(500 RMT) Only a LITTLE Annoying (UU Stall)

Hello everyone, I have been on Smogon for a while, and have posted more frequently in the recent months, and have gotten better over the years. Today I bring you a UU stall team, which even I did not expect to make, but why not? The idea was a stall team with a core of Mega Aggron/Chansey/Cofagrigus. This is the result.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Protect

Chansey. We all love not seeing it. My opponents are not as lucky :] Wish is huge as it provides recovery for everyone else on the team. Mega Aggron at 30% with some work left to do? Let's fix that. Heal Bell is also very crucial, curing status, particularly Burn on Mega Aggron/Toxic on Cofagrigus because they just HATE it. Toxic is Chanseys only way of dealing damage outside of Seismic Toss, but I find this unnecesary because I need consistent, threatening damage. I need to use Wish often and can not afford to be set up fodder. Pokemon with Recover/101 Subs also don't mind Seismic Toss, so once again Toxic is superior. I can handle the majority of Sub users through Cofagrigus with Mummy or Mega Aggron in itself. Protect is for obvious reasons, also (if it was still here) to say "hi Mega Medicham, enjoy smashing your knee into the wall." I use a specially defensive spread as all physical attackers are covered by Aggron and Cofagrigus.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

So I needed a Scarfer after making the core. I need: offensive presence, a powerful Fire type attack, momentum, and I had Defog. Darmanitan was too good not to put in. Flare Blitz will destroy your life, and that of anything switching in. It also 2HKOs the arguably #1 threat to this team, Life Orb Hydreigon. U-turn is for the important momentum any team loves, and Magnezone forms an impressive VoltTurn core with him. Superpower, again OHKOs Hydreigon and provides coverage. Basic stuff. Rock Slide once again is coverage, the EVs and item are extremely obvious.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I OHKO Rotom-W and more with a simple Volt Switch. Why Analytic? Because it's strong. The power boost is huge and of course, +SpAtk, Specs, Analytic attacks will hurt. Volt Switch for momentum, Thunderbolt for power, Flash Cannon is secondary STAB, HP Fire is for coverage. Sleep Talk and other HP types are possibilites in the last slot, but that is why this team is here. Quiet > Modest is a possibility too, but I'll take opinions. Keep in mind without lowering IVs base 50s always are slower then me even with Quiet. Otherwise, EVs provide bulk and power.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magic Coat

Why the hell do you have Magic Coat?

Because this thing is a magnet for Status, once people see by the moves or damage I deal or recieve, they may Toxic me, just to eat it themselves, also as filler. I think, especially with the nerf, Normal types are handled by Burn moreso then a weak HP Fighting. Pyroar is irrelevant. Rest is for last resort recovery which Chansey can fix later. Shadow Ball does a little damage to what it needs to, and can break Substitutes of frailer Pokemon. A physically defensive spread takes care of every possible attacker in the tier outside Hydreigon when combined with Aggron and Chansey.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Physically Defensive Mega Aggron will take a Close Combat. Then another. Then will kill you bevause you're at -2. It is RIDICULOUS how bulky this thing is on the physical side. LO Hydreigon (once again, the biggest threat to this team) still does only 80% with Fire Blast and will eat a TWave before I switch to the appropriate Pokemon, knowing it just got a lot easier. Iron Head is his strongest STAB and creates a "ParaFlinch" combo with Thunder Wave. Earthquake provides coverage, and osn't terribly weak uninvested, either. Stealth Rock because he sets it as many times as necesary. He loves taking a Wish from Chansey just so he can repeat the fun (for me) cycle again, making lack of recovery less of an issue.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spd
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock

Hi. You're dumb if you think those hazards are staying here. This Latias is here to Defog away any hazards (getting rid of my SR isn't huge, Aggron can easily reset them) to lessen residual damage. Leftovers is just plain obvious on this thing, while Roost gives it a source of recovery which this team lacks bar Chanseys WishPassing abilities. Dragon Pulse and Psyshock provide Latias with STAB moves to hit back somewhat hard with. The EVs outspeed those who creep +100s. (This hits 330, +100s hit 328.) Levitate is an important factor as well, because nothing on my team resists Ground.

Threats: I literally threaten and/or wall everything in the tier, except Life Orb Mixed Hydreigon, which is just not going to happen.

What I want: Roar on Aggron. I'm unsure of what to replace. Every move on the set is pretty important.

Here is the importable

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Protect

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magic Coat

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spd
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock

Last edited:
Is there anything particular you need a Cofagrigus for? Because if not, consider replacing it with Unaware Quagsire, otherwise set-up sweepers will be extremely challenging to beat. Or if you can sneak Florges in there, you'll have a counter for a mixed Hydreigon (the best it can do against specially defensive Florges is to hit it with Earthquake which is a 3HKO, and it's not even that common move when Heatran is not around).

And I'd definetly go Roar>TWave on Aggron.

Last edited:
Manveru123 Cofagrigus is the only Fighting resist I have outside of Latias, who is 2HKOd by a lot of physical attackers (and Scarf Heracross is still somewhat common.) Quagsire also lacks Will-O-Wisp and the pure utility of Magic Coat. While Quagsire may have Recover, Chansey has no problem WishPassing. So pretty much just utility and pure bulk. I need Thunder Wave on there because I rely on Aggron to Paralyze most setup sweepers (though I still need to scout for Guts Heracross.) I have considered giving Latias Roar instead because of how annoying Crocune is.

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, this looks like a solid stall team, even though I don't have much experience with those in XY UU. The only thing I can recommend here is Florges > Chansey so you aren't weak to mixed Hydreigon. Florges does almost everything Chansey does for this team: it can WishPass, provide Aromatherapy support, and walls many special attackers very well. Furthermore, Florges has an actual offensive presence with Moonblast and makes an excellent defensive core with Mega Aggron. Sure you lose out on Toxic, but that's honestly a fairly small price to pay for such a big return. Furthermore, Florges lowers your weakness to Fighting-types and Knock Off as well. Here is the set:

Florges @ Leftovers | Flower Gift
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD | Calm
Wish / Protect / Moonblast / Aromatherapy

Also, if you really want Roar on Mega Aggron, Thunder Wave or Earthquake should be replaced. The former is preferred because your team doesn't really need OR wants the paralysis support (Magnezone).

Hope you find my suggestions suitable dbzmariogeno, and good luck with this team (also gratz on the 1/2k) ^.^

I'll definitely try out Florges and post some replays with it, and I will put Roar on Aggron or Latias. Aggron stops most SD users and Latias will get rid of Crocune for a while. Thanks Rohail

Have you considered trying Doublade over Cofagrigus? The beastly core that is Florges+Doublade+Chansey is so good. It may seem redundant with Mega-Aggron, but you should consider replacing that with Chesnaught. It takes care of Knock Off users and can just destroy them in return. It really is strong. Try using:
Chesnaught @ Leftovers Impish 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk Bulletproof
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed.
Really great underrated wall.

See, the thing with Cofagrigus having Magic Coat is, you have ResTalk anyway. I'd highly suggest using Will-o-Wisp over Magic Coat for the simple reason that, many pokemon Cafagrigus is staying in on, are pokemon that Cofagrigus would want to Will-o-Wisp to begin with. Magic Coat is pretty unnecessary on a pokemon that is going to heal its status using Rest a few turns later anyway. I also would like to suggest using Florges over Chansey, due to its overall better synergy with the rest of your team, and as Rohail mentioned, a great defensive core with Mega Aggron.

I am not exactly understanding why Magnezone is being used, in all honesty. How exactly does it help your team? One thing I'd like to suggest is using a stat-increasing sweeper in its place, as late-game you'll need something to be able to eliminate weakened pokemon, and a mon whose stab creates recoil, Darmanitan, isn't necessarily going to be the most effective pokemon in doing so, especially without recovery, like Talonbird in OU has.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Florges will also help you pivot into Aggron for safe mega evolving against one of the bigger anti meta mons out there being AV Escavalier. Other wise, Aggron likely to eat a drill run ( as 2 other members of you team get Ohkoed by it) instead of an iron head or mega horn on its way in to mega evolve, not to mention Cofagrigus is gonna hate knock off coming off of base 135 attack. Florges is the only mon that will bait iron head on your team making it easier to switch in and pivot out to a un-megaevolved Aggron.
Once Aggron is mega evolved your safe from just about anything it can throw at you.

might i suggest running hex on cofagrigus instead of shadow ball? i mean you are using the thing to inflict status first then shadow ball, so if you get a burn in hex is stronger.

Kingpoleon Doublade is almost always worse then Mega Aggron, it has Filter and every stat is higher. No Eviolite may balance it a bit, though I would only use it if I needed my mega slot for something else

Adam Lambert I understand your point, Magic Coat was filler (I don't use Sleep Talk as I think a turn is better spent using Wish, the less I need to let something set up on a Heal Bell the better)

I'm definitely trying out Florges. as for Darmanitan:

WreckDra But what can I do back? I rely on Darmanitan for things like that

ninjawhitetiger Cofagrigus doesn't want to stay in for too long in most cases so Shadow Ball is more reliable

Inspirited

is a Contributor Alumnus
Earthquake does a reasonable chunk to Escavalier and drill run from it only does about 20% max to megaggron. unless there is an opposing Chansey, umbreon or Florges around, Escavelier can not get that health back. Sure Aggron is a defensive check, but it is still a check to the armored bug.

Never switch in Darmanitan directly into Escavelier as Drill run has a very good chance to OHKO it, a Megahorn and knock off do over half, and even iron head will take a good 33% minimum. If you can get it in for free though, toast the bug.

I was refering more to revenge killing. You also may want to check the Mega Aggron calc, I know he's really bulky but 20% just sounds wrong.

Also, Florges has been working well.

The problem with that chansey set is that anything with sub is free to setup all over it.

SubDD Zygarde kind of has its way with your team.

@ the Chansey vs Florges thing: I'm pretty much convinced.

DMT well to be fair, by that logic no one should be using a Chansey. SubDD Zygarde has its Sub broken by Aggron who can live any hit once. I know I lack an Ice move but there is no place to put one besides Aggron who has no space.

@ the Chansey vs Florges thing: I'm pretty much convinced.

DMT well to be fair, by that logic no one should be using a Chansey. SubDD Zygarde has its Sub broken by Aggron who can live any hit once. I know I lack an Ice move but there is no place to put one besides Aggron who has no space.

Fair point.

However, at least in my experience, having seismic toss on chansey or roar on aggron almost works best.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
To be fair, sub-coil is the set that absolutely wrecks this team, but that set wrecks any stall. Even in OU. So there's not much you can do about that, but actually, there is. This team has absolutely no phazing move and that's imo absolutely terrible for a stall and must be fixed.

So what I would recommend is psyshock<roar on latias. You outspeed the dangerous sub-coil zygarde's dragon tail and save yourself from being 6-0'd as long as you keep latias alive, and don't bring her in on a dtail.

Other than that, I would also recommend magic coat<sleep talk. Sleep talk is just more reliable, and in my eyes its not doing much for you

Now that we have removed magic coat, cofagrigus becomes more or less your primary status absorber, meaning that you get to free up a moveslot for chansey. Actually, you should probably just go Heal bell<soft boiled and Protect<toxic. You don't need a cleric now that you have two status absorbers and wishboiled works much better than wish protect imo.

As for mega aggron, I'd place earthquake<roar. I don't really know what an uninvested earthquake does, and whatever it does do is probably less necessary than a solid phazer on a stall team.

This is a pretty cool stall, and I'd like to go more in-depth but I don't know the UU tier too well yet, so I gotta get used to that. Sorry about the super brief rate :(

Inspirited

is a Contributor Alumnus
Un invested earthquake is his only way to handle Escavalier without having Darmanitan crippled or being OHKOed on the switch.

BTW here is the damage calc for drill run:
252+ Atk Escavalier Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 58-69 (16.8 - 20%) -- possible 5HKO
I thought it was a bit ludicrous myself :P

And for Aggron's EQ:
0 Atk Mega Aggron Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 92-109 (26.7 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Florges can always pass a wish to Aggron after this encounter

On another note, I'm not sure what on your team switches into an opposing Darmanitan. It seems to wear your team down with u-turn predicting Latias or flare blitz for everything else.
I'm not sure what you can do about this though because I see no slot open for a bulky water.

Just some food for thought.

Last edited:
Florges is now being used over Chansey. Srn9130 I changed Latias and EQ is for Magnezone, among other things.

WreckDra Darmanitan is a problem, but the worst case scenario is I get it to 75% with SR, then let Cofagrigus take 1, removing Sheer Force, then they either switch or die to recoil/an attack based on min/max

Thanks everyone, updating the OP in a little while and may include replays later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)