Chinchou
Pikachu
Psyduck
Wooper

D Rank:
Chansey
Lati@s-Mega
Meowth

Happiny Rank: (These are all NFE's who are outclassed by their evolutions, and should never be used)
Gible
Goomy
Happiny

Did this in showdown chat with other players, should update to this:
S Rank:
Clefairy
Primal Groudon
Staravia

A Rank:

A+

Darkrai
Drilbur
Ho-Oh
Magnemite
Salamence-Mega
Shroomish
Xerneas

A

Arceus-Ghost
Arceus-Rock
Bronzor
Ferroseed
Gengar-Mega
Houndour
Mienfoo
Mewtwo-Mega-Y
Yveltal

A-

Arceus-Normal
Arceus-Steel
Carvanha
Deoxys-Attack
Foongus
Gengar-Mega
Gothita
Honedge
Klefki
Kyogre-Primal
Latios
Lugia
Rayquaza
Slowpoke
Vibrava

B Rank:

B+
Arceus-Water
Axew
Deoxys-Speed
Froakie
Hippopotas
Koffing
Latias
Sableye-Mega
Scraggy

B
Growlithe
Mantyke
Natu
Rhyhorn
Shaymin-Sky
Solosis
Staryu

B-
Aron
Doduo
Frillish
Marill
Meditite
Mewtwo
Mewtwo-Mega-X
Smoochum
Trapinch
Woobat

C Rank:

C+
Blissey
Delibird
Snivy
Wynaut
Zorua

C
Bonsly
Corphish
Diglett
Ditto
Dwebble
Groudon
Kyogre

C-
Chinchou
Pikachu
Psyduck
Wooper

D Rank:
Chansey
Lati@s-Mega
Meowth

Happiny Rank: (These are all NFE's who are outclassed by their evolutions, and should never be used)
Gible
Goomy
Happiny
I would recommend putting Pineco in there somewhere, maybe B. Pineco has amazing defense (180) with passable HP (100). While it does have a mediocre special defense stat (70), this is more than made up fore by it's amazing ability, Sturdy. Unless you are up against a powerful attacker with multi-hit moves (Kangaskhan and Herracross w/ rock blast), magic bounce (Natu), or Fake Out (Kangaskhan), it is guaranteed at least 1 layer of hazards. With a Custap, you can either get a second layer- or explode in their face. Explosion coming off of 130 attack hurts a lot, even uninvested. This allows it to beat many hazard controllers. In addition to getting spikes, toxic spikes, and stealth rock, it even gets rapid spin, allowing it to beat other hazard leads.
VS. Drilbur- Drilbur can either attack it for pitiful damage, or swords dance before attacking attacking. While the second one may seem like a good idea, it still guarentees at least 1 layer of hazards, and when Pineco explodes, it ohko's drilbur.
Vibrava is a good match up for it, because it doesn't fear much from Pineco's hazards. However, Explosion still hits it hard and Pineco takes physical hits like a champ.
Staryu- While hydro pump hits Pineco hard, bringing it down to sturdy, Explosion hits harder, getting an OHKO. Beware however, of setting hazards up on this because of Staryu's ability to attack with rapid spin, removing any hazards you've set up and breaking Sturdy.
Opposing Pineco- it all comes down to the set you run. however, these are very annoying.
Giratina- There's nothing you can do about this one, except keep setting up hazards and PP stalling defog/waiting until they kill you. This guarantees at least one layer of hazards, but if you can't threaten them out next turn they can defog again.
Arceus- explode in their face. Arceus ghost is the worst for you, and letting Ekiller set up can be really bad
Natu- Just the threat of this stops hazards. If it comes in, you can explode, but otherwise its a prediction game. At least rapid spin can remove any bounced back hazards.

Above all, it definitely has more positive traits then flaws, allowing for B rank, but isn't metagame defining by any means.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/350cup-303767855 What a match use this team it rocks. You may want to replace synthesis with sludge bomb on shroomish though. Your choice.
Vulpix @ Assault Vest
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball
- Extrasensory
- Flamethrower

Shroomish @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Spore

Luvdisc @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 156 SpA / 100 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Toxic
- Draining Kiss

Delibird @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
- Aerial Ace

Drilbur @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Hone Claws
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace

Staravia @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Pursuit

I would recommend putting Pineco in there somewhere, maybe B. Pineco has amazing defense (180) with passable HP (100). While it does have a mediocre special defense stat (70), this is more than made up fore by it's amazing ability, Sturdy. Unless you are up against a powerful attacker with multi-hit moves (Kangaskhan and Herracross w/ rock blast), magic bounce (Natu), or Fake Out (Kangaskhan), it is guaranteed at least 1 layer of hazards. With a Custap, you can either get a second layer- or explode in their face. Explosion coming off of 130 attack hurts a lot, even uninvested. This allows it to beat many hazard controllers. In addition to getting spikes, toxic spikes, and stealth rock, it even gets rapid spin, allowing it to beat other hazard leads.
VS. Drilbur- Drilbur can either attack it for pitiful damage, or swords dance before attacking attacking. While the second one may seem like a good idea, it still guarentees at least 1 layer of hazards, and when Pineco explodes, it ohko's drilbur.
Vibrava is a good match up for it, because it doesn't fear much from Pineco's hazards. However, Explosion still hits it hard and Pineco takes physical hits like a champ.
Staryu- While hydro pump hits Pineco hard, bringing it down to sturdy, Explosion hits harder, getting an OHKO. Beware however, of setting hazards up on this because of Staryu's ability to attack with rapid spin, removing any hazards you've set up and breaking Sturdy.
Opposing Pineco- it all comes down to the set you run. however, these are very annoying.
Giratina- There's nothing you can do about this one, except keep setting up hazards and PP stalling defog/waiting until they kill you. This guarantees at least one layer of hazards, but if you can't threaten them out next turn they can defog again.
Arceus- explode in their face. Arceus ghost is the worst for you, and letting Ekiller set up can be really bad
Natu- Just the threat of this stops hazards. If it comes in, you can explode, but otherwise its a prediction game. At least rapid spin can remove any bounced back hazards.

Above all, it definitely has more positive traits then flaws, allowing for B rank, but isn't metagame defining by any means.
You should mention the fact Taunt stops you from setting up hazards as well. While you can still explode in their face, you won't get any hazards up. I really like Pineco tho and I agree with it being somewhere around B.

My comments/thoughts/replies to Funbot28's post

S Rank:
Unchanged, no comment

A Rank:

A+
Salamence-Mega is the only addition, would like to hear some reasoning on why

A
Bronzor: Why? it lacks reliable recovery and can't do much outside of checking xern and a few others. Added to B.

A-
Arceus-Steel Just to check xerneas? I don't believe it survives double focus blast and can't kill in 1 go with iron head. Would like more explanation. I guess it can also check staravia, but would like some defenses of it here. B range sounds better to me.
Gengar-Mega: wasn't this just in A??
Honedge
Kyogre-Primal: Adding, but want reasoning/sets/calcs
Latios: Would like to see some calcs/example sets/reasoning. It's too slow for a soul dew set to be effective vs offense and a lot of 350 cup checks to xern stop it as well, bar foongus and tentacool.
Rayquaza: Sounds solid, still good for the same reasons in ubers. Added. Would like some example sets though.
Vibrava: Adding after extensive conversations with all jokes aside. LO mixed set, scarf/band sets, and offensive pivot/defogger, as well as the less good but viable defensive sets that can assist defensive teams in checking pdon.

B Rank:

B+
Arceus-Water: Moving to B, if you can add reasonings for why B+ I can move it back up
Axew: Added. Monster with ddance sets, has good coverage, but lacks the earthquake that would shove it into higher viability.
Deoxys-Speed: Mostly only good for hazards, though surprise choice sets can get revenge kills. Added.
Froakie: Added. Tspikes, decent coverage, but lacks dpulse/extrasensory to break though slowbro/foongus/etc.
Hippopotas: This is already in A-
Koffing: Would like to hear reasoning. Tentative B rank.
Latias: Added. Soul dew and decent bulk. Would still like to hear reasoning, if only to inform people reading through the thread.
Sableye-Mega: Magic bounce monster, sees ubers play, added.
Scraggy: I've seen plenty and seems viable enough, if extremely ditto/bird weak. Added

B
(Added all, would like to hear reasoning etc to inform people reading through the thread)
Growlithe
Mantyke
Natu
Rhyhorn
Shaymin-Sky
Solosis
Staryu: Up to B+

B-
Aron: Reasoning? 4x weak to common coverage types, slow, weak specially.
Doduo: What advantages does this have over staravia? less speed, no reckless, so the increased attack does less damage overall. I don't see a reason to use it.
Frillish: Added, consider for B, would like reasoning.
Marill: marginally better than azumarill, who is not remotely considered for this. Would like reasonings.
Meditite: Added, but is generally subpar compared to mienfoo who wins on versatility or medicham mega who wins on sheer power. Consider for C. Discuss
Mewtwo: Added, could maybe earn itself a higher spot later on in the meta when it matures. Not sure if worth running over mega Y though.
Mewtwo-Mega-X: Why would you run this over mega lucario or if a stallbreaker why run it over mmy? would like reasoning/discussion. Could be a B- candidate though if defended well.
Smoochum: Added. Seems like a sleeper, even if frail.
Trapinch: Added. wall/pdon trapper. Not much to say.
Woobat: Added. Only really has one set but it does well.

C Rank:

Will review when I have more time to sit down and go through this.

D Rank:
Chansey- Mostly because weak to stag users and in ubers the bulk on the physical side is negligible.
Lati@s- Mega-soul dew
Meowth- That's right.

Gible
Goomy
Happiny

B rank and Happiny rank added, A rank updated as commented. Feel free to discuss/defend/argue here! I'll try to get to C rank tomorrow evening or failing that monday.

so bummed

Banned deucer.
I agree with the viability rankings right now (seeing as I did help make it in the pirate pad a bit lol) it seems good and I wouldn't suggest shifting anything around.

Dwebble is waaayyyy better than C, 100/170 physical bulk lets it set up on all sorts with its decent typing, and it hits very hard with base 130 attack and good coverage. Stone Edge/Earthquake/X-scissor hits everything neutrally, it outspeeds everything even with an adamant nature when set up, laughs at priority, and 1hkos the vast majority of mons; 23/34 of the S to A- ranks are 1hko'd by it after rocks (This is using white herb, LO increases the casualty rate significantly). Putting it below Delibird is very much underselling it, it's an easy B+ imo.

Last edited:
Dwebble actually looks incredibly powerful. Life orb breaks a LOT of things, and white herb seems solid. I think lum might be better than white herb as it lets it break the walls that take 1 hit and then status to stall it out (giratina, ferro, etc). I am tentatively adding it to A-, though it may deserve a higher spot. It is basically impossible to wall, only hippo can handle the LO set at +2, not being 2hko'd and able to roar it out safely.

A or A+
Vibrava makes an excellent partner to Clefairy, a dominant defensive pokemon in this metagame. Vibrava also has heavy versatility, due to its ability to viably run Band, Scarf, Mixed, Life Orb 3 Attacks, and Support sets. It provides simultaneously an offensive threat as well as a pivot capable of stealing momentum off a pokemon as powerful as Primal-Groudon. It checks threats like Dwebble and Drilbur as well. Such a potent offensive pivot deserves a spot higher than A-, although I am certainly not pushing for S.

Last edited:
Can someone help me make a team?
Start with an Ubers team, too be honest. Most of them are still the most powerful mons here. Primal Groudon, especially, is still number 1.
Baton passing is also good strategy. Specifically, Torchic is now a strong baton passer, as it can set up on Swirlix and Clefairy.
Update them with anything that seems cool.

Outside of that, Clefairy is an amazing bulky setup sweeper, Pineco sets hazards, Natu is a good magic bouncer, Drilbur and Staryu are spinners, Staravia is Birdspam, and slowpoke/Mienshao form a regenerator core.

I don't think Houndour should move up, it's strong but its speed tier is underwhelming here and sucker punch doesn't really make up for that, since it's uninvested and most mons here are bulky enough to stomach it easily. It does well vs defensive cores but its matchup with offence is disappointing (Thinking about it, sub salac could be cool?), and switchins aren't plentiful for it with pretty poor bulk and defensive typing. A is fine for it IMO.

100% agree with Vibrava moving up, really handy mon offensively, defensively and in terms of utility. Wouldn't call it a dwebble check though, since it dies to a +2 xscissor.

I can do you one better and just give you some teams that I've laddered to number one with. All these teams that I'm gonna post now I've peaked number one with, so they're all good in their respective ways, though some aren't allowed anymore!

Bird-spam Hyper offence - Alljokesaside

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 132 SpA / 120 Spe (Or switch it up, depends how many moves are special/physical)
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades/Earth power
- Fire Blast/Fire punch/Stone edge
- Dragon Pulse/Stone edge/Dragon claw/Solar beam/

Pineco @ Custap Berry/Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin

Staravia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless/intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Quick Attack/Pursuit
- Double-Edge/Frustration

Rufflet @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Facade/Frustration

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball/Hex
- Sludge Wave/Focus Blast
- Protect/Disable/Taunt- Destiny Bond/Taunt/Will O Wisp/

Adapting to the metagame Stall - Alljokesaside

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clefairy @ Shed Shell
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Slowpoke @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Foongus @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Stall breaker Arceus-Poison, Xerneas and Mega Salamence Hype squad, also known as SBAPXAMSHQ! (Hyper offence -
Alljokesaside

Pineco @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Explosion

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Judgment

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

An experienced player should see how these work, so I'm not going to go indepth, and because auto correct hates me. Anyways - all of these teams have flaws, which is why I'm sharing them with you :) Don't worry about mentioning them because I am well aware, though these are all pretty great if you want a good feel for the metagame! Good luck

I can do you one better and just give you some teams that I've laddered to number one with. All these teams that I'm gonna post now I've peaked number one with, so they're all good in their respective ways, though some aren't allowed anymore!

Bird-spam Hyper offence - Alljokesaside

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 132 SpA / 120 Spe (Or switch it up, depends how many moves are special/physical)
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades/Earth power
- Fire Blast/Fire punch/Stone edge
- Dragon Pulse/Stone edge/Dragon claw/Solar beam/

Pineco @ Custap Berry/Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin

Staravia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless/intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Quick Attack/Pursuit
- Double-Edge/Frustration

Rufflet @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Facade/Frustration

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball/Hex
- Sludge Wave/Focus Blast
- Protect/Disable/Taunt- Destiny Bond/Taunt/Will O Wisp/

Adapting to the metagame Stall - Alljokesaside

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clefairy @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Slowpoke @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Foongus @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Stall breaker Arceus-Poison, Xerneas and Mega Salamence Hype squad, also known as SBAPXAMSHQ! (Hyper offence -
Alljokesaside

Pineco @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Explosion

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Judgment

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

An experienced player should see how these work, so I'm not going to go indepth, and because auto correct hates me. Anyways - all of these teams have flaws, which is why I'm sharing them with you :) Don't worry about mentioning them because I am well aware, though these are all pretty great if you want a good feel for the metagame! Good luck
Out of curiosity what does Arceus Poison achieve that it's other forms cannot? ie what's it's niche? You already have Magnemite to obliterate fairies. Does it provide some defensive synergy i am unaware of?

Presumably it's to deal with Geo-Xern and Clefairy? If they carry Focus Blast and Fire Blast (respectively), they can tank a Flash Cannon at +2 or +1 Sp. Def. and OHKO. That's what Poisonceus is for in Ubers, anyway. You can carry Psychic coverage, but it's very rare.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Bird Spam team is outdated iirc, Rufflet is banned now.
Doduo can easily replace Rufflet, albeit it being less powerful, it can still plow through weakened teams with their steels gone by using Magnemite. Pair it with Staravia and you can easily sweep teams.

Edit: Here is my BirdSpam team:
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Thunder Wave

Staravia @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- U-turn

Doduo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Drill Peck

Magnemite @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog
- Ice Beam

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Fake Out

Last edited:
I've been playing around in 350 Cup, and I've noticed a very overlooked special sweeper in Solosis.

90 / 60 / 80 / 210 / 100 / 40

Yeah, I know you all see that whopping 210 Special Attack Solosis is packing, and it definitely shows. Solosis, like his older brother in UU, is best used as a Trick Room setter. Unlike big bro Reuniclus, however, Solosis can now just nuke things out of the gate with a whopping 569 Special Attack (boosted further by a recoil-less Life Orb). Magic Guard allows it to switch into entry hazards freely, as well as sponging potential burns and poisons that would cripple other teammates, letting it act as a status absorber as well. It has the niche of being fairly flexible of the timing of your Trick Room, since it can either shred holes in healthy teams or finish off several weakened mons in one sitting. The jellybaby is also notable for being one of the few Trick Room setters with immediate offensive pressure, not needing to drop a coverage move for a boosting move. This also prevents it from being complete Taunt bait, since it can 2HKO most common users, and its decent bulk allows it to narrowly miss being OHKO'd back.

Solosis @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fighting / Hidden Power Fire / Thunder
- Shadow Ball / Thunder / Energy Ball

Due to Solosis's rather bland movepool, there isn't much room for creativity, but its movepool does what it needs to rather well. Psychic is preferred, simply due to the higher damage output and the number of relevant mons with higher natural physical bulk (Primal Groundon, Mega Salamence, Hippopotas) that would otherwise check it. Psyshock can see use against mons with mixed bulk that tend to lean special, but it tends to not be worth it. If your team has other ways of dealing with pdon, go ahead, but otherwise stick to Psychic.

Shadow Ball hits opposing Psychics and Ghost Pokemon super hard, and 2HKOs just about everything in the tier that is hit super effectively. It can be swapped out for either Thunder or Energy Ball, but Thunder tends to miss often, and Grass coverage is unnecessary in a tier where numerous Grass types like Foongus, Shroomish, Ferroseed, and Snivy run wild. It doesn't hit much that Thunder and your Psychic STAB don't already, outside of Rock types (which are rare).

Your Hidden Power (or Thunder, if you absolutely have to hit birds/waters effectively or have rain support) needs to be geared towards hitting things that your STAB and coverage move cannot. Hidden Powers Fire & Ground have some merit here for eliminating pests like Ferrothorn or Magnemite, but HP Fighting is the type of choice due to its great neutral coverage and added pressure on Darks.
*252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 356-421 (55.4 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
*252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Clefairy: 277-328 (57.2 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Psychic vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 308-364 (70.1 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

*252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 331-391 (84 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
*252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 331-391 (81.9 - 96.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
*252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Drilbur: 331-391 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
*252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Deoxys-D: 187-221 (61.5 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
*252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Honedge: 460-543 (113.8 - 134.4%) -- *guaranteed OHKO
*252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Lugia: 247-291 (59.3 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
*252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 229-270 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

*252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferroseed: 169-200 (44.4 - 52.6%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

*252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnemite: 250-296 (103.7 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
*252+ SpA Life Orb Solosis Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 138-162 (35.1 - 41.2%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

A recommended partner for our jellybaby would be a relatively slow mon that can pivot Solosis in safely, like Chinchou or Pancham. The former can burn things that would hit Solosis hard, and the latter can weaken offensive threats and resist the Bug or Dark moves that could be sent its way. Entry hazards make all the difference here, turning rolls into guaranteed 2HKOs and turning 3HKOs into favorable trades an opponent would not be willing to take, so Stealth Rock support (and possibly even Spike stacking) is vital. Be careful about including paralysis support on a team with Solosis, as paralyzed mons with 304 or lower Speed will outslow Solosis's 76, possibly ending your rampage prematurely.

Is Solosis perfect? Of course not. Its defenses are modest by 350 Cup standards, and it does not want to forgo a coverage move for recovery, making it somewhat easy to wear down with repeated attacks. Pokemon that can outslow Solosis will get an opportunity to impede its progress with a Spore or Knock Off (though opposing Foongus with an unchanged 31 Speed IV will still be outslowed by min-Speed Solosis). Dedicated special walls like Clefairy, PH Shroomish, and Primal-Kyogre avoid favorable 2HKO odds from a Psychic and can set up or stall out the turns of Trick Room with recovery. This doesn't mean they are counters, however. Not even the tier's premier special walls appreciate taking ~40% from a Psychic, and prior damage can make these into kills Solosis can pick up himself.

tl;dr: With the proper team setup, it can tear gaping holes into an opposing team and even support the rest of your team doing so. As such, I personally believe there is an argument for placing Solosis in B+ or even possibly A-.
I'm not going to lie, this is a brilliant pokemon. Excellent SpAtk, HP and SpDef - get the trick room going and your good to go... yet thats its downside. Your wasting a turn on trick room and if the other pokemon is either a physical attacker or a hard-hitter, your a goner. Its physical bulk simply doesn't stand up to some of the greater threats like Drilbur or Primal Groudon. Priority moves annihilate this pokemon - extreme speeds from even a Zigzagoon hurt! As I mentioned before, it does simply not stand up to it. All of the moves mentioned in that set are 2/3HKO's to one of, if not the most common pokemon in the metagame Primal Groudon, however every common Primal Groudon move I've tested is an OHKO (with precipice blades, earthquake and fire punch - and I even forgot the attack EV's!). True, a crit would kill, yet that is assuming that it is a crit! There are also some pokemon that can wall it with calm mind or even natural bulk as well, despite the brilliant stats. Sleep and paralysis also cripple this thing as turns are wasted doing nothing - if a Shroomish can spore as you set up the trick room, you've got a beast ready to destroy you with a trick room ready to help it. Sadly, this pokemon simply doesn't scale up to other threats in the metagame. Although I will admit it is brilliant in late game for crushing weak foes! Still, good set. The problem is other pokemon just do it's job slightly better, hence it not been seen much in use - give it slightly more bulk and it would be the terror of the cup!

I'm not going to lie, this is a brilliant pokemon. Excellent SpAtk, HP and SpDef - get the trick room going and your good to go... yet thats its downside. Your wasting a turn on trick room and if the other pokemon is either a physical attacker or a hard-hitter, your a goner. Its physical bulk simply doesn't stand up to some of the greater threats like Drilbur or Primal Groudon. Priority moves annihilate this pokemon - extreme speeds from even a Zigzagoon hurt! As I mentioned before, it does simply not stand up to it. All of the moves mentioned in that set are 2/3HKO's to one of, if not the most common pokemon in the metagame Primal Groudon, however every common Primal Groudon move I've tested is an OHKO (with precipice blades, earthquake and fire punch - and I even forgot the attack EV's!). True, a crit would kill, yet that is assuming that it is a crit! There are also some pokemon that can wall it with calm mind or even natural bulk as well, despite the brilliant stats. Sleep and paralysis also cripple this thing as turns are wasted doing nothing - if a Shroomish can spore as you set up the trick room, you've got a beast ready to destroy you with a trick room ready to help it. Sadly, this pokemon simply doesn't scale up to other threats in the metagame. Although I will admit it is brilliant in late game for crushing weak foes! Still, good set. The problem is other pokemon just do it's job slightly better, hence it not been seen much in use - give it slightly more bulk and it would be the terror of the cup!
Paralysis doesn't really hamper a trick room Mon outside of the 25% chance to do nothing. If you get any other status (which this thing likely does as a solid status absorber for scalds etc) then you have nothing to worry about. Trick room is a little gimmicky but this thing can set it up and if it does you will almost certainly come away with a kill or two. It's not top tier but dismissing it as you do for invalid reasons is just haughty or shortsighted. Also calling shroomish a beast ready to destroy you is just a bit silly. It's good because of its bulk, not its offensive power.

Does Mence need F.Blast to get past Honedge?

And how good is Aegislash?
Aegi is pretty ass in this meta due to the prevalence of Fire and Ground types like Houndour, Pdon, Drilbur, Rhyhorn, and Vibrava. One of those mons are usually run on almost all 350 archetypes, so I believe it would be safe to say Aegi isn't really a threat to most teams.

An interesting set:

Farfetch'd @ Stick
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Knock Off / Night Slash
- Leaf Blade

(This would probably be rank D or C-)
Brave Bird is a really powerful STAB move, Roost heals off The recoil damage, Knock Off Removes an opponents item, Night Slash Complements the Stick with a high crit ratio, Leaf Blade is coverage, and is good with the Stick.
Maxed attack and an adamant nature mean crits have a good chance of OHKOing, and HP Allows for bulking attacks.

Paralysis doesn't really hamper a trick room Mon outside of the 25% chance to do nothing. If you get any other status (which this thing likely does as a solid status absorber for scalds etc) then you have nothing to worry about. Trick room is a little gimmicky but this thing can set it up and if it does you will almost certainly come away with a kill or two. It's not top tier but dismissing it as you do for invalid reasons is just haughty or shortsighted. Also calling shroomish a beast ready to destroy you is just a bit silly. It's good because of its bulk, not its offensive power.
You seem to have misunderstood me. For a start, solosis is a brilliant pokemon. It has a ton of sweeping potential and decent enough bulk, with a good chance to crush whatever stands in it's way. Although from using solosis in battles, these points really do kill it. Especially my point on priority - a sucker punch from pretty much anything OHKO/2HKO's. Yet again, that doesn't mean it's bad! Btw Shroomish is a monster. I killed 4 of my opponents pokemon before it died to a crit flamethrower in one battle. Also it's a perfect wall. Be warned... shroomish destroys points on the ladder...

Illusio

Bold and Brash
An interesting set:

Farfetch'd @ Stick
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Knock Off / Night Slash
- Leaf Blade

(This would probably be rank D or C-)
Brave Bird is a really powerful STAB move, Roost heals off The recoil damage, Knock Off Removes an opponents item, Night Slash Complements the Stick with a high crit ratio, Leaf Blade is coverage, and is good with the Stick.
Maxed attack and an adamant nature mean crits have a good chance of OHKOing, and HP Allows for bulking attacks.
The problem with Farfetch'd is that it has 352 BST, so it's ineligible for the boost, making it even more useless than it already is in standards.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Has anyone tried Delibird? It has really helped me in matches thanks to its amazing Suicide lead set.

Delibird @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out / Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Punch / Ice Shard / Icy Wind / Rapid Spin

Its main purpose is to set hazards and die. Spikes is selfexplainitory, Destiny Bond allows it to take down slower Pokemon with it. Fake Out can be used to get chip damage and break Sashes, while Rapid Spin can clear opposing enemy hazards. Icy Wind is great for slowing down Set up sweepers that lead and works wonders in conjunction with Destiny Bond. Thanks to Hustle Ice Punch does OK damage to most leads and Ice Shard for chip damage.

It has a Choice Band Hustle set but thats Garbador very underwhelming as a wallbreaker due to the HUGE amount of support it would need and its dwath upon a move missing.

Was really wanting this as OMNOMNOMNOM (OMOTM) and Scraggy rules, it can run such versatile sets as boost sweeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)