5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm breeding a calm munna. I have a international ditto and everstone on the other parent. My inital frame occurding to the rng reporter is 52. However when I took the first egg, I did not get the results on the rng reporter and I know I hit my seed. I didn't get anything close to it and I'm not sure why.
Obviously the time0 fluctuated. Also most of the time, you won't hit the initial PID frame because of NPCs.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Alright something odd just happened.

Seed: 78BF6F417D0FD635
ID: 55913 SID: 14797
Using a Ditto parent, so that box is checked.

Ditto Parent: 31/30/31/31/31/0
Male Sassy Parent: 31/31/31/31/31/0 (+Everstone)
Seed IV's: 31/31/31/12/9/5

Shiny PID Frames are on frame 176 (Naughty, not synch-able), 178 (Impish, not synch-able) and 180, which is synch-able. IV's for all these Shiny PID's are 31/31/31/Fe/Fe/Fe, and for the 180 it's 31/31/31/Fe/Fe/Ma.

Now I should get myself a shiny egg which has 31/31/31/31(Fe)/31(Fe)/0(Ma)

Now, here's what I did get: Shiny Sassy Foongus, 31/30/31/31/31/5

It got Atk for the Ditto parent and Spe from the seed. Also, these IV's correspond with PID frame 179, which ISN'T shiny. Could this be a random shiny hatched Pokémon? Or what on earth is wrong here?

Problem solved :')

Got a question regarding an RNG I'm doing. It's been a while since I've done an RNG so let me know if I'm overseeing something obvious.

I'm RNGing in Lostlorn Forest (no moving NPCs). I'm walking 256 steps in a path of 14 steps and a turn with 5 pokemon in my team. My starting PID frame is 38. Theoretically, my PID after steps should be:

38 + 256 * 2 (steps) + 2*(256/14) (turns) = roughly 587. My target is 643. However, when doing these advances I found myself catching a pokemon with a PID frame of around 840. What could be advancing my PID the extra 200?

If this is relevant, my path is as follows. [x] = no grass, [g] = grass
[x][g][g][g][g][g][g][g][g][g][g][g][g][x] (12 grass spots 2 non grass spots)

Do not try to figure out PID advancements from walking. Just see what you got and compare to the list to figure out where you are after walking.

And I'm pretty sure the PID frame you're actually hitting is about 50~60.

Has anyone RNG'ed the event egg given away last month? I still have yet to pick mine up, but I hatched it and figured out it is a Pidove. Has anyone bothered to RNG their egg or is it not worth it?

I can't seem to hit the right PID frame. I landed on frame 72 after 17 chatters and I need to hit frame 69, so I tried 14 chatters and I can't get it

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone RNG'ed the event egg given away last month? I still have yet to pick mine up, but I hatched it and figured out it is a Pidove. Has anyone bothered to RNG their egg or is it not worth it?
It's better to breed it, as it's just an egg. It's predetermined when you download the Wonder Card.
And yes, people have RNG'd it (shiny too), but it really isn't worth it.

Do not try to figure out PID advancements from walking. Just see what you got and compare to the list to figure out where you are after walking.

And I'm pretty sure the PID frame you're actually hitting is about 50~60.
I'm doing that to try to approximate where I'll land. The starting PID frame is 38 according to RNG Reporter. Why I'm getting an extra ~200 advancements is the problem/question.

Hey just a quick question about RNGReporter 9.81 and 9.80, I seem to have no trouble finding Shiny egg spreads in 9.80, but when I put the same specs into my 9.81, no seeds ever show up.

I'm thinking that its maybe because I haven't closed my 9.81 since changing parameters(I have two games), and that might be why.

Any ideas is appreciated as I'm trying to search 2 months at a time for shiny egg seeds.

EDIT: NVM I closed 9.81 and reopened and now its putting out the same seeds as 9.80.

I'm doing that to try to approximate where I'll land. The starting PID frame is 38 according to RNG Reporter. Why I'm getting an extra ~200 advancements is the problem/question.
Like I said, you probably aren't. When you walk, I bet the PID you're hitting isn't the 600 or whatever you said, but really 50~60

Post your seed + what you got when you hit your seed

Edit: This is about wandering NPCs that move the PID frame on their own

I've noticed if I hit a certain seed, the NPCs move randomly and advance the frame, but they'll always move in that same random pattern. I haven't tested this for more than 1~2 seconds, but when I RNG stuff with an NPC that shifts my PID, this is an example of what I saw

- If i missed my seed due to timer0, the NPC faced <--, then looked down after about 1.00 seconds, and then moved forward 1.00 seconds later

- If i hit my seed, the NPC faced down when I started my game, and it moved almost immediately down, so even when I spammed to open the menu, it was still able to move.

Has any research been done into this to say it's true, or has anyone else noticed the same thing? I'm not sure if it would be possible to manipulate these random advancements one day, but it is nice since I don't have to waste time chattering if the NPC behaves differently on my desired seed. If it does behave in an exact same random pattern depending on a certain seed forever, then it would be possible to manipulate the PID while still walking to advance the frame (for non frame 1 seeds), although it would be very difficult. But this would let people RNG more things in the wild for specific pokeballs if it's true.

Is there any reason why - while I'm RNGing Tornadus - why I keep on hitting odd-numbered PID frames? Over a range of 100 - 110 advances, only 16 out of 65 of the PID frames I hit were even.

My target happens to be on an even frame between two odd-numbered frames I've been hitting (I've hit the frame before my target 5 times; the frame right after 4 times)... and this seems to be the case regardless of the number of advances. I've searched for days, now, for a new seed - already searched 40+ years in Time Finder... and this was the best seed yet... ironically, all the good ones seem to be on even-numbered frames. -__-'

Anyone know how much NPCs advances the PIDRNG? Or better yet - it shouldn't be impossible to eventually hit my even-numbered frame, right? Because I've been doing 102 advances, and it has acquired me the frames #726, 727, 729, 731, and 735 - my target is now 730.

It's really sporadic. Once I was on frame 1750ish, advanced once, jumped to 1800, then back down to 1770 after 2 advances, etc etc.

It's best if you try doing increments of 5-10. Maybe this applied to me only but a brief idea of my "log":

*After 1300 chats later*

0 advance -- Frame 1753
1 advance -- Frame 1800
2 advance -- Frame 1770
5 advance -- Frame 1756
6 advance -- Frame 1802

Keep in mind I used an emulator so I had a much easier time finding a pattern but I got lucky when I hit my frame. If you're close to your frame (within a range of 5 we'll say), add another 5 advancements and see if you get closer.

But as mentioned earlier some frames are just plain not attainable, sadly. I found out the hard way with my "test" seed. Ironically I could hit my target seed, but that was luck.

It's really sporadic....
But as mentioned earlier some frames are just plain not attainable, sadly. I found out the hard way with my "test" seed. Ironically I could hit my target seed, but that was luck.
Yeah - I just didn't know if it was completely impossible or, after enough tries, I'll hit my target randomly. And over 10 consecutive advancements (from 100 - 110), I've managed to hit within +/-1 frame from my target on each advancement... Depending on how much delay I provide when clicking through the dialogue, I can get +/- 1 from my target with each of the advancements (i.e., with either 102, 103, or even 105 advancements, I can hit both 729 and 731, which surround my target of 730 XD)... So, I'm extremely close... I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, if I keep it up, I'll get it.

I've switched seeds 3 times now, and I keep on having the same problem... >.< So this Tornadus thing has taken over a week, and I always get this close... but never just get it.

Sorry, I'm kind of new with all this. I have RNG'ed a stationary before, but not a Shiny. I'm going for a HP Rock Shiny Volcarona

I didn't get any results, I will change the months each time, but is there something I'm doing wrong so far?

The likelyhood of you finding a shiny spread under frame 300 is your problem. If you haven't abused your ID/SID you have to compromise between low frames and shit IVs or good IVs and high frames. Or you get lucky and have both. You might have to go as high as frame 1000 (which isn't that bad imo)

Change the min/max frame to 1. Don't waste your time on anything more.

Edit: Also change the = on Atk to to =< 31, Volcorona from what I can remember has shit Atk so you don't need it, that should help you widen your search.

Edit: Also change the = on Atk to to =< 31, Volcorona from what I can remember has shit Atk so you don't need it, that should help you widen your search.
Just change it to none, same thing and it takes 1 button (Clear)

And unless you care about the pokeball, just breed everything. Easiest way to get shiny.

...that should help you widen your search.
Also try keypresses (under the DS Parameters tab in Time Finder) - The search will taken longer, but SHOULD come up with something more often.

And keypresses are easy to use. For example, it may say to press A-R-Left for keypresses. As soon as you click to enter you game (at the proper second, of course), quickly press only the keypresses - so press A, the R button (behind the screen), and the left of the cursor pad. Hold them until you reach the Gamefreak logo, just to be sure it works (I know, you don't have to hold it that long, but I got used to it this way XP)

Just change it to none, same thing and it takes 1 button (Clear)

And unless you care about the pokeball, just breed everything. Easiest way to get shiny.
pokeballs are overrated anyways. and i really hate how every egg i rng is shiny.. since i dont really like shinies that much.

I need some help. I cannot hit my PID frame on this seed. I've tried everything I can think of. The starting frame is 45, the target frame is 948. If I catch a mon without advancing the frame, I end up on from 49 -- I've checked this 8 times, it's always frame 49. So my SSF is 49. However, if I chatter 899 times, I end up at frame 950 -- two above my target. Every time. I've hit 950 six times now; I cannot have miscounted six times in a row. If I chatter 897 times, I end up at frame 946, two below just as expected. If I chatter 898 times, I end up at frame 947, one below. Both of those I've hit twice now. I've reset my SSF by leaving the area and coming back, saving and recalibrating, and I get the same result.

This seed is seriously trying my patience. It took four days to find this seed. I had to search through 115 months just to find it, and I couldn't begin to tell you why. And now I'm having the creeping suspicion that this frame is not possible to hit. And that just enrages me further.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)