5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Sorry is this the seed you were talking about?
54471E1BF54E6406
Yes sir it is. There is 3 quiet natures back to back at frame 63-65. Also at 71-73.

But you also have to remember that there are NPCs that advance the PID, which may make your PID jump unexpectedly. Which may mean those 3 Quiets may not even be next to each other.

Yes sir it is. There is 3 quiet natures back to back at frame 63-65. Also at 71-73.

But you also have to remember that there are NPCs that advance the PID, which may make your PID jump unexpectedly. Which may mean those 3 Quiets may not even be next to each other.
Yeah, but the order of the DW abilities I got were true, false, false. They do not match the sequences of those frames.

It probably is the NPCs. How do I avoid that?

Yeah, but the order of the DW abilities I got were true, false, false. They do not match the sequences of those frames.

It probably is the NPCs. How do I avoid that?
You can't avoid them, your best bet is to find out how many they advance before picking the egg up without any Chatters, then chatter the amount you need, pick the egg up. Should be what you want, but as I said before. Everstone will only hinder your ability to find where they advance to, unless if you follow PID%6 (or whatever it's called) which I haven't done. Terrasection's breeding thread explains it, I do believe.

My suggestion: Get international parents, and lack the everstone. International parents provide more shiny frames, while not having to endure the tedious guess work that the everstone requires.

PID%6 is the way to go with Everstone breeding. Tesseraction's guide explains the use of the Python GUI to determine characteristics, works a treat!

There are other things to help narrow it down

ability
DW

Even if all of these don't help, inheritance is the biggest help. By knowing what the male, female, and rng give to your egg, and what your egg actually came as, you can almost always figure out your SSF. Even if my worst situations, inheritance always tells me my shifted starting frame.

ability
DW

Even if all of these don't help, inheritance is the biggest help. By knowing what the male, female, and rng give to your egg, and what your egg actually came as, you can almost always figure out your SSF. Even if my worst situations, inheritance always tells me my shifted starting frame.
Not always will you be able to determine your parent's IV's. As when I breed, most of the time the parents I have, have the exact IV's I want the baby to have. True while some people may not do that, but it may not always work.

ability
DW

True, but as Winters said, as soon as you use two flawless parents, things get complicated. But the PID%6 method is short and sweet, all you need to do is fill in the 31s you got, the PID you want to check and presto, you know what characteristic that frame has.

Ok so I've searched a bunch and I couldn't find any guide (or so i think) but can someone explain how to rng a shiny (looking at doing it for terrakion mainly and maybe a couple of wilds)

Not always will you be able to determine your parent's IV's. As when I breed, most of the time the parents I have, have the exact IV's I want the baby to have. True while some people may not do that, but it may not always work.
That is true. I remember when I first started this was a pain, but I solely use shiny egg finder with semi-flawless parents now. Gives me a much bigger selection of seeds and the program does all the calculation work for me, so all I have to do is rng 0~3 31 IV parents or use previous ones. And since they're semi-flawless, finding inheritance is very easy.

Edit: @Above: You need your SID/ID. Find an IV frame that you want and hit it. Then advance to the correct PID frame to hit your shiny frame.

how do I find my PID frame? sorry still kind of new at this. I've got IVs down and i have synchronize for any nature I may need.
You have to paste the seed into the main window of RNG Reporter. Change the Method to Method 5 PID RNG. Make sure you have the right encounter type and that your ID/SID is typed in. Click Generate and you should get PID frames. Then, hit your seed and do your IV advancements (If necessary). Next, catch the pokemon immediately (Or take the egg from the DC man if you're breeding). Then, check the nature, ability, gender, and encounter slot and match it to a PID frame that RNG Reporter has listed (It should be somewhere from frame 40-65).

I hope that helped/made sense to you. :]

when i'm searching for the main seed should i click the box "search for nearby shiny frames"? and in the pid rng method should i check the box "shiny only"?

when i'm searching for the main seed should i click the box "search for nearby shiny frames"? and in the pid rng method should i check the box "shiny only"?
For searching for standing legends or wilds. What I did was put into RNG reporter's time finder, under capture tab. Switch my method to 5 (standard seed, as long as you have your parameters), input the IV's I'm looking for. Set the min/max frame to 1, as I don't like to advance my IV frame. You can change if you want to run all over the place.

When a seed pops up, it will give you two seeds. An 8 character long, and a 16.
8 = IV seed
16 = PID seed

Copy and paste the PID seed into the main window of RNG reporter while the method is set to Method 5 PIDRNG. That will list all the natures, ability, genders, etc. That you can find with that set of IV's.

When searching for shinies, I always scanned through the seeds myself, setting a max limit to how many PIDs I'd want to advance through. So when I searched through a PID seed, I calculated the PID's starting frame, and set the max to 300 frames. And clicked the shiny only box and saw if anything came up. You can change it depending how much you want to advance a frame, but usually 300 is good to start with.

44278F67AFCECF57 (for wild pokemon)
oh wait am i supposed to check the shiny only box? if not then stuff pops up
Do you have the right ID/SID put in?
If nothing came up, than that means there weren't any shiny PIDs for your ID/SID combo in that PID seed within the maximum number of PIDs you have set. Sometimes they won't have any below 300 or 1,000. If you are just wanting to see what the shiny PID looks like. Find a PID seed, doesn't matter what, set the results to starting frame of 1 to 10,000 max results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)