5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Let's have a look at an example: target time is 03.27.2011, 11:15:34, delay is 2433. Open ZomgTimer, choose Gen 5 -C Gear mode, and then enter 2433 for target delay and 34 for target second. For calibration, just fill in -45 for DSi or -95 for DS Lite. Calibration will update itself during calibration progress. The timer says "Minutes Before Target: 1", so set the date in your NDS to 03.27.2011 and time to 11:14 (that's 1 minute before target). Simultaneously confirm the time in your NDS and start the timer. Switch off your NDS and switch it on again. When the first timer hits 0, just start the game from DS menu. Do not activate the C-Gear at continue screen, but activate ingame once the second timer hits 0. Then, advance the frame. However, if your target frame is above 5, you will not be a able to do a precise calibration because your result won't show up in Time Finder. In this case, just try to catch your mon on frame 1. Alternatively, you can find the seed you hit in Time Finder with knowledge of its exact IVs.

The base IV set is a normal Method 5 spread, so use Time Finder to get a base set. Nature and inheritance is not controllable yet, so use a power item to inherit the stats you like and use an everstone to pass nature. So just hit your seed once the old man holds the egg, take it and hope for good inheritance for now. There is no such thing as RNG'ing IVs and PID in two steps like it was in gen 4.
Thanks that was incredibly helpful!

This brings up another question, what should i put for my calibration if i have an old DS?

Hi,

i read through the instructions (also the one of the 4th gen RNG to understand setting up the timers etc.) several times and i think i got everything except one thing.

the two-stage timer does consist of the first part (starting the game etc. until hitting the target time) and the part when i need to click on yes, when activating the c-gear. in the rng reporter suggested in this thread it just tells me the overall delay? so i have to find out a good timing myself to get the right point of time when to hit the "yes" on the c-gear? i tried out the zomgtimer v2.2 and there they want to have a value for "calibration". is that the delay until you hit the target time in the main menue?

oh and one more thing: is it possible to find out my initial seeds and delay until i get ingame with bw or are the initial seeds supplied by the rng reporter already fitting for me automatically? in the reporter you can find it out for 4th gen games but i already tried it out with my black edition of pkm and it did (of course?) not deliver me any results.

i would be very thankful for answers concerning all my problems but also partial ones. im from germany so im sry for my bad english :)

greets,

jubbah

Hi,

i read through the instructions (also the one of the 4th gen RNG to understand setting up the timers etc.) several times and i think i got everything except one thing.

the two-stage timer does consist of the first part (starting the game etc. until hitting the target time) and the part when i need to click on yes, when activating the c-gear. in the rng reporter suggested in this thread it just tells me the overall delay? so i have to find out a good timing myself to get the right point of time when to hit the "yes" on the c-gear? i tried out the zomgtimer v2.2 and there they want to have a value for "calibration". is that the delay until you hit the target time in the main menue?

oh and one more thing: is it possible to find out my initial seeds and delay until i get ingame with bw or are the initial seeds supplied by the rng reporter already fitting for me automatically? in the reporter you can find it out for 4th gen games but i already tried it out with my black edition of pkm and it did (of course?) not deliver me any results.

i would be very thankful for answers concerning all my problems but also partial ones. im from germany so im sry for my bad english :)

greets,

jubbah
I apologize ahead of time if I misunderstood your questions.

The delay that RNG Reporter gives you is used mainly for the second timer. The first timer is there to assist you in hitting your desired seconds, which is also very important in hitting a seed. "Calibration" is used to adjust your timer based on how far off the delay that you hit is from your target.

In order to check your delay, you will need to catch a Pokemon immediately upon entering the game and find its exact IVs. There is no other option at this time. However, also know that battling will advance the RNG many frames ahead of your target, so it is very important to "calibrate" your timer before attempting to find your Pokemon target. Once you have these IVs, you input them into Seed to Time's "Search IVs" function (I believe there are pictures of this in the first post if you do not understand) and search through a list of nearby seeds to find what you hit.

Okay, with Roamer RNG, Wild RNG, Stationary RNG all under my belt, I'm going to try my hand at Egg RNGing. Here's what I want to do.

Father: Hitmonchan @ Everstone
Careful Nature, 31/31/31/31/31/31
Mother: Timburr
Adamant Nature, 31/31/31/x/31/31

I want them to make this:

Timburr
Careful Nature
31/31/31/x/31/31

When do you RNG? Before putting them in daycare or in front of the man when he has an egg?

I apologize ahead of time if I misunderstood your questions.

The delay that RNG Reporter gives you is used mainly for the second timer. The first timer is there to assist you in hitting your desired seconds, which is also very important in hitting a seed. "Calibration" is used to adjust your timer based on how far off the delay that you hit is from your target.

In order to check your delay, you will need to catch a Pokemon immediately upon entering the game and find its exact IVs. There is no other option at this time. However, also know that battling will advance the RNG many frames ahead of your target, so it is very important to "calibrate" your timer before attempting to find your Pokemon target. Once you have these IVs, you input them into Seed to Time's "Search IVs" function (I believe there are pictures of this in the first post if you do not understand) and search through a list of nearby seeds to find what you hit.
so u mean i just do the calibration for the first ~600 delay so i have to pick a pokemon out of the list with the desired delay and catch it without turning on the c-gear ingame?

Okay, with Roamer RNG, Wild RNG, Stationary RNG all under my belt, I'm going to try my hand at Egg RNGing. Here's what I want to do.

Father: Hitmonchan @ Everstone
Careful Nature, 31/31/31/31/31/31
Mother: Timburr
Adamant Nature, 31/31/31/x/31/31

I want them to make this:

Timburr
Careful Nature
31/31/31/x/31/31

When do you RNG? Before putting them in daycare or in front of the man when he has an egg?
Once the old man has the egg.

so u mean i just do the calibration for the first ~600 delay so i have to pick a pokemon out of the list with the desired delay and catch it without turning on the c-gear ingame?
No, you still use your timer and turn on the C-Gear in-game just as you would do to hit your seed, but instead of advancing the frame afterwards you immediately (I.E., Sweet Scent or encounter a stationary Legendary) catch a Pokemon and find its IVs.

For example, let's say that you wanted to hit a seed on 3/11/11 at 11:45:30 with a delay of 2000 and frame of 8.

-First, you save and turn off your game either in front of a stationary Pokemon (Volcarona or Kyurem, for instance) or in an area where there are high-level wild Pokemon, with a Sweet Scenter and 4 other Pokemon in your party.

-Then add your delay of 2000 and target seconds of 30 to your timer. Your timer tells you to set your DS time 1 minute ahead.

-Restart your DS, change the date to 3/11/11 and your time to 11:44, one minute ahead of your target. At the exact time as you set your DS time, start your timer.

-While the first timer is running, either start and enter your game or wait at the DS menu (either way works as long as you remain consistent). At the moment the first timer ends, if you waited at the DS menu then you must start your game, and if you had already entered your game then you must soft reset by pressing L+R+Start+Select. If you are using an Action Replay, this moment will be when you need to start your game from the AR menu.

-While the second timer is running, continue your game without turning on the C-Gear, press the power button on the C-Gear screen, and wait. At the very moment that the second timer ends, press "Yes" on the touch screen to start the C-Gear.

-Optional: Immediately turn the C-Gear off.

-As soon as this is done, immediately have your Pokemon use Sweet Scent, or encounter the stationary Pokemon if you saved in front of one.

-Catch this Pokemon and find its exact IVs.

-In Seed to Time, where it has two input boxes for Delay put 1000 in each, and for the two input boxes for Seconds use 9. Then click Generate.

-Input the IVs that you found into Seed to Time's "Search IVs" function. This will highlight the seed that you hit and show you its delay.

-Check the delay that you hit, and input it into your timer's "Calibration" field.

-Repeat as necessary until you are close to your target delay, within around 5 or so.

-Now you can begin advancing your frame after turning the C-Gear on/off. In this case, it would be walking 128 steps, which will advance your frame by the number of Pokemon in your party (which should be 5).

Also, 600 is too low for this game. The lowest here is around 1500.

Ok, so after I've turned on the c-gear after the soft reset and everything...do I need to keep it on? Or can I turn it off? Because having the damn thing on drains the battery on my old DS phat like crazy.

I've seen some Darumaka captures and I'm wondering, how do people do it? Sweet Scent doesn't work in a sandstorm.
I can't say for sure since I haven't done it myself, but I'd guess it was either by emulator, or turning in place to get the Pokemon to appear since that won't affect the IVs.

EDIT: Or the above, though that's riskier for obvious reasons.

I can't say for sure since I haven't done it myself, but I'd guess it was either by emulator, or turning in place to get the Pokemon to appear since that won't affect the IVs.

EDIT: Or the above, though that's riskier for obvious reasons.
Of course! Because turning doesn't count towards the step count. I'm stupid, thanks!

I've already RNG abused for Cobalion, and I'm about to go for Zekrom right now, so for future reference, is it necessary to calibrate for every RNG abuse I attempt?

Also, can I make multiple moves/withdrawals in the PC to count towards the frame count, or does it somehow only counts one time?

I've already RNG abused for Cobalion, and I'm about to go for Zekrom right now, so for future reference, is it necessary to calibrate for every RNG abuse I attempt?

Also, can I make multiple moves/withdrawals in the PC to count towards the frame count, or does it somehow only counts one time?
No, as long as you're consistent in how you go about it, calibration for one attempt should work for them all.

You can.

No, as long as you're consistent in how you go about it, calibration for one attempt should work for them all.

You can.
Eh not necessarily, it'll get you in a good general range though. For example, I caught Reshiram at -2 calibration, then Volcarona at -4, Cobalion at -2, and Terrakion looks like it'll be at -5...

I fucking hate synchers, why the hell must natures be generated separately? After 4 hours I finally hit the right delay, but then it was fucking Calm instead of Jolly...why fucking why >.>

Hello, I already had two successes in RNG with Virizion and Terrakion, but now that I started to RNG Kyurem, some problems started apearing.

I want to capture a normal timid Kyurem with 31/22/31/30/31/30 HP (Fire). My Seed is 155A8996 with Frame 3 and Delay 3002. My MAC adress is 497DD1 and I'm using the white Version.

So I started preparing everything to capture Kyurem and saved after standing in front of it. Then I used the EonTimer to know what Delay I hit and updated EonTimer. From there on my problems started. I captured it like 150 times already, but it only had a timid nature like 20 times (I'm using the same timid Elgyem with Synchro which I used to capture Virizion). Either I got extremely unlucky or.. I'm doing something wrong.

Furthermore, the Kyurems which were *not* timid, were VERY often (>50%) modest (And again, I'm using a timid Elgyem at my lead position). And what upsets me the most.. during all these tries, the Kyurem with my wished IVs never showed up. I invested less time for Terrakion/Virizion together then for this Kyurem.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.. I'm doing it the exact same way as for the other two. And since my frame is 3, I don't even have to advance it like I had to do for Virizion..

Thanks kiddu and Shin Ryu. Also, would teleporting from the Pokemon Center to N's Castle have any effect on the frames? It seems that it's the only way that I can reach 128 steps exactly since starting from the PC in N's Castle puts me over 128 by 10+ steps.

Once the old man has the egg.

No, you still use your timer and turn on the C-Gear in-game just as you would do to hit your seed, but instead of advancing the frame afterwards you immediately (I.E., Sweet Scent or encounter a stationary Legendary) catch a Pokemon and find its IVs.

For example, let's say that you wanted to hit a seed on 3/11/11 at 11:45:30 with a delay of 2000 and frame of 8.

-First, you save and turn off your game either in front of a stationary Pokemon (Volcarona or Kyurem, for instance) or in an area where there are high-level wild Pokemon, with a Sweet Scenter and 4 other Pokemon in your party.

-Then add your delay of 2000 and target seconds of 30 to your timer. Your timer tells you to set your DS time 1 minute ahead.

-Restart your DS, change the date to 3/11/11 and your time to 11:44, one minute ahead of your target. At the exact time as you set your DS time, start your timer.

-While the first timer is running, either start and enter your game or wait at the DS menu (either way works as long as you remain consistent). At the moment the first timer ends, if you waited at the DS menu then you must start your game, and if you had already entered your game then you must soft reset by pressing L+R+Start+Select. If you are using an Action Replay, this moment will be when you need to start your game from the AR menu.

-While the second timer is running, continue your game without turning on the C-Gear, press the power button on the C-Gear screen, and wait. At the very moment that the second timer ends, press "Yes" on the touch screen to start the C-Gear.

-Optional: Immediately turn the C-Gear off.

-As soon as this is done, immediately have your Pokemon use Sweet Scent, or encounter the stationary Pokemon if you saved in front of one.

-Catch this Pokemon and find its exact IVs.

-In Seed to Time, where it has two input boxes for Delay put 1000 in each, and for the two input boxes for Seconds use 9. Then click Generate.

-Input the IVs that you found into Seed to Time's "Search IVs" function. This will highlight the seed that you hit and show you its delay.

-Check the delay that you hit, and input it into your timer's "Calibration" field.

-Repeat as necessary until you are close to your target delay, within around 5 or so.

-Now you can begin advancing your frame after turning the C-Gear on/off. In this case, it would be walking 128 steps, which will advance your frame by the number of Pokemon in your party (which should be 5).

Also, 600 is too low for this game. The lowest here is around 1500.
ok thanks that answered all my questions. the last one is what counts as "walking"? if i understood everything correctly is that the starting frame is: 1
+2 for using sweet scenter? so the starting frame is always 3?

Eh not necessarily, it'll get you in a good general range though. For example, I caught Reshiram at -2 calibration, then Volcarona at -4, Cobalion at -2, and Terrakion looks like it'll be at -5...
True, though that also falls under normal error.

Hello, I already had two successes in RNG with Virizion and Terrakion, but now that I started to RNG Kyurem, some problems started apearing.

I want to capture a normal timid Kyurem with 31/22/31/30/31/30 HP (Fire). My Seed is 155A8996 with Frame 3 and Delay 3002. My MAC adress is 497DD1 and I'm using the white Version.

So I started preparing everything to capture Kyurem and saved after standing in front of it. Then I used the EonTimer to know what Delay I hit and updated EonTimer. From there on my problems started. I captured it like 150 times already, but it only had a timid nature like 20 times (I'm using the same timid Elgyem with Synchro which I used to capture Virizion). Either I got extremely unlucky or.. I'm doing something wrong.

Furthermore, the Kyurems which were *not* timid, were VERY often (>50%) modest (And again, I'm using a timid Elgyem at my lead position). And what upsets me the most.. during all these tries, the Kyurem with my wished IVs never showed up. I invested less time for Terrakion/Virizion together then for this Kyurem.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.. I'm doing it the exact same way as for the other two. And since my frame is 3, I don't even have to advance it like I had to do for Virizion..
It happens. Update EonTimer occasionally with what you hit, and make sure that you're actually using the right DS.

Thanks kiddu and Shin Ryu. Also, would teleporting from the Pokemon Center to N's Castle have any effect on the frames? It seems that it's the only way that I can reach 128 steps exactly since starting from the PC in N's Castle puts me over 128 by 10+ steps.
Don't think so, no.

... :/ how would I verify my seed if I was gonna try to capture victini?
Catch it and use Rare Candies/judge in Battle Subway/HP checker in Mistralton (if you're far enough for those) to check its IVs.

ok thanks that answered all my questions. the last one is what counts as "walking"? if i understood everything correctly is that the starting frame is: 1
+2 for using sweet scenter? so the starting frame is always 3?
Taking a step counts as walking. Turning in place without moving does not.

Starting frame for wild Pokemon is 3 using C-Gear, +0 for Sweet Scent this gen.

I mean to verify if I hit my seed or not... catching it would make it so I couldnt catch it again... so what you are saying is every time just go advance the fram and catch it and hope I got it?

I mean to verify if I hit my seed or not... catching it would make it so I couldnt catch it again... so what you are saying is every time just go advance the fram and catch it and hope I got it?
Pre- or post-calibration? Post, yes, that's what you have to do. Pre, no, you can use other higher-level Pokemon to calibrate before going after it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)