resists Precipice Blades, takes neutral damage from Lava Plume with great 120/140 Special bulk, and has a neutral healing move to damage Pdon while chipping at it (or while protectstalling with Leech Seed).
Respekt Lombre.

Abusers Special
Psyduck, Finneon, Mantyke - Variable; They all fill pretty similar roles; Psyduck hits harder than the others and is probably the best raw offensive one, Finneon carries Defog but the offensive stats are pathetic alongside a bad movepool, and Mantyke is a better defensive wall but is capable of taking Pdon on outside of Rain due to a resistance to Lava Plume and not taking damage from Precipice. If you don't want to use Lombre, the best bet for a real offensive one is Psyduck with access to Calm Mind and Psychic for a bit more presence.

Sand

Setters
Tyranitar - 100/134/110/95/100/61; Still as good as ever. Struggles to take too many hits due to a bad defensive typing and no recovery, but has a much stronger offensive presence than Hippopotas, can Pursuit Trap the likes of Aegislash, Frillish, and non-HP Fighting Abra and Gastly.
Tyranitar-Mega - 100/164/150/95/120/71; Takes up your Mega slot, can't effectively beat other Weather setters bar its weaker non-mega'd self (who can still run Scarf Superpower or just Smooth Rock to outclass it). Not great, but its stats definitely can compete, but it struggles with taking Fighting hits.
Hippopotas - 108/112/118/78/82/72; Essentially a slightly more specially fat and faster Hippowdon, can run Slack Off for recovery, which is the only reason it's capable of competing with Tyranitar besides a typing that doesn't leave it weak to Xerneas's Moonblast and Solgaleo's Sunsteel Strike.

Abusers (they're all physical...)
Drilbur - 120/170/80/60/90/136; Faster and higher damage output than Excadrill, but lacks a bit of the coverage from Iron Head and loses many resistances also from the lack of Steel typing. Also functions as a spinner.
Excadrill - 110/135/60/50/65/88; Can help check things such as Primal Groudon, Clefairy, Spritzee, and Xerneas lacking Focus Miss sheerly through Steel typing and good Speed, but is noticeably slower and weaker than Drilbur. Also can function as a Spinner, like its devolved counterpart.
Sandshrew - 100/150/170/40/60/80; Functions better as a sand-abusing Spinner than Drilbur or Excadrill, but lacks the damage that they'll do either through lower Attack and Speed than Drilbur, or the lack of good extra typing and STAB Iron Head like Excadrill has.

Hail

Setters
Snover - 120/124/100/124/120/80; harder-hitting mixed Weather setter. Too bad it basically dies to nearly every Ubers mon that's good, dying to PDon, Dialga, Xerneas with Geomancy, Mewtwo with both forms, and a long list of 350 cup-buffed mons like Pawniard, Mienfoo, Scraggy, Stufful, et cetera.
Vulpix-Alola - 76/82/80/100/130/130; Faster and can carry Aurora Veil. Still dies to a bunch of things, notably Steels including Solgaleo.

Abusers
Kyurem-White - 125/120/90/170/100/95; Hits like a truck with Blizzard, and you already know how hard it hits since it doesn't change in 350 cup! Can struggle with breaking a few of the superbulky walls like Mantyke, but they struggle to do anything back to you, so just keep clicking Blizzard until they send in one of the many base 100 or faster speed Steels like Pawniard.
Sandshrew-Alola - 100/150/180/20/70/80; Can double up for Aurora Veil, Swords Dance is pretty cool, Icicle Crash + Iron Head is cool, and can carry Rock Slide + Earthquake for great coverage thanks to being a Sandshrew still. Also can function as a Spinner, decent defensive typing thanks to Steel typing.
Cubchoo - 110/140/80/120/80/80; Only niche over Sandshrew is the possibility of running a Mixed set and a different possible movepool with Superpower, Play Rough, and Low Kick. Also doesn't have Icicle Crash, sadly :[

If I made any errors just remind me of how bad I am at making Smogon posts, its been a little while since I've played any serious 350 Cup games with anyone with a brain.

Hey, so interesting thing from testing in-game... Wishiwashi cannot truly faint from having solo forms HP being doubled. When School form drops down to below 25% HP for that form, the HP stat becomes higher, so the game adds to its current HP, causing it to transform back to School form (as it will always be above 25% HP in this specific case). Eventually (it looks like after the first "faint") Wishiwashi will reach 0 HP and still be on the field. It stays in school form, and cannot be targeted, and cannot make a move.
Pro tip: when reporting the inevitable bugs that exist in ROM's gameplay, please PM me on ROM or main or on my Smogon profile or something rather than hoping that I'll stumble across it in the forums. I've fixed ROM's code and it also now shows the right stats in !dt too.

Would Trapinch (90/200/90/90/90/20) or Diglett (20/110/50/70/90/190) be better for trapping?
Diglett. Diglett's speed allows it to outspeed almost every pokemon without +1 speed boost. You can revenge kill easy compared to slow trapinch, which always take hit before attack.

Diglett. Diglett's speed allows it to outspeed almost every pokemon without +1 speed boost. You can revenge kill easy compared to slow trapinch, which always take hit before attack.

On the flip side to this, in a meta where Base 100 Defense and 100 HP together isn't an uncommon sight, if not even a bit LOW, 110 base Attack is very lackluster and won't be nailing any kills anytime soon with its poor coverage.

It's a choice of "Do I want to have the speed to maybe get a kill or two, or do I want raw power to ENSURE that I get these kills, but likely only get 1 kill per game?"

Scraggy @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Ability: Intimidate / Shed Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out / Detect
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Toxic / Rest

Good god is this thing bulky.

Stats: 100 / 150 / 140 / 70 / 140 / 96

I invested in special defense because of Intimidate (which lowers the opponents' attack by 1)
Shed Skin is for if you don't want a Chesto Berry
And yeah, this thing is a severe wall, both physically and specially

Zorua might have a little potential as a special sweeper if you position your team so Illusion is actually useful before you make a move.

Omg missingno is op plz ban
Stats: 66 / 272 / 0 / 12 / 12 / 58

Now for the real part.
Drifloon: 180 / 100 / 68 / 120 / 88 / 140
Drifloon gets an amazing HP stat, surprisingly good attack, good special attack, and a high speed tier. Unburden is almost unnecessary or this thing, so you are free to run Flare boost sets if you want, but it's special movepool is a little lacking, plus there's already been a post on Flare boost Drifloon. Here's a sample Unburden set I think might have potential:

Drifloon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 SpA / 196 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond

And that's all folks. Keep in mind that i have not tested this, so it might not be good.

ily
i dunno what to say about such a development
we were really saved
i almost gave up and it really came
ty so much
i never thought the game would come that we will finally get a ladder
its like a dream come true

Trapinch @ Groundium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Superpower

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

Bronzor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Psywave
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Spritzee @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 4 SpA / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Slowpoke @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 4 SpA / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Vibrava @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 132 SpD / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

OR

Trapinch @ Groundium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Superpower

Gastly @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

Bronzor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Psywave
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Spritzee @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 4 SpA / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Mareanie @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Vibrava @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Serious Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

this will solve ur alolan-grimer problems while using abra/gasty more effectively to gain kills per turn, this will be a common core that will be used alot. slowpoke/vib/bronzor create a defensive core which helps with the common threats in the meta atm, like scaggy/birds/etc. currently the meta will be abra/gasty spam but u can switch to the other version which has mareanie who can switch into non thunder bolt gasty. spritzzee is usually ur fighting counter/check however taking out slowpoke will make u drillbur only the sd mold breaker variants will cause u problems but sand rush is easier to counter and outplay with this team otherwise always use gasty as ur check

Staravia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Defog

Rufflet @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Superpower

Magnemite @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Hippopotas @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 200 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Dewpider @ leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Scald
- Toxic

Drilbur @ Groundium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

standard bird webs team, completely optimize-able,in 350 ho needs some backbone, it cant go full offensive its impossible to pull off.
magnemites traps all steels that prove to be annoying for the birds and bulky waters, drilbur is usually used for end game sweeps because after ur birds are either dead or won the game, drilbur almost always wins, u can switch to sand rush if u like but sand rush is really lackluster the extra speed just makes u faster while mold breaker lets u beat those levitate mons that prove to be a problem for the team.

these are teams that will help u guide through the meta and learn more about it
and for the current state of the metagame id say we need to suspect/quick ban gasty/abra/cranidos/birds MAINLY RUFFET they are all extremely unhealthy for the metagame as it forces u to run the only counter it has (hippo/agrimer) to be fair gasty with trap literally always wins ALWAYS. abra on the other feels alot lackluster from the rest of the party as it alot easier to wall due to its movepool and alot more steels and common mons like hippo/support clef etc heck even trapinch traps abra and wins 1v1 with and without sash so i cant say if that would pose a problem in the future or not. as i was testing on rom for awhile, birds are indeed the problem mainly ruffet the only drawback is that it can miss and thats it, it kills everything and everyone theres no counter period all steels loses to bulk up with roost and even hone claws unlike gasty that needs support to be problem this mon can solo ur team literally and what can u do against? pray to the lord that it misses thats it. this needs to go. first of all cranidos has to be banned/quick banned. its the same as it was in past gens, there's nothing different about it, it kills everything and everyone and it has one counter that gets destroyed by the blizzard meme. im not going to be running hippo on all my teams just so that i dont autolose to cranidos its wayy too strong for this tier. i really wish ubers were more viable in this tier, alot of people give ubers too much credit but really they arent good at all, pdon is barely making it in this tier and the only viable arceus is steeleus if duskmane wasnt 2hko'd by every bird it would be good but we really lack options to tackle these broken mons.

Oh also, I won't ban things too quickly without seeing their performance first, especially cranidos. As it stands, we have more cranidos checks than you think (Hippopotas, zygarde-c, pawniard, arcsteel, arcground, sandygast, STUFFUL and a few others I probably missed). I'm sure all the mons I mentioned are all viable.

Oh also, I won't ban things too quickly without seeing their performance first, especially cranidos. As it stands, we have more cranidos checks than you think (Hippopotas, zygarde-c, pawniard, arcsteel, arcground, sandygast, STUFFUL and a few others I probably missed). I'm sure all the mons I mentioned are all viable.
the problem is that the blizzard/ice beam meme is quite popular and even pawniard doesnt like taking rock slide/eq and arc steel always dies to eq these are checks at best not actual answers, stuff like stufful and arc ground still cant switch into sf lo sets. the only real and true counter is hippo the rest arent are viable enough nor can switch in. and do u realize how ez it is to trap those mons, the reason why hippo is the only real and true counter because it cant be trap by the trappers. u cant put all those mons in one team, if u have zygarde complete in ur team or arc ground they will just be trap bait

Last edited:
the problem is that the blizzard/ice beam meme is quite popular and even pawniard doesnt like taking rock slide/eq and arc steel always dies to eq these are checks at best not actual answers, stuff like stufful and arc ground still cant switch into sf lo sets. the only real and true counter is hippo the rest arent are viable enough nor can switch in. and do u realize how ez it is to trap those mons, the reason why hippo is the only real and true counter because it cant be trap by the trappers. u cant put all those mons in one team, if u have zygarde complete in ur team or arc ground they will just be trap bait
4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Cranidos Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Ground: 125-148 (28.1 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

60 SpA btw. Also I don't understand why would you use trappers as the argument, because by that logic, trapping is the broken element, not Cranidos.

Also yeah, Shadow Tag is probably one of the list for future suspects because the Shadow Tag mons we have is stronger than Ubers have (Gothita and Wynaut is WAY bulkier than Wobb and Gothitelle). But of course, I have to see how they impact the meta first.

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Cranidos Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Ground: 125-148 (28.1 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

60 SpA btw. Also I don't understand why would you use trappers as the argument, because by that logic, trapping is the broken element, not Cranidos.

Also yeah, Shadow Tag is probably one of the list for future suspects because the Shadow Tag mons we have is stronger than Ubers have (Gothita and Wynaut is WAY bulkier than Wobb and Gothitelle). But of course, I have to see how they impact the meta first.
252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Cranidos Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Ground: 201-237 (45.2 - 53.3%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Cranidos Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Ground: 232-273 (52.2 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Cranidos Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Ground: 216-255 (48.6 - 57.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (not a used set but its still a thing) NICE RESIST. LOL
how is this a counter again? ice beam/blizzard is not used for arc ground, its for zygarde and hippo lol. arc-ground cant even outpace cranidos in speed. theres no way in hell that arc-ground can counter cranidos , its always a 2hko always its not viable either, trapping was never my argument for cranidos it has nothing to do with cranidos trappers allows mons like gasty/abra to have more kills thats it, trapping does help cranidos but he doesnt need it, the only mon that cranidos wants gone is either zygarde complete/ hippo thats it nothing else.

We don't even have the meta yet on the main server.

Just sit back for a day or two and let us play with the meta and see how all of this will go down; just a few people playing on ROM isn't gonna tell us how the meta will work for every player.
what do u mean by sit back for a day or 2? why is everyone saying this? this meta was played in gen 7 already this isnt old news we already know whats going on. since then there has been literally no changes at all to how the meta is being played. USUM hardly changed how the meta is being played, its very much the same, theres just a few new mons to use and as stated above they are already overshadowed by the around common mons in the tier. i just hope the same mistake isnt made but u r right for the most part maybe its too early to see

what do u mean by sit back for a day or 2? why is everyone saying this? this meta was played in gen 7 already this isnt old news we already know whats going on. since then there has been literally no changes at all to how the meta is being played. USUM hardly changed how the meta is being played, its very much the same, theres just a few new mons to use and as stated above they are already overshadowed by the around common mons in the tier. i just hope the same mistake isnt made but u r right for the most part maybe its too early to see
I'm saying it because I've been here a while, seen a bunch of metas get OMotM and because a bunch of geniuses start requesting bans before we even had the meta in for that month. People've adapted before to things that everyone claims is 'uncounterable'. Maybe the like 5 people that use ROM and have tested since USUM have found something new that beats Cranidos? Or Rufflet? or Abra?

Giving time is letting us figure out what works. I didnt play it back in SM whenever it would have been OMotM or whatever, but I've played it quite a bit on ROM. I'll be happy to ladder and figure out what works again.

I'm saying it because I've been here a while, seen a bunch of metas get OMotM and because a bunch of geniuses start requesting bans before we even had the meta in for that month. People've adapted before to things that everyone claims is 'uncounterable'. Maybe the like 5 people that use ROM and have tested since USUM have found something new that beats Cranidos? Or Rufflet? or Abra?

Giving time is letting us figure out what works. I didnt play it back in SM whenever it would have been OMotM or whatever, but I've played it quite a bit on ROM. I'll be happy to ladder and figure out what works again.
i dont think u understand what adapt means. lol
u cant adapt to stuff u cant beat thats not how it works, and it was never stated cranidos has no counters, theres 2 in the meta and thats it, no one is going to find a new mon that suddenly beats a mon with 250 attack power its either u run those 2 mons are u lose thats how it is with cranidos. ruffet is the only one thats truly uncounterable but due to hustle it can miss and cause to lose effectiveness. abra/gasty+shadowtag are suspect worthy thats it if u read above i dont think abra/gasty by itself is broken or needs to go as i highlighted above its the combination of trapping and abra/gasty that makes them so broken and it should be obvious what should be banned there.

why do u get the impression that 5 people use rom and tested since usum? theres no difference between how it was between then and now, im using my past experience. i only began playing on rom today and having played over 50 games, nothing has changed and the same mons are broken and not banned.

I think you're wrong. Even if there's a few new mons, some of the new mons you mentioned are gamechanging and that is enough. We didn't have Stufful, Slandit, Sandygast, Grimer-A, Zygarde-C last gen and having them now already feels like a different meta. Not to mention we have new mechanics like Z-moves and new moves added (Doduo now has SD and Jump Kick, making it's competition for other birds like Staravia, which has nothing to hit Steels).

And no counters =/= broken. Pdon and Megamence actually don't have counters in Ubers (it has maybe one in 350) and Cranidos is similar in here. In fact, there are a number of mons that does not have counters in Ubers and they're fine, as long as they didn't make the meta unplayable like Mega Ray was.

I think you're wrong. Even if there's a few new mons, some of the new mons you mentioned are gamechanging and that is enough. We didn't have Stufful, Slandit, Sandygast, Grimer-A, Zygarde-C last gen and having them now already feels like a different meta. Not to mention we have new mechanics like Z-moves and new moves added (Doduo now has SD and Jump Kick, making it's competition for other birds like Staravia, which has nothing to hit Steels).

And no counters =/= broken. Pdon and Megamence actually don't have counters in Ubers (it has maybe one in 350) and Cranidos is similar in here. In fact, there are a number of mons that does not have counters in Ubers and they're fine, as long as they didn't make the meta unplayable like Mega Ray was.
ofc we didnt had those last gen,
we all played gen 7 before and nothing has changed between sm and usum, we always had z moves we had all those the last time 350 cup was omotm. we already know how viable those mons are, doduo now has sd/coverage but its still worse than ruffet

cranidos is unhealthy thats what it is, u cant compare pdon and mega mence in ubers to cranidos because pdon doesnt immediately kill everything they are tons of pdon answers and counters in ubers. mega mence is even an worse example because in ubers defensive mega mence is used alot more now due to the increase of bulky steels and faster mons. we really shouldnt be comparing ubers and 350, completely different meta. the only reason pdon is even viable in 350 is because its that good, there like 4-5 viable ubers to use, pdon/arcs forms/mega gengar/zygod(ho-oh/ gira on stall)

Last edited:
ofc we didnt had those last gen,
we all played gen 7 before and nothing has changed between sm and usum, we always had z moves we had all those the last time 350 cup was omotm. we already know how viable those mons are, doduo now has sd/coverage but its still worse than ruffet

cranidos is unhealthy thats what it is, u cant compare pdon and mega mence in ubers to cranidos because pdon doesnt immediately kill everything they are tons of pdon answers and counters in ubers. mega mence is even an worse example because in ubers defensive mega mence is used alot more now due to the increase of bulky steels and faster mons. we really shouldnt be comparing ubers and 350, completely different meta. the only reason pdon is even viable in 350 is because its that good, there like 4-5 viable ubers to use, pdon/arcs forms/mega gengar/zygod(ho-oh/ gira on stall)
We never have 350 Cup ladder before this. Last time 350 Cup was selected as Leader's Choice and it was a Challenge only option, which only very limited players play and that makes us doesn't prove anything because basically makes the meta doesn't exist (that's why now Leader's Choice gets a ladder).

K I'm done discussing about bans before this gets a ladder and I won't reply to any more ban posts before ladder gets implemented and people actually play the meta.

Double post. K so, at first glance, there are two things that I will address first in a few days, though I'll wait a bit until I see the meta develops first.

1. Shadow Tag: Gothita has been really powerful at trapping mons. The increase in bulk over Gothitelle makes this basically overwhelm almost any mons that have are trappable.
2. Rufflet
: This mon basically has almost no checks, because of it's overwhelming power of 160 Attack + Hustle, quite bulky, good Speed (120 is a good baseline in 350 Cup) and can almost hit anything with Brave Bird + Superpower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)