5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Like he said

B/W rng is pretty easy to pick up and do
DPPt is not that bad, it's doable but takes a little more work
Emerald doesn't have that many people who actually know how to do it compared to gen 4/5. The best option is find someone who can rng gen3, and offer them something.
not sure who can though i dont really have anything but some pokes in my thread. D:

Hi, quick question here !!

I've done RNG before (I have a few flawless mons from learning it earlier) and I tried to pick it up again today. It's been two-ish months since I last did it. However, I'm running into a consistent problem.

I'm using the Non-C Gear method. I'm following bearsfan92 (?) videos. I find my parameters (I do it several times to make sure I am getting my consistent results) and I use those in the time finder. Then I've set the method to Method 5 (Standard), the frames between 1 and 6, and the month is correct. Then I generate the seeds (or whatever they are). However, no matter which one I try, I cannot get any results. I've done countless seeds numerous times and I can never get the listed result.

For example: Frame 2, June 21 20:04:47 Hold No Buttons. I hold no buttons. I advance the frame by walking 128 steps with two Pokemon in my party. Then I enter into a wild battle. I catch the Pokemon and check for a characteristic first. None. Sometimes there is one and I take him to be checked but it's always a let-down.

So my question is, what could I be doing wrong? I have a one second delay or whatever that is, so I do click the second before it lists (I would click at 20:04:46 in the example above). For reference the Pokemon I've been failing on is a frillish. Should I have the method set at Wild Pokemon (surfing) or is that wrong as well?

this is the right thread right ._. i'm new to this part of the forum lol

What area are you trying to RNG in? Because NPC's can really screw you up and make it really difficult. Also, try Chatot flipping instead of walking if there are NPC's because it is in a completely 'closed system' so to speak where NPC's can't screw with your results, and using Sweet Scent to encounter the Pokemon.

For frames, always subtract one to get your advances. In your example, frame 2 would mean you'd need to walk 128 steps with 1 Pokemon.

After you get that done, if you still get the wrong results, you might be hitting a wrong timer0, in which case you'd need to just keep trying. It sounds like you're doing everything else right, though.

For frames, always subtract one to get your advances. In your example, frame 2 would mean you'd need to walk 128 steps with 1 Pokemon.

After you get that done, if you still get the wrong results, you might be hitting a wrong timer0, in which case you'd need to just keep trying. It sounds like you're doing everything else right, though.
Well, that sucks. Alright, I'll go at it with one Pokemon and see if that fixes it then! Hopefully I'm not making any other obvious mistakes.

I'm currently going for a frillish in route 4, no npcs to screw with me!

Well, that sucks. Alright, I'll go at it with one Pokemon and see if that fixes it then! Hopefully I'm not making any other obvious mistakes.

I'm currently going for a frillish in route 4, no npcs to screw with me!
If im correct route 4 does have WNPCs even if they are offscreen they will still affect you route 17 doesn't i think...

read this (As far as I know I'm going to give credit to Jiraiya because (s)he gave me this list)
Listed are areas without any WNPCs. However, RNGing in locations with WNPCs is manageable simply by selecting a Frame 1 IV spread, mashing X to quickly access the menu screen, and capturing a wild Pokemon in order to discern one’s SSF (Shifted Starting Frame) while accounting for any WNPC advancements during Sweet Scent. WNPCs also move during the initial Season Intro Screen. Try saving your game next to a WNPC in order to quickly confirm if you hit your desired seed as they seem move in the same pattern based on your previous save. It’s somewhat tedious, but it’s very similar to RNGing Eggs on Route 3. Oh, how I miss breeding on Route 34 back in HGSS, but I digress.

Alternatively, there is the Careful Walkthrough Approach. Basically, it’s when you avoid as many WNPCs as possible when travelling through a route in order to complete the main story; using Repels to maneuver around them, saving your progress before attempting to walk by one, etc. If you planned this beforehand, then you have a single shot at an WNPC-free zone when going for targets in places like Abundant Shrine, Moor of Icirrus, or Village Bridge.

Enough talk, onto the list:

Wellspring Cave (1F-B1F)
Rumination Field (For the sake of being thorough)
Relic Castle (1F-B6F)
Lostlorn Forest
Chargestone Cave (B1F)
Celestial Tower (3F-5F)
Twist Mountain (Cave with Exit to Icirrus City)
Route 17*
P2 Laboratory*
Mistralton Cave (2F-Guidance Chamber)
Dragonspiral Tower Entrance (North of Icirrus City, not the area with the bridge)
Dragonspiral Tower Interior (1F-2F)
Route 9
Route 10 (South of Victory Road; the third area of the Badge Check Gates)
Victory Road (1F1, 1F2, 1F3, 2F2, 5F, 7F)
Victory Road (Exterior)
Trial Chamber
Marvelous Bridge
Giant Chasm (Outside)
Giant Chasm (Outer Cave)
Giant Chasm (Inner Cave; including Kyurem’s Cave)
Challenger’s Cave (1F)

*Route 17 and P2 Laboratory have no WNPCs of their own, but may be cursed with “invisible” PID advances due to the fact that they are clearly adjacent to Route 18, which has many WNPCs (similar to how the Desert Resort Entrance is adjacent to both Route 4 and the main Desert Resort area with the Zen Mode Darmanitans). I’ll test these out in the near future when going after Frillish, and Crustle, respectively.

Edit:Ninja'd on the route and my mistake on route 18 (should've read the list lol)

lol obvious mistake ofc. why didn't anyone ever tell me this T_T

now going to work on this and hopefully tell you guys that i got it down this time!

also you guys are p. much great help and much more helpful than i have been led to believe. i really appreciate the help!

also if an npc moves it advances the frame by 1?

NPCs advance the PIDRNG randomly, usually from 1 - 7.

Since most of what you'll find while surfing are Frillish, you probably don't have to deal with the PIDRNG. Just the IV stuff. Good luck.

NPCs advance the PIDRNG randomly, usually from 1 - 7.

Since most of what you'll find while surfing are Frillish, you probably don't have to deal with the PIDRNG. Just the IV stuff. Good luck.
He will if he wants a shiny, nature or specific ability
Edit: or gender because of their color differences based on gender

Yeah, but since he is bothering to RNG in the first place, he probably wants a decent nature as well even if he doesn't care about shininess/gender/ability.

Yeah, but since he is bothering to RNG in the first place, he probably wants a decent nature as well even if he doesn't care about shininess/gender/ability.
Well natures are synchronizable (sp?) but then again he may get one that isn't so we'll find out when he tells us (well more of an if he tells us)

Man I feel so helpless ._.

Alright, so I've now tried 5 times after correcting all obvious mistakes. I'm just going to screenshot what I have and admit that there must be something incredibly wrong in my head :(

I have a Eglyem? Samurott (sp?), and Masquerain in my party. I set the clock to 20:40. When the seconds hand hits 40 I press A. I hold no buttons. I press Start once the White Screen is done. Start through the Zekrom (is that which one the black one is?). Continue. No to C-Gear. Quickly select the menu. Sweet Scent. Frillish. Catch it. Stupid IVs. :(

So am I still making stupid mistakes?

better question is, how did i manage the few rng'd pokemon i already have and now i can't understand how to do it anymore?

Sounds like it's just a timer0 problem, you're doing all else pretty much correctly. Unfortunately that can't be controlled, you'll just have to keep trying until you get it.

timer0!!!!!!!
._.

._.

The adjacent seeds? Does that refer to the ones posted above and below the one selected?

[i apologize for being such a bother! i want to get this down so badly though]

You'd right-click your spread, and there should be an option called 'Adjacent Seeds', click that. There's two of them, Current Frame should do it.

Check the IVs your bad Frillish are getting, and see if they match up with any listed there. If they do, that's the timer0 you're hitting. And if you end up getting that a lot, try using a different spread, or change your timer0 to that one.

I'm going to cry T_T

I've tried several different seeds (is that what they are? idk) and I can't get one Frillish to match IVs. I've checked them against the adjacent seeds and they don't appear. Is it just time to give up on Frillish and check with another Pokemon? (I did take note of the warning from the post of Teddiursa Bear about Route 17. Maybe that's the problem and I'm just extremely unlucky?

(Something else that's odd I thought, why am I only getting like 11 seeds? And I can't find a hex-flawless seed and only two quint-flawless seeds. Before when I searched for quad-flawless for my Victini (which is timid hex flawless) there were tons of seeds to scroll through. now i can't get more than a few? is this something new with rng reporter or am i still just making mistakes and am extra stupid?)

Well, the NPCs don't mess with the IVs you get, just the PID (aka nature, gender, shininess, ability, etc.).

For the amount of spreads you're getting, have you checked how many keypresses it searches through? Right now it looks like you're only letting it go for no keypresses, try allowing one or two. Your frame specifications (1 - 6) look all right, you might want to try something like 11 if you're really needing better spreads.
Sometimes you'll come across months that have pretty much no incredible spreads, so also try looking through more months.

Now, for your Frillish issue... it seems like you're doing everything right. Luck loves you definitely not tonight, lol.
All I can say is, check your DS time to make sure it's exactly what you're going for, and make sure you're not holding extra buttons (and when using keypresses, make sure you hold them as you start the game until the white screen). Oh, and, definitely consider recalibrating in Victory Road using one of your troublesome spreads.

I'm going to cry T_T

I've tried several different seeds (is that what they are? idk) and I can't get one Frillish to match IVs. I've checked them against the adjacent seeds and they don't appear. Is it just time to give up on Frillish and check with another Pokemon? (I did take note of the warning from the post of Teddiursa Bear about Route 17. Maybe that's the problem and I'm just extremely unlucky?

(Something else that's odd I thought, why am I only getting like 11 seeds? And I can't find a hex-flawless seed and only two quint-flawless seeds. Before when I searched for quad-flawless for my Victini (which is timid hex flawless) there were tons of seeds to scroll through. now i can't get more than a few? is this something new with rng reporter or am i still just making mistakes and am extra stupid?)
I told you Route 17 works. Do I have pull out the 6 Frillish I RNG'ed for proof? (Or in other words, I don't think that idea on what TB said is true) Re-calibrate so you'll know which timer0 you hit the most.

Also have you tried different months? 3 key presses? You get more results that way. (Not that you need it for Frillish, but for future RNGs)

I told you Route 17 works. Do I have pull out the 6 Frillish I RNG'ed for proof? (Or in other words, I don't think that idea on what TB said is true) Re-calibrate so you'll know which timer0 you hit the most.

Also have you tried different months? 3 key presses? You get more results that way. (Not that you need it for Frillish, but for future RNGs)
A) I didn't officially say it. I just posted something I was told about
B) It says that it is a POSSIBILITY not that it will mess it up meaning, when I got that the person was unsure. So its not intended to be a fact.

Why are you doing that? The keypresses says "none" not "press start"
What I meant was after the Nintendo Screen had passed (when you hit start to advance it to the "Press Start to Play" Screen).

Also I recalibrated several times and got varying results between c7f and c7e so i decided that if c7f wasn't working c7e must be the right one since it showed up about as often. about to test it, hoping it works.

this frillish will be mine.

edit: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got it lol. thanks to everyone who helped. c7e didn't end up working so i decided to do a final recalibration. wound back up with c7f and the 1 second delay. set to allow 1 button. found a nice easy one to take with no buttons for a 31/x/31/31/31/31. synch worked like a charm. bold frillish :D ah man i'm happy now. thanks again you guys (turtwig thanks for responding to everything!) ah man this is a great feeling i don't know why i stopped rnging all of a sudden i like the feeling of getting that pokemon you want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)