3rd RMT: XY OU- Manaphy Sweep Peaked at #22 1897

Hello all! This is my 3rd RMT here, 2nd OU. You can check out my other RMT's here and here. So some background info on the team, I first started using this Manaphy set beause Starmaster suggested it over Tail Glow Manaphy on my mono water team. I fell in love with it so quickly because it swept manymany more teams than tail glow did. I loved it so much, I decided to make a whole team based around a hopeful Manaphy sweep. As I've used this team I realized I didn't try to get in Manaphy and sweep, I just played normally and if the chance arose, I brought in Manaphy. So here's the team:
Team building Process:
Well first off, I obviously need the Manaphy to perform this sweep.
Since I had Manaphy, I thought it would be great to have a rain setter and Politoed sounded like a perfect idea.
Now that I have two water pokemon, an obvious weakness is electric types, so why not a strong, fast, ground type to kill them electrics?
I noticed I have a little problem with water absorb pokemon and breloom fit the bill to smash em. Along with killing them, I noticed it worked perfect to surprise talonflames and mega pinsirs with the sash rockslide.
So I needed two bulky pokemon to pivot my team and take some hits so I Latias is perfect for that since it was nice to have another electric resistance, also Latias was my defogger and mega scizor was a great pivot and physical wall.
After I had this team down I pm'd Nog to ask for a little help on the team and he pointed out some erros
Nog pointed out to me Politoed was basically dead weight and I agreed with him on that. He pointed out I also lack a fire type, rock setter, and a phaze and what better pokemon fits that description the the mighty Heatran? It was a great addition to the team and worked great. Nog fixed some movesets on chomp and breloom that prooved helpful. The new addition to Latios was for Memento since Latias can't learn it and Memento works great in late game situations. Mega Scizor was given defog now that Latios got the move memento added in.
After more testing and battling, I decided to bring back Latias for Healing Wish.
That's how I came about this team, now for the good stuff.

All things changed will be strike-through and next to it will be the change in red font
The Team:

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 236 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk/ 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Scald
Here's the star of the team<3 CM Manaphy can take physical hits like a champ and once it sets up that cm there's no stopping it(Unless crit :[) Once its threats are gone, Manaphy finishes off the rest. Many people ask "Why CM over Tail Glow?" The answer is simple. Bulk and durability. CM Manaphy is def in the top 3 of my favorite sets to use so far in this gen and is the main reason I made this team. 16 Speed evs to outspeed 252 non-nautre boosting 70 base speed pokemon, namely Bisharp

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Roar
While I was in the beginning stages of my Team Building, Nog pointed out I was missing a fire type, rock setter, and a phazer. Heatran fits all those categories and is the perfect pokemon for that. Politoed was pretty much dead weight and Heatran puts in work for this team whether it be that hopeful burn, setting up those rocks, toxic those walls, or roaring them set ups it does a great job.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SpAtk
Jolly Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
Here I needed a ground-type to take electric hits for manaphy. I also needed a fast, strong physical attacker and what better pokemon fits that description then chompy? He can hit most of the metagame for a good amount of damage and once its checks/counters are gone he can spam earthquake or outrage freely. Chomp is great for late game sweeping when Manaphy can't do the job. Fire Blast is to hit ferros

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch
I needed something to deal with water absorb pokemon and it wouldn't be bad to have a couple checks to other pokemon too. Surprisingly, Breloom outspeeds a lot more pokemon than you would think and it surprises my opponent and even me sometimes. Breloom always comes in the clutch when I need it to and it works like a charm against Talon/Mega-Pinsir if my sash is still on. Breloom is overall just a good pokemon to deal with many problems.

Latios Latias (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Memento Healing Wish
- Reflect Defog
- Light Screen Draco Metero
- Draco Meteor Psychic
This set catches a lot of people off guard, as you can see a common theme on this team. I needed a decent bulky pokemon to be able to do something to allow Manaphy a hopeful free switch in. At first I went with Latias but then Nog suggested Latios with this new set since Latias can't learn Memento. Reflect and Light Screen for obvious reasons, Draco so its not completely useless against taunt Psychic is to hit Mega-Venu since I have nothing else to hit it hard and to not get a SpAtk drop, and Memento for those late games when I need to sac something and bring in someone else Healing Wish has proven much more helpful than Memento in keeping important pokemon alive for that battle. Latias works great on this team and also has levitate to switch into earthquake. Decided to just swap out dual screens and give it defog so mega scizor can get swords dance and a better EV Spread

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk 248 HP/44 Atk/116 Def/100 SpDef
Impish Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog Swords Dance
Mega-Scizor is my physical wall, defogger, pivoter, and for the most part my lead and it works great. I love the knock off so manaphy doesn't have to deal with some of those pesky items like leties or choice items. Scizor is great on switching into physical attacks as long as its not a fire attack. Sometimes I take a burn on Scizor since I'm not really looking for attack power rather I'm looking for a good pivot or defog and roost works great for those reasons. Bullet Punch is for much needed priority STAB. Switched defoggers with Lati so I gave Scizor SD and a better EV Spread which works much better than the Defog set did.

Here's a small threat list so far:
Kyurem-B: This guy rekts practically my whole team if breloom loses its sash or if chomp is dead. If I play right, it would be that bad. Bullet Punch on Scizor can handle his pretty well.

Talonflame/Mega-Pinsir: If breloom loses its sash or if manaphy is hurt the the point where brave bird/return OHKOs, they could cause a small problem and will force me to sac a pokemon

Rotom-Wash: If I let it burn my team and continue to volt switch against all my pokemon, it's a small annoying problem to deal with, but not too bad.

Greninja: If I lose my sash on breloom or if scarfchomp is dead, Greninja can hurt my team a lot, but as long as I play smart there shouldn't be a problem.

Mega-Venusaur: Can stall out my mons a bit but I can try and set up on it with manaphy if I can get a good switch in or hope for some hax because it will eventually come with all of the stalling mega venu is doing

That's about it so far with the threatlist.

Shout-outs:
Nog - Nog is love, Nog is life :^) hue Nog helped me with the core of this team and was a big part in helping make it, so thanks Noggy for being a helpful and chill guy
Starmaster = for the awesome Calm Mind Manaphy set even though I thanked him a million times and he's probably pissed he keeps getting alerts from me tagging him in these things. Too bad he's my slave and I could care less what he thinks :^)
Vaporeon_for_Ubers - Who suggested the Manaphy EV change, the change from Draco to Psychic on Latios and the change from Dclaw to Fire Blast on Chomp
Stone Alchemist and TrueKite for the Latias w/ Healing Wish for an alternate of Memento Latios
Stone Alchemist for suggesting Bullet Punch over U-turn on Mega-Scizor
Andrew - for the Manaphy art :)
Blue Frog - for the amazing banner!

That's about it for my team! Please, please, please leave any suggestions to make this team better, all valid suggestions will be taken into account! Thanks for reading, until my next RMT, see yah!

If you use this team please give me credit<3

Importable:

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Scald

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage

Breloom @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
Wow. I know u don't know me but I dread stall/semi stall but something about your team draws me in and that manaphy, 100/100/100 defences on a boosting wall is really good but onto the rate :
I recommend Latias > Latios because yes its more of a bulky poke but its a far from expected set.
Also its a lot bulkier and I feel it would do the job better with exactly the same evs and moves.
Well other than that I see no flaws. Good team. :) also if you're ever online at the same time I will challenge you. Is that okay?
~Suaver

Wow. I know u don't know me but I dread stall/semi stall but something about your team draws me in and that manaphy, 100/100/100 defences on a boosting wall is really good but onto the rate :
I recommend Latias > Latios because yes its more of a bulky poke but its a far from expected set.
Also its a lot bulkier and I feel it would do the job better with exactly the same evs and moves.
Well other than that I see no flaws. Good team. :) also if you're ever online at the same time I will challenge you. Is that okay?
~Suaver
Latias can't learn Memento

Keep in mind if you use Latias it doesn't learn Memento, it learns Healing Wish which is arguably a way better move. I'm actually using a Latias with that EXACT set and it works wonders for me. The only unscarfed pokemon that can outspeed and kill it in one hit before screens that comes to mind are Greninja and Noivern.

TrueKite I might try that one, but the reason Memento works is so Manaphy has an easier time setting up because Manaphy could very well be at full health anyways

Imo, Heatran with Rocks is a waste. Scarfed Heatran works, sashed Garchomp for setter. Overall, The CM Manaphy set is by far creative, exploiting it's already high defensive capabilities while also adding to attack. Aside from crits, Dragon Tail and such would be a major issue for you. The team as a whole has alot of Potential man, good job. Hope to see more sets to 'borrow' from you ;)

ProfessorStein Garchomp is mainly just an all-out attacker, that's why he is scarfed. Tran gets the rocks because he is very capable of setting them up as long as no ground attacks. Thanks for the advice though, if something needs a change I'll maybe try those changes! Thank you bby

Last edited:
Hello Psychological. Long time no see.

This is a nice team you've got there. However, like all others, it has its cons. The main purpose of the team is to help Manaphy sweep. Like you said, you have Breloom to deal with Water Absorb Pokemon. The problem? Breloom is not a steady enough counter for the likes of Gastrodon, Vaporeon, Quagsire, etc. The opponent merely has to switch to a Breloom counter (often Venusaur) and wear down Breloom over time, which is easy due to it merely having and focus sash and no recovery. After that, it is extremely hard for your team to deal with the above water types. I suggest a Max Defense and HP Chesnaught in the place of Breloom to have more longevity for your grass type. It performs quite the same functions, but much more defensively. (W/ Synthesis, Seed Bomb, Spiky Shield, Filler.)

I agree with the others to switch out Memento Latios for Healing Wish Latias. While Memento helps you get some easy setup for Manaphy, Healing Wish is much more effective at helping your team. Only 2 of your team has recovery, and most are easily prone to status. At the middle/end of the battle, Healing Wish can be a lifesaver for yourself, and a nightmare for an opponent that thought a Pokemon was basically useless. Latias has much better defenses and does the same job, but better. Memento isn't really necessary when screens already do the job.

Add Bullet Punch on Scizor. You need it. Just do it.

Pinsir and Mega Venusaur seem to be a bit of a problem for you, but I don't know what you would replace to deal with them.

Nice team altogether though.

Hello Psychological. Long time no see.

This is a nice team you've got there. However, like all others, it has its cons. The main purpose of the team is to help Manaphy sweep. Like you said, you have Breloom to deal with Water Absorb Pokemon. The problem? Breloom is not a steady enough counter for the likes of Gastrodon, Vaporeon, Quagsire, etc. The opponent merely has to switch to a Breloom counter (often Venusaur) and wear down Breloom over time, which is easy due to it merely having and focus sash and no recovery. After that, it is extremely hard for your team to deal with the above water types. I suggest a Max Defense and HP Chesnaught in the place of Breloom to have more longevity for your grass type. It performs quite the same functions, but much more defensively. (W/ Synthesis, Seed Bomb, Spiky Shield, Filler.)

I agree with the others to switch out Memento Latios for Healing Wish Latias. While Memento helps you get some easy setup for Manaphy, Healing Wish is much more effective at helping your team. Only 2 of your team has recovery, and most are easily prone to status. At the middle/end of the battle, Healing Wish can be a lifesaver for yourself, and a nightmare for an opponent that thought a Pokemon was basically useless. Latias has much better defenses and does the same job, but better. Memento isn't really necessary when screens already do the job.

Add Bullet Punch on Scizor. You need it. Just do it.

Pinsir and Mega Venusaur seem to be a bit of a problem for you, but I don't know what you would replace to deal with them.

Nice team altogether though.
Alright I'll take all of these into account as they all seem very viable, thanks a lot

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey there! I really like your team; it's very different from the norm and I feel that surprise factor can definitely help you in game. There are a few things I feel could help out your team tremendously, though. We already spoke on Frost regarding the speed evs on Manaphy, but to reiterate, you should definitely take at least 16 HP evs and move them to speed to outspeed adamant Bisharp. The minor loss in bulk is negligible, but the ability to outspeed Bisharp will save you in many situations. Also, I noticed that your team appears to struggle with bulky grass pokemon, especially Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn. Nothing on your team can hit Mega Venusaur for too much damage, whereas it can leech seed and just be annoying overall. Something I would suggest would be to replace Draco Meteor with Psychic on Latios just so you have a way to really damage Venusaur and potentially finish it off with something else. Psychic is a guaranteed 2HKO and would definitely speed up the process of taking out that annoyance. Ferrothorn, on the other hand, has no trouble switching in on everything on your team barring Heatran. Though you have Breloom, the lack of swords dance or a life orb means you only have a 22.2% chance of 3HKO'ing after leftovers recovery, whereas Ferrothorn has a guaranteed 3HKO with gyro ball. So, something I would recommend would be to replace Dragon Claw with Fire Blast on Garchomp. Though you lose out on a dragon type attack that you aren't locked into, the ability to easily 2HKO Ferrothorn is well worth it. You would also have to change Garchomp's nature from Jolly to Naive. -SpDef is preferable to -Def to keep Garchomp from being more susceptible to priority from the likes of Conkeldurr and Azumarill. If you take my suggestions into consideration, I feel that this team could really shine. If you do decide to change things around, let me know. I'll be on Frost more often. Good luck with the team!

Hey there! I really like your team; it's very different from the norm and I feel that surprise factor can definitely help you in game. There are a few things I feel could help out your team tremendously, though. We already spoke on Frost regarding the speed evs on Manaphy, but to reiterate, you should definitely take at least 16 HP evs and move them to speed to outspeed adamant Bisharp. The minor loss in bulk is negligible, but the ability to outspeed Bisharp will save you in many situations. Also, I noticed that your team appears to struggle with bulky grass pokemon, especially Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn. Nothing on your team can hit Mega Venusaur for too much damage, whereas it can leech seed and just be annoying overall. Something I would suggest would be to replace Draco Meteor with Psychic on Latios just so you have a way to really damage Venusaur and potentially finish it off with something else. Psychic is a guaranteed 2HKO and would definitely speed up the process of taking out that annoyance. Ferrothorn, on the other hand, has no trouble switching in on everything on your team barring Heatran. Though you have Breloom, the lack of swords dance or a life orb means you only have a 22.2% chance of 3HKO'ing after leftovers recovery, whereas Ferrothorn has a guaranteed 3HKO with gyro ball. So, something I would recommend would be to replace Dragon Claw with Fire Blast on Garchomp. Though you lose out on a dragon type attack that you aren't locked into, the ability to easily 2HKO Ferrothorn is well worth it. You would also have to change Garchomp's nature from Jolly to Naive. -SpDef is preferable to -Def to keep Garchomp from being more susceptible to priority from the likes of Conkeldurr and Azumarill. If you take my suggestions into consideration, I feel that this team could really shine. If you do decide to change things around, let me know. I'll be on Frost more often. Good luck with the team!
All of your suggestions I agree with 100% actually and will implement them immediately! Thank you!

Lol , sorry I couldnt battle u , no wifi :( this is my phone :(
Also I noticed no bullet punch on scizor ... why :( it would 2hko kyurem-b
It's all good and there wasn't bullet because I just didn't think of it. U-turn and knock off help very much and I'm having trouble deciding which one to take off

Peak for right now, haven't battle with it since last night. Also updated the OP by adding Alternates, fixed mega-scizor's set, and added more to the shout-out section

Using Fire Blast on Garchomp instead of Fire Fang lets you 2HKO Skarmory.

• 0 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 176-208 (52.6 - 62.2%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 Atk Garchomp Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 82-98 (24.5 - 29.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
Fire Fang also leaves Garchomp susceptible to a lot of chip damage from Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs.

U-turn on Scizor instead of Knock Off can be used to buy momentum after Defogging as opposed to a hard switch but the utility value of Knock Off is very nice. 56 Speed EVs could also be useful on Mega Scizor to outrun Max speed Adamant Azumarill and Mawile and more importantly avoid eating a Fire Fang from Mawile with U-Turn. This also creeps uninvested base 80s.

40 speed on Heatran is good for the exact same reason in terms of out running Max neutral base 50s and uninvested 80s.

Nice team!

Last edited:
Still trying to find a bulky offense team better than this :3
Trust me there are plenty of better bulky offensive teams out there :P but Thanks :]

Using Fire Blast on Garchomp instead of Fire Fang lets you 2HKO Skarmory.

• 0 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 176-208 (52.6 - 62.2%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 Atk Garchomp Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 82-98 (24.5 - 29.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
Fire Fang also leaves Garchomp susceptible to a lot of chip damage from Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs.

U-turn on Scizor instead of Knock Off can be used to buy momentum after Defogging as opposed to a hard switch but the utility value of Knock Off is very nice.

Nice team!
I was switching back and forth between fire blast and fang because i kept missing fire blast and it was a pain, tran is usually my skarm counter so for right now im going to keep fang, i might eventually take away fire completely and change it to dclaw so i dont get stuck in outrage. But thanks I will take that into account if something needs to change!
I have tried U-turn over Knock Off and Knock Off has helped me 10x more than U-Turn so I won't be changing that anytime soon.
Thanks for the suggestions though and thanks :]

No problem friend. Also edited my post to include a few suggestions for speed creeping. :] Personally, 40 speed on Heatran has got me out of a lot of sticky situations.
Ah, I will def try out the speed suggestions. Thanks!
[Edit] Gave chomp Fire Blast again
[Edit 2] Fixed Latias set and Mega Scizor set

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)