Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:Meganium: Meganium-Mega: Hematemesis, Ema Skye, Ausma, MegaFlareon
:Typhlosion: Typhlosion-Mega: Hematemesis,Ausma, DrPumpkinz, BitBitio, Cuddly, Hematite
:Feraligatr: Feraligatr-Mega: ChoiceScarfed, Hematemesis, ViZar

:Meganium:
1) CharSiuEmboar
2) Mega Flareon
3) Mossy Sandwhich
4) BitBitio
5) Hematemesis

:Typhlosion:
1) zxgzxg
2) Hematite
3) BitBitio
4) CharSiuEmboar

:Feraligatr:
1) War Incarnate
2) superstrike66
3) BitBitio
4) Mossy Sandwhich
5) DrPumpkinz

:Meganium: Mega Meganium: Full_Korbe, MegaFlareon, Mossy Sandwich, Ema Skye, CharSiuEmboar, woworiginal
:Typhlosion: Mega Typhlosion: DrPumpkinz, Full_Korbe, Petuuuhhh, MegaFlareon, Cuddly, BitBitio, Hematite
:Feraligatr: Mega Feraligatr: War Incarnate, ChoiceScarfed, Cuddly, ViZar, Ausma, TheUltraFinder

:meganium: Mega Meganium: Ema Skye, Petuuuhhh, TheUltraFinder, PalpitoadChamp
:typhlosion: Mega Typhlosion: Ausma, Hematite, ViZar, PalpitoadChamp, Full_Korbe, MegaFlareon, zxgzxg, CharSiuEmboar
:feraligatr: Mega Feraligatr: PalpitoadChamp, MossySandwich, TheUltraFinder, Ausma, Full_Korbe
Also am I aloud to recommend slates to put on the list of options here?

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:Meganium: Ausma, Mossy Sandwich, CharSiuEmboar, inkbug, Petuuuhhh
:typhlosion: zxgzxg, ViZar, Hematite, Petuuuhhh, Mossy Sandwich, BitBitio, Ausma, TheUltraFinder, superstrike66, DrPumpkinz
:feraligatr: ViZar, Hematemesis, Mossy Sandwich, zxgzxg, Ausma, War Incarnate, Full_Korbe

drpumpkinz, ema skye, petuuuhhh, full_korbe, bitbitio, hematemesis, mossy sandwich, charsiuemboar, theultrafinder
ausma, megaflareon, hematite, mossy sandwich, zxgzxg, petuuuhhh, drpumpkinz, full_korbe, bitbitio
ausma, mossy sandwich, cuddly, theultrafinder, vizar

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:meganium:Hematememis, TheUltraFinder, BitBitio, Myself, Ausma
:typhlosion:zxgzxg, Ausma, Hermatite, Mossy Sandwich, Myself
:feraligatr:War Incarnate, Ausma, BitBitio, DrPumpkinz, Hematememis

:meganium: Mega Meganium
(1) DrPumpkinz
(2) Ausma
(3) Ema Skye
(4) inkbug
(5) Full_Korbe
(6) CharSiuEmboar

:typhlosion: Mega Typhlosion
(1) BitBitio
(2) Mossy Sandwich
(3) zxgzxg
(4) Hematite
(5) MegaFlareon
(6) DrPumpkinz
(7) Hematemesis
(8) Ausma

:feraligatr: Mega Feraligatr
(1) MegaFlareon
(2) Hematemesis
(3) Mossy Sandwich
(4) Full_Korbe
(5) zxgzxg
(6) ViZar

:feraligatr:We put the "gator" in gatorade: Me, ViZar, DrPumpkinz (with that attack boost it'd be 155 attack, not 115 attack btw),
:typhlosion:It tastes like... burning!: Hematite, Hematite, Hematite, Hematite, Hematite Hematite, Ausma, MegaFlareon, DrPumpkinz
:meganium:[insert unoriginal joke about this pokemon here]: Ema Skye, inkbug, Ausma, Mossy Sandwich, ViZar

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:meganium: inkbug, Hematemasis, Mossy Sandwich, DrPumpkinz, Ausma, BitBitio
:typhlosion: Bitbitio, CharSiuEmboar, ViZar, Hematite, Mossy Sandwich, Hematemasis, DrPumpkinz, zxgzxg, Ausma
:feraligatr: Ausma, DrPumpkinz, MegaFlareon, BitBitio, Hematemasis, Full_Korbe

inkbug

It's also now acceptable to self-vote in first!
One of the benefits of the new system is that you get less extreme an advantage from this and there's not as much room for one individual to swing the results dramatically in their own favor, so we can afford to loosen up the rules in that area.
That said, I would still ask you to include at least two other people in your vote if one of your votes is for yourself (this was already in the rules before).
War Incarnate (and Ema Skye)
"vote" in this context refers to your vote for any individual pokemon.

you could just vote for one sub on pokemon you didn't self vote on if you really wanted, but only doing one vote for anything is pretty counterproductive in this system, since it means you have a pretty high chance of not being represented in the final count at all.
if thats not a problem for you then by all means go ahead, i just wanted to clarify that only voting for one thing doesn't actually increase its chances at all! it just makes your personal opinion less likely to be taken into account in the tally.

(plus an additional reminder to please notify me if you edit your voting post!! i will miss your edit if you dont)

:meganium:Flowery Lad: DrPumpkinz, Mossy Sandwich, PalpitoadChamp, BitBitio, Ema Skye, MegaFlareon, inkbug, superstrike66
:typhlosion:Sparky Lad: DrPumpkinz, BitBitio, Hematite, MegaFlareon, CharSiuEmboar, Mossy Sandwich, Ausma
:feraligatr:Chompy Lad: DrPumpkinz, zxgzxg, Mega Flareon, Full_Korbe, Mossy Sandwich,

:meganium: Megameganium: MegaFlareon, inkball, Full_Korbe, DrPumpkinz, PalpitoadChamp, Ema Skye, Bitbitio, TheUltraFinder
:typhlosion:MegaXplosion: Full_Korbe, Bitbio, Hematite, PalpitoadChamp, DrPumpkinz
:feraligatr:MegaGator: zxgzxg, Mossy Sandwich, Hematemesis, MegaFlareon, ChoiceScarfed, Cuddly, Bitbio, Full_Korbe,

It's my first time voting so I hope you guys don't mind if I explain my votes :3

:meganium:
War Incarnate

I chose this because there are very few tanks that set up defensively. Most of the tanks we have are used to either absorb hits or support the team. This looks like it could be one the few viable tanks like Mega Slowbro or some Clefable sets that could serve as a late game win con by being tanky and boosting its defenses.

:typhlosion:
ViZar, zxgzxg

I actually had an idea to give an ability similar to ViZar's to Dialga to make Roar of Time viable but since there aren't any submissions for ubers I think this is the next best alternative. Makes sense thematically and makes moves like Blast Burn, Hyper Beam and Solar Beam more usable. Imo the recoil seems to be a bit too much but I'm not an expert on balancing so its up to the players to judge.

zxgzxg's submission is very original and also brings flavor to a niche move in Eruption, so he's my second choice.

If a mega submission makes more niche playstyles/moves/abilities better, there's a higher chance for me to vote for it. It's not just Pokémon that needs more love and usability (shoutout to whoever made Mind Blown Chandelure, Long Reach Conkeldurr and Dancer Kriketune for giving life to those mediocre move/abilities).

:Meganium: Hematemesis, Inkbug, Ausma, MegaFlareon, BitBitio
:Typhlosion: BitBitio, Hematemesis ,Ausma, DrPumpkinz, Cuddly, Hematite, Mossy Sandwich
:feraligatr: DrPumpkinz, BitBitio, zxgzxg, Mega Flareon, Full_Korbe, Mossy Sandwich, Hematemesis

Last edited:

inkbug

Hi folks! It's me again!

Before I get started, a quick run-down of how this works:
  • Each vote contributes one point to its first-place choice
  • The candidates are ordered based on both the number of first-place votes and the number of total votes, and eliminated from the bottom
  • Any vote whose first choice has been eliminated instead gives its point to its second choice, or whatever its next ranking is. (On the sheet, points that have moved in this manner are highlighted in yellow.)
  • The elimination and re-ranking process continues until there are two remaining, upon which the one with more points is the winner.
  • You can view the whole thing on this spreadsheet (tab "Slate 20 Tally").
One thing I want to clarify: you can place as many as you'd like, in the order you prefer them, and the more you place the more likely it is that your opinion will be noted in the tally! There were a couple single placements this round and I always feel bad counting past those since they can't be reranked.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this!! But without further ado...

:meganium: Mega Meganium: inkbug !
:Meganium:
Mega Meganium
New Ability: Overgrow/Leaf Guard --> Flower Gift
New Typing: Grass (Unchanged)

New Stats:
HP: 80
ATK: 82 --> 117 (+35)
DEF
: 100 --> 110 (+10)
SPA
: 83 --> 118 (+35)
SPD
: 100 --> 120 (+20)
SPE
: 80 (--)

New Moves
: Solar Blade, Weather Ball, Calm Mind

Desc: I had a bit more of an ambitious spread in mind for this balanced around using Petal Blizzard as its main STAB move, but it was pointed out that Meganium is pretty likely to get Solar Blade if it appears in any upcoming games, so I figured I probably ought to bite the bullet and balance it around that anyways.

Mega Meganium hits like a truck with Sun active thanks to Flower Gift, and has bulk enough to set up with Swords Dance even without it. It's still not particularly fast, but it's an incredibly formidable wallbreaker - notably, the attack modifier from Flower Gift cannot be Hazed, and if it's set up with SD its incredibly unsafe to switch in on, even without Sun.

If youd rather run Special with Solar Beam/Weather Ball, it now has a Special boosting option, which could be more balanced if you're boosting an ally physical attacker with Flower Gift in doubles.

TL;DR Can be a setup sweeper or a wallbreaker or bulky hard-hitting team support. Held back by the Sun turn timer and a poor main attacking type.
First number column: first-place votes
Second column: "runoff" votes (highligted in yellow)
Third column: total number of votes in any placement
1605982218707.png

inkbug - 6
drpumpkinz, hematemasis - 4
megaflareon - 3
ema skye - 2
mossy sandwich, ausma, charsiuemboar, theultrafinder, full_korbe, superstrike66 - 1

:typhlosion: Mega Typhlosion: BitBitio !!
:bw/typhlosion:
:typhlosion: Typhlosion-Mega
Typing: Unchanged (Fire)
Blaze/Flash Fire-->Ignite (Fire type -ate)
New Stats: 78/150/103/84/103/116
HP: 78-->78 (+0)
Attack: 84-->150 (swapped with SpA, +41)
Defense: 78-->103 (+25)
Special Attack: 109-->84 (swapped with Atk)
Special Defense: 85-->103 (+18)
Speed: 100-->116 (+16)
Total: 534-->634 (+100)

New Moves: Rapid Spin, Explosion, Head Charge
Description: Ok so, once again I wanted to stick with the monotype flavor that the Johto starters have. With Typhlosion, I took inspiration from its Pokedex entries to create it. SoulSilver (and others) state: " It has a secret, devastating move. It rubs its blazing fur together to cause huge explosions." And I was just like, BROOOOOOO HOW DOES IT NOT HAVE EXPLOSION. I also added Rapid Spin which is basically stronger Flame Charge+Hazard Removal and is a super cool tech, and then Head Charge for an additional reliable physical Fire STAB. It actually already has Quick Attack so it has Fire Priority, another cool tech, as well. I should also mention that it gets Crush Claw which can be kinda rad as well. Typhlosion has a great physical movepool and this sub takes great advantage of this. It basically is a wallbreaker that actually busts through many conventional types that wall Fire: It has access to Wild Charge/Thunder Punch for bulky Waters, Throat Chop for Slowbro, Rock Slide for nothing in particular, Earthquake for Heatran or Pex, Brick Break/Submission/Low Kick for certain others I'm sure, and Iron Tail for Fairies.
Typhlosion @ Typhlosionite
Ability: Flash Fire
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Head Charge
-Earthquake
-Wild Charge/Thunder Punch/Throat Chop
-Quick Attack/Rapid Spin/Explosion
First number column: first-place votes
Second column: "runoff" votes (highligted in yellow)
Third column: total number of votes in any placement
1605982370014.png

bitbitio - 9
ausma, zxgzxg - 5
hematite, drpumpkinz - 2
mossy sandwich, vizar, full_korbe, hematemasis - 1

:feraligatr: Mega Feraligatr: Ausma !!
:ss/feraligatr:

/

Ability: Savage (When the user uses a bite move, the user will hit 2-5 times at 1/3 power.)

HP: 85
Atk: 145 (+40)
Def: 80 (-20)
SpA: 134 (+55)
SpD: 103 (+20)
Spe: 83 (+5)
New Moves: Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang

Reasoning
:

A bit more of an unconventional wallbreaker. I wanted to design a wallbreaker/cleaner that made use of multi-hits as a way to build its gameplan. It has Seismic Toss, so I decided to instead draw from some of its Pokedex flavor and take note of its savage nature, and how much it digs into its opponents with its jaws. Obviously, this was perfectly suit for a Dark-type, and it now has STAB Crunch/Bite to work with, which are both complimented by its signature ability in Savage. This multi-hit attack provides some inconsistency, however, it does give the Mega Feraligatr user the ability to exploit biting moves' secondary effects while punishing Substitute/Focus Sash users. It also makes good use out of its mixed stats thanks to having access to some good special moves like Focus Blast and Ice Beam, letting it perform as a decent wallbreaker and cleaner. It is balanced with a meh speed tier, less than stellar unboosted offenses, and a vulnerability to priority moves with a staggering defense drop.

I opted to give it Sucker Punch as a compliment to the secondary effects of its main biting moves. It can spread interesting status conditions with the elemental fangs, create defense drops with Crunch, and create flinches with Bite. Sucker Punch was given to it as a way to pick off these foes that it can chip down.

Flavor:

It dons darker colors, similar to Typhlosion, and takes a more sinister, jaded look with larger fangs and sharper angles. There is huge flavor in its Dark-type, being savage with its biting attacks.
1605982452594.png

Ausma - 5 first placements, 7 total placements
War incarnate - 5 first placements, 6 total placements
hematemasis - 4
drpumpkinz - 3
zxgzxg - 2
megaflareon, full_korbe, mossy sandwich, vizar, choicescarfed, palpitoadchamp - 1

The next round of the Mega Spooky Cup is under way!
The next set of matchups are:
Hematemesis v. inkbug
Ausma v. IsoCon

kakaks v. Hematite
ChoiceScarfed v. MegaFlareon
Ainzcrad v. BotwNerd745
zxgzxg v. War Incarnate

The poll for adding a new item - Acidic Seed, for Mega Dragalge's Acidic Terrain - has concluded!
We will be adding an Acidic Seed to be used alongside Mega Dragalge.

Our next slate is a titanic one if I do say so myself! These giant contenders are going to be the topic of the thread for the next week:
:ss/regirock: :ss/regice: :ss/registeel:
Submissions for Mega Regirock, Mega Regice and Mega Registeel will close in 96 hours from now, as usual -- that's this time on Wednesday the 25th of November!

However, since these Pokemon are Legendary, they don't require a whole lot to be broken, despite their low usage ranking. We have some guidelines for you to follow when submitting for these:​
Hematite said:
- for this slate, reliable recovery (moves that restore 50% or more of the user's HP, and also Regenerator and any comparable customs) is banned,
- and also just a reminder not to go crazy just because the Titans are low-tier as they are - their high BSTs will matter when you do stuff like changing their Abilities and giving them better moves. We are still aiming these at the same power level as any ordinary Mega, and their Legendary status doesn't mean they deserve to be stronger than everything else!

That's all! As always, I look forward to seeing your submissions! ^o^​

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:bw/regirock: Mega Regirock
New Ability
: Quarry (Uppon getting hit by a super effective, the user sets Stealth Rock)
Type: Rock

New stats:
HP: 80 => 80 (+0)
Atk: 100 => 140 (+40)
Def: 200 => 240 (+40)
Sp. Atk: 50 => 50 (+0)
Sp. Def: 100 => 105 (+5)
Init: 50 => 65 (+15)
BST: 580 => 680

New moves: Power Gem, Teleport, Head Smash, Accelerock, Teleport
Description:
This Pokémon is supposed to take hits and provide utility while doing it. It can be used as a sacrifice and give its team somekind of advantages going forward.

Sampe set
Regirock @ Regirockite
Ability: Quarry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Body Press
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

:bw/regice: Mega Regice:
New Ability
: Negative Degree (Ice moves do 2x damage against Water-types and the Pokémon is resistant to Water)
Type: Ice

New stats:
Atk: 50 => 125 (+75)
Def: 100 => 105 (+5)
Sp. Atk: 100 => 125 (+25)
Sp. Def: 200 => 210 (+10)
Init: 50 => 35 (-15)

New moves: Icicle Crash, Freeze Dry, Aurora Veil, Ice Hammer, Glaciate, Ice Shard, Teleport
Description: This Pokémon is a check to Water-types. Dealing more damage with Ice moves (Freeze Dry is also boosted) and take their STAB moves more easily. Atk. and Sp. Attack are equal to make a potential mixed attacker.

Sampe set
Regice @ Regicite
Ability: Negative Degree
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

:bw/registeel: Mega Registeel:
New Ability
: Bouncy Metal (Fighting-type attacks do 50% less damage)
Type: Steel

New stats:
Atk: 75 => 135 (+60)
Def: 150 => 180 (+30)
Sp. Atk: 75 => 135 (+60)
Sp. Def: 150 => 100 (-50)
Init: 50 => 50 (+0)

New moves: Magic Coat, Autonomize, Metal Sound, Bullet Punch, Teleport
Description: Inspired by its Dex entry, its sturdy yet elastic metal body softens Fighting-type attacks. This effectively removes one of three weaknesses, he has to worry about.

Sampe set
Registeel @ Registeelite
Ability: Bouncy Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Last edited:
:ss/regirock:
Mega Regirock
Ability: Rebuild - When this pokemon doesn't get hit during a turn it heals 1/12th of its max hp at the end of the turn.

Hp: 80
Att: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Def: 200 -> 230 (+30)
Spec Att: 50 -> 80 (+30)
Spec Def: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Sped: 50 -> 40 (-10)

New Moves: Accelerock, Sucker Punch

Description: This pokemon is going to be a defensive wall with an ability that heals it slowly by rebuilding itself with the ground around it like its pokedex entries say from Pokemon Uranium. Accelerock is for some priority that this pokemon is missing. Sucker Punch is for killing pokemon that attack you but would out speed and may not take you out but would still stop your ability from activating.

:ss/regice:
Mega Regice
Ability: Zero Kelvin - This pokemon is immune to fire type moves

Att: 50 -> 70 (+20)
Def: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Spec Att: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Spec Def: 200 -> 230 (+30)

New Moves: Freeze Dry, Icicle Crash, Hydro Pump

Description: This pokemon's dex entries state that you could submerge this pokemon in magma and it wouldn't melt so I made that into an ability. This pokemon is the ultimate counter for fire types. The only problem is if they have steel or rock coverage which most do so it isn't unbalanced. Freeze Dry is for the fact that it is so cold it would freeze water easily. Icicle Crash is because this thing is a giant icicle so it only makes sense. Hydro Pump is for countering fire types more but that can be removed if it is too strong.

:ss/registeel:
Mega Registeel
Ability: Magnet Pull.

Att: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Def: 150 -> 175 (+25)
Spec Att: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Spec Def: 150 -> 175 (+25)

New Moves: Bullet Punch

Description: I decided to be creative for this one so I made Registeel a steel type counter with magnet pull. This pokemon traps in opposing steel types and can wallop them with Body Press or Earthquake. Although lots of steel types get earthquake themselves and are most likely faster then this titan. This pokemon has bullet punch for some priority.

Last edited:
Regice
Mega Regice
New Ability
: Restructuration (Regice receives 50% less damage from Fire moves, and when hit by a Fire move, it will gain a secondary Fire type and make it immune to hazards so long as it has the dual Ice and Fire type. If it's Ice/Fire, it will have its weight halved.)

New stats:
Attack: 50
Defense: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Special Attack: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Special Defense: 200 -> 230 (+30)
Speed: 50
BST: 580 -> 680 (+100)

New moves:
competitive: Overheat, Freeze-Dry
flavour: Life Dew (to refer to the movie where Ash met the titans in the Tree of Life), Burn Up, Weather Ball

Description:
Poké-Scientists know that the ice from the Ice Age makes Regice's body unaffected by magma, but they never really understood why that was so, especially since the Ice Age is long gone. Thanks to Mega Evolution, they found out that while Regice's body is extremely cold on the outside, it stores all the warm energy in its core. Combined with its gravitational force, Regice's body can maintain its solid form. Moreover, these scientists were quite surprised when they saw that when hit by a Fire move, Mega Regice would restructure its body to make it extremely hot and solid/liquid at the same time.

If you're wondering where I got this idea: In real life, scientists discovered hot ice on a planet. Through testing, they found out that, under extreme pressure and heat, ice will be actually solid and liquid (don't ask me how, all I got was that it seems to be a new state) and extremely hot.
That said, I imagine Mega Regice to be black to mirror hot ice, and blue if it's shiny.
Its access to Fire moves like Overheat and Burn Up can be explained by the fact that it stores warm energy in the inside, similar to how some planets are extremely cold on the outside, but the deeper you go into the inner, the warmer it gets. When the temperature reaches its zenith, Regice will unleash it via Overheat/Burn Up. Interestingly enough, only a Fire Pkm can actually use Burn Up because if you are no longer a Fire type, it won't affect the opposing Pkm. So, Regice can use Burn Up only if it's mega-evolved and turned into an Ice/Fire Pkm. Furthermore, Burn Up helps it to get rid off its secondary Fire type if you want.
Its immunity to hazards when it's Ice/Fire can be explained by the fact that the extreme pressure turned its body super solid.
As for its Special Defense, that's as high as Shuckle's, which makes sense if it actually wants to show its titanic Special Defense.

Regirock
Mega Regirock
New Ability
: Reconstruction (Heals 1/16 of its HP each turn. If Sand Storm is active, it will heal 1/8 of its HP.)

New stats:
Attack: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Defense: 200 -> 230 (+30)
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 100 -> 130 (+30)

New moves:
flavour: Life Dew (to refer to the movie where Ash met the titans in the Tree of Life)

Description:
230 physical Defense mirrors Shuckle's and Mega Steelix's highest defense stat. Mega Regirock is more of a tank that can actually threaten with Body Press, especially if it's boosted by Iron Defense. Its ability allows it to make better use of its defensive nature, especially when combined with Protect and Sand Storm. Moreover, it makes sense as the Pokédex entry emphasizes its ability to repair its body when hurt.

Registeel
Mega Registeel (Weight is doubled during Mega-Evolution)
New Ability: Reconfiguration (When hit by an attack, Registeel will launch a beam at the attacker and make it susceptible to Steel moves. The effect disappears if the attacker switches out. So, very similar to Tar Shot, minus the Speed drop.)

New stats:
Attack: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Defense: 150 -> 180 (+30)
Special Attack: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Special Defense: 150 -> 180 (+30)

New moves:
flavour: Life Dew (to refer to the movie where Ash met the titans in the Tree of Life), Hone Claws, Scratch, Slash, Night Slash, Dazzling Gleam
competitive: Earth Power

Description:
In the Trading Card Game, Registeel is often seen with moves that have sth. to do with beams. Therefore, I decided to mirror it in this mod where it could exert some offensive pressure as a tank, especially if it uses Block on a Pkm. The ability is balanced out by its rather low offensive stats and by moves like U-Turn or Volt Switch since the new Pkm that comes in isn't affected by Registeel's ability, logically.
Mega Registeel's defensive spread mirrors the spread development of my Mega Regice and Mega Regirock. Note how Mega Registeel's defensive stats are exactly 50 points lower than the highest stat of Mega Regice and Mega Regirock, just like their non Mega form.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
:regice: Mega Regice
New Ability
: Borealis [Upon entry, sets Aurora Veil (even without Hail)]

New stats:
Attack: 50 -> 80 (+30)
Defense: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Special Attack: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Special Defense: 200
Speed: 50 -> 70 (+20)
(BST)

New moves: None
Description: Shining brightly like a crystal, Mega Regice appears! Yes, the effect of its ability is very strong, but there's some caveats with it that keep it from being overwhelming, which involve its item slot. Firstly, it can't hold Light Clay, so it has to keep coming into battle to put up the veil. Compared with AlolaTales, Mega Regice doesn't need to spend a turn putting up the veil. But because AlolaTales can hold Light Clay, it actually gives its team more turns with the veil. This means Regice will need to pivot in and out to set up the Veil again, which complicates things because it also can't hold HDB, so it takes hazard damage every time it comes in. Without access to any recovery, except Rest, it simply can't come in and out a lot to refresh the Veil, which may need to happen a lot due to Defog. If Regice switches in during a turn, the veil count will still drop at the end of the turn. And Regice needs to switch back out for its teammate to come in to take advantage of it, leaving it with only 3 turns of support.

To further ensure it won't be overwhelming, I 'threw away' half of its mega stats into Atk and Spe, both of which are still too low to care about. Mega Evolving also gives it an opportunity cost, as there are lots of great megas that would want Regice's effect on their team, but they both can't coexist on it. Outside of being a veil-bot, it really does nothing outside of T-Wave hax. Its movepool is still barren with Focus Blast and Flash Cannon being its only coverage moves, so it gets walled fairly easily. And despite being defensive, it still has its awful typing for defense, which, again, limits how frequently it can enter battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)