5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

If someone would so kindly rewrite the Smeargle Overview and the first set of it in the OU Analysis to make it seem like its only sets aren't the Baton Passing one, I would appreciate it! Thanks.

I can do that, but is the Lead set being stricken from the site? That just seems like a weird move if we're completely ignoring it in the Overview and suddenly whoop there it is.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wait, are you sure you don't mean to rewrite the overview so it looks like Smeargle can do other things then just the Baton Pass? The Lead Smeargle set was just uploaded yesterday...are they already thinking about evicting it?

Sorry, I typo'd. I meant to reflect the fact that it now has a lead set and its only niche isn't BP (which is how it is right now).

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know it was written only a few months ago by one of our most trusted QC members, but I'm wondering if Baton Pass Celebi needs updating. I don't think the moveset is right (should have recover unless being used on full bp. Definitely no excuse for HP Fire), and the analysis fails to mention the main selling points of the set - for instance, it suggests that pursuit is a problem, rather than telling you that Baton Pass completely solves that problem. It doesn't tell you that Baton pass celebi is basically just a specially defensive celebi, using baton pass to escape pursuit and to do something meaningful when it's so totally walled by so many things.

I'm happy to do it myself, although I definitely won't write it for a couple of weeks due to exams.

Bump. Anyone willing to rewrite the Intro and first set to Smeargle to get rid of the idea that its only niche is Baton Pass?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Choice Scarf Gengar was uploaded recently, so shouldn't it be added to Uploaded Analyses?
It is added to the list of finished analysis by OP and will shortly be added to the list of uploaded peer edits and single sets as well. I got the thread just yesterday and i am still trying to see how everything works. Once i finish updating everything i will let you guys know...

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Shiftry needs a BW2 revamp. It talks about irrelevant threats such as Houndoom, Zapdos, Chandelure, and Kabutops. It also fails to mention the utter importance of running Timid over Modest nature in order to outspeed Keldeo, Terrakion, and Latios in the sun, and like Venusaur, Timid should always be used. Some of the sets seem to be a little outdated as well. Overall, it needs a new analysis to fit BW2. He's still pretty damn good in this metagame (in the sun of course), as a friend of mine and myself have been playing with him all day today with his SD and NP sets, and it's extremely effective, due to it being very unpredictable and having great coverage. Would I be allowed to update it?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Trinitrotoluene is not working on Heatran anymore, so its up for grabs. Do note however that you should take Heatran only if you are committed to finish it quickly (2-3 weeks) as it has already been in c&c for 4 whole months and it really needs to go on-site.

Also, Gary i will talk with the QC team to see if Shiftry needs an update and come back at you.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
Icecream you can write Heatran, but you have a 3 weeks deadline to do so. If you don't write the analyses within this time limit your credibility for future reservations of serious analyses will be seriously hurt. I know i come off as a bit strict, but i need to be as Heatran must be uploaded asap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)