4 Offense and 2 Defense combo

Hey all, so with the banning of Tornadus-T I've been testing out this team a bit and it's been giving me some really good results actually. Seems now that Tornadus-T is gone, the team made a while back now is a bit more brilliant in it's offensive approach. Just dropping this by to see how it could be a bit better, as well as if you guys wish to use it. Out of all the battles I've had, it's nabbed me about 3-4 6-0 wins.

The Weather Starter

Politoed @ leftovers (Frogger)
Trait: Drizzle
252 HP 252 SDef 4 Def
Nature: Calm
Moves
Scald
Perish Song
Toxic
Protect

Reason: the team is still designed around a drizzle core as all 6 of the team benefits from the rain in some way or another (whether it be better bulk, or harder hitting moves) The main plan is keep Politoed alive to be the last weather starter out thus I automatically win the war. The reson for scald, toxic, and perish son on the same Politoed is because of what the team needs to counter. Protect for scouting and leftover gain purposes.

The God Of Thunder

Thundurus-T @ Life Orb (I Am Zeus)
Trait: Volt Absorb
252 SpA 252 Spe 4 HP
Nature: Modest
Moves:
Agility
Thunder
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Ice

Reason: Thundurus-T is often the one of the used to be two therians that were common on rain teams. With Tornadus-T gone, he functions even better as the Therian in rain. Agility because you can often force switches enough or come in on someone with something like, say, Ferrothorn with thunder wave and proceed to set up and outspeed everything in the meta. Thunder because perfect accuracy in the rain + STAB makes it the attack of choice most times. Focus Blast for Ferro/Tyranitar (thunder virtually hits everything else harder) Hidden power ice for gliscors/latios/latias/hippowdon.

The Technical Annoyer
Breloom @ Life Orb (Hate Me)
Trait: Technician
Nature: Jolly
252 atk 252 spe 4 hp
Moves:
Spore
Swords Dance
Mach Punch
Bullet Seed

Reason: Breloom is more or less a sort of other weather counter, not to mention if Ferrothorn doesn't have thunder wave, it is now set up fodder for the might Techniloom. Techniloom can also outspeed plenty of walls/slower hitters, put them to sleep, and then proceed to set up in their face. He's usually best as late game cleanup when all of the things that won't die right away are gone.

Everyone's favorite Spiker

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers (TouchMeBabe
Trait: Iron Barbs
Nature: Sassy
252 HP 252 SDef 4 Def
Moves:
Gyro Ball
Protect
Leech Seed
Spikes

Reason: I needed an entry hazard user for the team. I am honestly thinking of replacing spikes for Stealth Rocks just due to the fact that I have no one to set up the rocks on this team, and that can be problematic for certain dragons named Dragonite. Gyro Ball was for Tornadus-T just so that I could get weaken it a bit better, now that it's gone I'm thinking Power Whip might be the superior choice in addition to adding thunder wave over protect, although protect is useful to get an extra turn of leech seed and leftovers recovery.

The Brony Fan's Favorite

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf (BronyLove
Trait: Justified
Nature: Timid
252 SpA 252 Spe 4 HP
Moves:
Hydro Pump
Secret Sword
Icy Wind
Hidden Power Grass

Reason: I figured every good rain team needed a Keldeo. I decided the choice scarf set over the choice specs because of it's potent revenge killing capabilities. Icy wind to deal with gliscors as well as dragons (the lower speed is nice for something else to come in and finish it off or force a switch). Also I needed to get both an ice move and a grass move for Gastrodon (it's a huge check to the team otherwise if Breloom is out of the picture)

The Wannabe Gundam

Scizor @ Leftovers (Nu Gundam)
Trait: Technician
Nature: Adamant
252 HP 40 Atk 216 SDef
Moves:
Swords Dance
Roost
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Reason: I chose the bulky swords dance over the offensive one because of its ability to be a real annoyance in a rain team. In rain it can take most hits that would otherwise KO it, as well as roost off the damage or set up a swords dance. It's almost never a problem to set up a swords dance with this set and sometimes I can get two. After two swords dance, only Rotom Wash or Heatran can still take hits.

Threat Analysis: Dragonite is a huge threat to this team because of the lack of Stealth rocks, Gastrodon can be a huge check to it if both Breloom and Keldeo are gone. Heatran scares two of the members outside of rain (while Sp Def Heatran can just sit there and laugh at hits.) Magnezone could be a threat if it traps either Ferro or Scizor in. Mamoswine if either Keldeo or Scizor or Breloom are gone to counter it. Venasaur is a threat in the sun (never let Politoed die while Venasaur still lives) Other weathers throw off thunder's accuracy. I believe this is it for key threats as most everything else is handled. Analyze away, critic and add helpful changes.

Hey man, cool team here! This is an interesting rain team, I like the use of Thundurus-t, He's really a great underrated sweeper, however your team desperately requires Stealth Rocks, because they are very useful in the metagame, and helps a lot against all team, breaking any Focus Sash and promoting the sweep of your Pokèmon, helping in this case Thundurus-t / Scizor / Breloom.

So, you can change your Ferrothorn set..

Code:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers (TouchMeBabe
Nature: Sassy
252 HP 252 SDef 4 Def
Moves:
Gyro Ball
Protect
Leech Seed
Spikes

..in this:

Code:
Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

This set allow you to place Stealth Rock and Spikes, but you have to take off Protect, taking Leech Seed which is very good on him.

Now, time for Thundurus-t. Agility is a very good choice, after the +2 in Speed, if the opponent doesn't have a Pokèmon able to stop it, such as Mamoswine (with Ice Shard he can shut down Thundurus), it become unstoppable. In this case, i would suggest to change nature, from Modest to Rash and with Superpower instead of Focus Blast, for hit better stuff such as Chansey or Tyranitar (He doesn't OHKOed by Focus Blast / Superpower if He hold Chople Berry).

I also noticed a severe weakness to Entry Hazard (Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes), especially the last mentioned. If they are in the field, Politoed can remain seriously damaged, not guaranteeing in any way the Weather War, and also Keldeo would become useless, especially if in addition to Toxic Spikes there are also Spikes and Stealth Rock, because with the indirect damage that he take, it will not be able to get it back on the field again. That 's why I suggest Tentacruel instead of Breloom (he's not necessary in this team, it would OHKOed by SpecsKeldeo or SpecsPolitoed with Hydro Pump), because he can absorb Toxic Spikes, spin the Hazard and abusing Rain in order to recover HP.

However, moves the EV from SpDef to Def on Politoed. He take always severe damage from special moves such as Thunderbolt, Draco Meteor, and it will be useless. In Def you can stand some Phisical Moves. But if you have problem with Dragonite, you can use ScarfToed with Ice Beam and with Timid Nature, in order to Outspeed Adamant +1 Dragonite.

The last change that i suggest is to put Specs on Keldeo instead of Scarf, because in Rain you can spam Hydro Pump with 2 boosts (STAB + Rain), and deal severe damage to the opposite Pokèmon, but when you're not in Rain, you can always deal severe damage with the other STAB, Secret Sword, or you can spam random Hydro Pump lol.

Resuming the changes

Tentacruel (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Substitute

This set outspeed Jolly Breloom and you can Sub before he use Spore.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Thundurus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Agility
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower

Politoed (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Perish Song

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Hope that help ^^

Sup, cool rain team. Swords Dance Lucario can be quite the threat, at +2 it manages to OHKO your whole team is Stealth Rock is up, bar Keldeo, who will go down if it has taken a hit before. Dragonite is also a problem, as you mentioned, since you lack Stealth Rock. I highly recommend using the Ferrothorn set Itachi mentioned as it provides Rocks and maximizes defensive capabilities. Keldeo can survive a +1 Extremespeed and OHKO Dragonite after Multiscale is broken with Icy Wind. As for the Lucario problem, I think replacing Scizor with Quagsire would be a solid decision. Physically Defensive Quagisre blocks any boosts due to Unaware, which helps you deal with your SD Lucario problem, just make sure you aren't switching into a Close Combat, otherwise you will be 2HKO'ed. Otherwise, Quagsire takes the Close Combat and OHKO's with Earthquake after the Life Orb Recoil. Quagsire also solves some other issues for your team that you mentioned. Magnezone is OHKO'ed by Earthquake, while Quagsire is immune to Thunderbolt and takes Flash Cannon and Hidden Power Fire easily. Quagsire as well handles Special Defensive Heatran, who you mentioned as well. Heatran gets smacked by Earthquake for the OHKO. The only thing you have to worry about is being poisoned. Mamoswine is dealt with well too as long as Quagsire doesn't switch into Earthquake and it can retaliate with a rain boosted Scald. Overall, Quagsire patches up many problems and fits pretty well as it can potentially stop boosting sweepers from doing damage.

Hope I helped and here is Quagsire.

Set:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Yawn
- Recover

Hi there. I like the use of Breloom and Scizor together in rain :) looks pretty nice. However, I'm seeing a few things that could be made better.

Firstly, the nitpicky things. Ferrothorn is the best option for a user of Stealth Rock on this team in place of Spikes. You already pointed out your need for Stealth Rock because Dragonite and also Volcarona with Hurricane are very threatening. The EV spread could also be better on Ferrothorn, try 252HP / 88Def / 168SpD Relaxed. Choice Scarf Keldeo should have Surf over Hydro Pump as it is a revenge killer first and a sweeper second, it prefers the reliability. Finally, on Scizor, try Superpower in place of Bug Bite. It may help with its weakness to Heatran and Magnezone.

Now for the real change. This team is obviously very offensive in nature, yet you have a defensive Politoed? I recommend using a Choice Specs Politoed in place of your current set.
Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
This set allows you to power through your opponent's weather inducers and maintain a powerful offensive presence. Even those pokemon that resist water need a lot of bulk to avoid being 2HKOed by Hydro Pump. As an example, standard Choice Scarf Salamence with a Naive nature is OHKOed after rocks, receiving 75.8% minimum. The rest of the moves are simply for coverage against pokemon that can stand up to Hydro Pump. Overall, I think this Politoed might be a better fit for the nature of the team. It is a good team and I wish you all the best for its future :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)