5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I've been able to hit my seed for hatching consistently, but now I cant seem to find which frame I'm hitting. I'm aiming for a frame of 77, the rngreporter says the starting frame is 43, I've tried picking up the egg with and without chatot advances, but my resulting nature and Ivs dont show up within the first ~200 frames. Anything I should try next to kind of fix this?

Make sure you selected all the correct options (Ditto parent, etc.) in both windows. That's usually the problem.

Still having trouble. I dont have anything checked since I'm not using ditto and the other boxes just make my list smaller. I have the front page of the rngreporter up to check the results for each frame, is there another page I need to have up also?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
A picture is worth a thousand words; why don't you just post a few screenshots so we can see what's going on?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
IIRC 9.95 had a bug with breeding, try upgrading to the latest version (if you don't already have it, you'll also need the latest .NET framework as well) and see if that makes a difference.
He said he has been able to hit his seeds before, so unless he just started using 9.95, that should not be the problem.

Anyways, you should upload your parents to pokecheck and make sure they're indeed the ones discribed on the reporter(ivs, & language) also remember that your mother needs to have its hidden ability. Furthermore, right click on any frame on the main page, go to show parents in search and fill out the information there, click okay and you should now have IVs and characteristics for the different frames, that could help you find what frame you're actually hitting.

Ok thanks. I dont know how exactly this information helped, but I did what you said, found my starting frame, and advanced from that starting frame and got my shiny adamant dratini.

they're just regular stationary encounters, so there is no need to specifically RNG an ID for them (technically you don't need to RNG your ID at all, even for the Roamers).
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought they were roamers. I know shiny roamer abuse is possible without RNGing your ID/SID, but I was told that it made it easier, and was really the only reason to RNG your ID/SID in BW.

That being the case, is there really no point to RNGing your ID/SID in BW2?

I'm trying to get a shiny Terrakion, but everytime I do my frame advances, I get a non-shiny, flawless Terrakion. Here are some screenshots:

The seed I'm using:

The frame I have to hit:

So I would have to view chatot's summary 316 times, right?

The ID/SID I got from Pokecheck:

Am I doing something wrong? sorry if this is such a basic question.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I'm trying to get a shiny Terrakion, but everytime I do my frame advances, I get a non-shiny, flawless Terrakion. Here are some screenshots:

The seed I'm using:

The frame I have to hit:

Umm, is the roamer still not yet captured?
Because according to the screenshot, the Roamer Released Box is checked.

Or maybe you miscounted, and ended up in either adjacent frames which is also your target nature but not shiny.

The seed I'm using:

The frame I have to hit:

Are you sure you're counting right? And, does your Chatot have a recorded chatter? Also, make sure you're not taking any steps before you interact with Terrakion.

RNG Reporter 5th Generation Wonder Card

I have been attempting to RNG manipulate the Wi-Fi event Mewtwo on Pokemon Black, and have failed in all attempts. I have not received the Keldeo yet--but that is beside the point. I will explain the process I am undergoing as detailed as I can to gain a better understanding of my shortcomings.

To start, I have a party with two Chatots, a Sweet Scent user, a Flyer, and a level 83 Pokemon in front to combat the allured Pokemon.

Here I have RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha 10 with EonTimer v1.6 open. I have my arbitrary time set to 23 hours 45 minutes 30 seconds on RNG Reporter with the timer set to 30 seconds on EonTimer prior to initiating Calibration without key presses.

I begin calibrating my DS Lite with EonTimer by waiting until 23:45:00 hours to initiate the EonTimer with the DS home menu open. Then I wait until the timer hits zero to start my game without key presses. Then I proceed to Sweet Scent in the inside entrance to the Giant Chasm cavern to encounter my first Pokemon there, catch it, and enter its stats onto RNG Reporter to calculate its IVs for the Timer stats. Now I have my DS Lite calibrated with EonTimer on my first attempt, which I transferred these stats onto the Time Finder.

I have selected "Wondercard" with both minimum and maximum frame advancements set to "1". I have also set my IVs to max on SpA & Spe with Timid Nature selected. I have the designated seed "0B6F0D833F72ADA8" highlighted on Frame 53 with 03 September 2012, 05:23:20 hours, as my date & time. Then I copied the seed onto the clipboard of the main window.

Upon this, I calculated the initial PIDRNG Frame, which came to 40--as seen on the main window. Again, I am using the Wondercard Method. Also note that I did not mess with any other settings, since I assumed that the Time Finder already recorded the settings (IVs, Nature, & Ability) for the seed. Generating the Frames, I have highlighted the designated frame--which I have to advance the Frame 13 times:

53 [Target Frame] - 40 [Initial Frame] = 13 [Frame Advancements]

Now I would begin to reset my DS Lite clock to 05:23 hours whilst simultaneously using the EonTimer to time myself 20 seconds prior to starting my game.

Upon starting the game without pressing any keys until after the Nintendo logo with white background, I advanced the Frame 13 times using two Chatots back-to-back with custom Chatter. Note that I tried advancing 13 Frames rotating Chatot back-to-back, and 12 times possibly thinking that talking the NPC could also advance the Frame by one. Needless to say, both attempts have failed.

I have attached the adjacent seeds, which none of my attempts came close to these as indicated at 13 Frames & 12 Frames.

Please note that during all this time I did not have the C-Gear on.

With all this said, what could I possibly be missing? Should I advance the Frame with Chatot by counting the first advancement upon selecting the second Chatot as opposed to the first?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I recall reading something awhile back about finding your DS parameters via the Unova Link... does anyone have more info on this?
It will be in the next PPRNG version. Presumably it will get added to Reporter at some point as well. I will be putting together a guide on how it works soon.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I have been attempting to RNG manipulate the Wi-Fi event Mewtwo on Pokemon Black, and have failed in all attempts. I have not received the Keldeo yet--but that is beside the point. I will explain the process I am undergoing as detailed as I can to gain a better understanding of my shortcomings.

To start, I have a party with two Chatots, a Sweet Scent user, a Flyer, and a level 83 Pokemon in front to combat the allured Pokemon.

Here I have RNG Reporter 9.96 Alpha 10 with EonTimer v1.6 open. I have my arbitrary time set to 23 hours 45 minutes 30 seconds on RNG Reporter with the timer set to 30 seconds on EonTimer prior to initiating Calibration without key presses.

I begin calibrating my DS Lite with EonTimer by waiting until 23:45:00 hours to initiate the EonTimer with the DS home menu open. Then I wait until the timer hits zero to start my game without key presses. Then I proceed to Sweet Scent in the inside entrance to the Giant Chasm cavern to encounter my first Pokemon there, catch it, and enter its stats onto RNG Reporter to calculate its IVs for the Timer stats. Now I have my DS Lite calibrated with EonTimer on my first attempt, which I transferred these stats onto the Time Finder.

I have selected "Wondercard" with both minimum and maximum frame advancements set to "1". I have also set my IVs to max on SpA & Spe with Timid Nature selected. I have the designated seed "0B6F0D833F72ADA8" highlighted on Frame 53 with 03 September 2012, 05:23:20 hours, as my date & time. Then I copied the seed onto the clipboard of the main window.

Upon this, I calculated the initial PIDRNG Frame, which came to 40--as seen on the main window. Again, I am using the Wondercard Method. Also note that I did not mess with any other settings, since I assumed that the Time Finder already recorded the settings (IVs, Nature, & Ability) for the seed. Generating the Frames, I have highlighted the designated frame--which I have to advance the Frame 13 times:

53 [Target Frame] - 40 [Initial Frame] = 13 [Frame Advancements]

Now I would begin to reset my DS Lite clock to 05:23 hours whilst simultaneously using the EonTimer to time myself 20 seconds prior to starting my game.

Upon starting the game without pressing any keys until after the Nintendo logo with white background, I advanced the Frame 13 times using two Chatots back-to-back with custom Chatter. Note that I tried advancing 13 Frames rotating Chatot back-to-back, and 12 times possibly thinking that talking the NPC could also advance the Frame by one. Needless to say, both attempts have failed.

I have attached the adjacent seeds, which none of my attempts came close to these as indicated at 13 Frames & 12 Frames.

Please note that during all this time I did not have the C-Gear on.

With all this said, what could I possibly be missing? Should I advance the Frame with Chatot by counting the first advancement upon selecting the second Chatot as opposed to the first?
How many times did you calibrated? It might have been that if you only did it once, you probably hit the least common of your timer0s and now that you're actually doing the RNG, you're hitting the most common one.

If I were you, I would just calibrate a few times to see which Timer0 I'm hitting more constantly.

BTW, you're RNG abusing, going for 31 on just to stats is silly. Set everything to 31 except for attack. ^.^

I have a question
I found a timid shiny spread for wild fished pokemon and the required
lead says Cute Charm (75% F)
Can someone explain what this means exactly?

I have a question
This means your lead needs to have the ability Cute Charm, and that the Pokemon you're trying to catch has to have a 75% female gender ratio.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a question
This means your lead needs to have the ability Cute Charm, and that the Pokemon you're trying to catch has to have a 75% female gender ratio.
sadly, I'm pretty sure every fishing encounter has a 50/50 chance of being female or male.

Edit: Luvdisc is 75% female.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)