5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Im trying to RNG shiny thundurus. I'm setting the max and min IV frames to 1. What should i put for the IVs of HP Ice in order to get the best results? Do I click the search for nearby shiny frames?

Is a max frame 2000 too high?
Probably. If the previous posts are correct, your roamer starts at around 600 (in no weather?) so aiming for 2000 is saying that you're willing to do 1300-1400 views of Chatot's summary. Are you willing to do that?

Also note that the advancement is not perfectly consistent so you'll probably miss your target frame on the first try so do you really want to do 1300 Chatot views twice? It's up to you to decide.

well i got a non-shiny frame for thundurus of 31/2/30/31/31/31 so now i just have to keep guessing and pray for a nature

well i got a non-shiny frame for thundurus of 31/2/30/31/31/31 so now i just have to keep guessing and pray for a nature
Thundurus nature is not random (for my case though but I know he is not cause his rain is different than Tornadus). You can calculate/find his PIDRNG starting frame using the 9.81 beta's feature "Calculate PIDRNG Starting Frame" and start from there.

Try to determine his starting frame and things will be much easier..

Thundurus nature is not random (for my case though but I know he is not cause his rain is different than Tornadus). You can calculate/find his PIDRNG starting frame using the 9.81 beta's feature "Calculate PIDRNG Starting Frame" and start from there.

Try to determine his starting frame and things will be much easier..
The starting PID is nowhere near what RNG reporter suggests. The rain advances the PID frame way past that.

How many years are you guys searching to find your seeds?
I searched 1 month with 3 keypresses. If you aren't using keypresses it's going to be a lot of months and probably a few years.

EDIT: Oh, I RNG'd my ID/SID though so...
Lol, you're probably going to be searching for a while.

okay wth. im still working on this thundurus.. but mainly because of 1 thing..

my iv spread is either 31/2/30/31/31/31 or 28/1/11/21/30/4

every single time. but the only time it's actually the spread i want, [from what i've caught and checked.] is when i do 0 chatters.. and when i do 11 chatters.

but when i do 12.. and when i did 15 [trying to hit the nature i wanted from the given nature pattern]. its always the 2nd iv spread listed above. is there a reason? am i missing something here?

okay wth. im still working on this thundurus.. but mainly because of 1 thing..

my iv spread is either 31/2/30/31/31/31 or 28/1/11/21/30/4

every single time. but the only time it's actually the spread i want, [from what i've caught and checked.] is when i do 0 chatters.. and when i do 11 chatters.

but when i do 12.. and when i did 15 [trying to hit the nature i wanted from the given nature pattern]. its always the 2nd iv spread listed above. is there a reason? am i missing something here?
It's your timer0 fluctuating. If you do 0 chatters 100000000 times, you're gonna get both IV spreads at a certain %. You can't control this.

ohhhh, see this is the first time i actually encountered this problem. now i know what people mean lol.

so.. i think i found the pattern and where my actual frame starts.. and i actually found a hp ice modest thundurus.. but i think im on to the timid one.. so i'll keep going.

thanks for the help

I'm using the new version of RNG reporter.
What are you trying to capture\hatch? I'm trying to hatch a flawless bold shiny pkm.
What is your target seed and frame?
Seed: CC8BFC613FC423E5 (obtained it from the 5th shinny egg tab) Frame: 78
How did you verify your seed?
By hatching the egg, checking its nature but mainly its Ivs (they weren't 31 so that means I didn't hit my seed) Note: I picked the egg right away, I don't mind the nature my issue is the Ivs.
If you tried and failed, what results did you get?
I didn't get the desired Ivs, I've RNGed encounters, and legends before in the 5th gen so I know how to check, advance PID and IV frames, but I've never RNG bred in the 5th gen so my question is "is the 5th gen shinny egg tab working?" If its not workable right now sorry about my stupidity. :/
Is there any other way of RNG breeding in the 5th gen? Like for example I thought something like getting a seed in gift pkm and then paste that seed in "BW white breeding" but that sounded like a lot of work...
Can anyone help me please?

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention I'm trying to do this in the Non c gear method, if there's any possible way of RNG breeding in a C gear method.

How do they work and how can you manipulate them?
RNG reporter lists them for you when you put in a seed.

What are you trying to capture\hatch? I'm trying to hatch a flawless bold shiny pkm.
By hatching the egg, checking its nature but mainly its Ivs (they weren't 31 so that means I didn't hit my seed) Note: I picked the egg right away, I don't mind the nature my issue is the Ivs.
I didn't get the desired Ivs, I've RNGed encounters, and legends before in the 5th gen so I know how to check, advance PID and IV frames, but I've never RNG bred in the 5th gen so my question is "is the 5th gen shinny egg tab working?" If its not workable right now sorry about my stupidity. :/
Is there any other way of RNG breeding in the 5th gen? Like for example I thought something like getting a seed in gift pkm and then paste that seed in "BW white breeding" but that sounded like a lot of work...

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention I'm trying to do this in the Non c gear method, if there's any possible way of RNG breeding in a C gear method.
How many times have you tried getting the egg with this seed? Also, how have you verified your IV's?

You can RNG breed with C-Gear.

How many times have you tried getting the egg with this seed? Also, how have you verified your IV's?

You can RNG breed with C-Gear.
Oh hello WZ! ^^
Well I verified the Ivs by giving rare candies to the hatched pkm and then using an Iv calculator. I also check it by looking at stuff like "often dozes off". I tried to hit the seed like 6 times... Is weird because most of the times I hit my Seed at the begging when I try to RNG encounters. Is the shinny egg tab really working for the 5th gen? because the only thing I see different is that it doesn't shows the Timer0 info.

I should be looking at a min shiny frame of 600, yes?
I have no idea where it actually starts on the DS. I heard people saying it was in the 300/400 range a while back and more recently I've heard it's about 600. 600 sounds plausible as my Tornadus started at 683 and my Thundurus at 715. Both were done on emulators so I suppose 600 on the DS might be plausible.

How are you using the IVs to confirm your seed? The only way to know you missed your seed based on IVs (for eggs) is if you can't find an inheritance pattern that would give you those IVs near your starting PID frame.

Yes the shiny egg tab works.

You should verify by catching a pokemon immediately after receiving the egg and seeing if the IVs match for frame 14~20. If it does, then you hit your seed for your egg. This saves you time to hatch it.

Also note: You didn't list your parents, so it's possible that the parents had some bad IVs and passed it down, so that's why it wasn't 31 all (or whatever you were looking for)

Verifying by catching something is such a waste of time. Flying to victory road, catching something and checking IVs is like a minute wasted and hatching the egg takes like 3-5 minutes so it's not that long.

You should verify by catching a pokemon immediately after receiving the egg and seeing if the IVs match for frame 14~20. If it does, then you hit your seed for your egg. This saves you time to hatch it.

Also note: You didn't list your parents, so it's possible that the parents had some bad IVs and passed it down, so that's why it wasn't 31 all (or whatever you were looking for)
I did listed the parents Ivs, both of them are flawless. I don't think hacked parents will have any effect on it. Wait... is the "shinny egg tab" only reserved for C-gear and not *non c gear*?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)