5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Dude... this technique is for Entralink Pokémon. You're forced to turn on the C-Gear in order to get into the Entralink in the first place.

This guide had all the necessary info. If you're confused by this, then I'm afraid my later research post will not help you either.
Then I'm fucked, don't mind me :P

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Theoretically, this method could work with PPRNG too, right? Though I assume asking chiizu would be better.
Oh yeah, it can definitely work with PPRNG. Knowing chiizu, he has the info already if he's been saving logs of the #smogonwifi chat, but if he doesn't, he'll have it as soon as the research post is up. I'm sure he'll update whenever he has the free time.

Bit of a random question, but I'm gonna try breeding with a Ditto for the first time with a Porygon. Is the only difference I would need to make while checking seeds for PIDRNG frames and inheritance is that I would need to check the Ditto Parent box?

Also for genderless Pokemon, which acts as male and which acts as female for that matter? And would inheritance otherwise be "normal" if I had a male + ditto (where ditto acts as female) and female + ditto (where ditto acts as male)?

Bit of a random question, but I'm gonna try breeding with a Ditto for the first time with a Porygon. Is the only difference I would need to make while checking seeds for PIDRNG frames and inheritance is that I would need to check the Ditto Parent box?

Also for genderless Pokemon, which acts as male and which acts as female for that matter? And would inheritance otherwise be "normal" if I had a male + ditto (where ditto acts as female) and female + ditto (where ditto acts as male)?
in terms of inheritance, if breeding with a ditto, the ditto is the "female" and the other poke is the "male".

I don't think it's possible to breed two non ditto, genderless pokes together.

in terms of inheritance, if breeding with a ditto, the ditto is the "female" and the other poke is the "male".

I don't think it's possible to breed two non ditto, genderless pokes together.
Well yeah I'm not looking at that, that is impossible. But Porygon+Ditto is perfectly fine.

So basically Porygon would act as male and Ditto female?

Well yeah I'm not looking at that, that is impossible. But Porygon+Ditto is perfectly fine.

So basically Porygon would act as male and Ditto female?

yes, and as far as I know, that goes for anything breeding with a ditto. The ditto is always regarded as the female.

I'm getting into 5th gen RNG for breeding and am having a little difficulty. Rather than ask for someone in here to hold my hand through the entire process (for now...), I'd just like for someone to clarify a few seemingly related concepts for me so that I have a better understanding of what I'm working with.

- In the Time Finder, why is one of the search parameters "Min/Max Advances" instead of Min/Max Frames? I'm left to infer that the initial PID frame is not constant, but this isn't stated explicitly.
- What purpose does the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" button serve, and would there ever be a reason why I would receive an egg with a PID from a frame significantly lower than this initial frame (which seems to have happened in my first attempt, but I'm retracing my steps from the beginning to check before I ask for more troubleshooting tips)?

You don't press them all at once; you press them separately at different times for different reasons.

You mash X to bring the menu up as quickly as possible so the NPCs will stop moving. (They will have moved some while the seasons come up, but that can't be helped.) Then B to cancel out of the menu after you've done your Chatters, if necessary. Then mash A as quickly as possible to talk to the Day-Care Man, in order to stop the NPCs from moving again.
That bit I understood, it was just what buttons I was supposed to press that confused me. Although now I know that it should just be 'xba.'

Ditto breeding with a female counts as male, I'm pretty sure.
Ditto always takes the opposite gender, unless you're breeding with a genderless pkmn. Then it will always be a female by default.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
- In the Time Finder, why is one of the search parameters "Min/Max Advances" instead of Min/Max Frames? I'm left to infer that the initial PID frame is not constant, but this isn't stated explicitly.
It automatically calculates the initial PIDRNG frame for every seed, and then that is just the number of frames above the initial. It changes between seeds, but is always constant for any given seed. So if, for example, a seed starts on frame 50 and you put 100 max, it'll check up to frame 150 on that seed.
- What purpose does the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" button serve, and would there ever be a reason why I would receive an egg with a PID from a frame significantly lower than this initial frame (which seems to have happened in my first attempt, but I'm retracing my steps from the beginning to check before I ask for more troubleshooting tips)?
That will tell you which frame the seed starts on. There is no way to get a frame below it - if you think you did, then either there's a similar frame above it that you didn't notice or you missed your seed.

It automatically calculates the initial PIDRNG frame for every seed, and then that is just the number of frames above the initial. It changes between seeds, but is always constant for any given seed. So if, for example, a seed starts on frame 50 and you put 100 max, it'll check up to frame 150 on that seed.

That will tell you which frame the seed starts on. There is no way to get a frame below it - if you think you did, then either there's a similar frame above it that you didn't notice or you missed your seed.
Thanks. After some experimenting and re-calibrating I've found that my timer0 seems to be constantly shifting back and forth between C83 and C84... as in, seemingly every single time I attempt to hit a new seed.

HGSS wasn't nearly this frustrating. I could actually hit 1/30 second intervals semi-reliably. >_>

I must be doing something right since I'm getting the right nature and similar IVs. I reckon the problem is largely due to my timing. Cos the seed I'm aiming for has the following IVs 31/30/31/30/31/30 and I keep getting IVs such as 31 IVs in Atk/ Def/ SpD, which indicates to me that I'm not pressing x fast enough (or whatever) to stop that girl advancing the SSF. Since until recently the IVs were fairly random and I reckon that was because my parameters were flunctuating.

When finding my DS parameters on my DSi, do I really need to synchronize with an external clock/stopwatch, or can I just carefully watch the minute portion of the time at the main menu, and immediately load the game when it changes?

When finding my DS parameters on my DSi, do I really need to synchronize with an external clock/stopwatch, or can I just carefully watch the minute portion of the time at the main menu, and immediately load the game when it changes?
thats not very accurate.i use pika timer.and enter like 20 seconds to the text box and hold the start button in there and the ok button in the dsi,then release them both at the same time.so thats a perfect sync.and when the timer runs out i press A to launch the game.i never missed the second(although rarely for the timer0)

um is there a guide on how to rng the items and pokemon in shaking ground spots ,water ripple fishing etc.?
There's no guide but you don't need it. Just find a seed with an IV frame above one, (and if you're going for a cave spot, paste the seed into RNG Reporter and make sure the frame you want is a Pokemon and not an item), save in whatever area, and attempt to hit your seed. Once you're in the game walk/run a specific path for however many steps you need to advance your IV frame. The next step is different depending on if you get a shaking spot or not:

• If you do get a spot, walk into it and catch the Pokemon to check the frame you hit and to check if you hit your timer0 (if you're going for a cave spot, you need to use Sweet Scent because if you walk into the spot you might get an item and not a Pokemon). Then hit your seed again and walk the same path, and this time advance your PID frame accordingly.
  • If you didn't get a spot, you need to try to hit your seed again and walk a different path until you find a path that gives you a spot. Once you get a spot, do the step above this one.

I hope that makes sense :3

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I seem to have run into an issue with the latest version of RNG Reporter. Whenever I try to use the "Calculate PID from IVs" tool, it throws an error message at me.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'RNGReporter.Objects.Nature' to type 'RNGReporter.Objects.ComboBoxItem'.
at RNGReporter.IVtoPID_SID_SEED.buttonGenerate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4216 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RNGReporter
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 9.93.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/RNG/RNGReporter.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4214 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4215 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I seem to have run into an issue with the latest version of RNG Reporter. Whenever I try to use the "Calculate PID from IVs" tool, it throws an error message at me.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'RNGReporter.Objects.Nature' to type 'RNGReporter.Objects.ComboBoxItem'.
at RNGReporter.IVtoPID_SID_SEED.buttonGenerate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4216 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
RNGReporter
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 9.93.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/RNG/RNGReporter.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4214 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4215 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
I tried and it happens to me, too.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
um is there a guide on how to rng the items and pokemon in shaking ground spots ,water ripple fishing etc.?
Sorry, no. Features get added to RNG Reporter faster than guides can be written.

Fixed. I'm entertaining suggestions for useful features that are quick and easy to add so I can make a 9.95 release soon. I already have an instant Entralink spread search halfway done.

i have notice that the results in: Breeding(BW, International) doesn't match the Time Finder

When i search for an IV spread copy the seed the exact IVs in the main windown are diferent in the IVRNG ( i use the Display Parents in Search) the IVs of the parent are OK i check it 3times but the IV in the S.Def is not the saem

this calls my attention mainly because i use this option to check what frame i did hit and happend twice same parent diferent spreads
Code:
Seed	Frame	PID	!!!	Nature	Ability	Dream Ability	HP	Atk	Def	SpA	SpD	Spe	50% F	25% F	12.5%F	75% F	Date\Time	Keypress	
DF93C3C77B33C5DC	59	846111FF	!!!	Timid	1	False	31	31	31	31	31	31	M	M	M	M	02/01/12 13:40:46	Select	
044E4463A8B5F12C	66	3684A31A	!!!	Timid	0	False	31	31	31	31	31	31	F	F	F	F	02/04/12 14:08:10	Down	
044E4463A8B5F12C	68	3684A31A	!!!	Timid	0	False	31	31	31	31	31	31	F	F	F	F	02/04/12 14:08:10	Down	
B588BA5A2ABD1D86	73	F0AE6535	!!!	Timid	0	False	31	31	31	31	31	31	F	F	M	F	02/04/12 20:59:46	Up	
B588BA5A2ABD1D86	75	F0AE6535	!!!	Timid	0	False	31	31	31	31	31	31	F	F	M	F	02/04/12 20:59:46	Up	
46F9D5A309D542F2	67	155280C8	!!!	Timid	0	False	31	31	31	31	31	31	M	M	M	M	02/18/12 00:27:41	L
i chose the SEED: 044E4463A8B5F12C

what it show in the main screen: 31 31 31 31 22 31
but apparently the time finder is right since i use a different spread saem happend and the result of the TF was accureted

Just a Note not a bug but a minor error i think

Salu2

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
i have notice that the results in: Breeding(BW, International) doesn't match the Time Finder

When i search for an IV spread copy the seed the exact IVs in the main windown are diferent in the IVRNG ( i use the Display Parents in Search) the IVs of the parent are OK i check it 3times but the IV in the S.Def is not the saem

this calls my attention mainly because i use this option to check what frame i did hit and happend twice same parent diferent spreads
Code:
Seed	Frame	PID	!!!	Nature	Ability	Dream Ability	HP	Atk	Def	SpA	SpD	Spe	50% F	25% F	12.5%F	75% F	Date\Time	Keypress	
DF93C3C77B33C5DC	59	846111FF	!!!	Timid	1	False	31	31	31	31	31	31	M	M	M	M	02/01/12 13:40:46	Select	
044E4463A8B5F12C	66	3684A31A	!!!	Timid	0	False	31	31	31	31	31	31	F	F	F	F	02/04/12 14:08:10	Down	
044E4463A8B5F12C	68	3684A31A	!!!	Timid	0	False	31	31	31	31	31	31	F	F	F	F	02/04/12 14:08:10	Down	
B588BA5A2ABD1D86	73	F0AE6535	!!!	Timid	0	False	31	31	31	31	31	31	F	F	M	F	02/04/12 20:59:46	Up	
B588BA5A2ABD1D86	75	F0AE6535	!!!	Timid	0	False	31	31	31	31	31	31	F	F	M	F	02/04/12 20:59:46	Up	
46F9D5A309D542F2	67	155280C8	!!!	Timid	0	False	31	31	31	31	31	31	M	M	M	M	02/18/12 00:27:41	L
i chose the SEED: 044E4463A8B5F12C

what it show in the main screen: 31 31 31 31 22 31
but apparently the time finder is right since i use a different spread saem happend and the result of the TF was accureted

Just a Note not a bug but a minor error i think

Salu2
Yeah, I know - special attack, special defense, speed are swapped around. Gonna be fixed soon as soon as I have an excuse to release 9.95.

There's no guide but you don't need it. Just find a seed with an IV frame above one, (and if you're going for a cave spot, paste the seed into RNG Reporter and make sure the frame you want is a Pokemon and not an item), save in whatever area, and attempt to hit your seed. Once you're in the game walk/run a specific path for however many steps you need to advance your IV frame. The next step is different depending on if you get a shaking spot or not:

• If you do get a spot, walk into it and catch the Pokemon to check the frame you hit and to check if you hit your timer0 (if you're going for a cave spot, you need to use Sweet Scent because if you walk into the spot you might get an item and not a Pokemon). Then hit your seed again and walk the same path, and this time advance your PID frame accordingly.
  • If you didn't get a spot, you need to try to hit your seed again and walk a different path until you find a path that gives you a spot. Once you get a spot, do the step above this one.

I hope that makes sense :3
so if im going for a cave spot to get a pokemon i should (lets say the pokemons ivs are on frame 5) so i need to get 4 pokemon in the party and walk in a specific path (below 128 steps so the iv frame doesnt go past my target) and hope for a spot(then like you said check whether i hit my seed).then re hit my seed,do the same things and just one step aside the spot,i must have reached 128th step.then advance the chatots and step into the spot right?(oh and since walking in a cave where wild pokemon present advance the pid frame 2 per turn and step i should pick a pid frame of like 300 right?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)