5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Are there encounter slot tables for Black? I want to catch something and want to know what route and slot it's on.

Are there encounter slot tables for Black? I want to catch something and want to know what route and slot it's on.
If it is, it's tied to the PID.
So it's pretty much luck at this point. Unless Donut has it worked in, in RNG Reporter 9. Which I don't think he's released just yet.

There's an RNG Reporter 9? Cool, can't wait for it ^^

And ugh, okay. That really stinks >_> I'll probably just do Urugamosu and then Hihidaruma, then... -.-

Okay, I just read through C-Gear abuse. Seeing as it's delay based, is calibration necessary? I'd think so after seeing a two stage timer is needed.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay, I just read through C-Gear abuse. Seeing as it's delay based, is calibration necessary? I'd think so after seeing a two stage timer is needed.
Yes, but you can do it with the timer instead. Especially now that rng reporter does a wider range of delays.

ok, i read the guide but i didn't understand some important things: first of all, supposing i'm in front of zekrom and my target frame is 16, do I only have to walk 128 steps x 3 (with 4 pokes in my team)? (zekrom starting frame should be 1, + 3 initial frame using c-gear seed... or am i wrong?)
then, how can i manipulate the nature?? i'm looking for an adamant one... i completely haven't understood this step.

second part of the MAC ad: 614f51
target seed: 236f566a

The starting frame is 3. As for the nature, it can't be manipulated at this time. You better hope the synchronizer give you the desired nature.

Okay, I'm running into some calibration issues in preparation for CGear abuse:

I start in the ending cave of Victory Road (no NPC's. It's a small room). I sweet scent, catch the pokemon, and check the IV's. Mattj said it's possible to use the Seed Finder of RNGreporter to locate the seed, giving me my calibrated delay in the process. I can't get a seed out of it for the life of me. I've run through all the natures.

So, apparently I'm doing something conceptually wrong. The way I see it, either someone knows a value to put in the "calibration" field of ZomgTimer, or I should use the IVRNG codes to check my seed. Really, this is all so I can use ZomgTimer.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay, I'm running into some calibration issues in preparation for CGear abuse:

I start in the ending cave of Victory Road (no NPC's. It's a small room). I sweet scent, catch the pokemon, and check the IV's. Mattj said it's possible to use the Seed Finder of RNGreporter to locate the seed, giving me my calibrated delay in the process. I can't get a seed out of it for the life of me. I've run through all the natures.

So, apparently I'm doing something conceptually wrong. The way I see it, either someone knows a value to put in the "calibration" field of ZomgTimer, or I should use the IVRNG codes to check my seed. Really, this is all so I can use ZomgTimer.
Ah.. I see what you're doing. I actually set it up so that what you do is start with 0 for calibration. Try to hit a seed. Use the seed to time window to search for the IVs that you got. Use that delay to update. You should be very close after about 3 tries. If I weren't so lazy, I'd write up a guide for this.

Okay, last question for the night, I promise.

I'm doing C-Gear abuse, but in order to check adjacent seeds, I used the Seed Check code. The seeds didn't resemble anything close to an adjacent, but it occurred to me, does that code only work for Non C-Gear? I've used the code for that purpose, which might explain why I'm so far off.

At any rate, I'm just going to get a good night's sleep and throw myself at it again tomorrow.

Toast++

Okay, last question for the night, I promise.

I'm doing C-Gear abuse, but in order to check adjacent seeds, I used the Seed Check code. The seeds didn't resemble anything close to an adjacent, but it occurred to me, does that code only work for Non C-Gear? I've used the code for that purpose, which might explain why I'm so far off.

At any rate, I'm just going to get a good night's sleep and throw myself at it again tomorrow.
The seed check probably wont work with CGear seeds. You'll have to use the IVs to check it.

Actually if you keep track of how many times the frame counter has rolled over you can check your frame.

The frame is given by (624*times_rolled_over)+code_result.

I have succesfully pinpointed a frame in the 9500 range this way.

If you wish to advance the frame through the fast in-battle advancement you'll have to determine how many times the counter has rolled given a certain amount time spent in battle through trial and error.

I'm very impressed at the speed that this was discovered and put up. Well done and congratulations. I've been taking a peek at the guide on OmegaDonut's post, and i have a few questions. Why are there so many numbers for IV's in the pic using RNG Reporter? Are there new IV's I should know about, or do the numbers you use determined by method (or something else)? Is there seriously something called the C-Gear IN-GAME that actually tells you it's about to start the seed? That sounds like nothing less than a gift from God. What is the current knowledge on Egg IV RNGing? Is it a pain in the butt like it was all 4th Gen? I really really really really hope not. Thanks!!! ^^

The IVs are a way of determining the time and delay you hit when you activated the C-Gear. (This is for C-Gear abuse) Unfortunately there's no other way of telling you hit your target time and delay (verifying your seed) unless you catch a wild or stationary Pokemon.

I'm not sure about the egg IV RNG, though all I know is for now you have to find a decent spread through trial and error. Once you find one, it's easy from there as you can simply use the target time to SR and collect your egg. (No need to hit a delay like in 4th gen.)

Actually if you keep track of how many times the frame counter has rolled over you can check your frame.

The frame is given by (624*times_rolled_over)+code_result.

I have succesfully pinpointed a frame in the 9500 range this way.

If you wish to advance the frame through the fast in-battle advancement you'll have to determine how many times the counter has rolled given a certain amount time spent in battle through trial and error.
thank you, i will try! i had fortunately hit a random no c-gear seed were there was a 31/31/31/26/31/30 spread at about frame 9000, so your suggestion could help me! thank you again

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So, don't know if this has been looked into, but I thought I'd drop it here incase: Seems that Wondercards don't get their IVs the same way 99% of other mons do (including fossil mons... weird).

When looking at MITIVRNG >> IVs I got these two random MTIVRNGs and the resulting IVs with immediate pickup (after checking the MTIVRNG) with the CGear off.

2dbb18a7 = 17 / 4 / 3 / 18 / 11 / 5
a3d058be = 30 / 19 / 12 / 20 / 1 / 3

I can't make heads or tails of where they come from. Any ideas?

Oh well, screw Cherish Ball Kumasyun. :p
Off to do Victini before the big Reset!

How much more difficult is it to RNG abuse on a flashcart than an emulator?
Everything is more difficult when not using an emulator because controlling time is pretty much non-existent. But I am RNGing on an actual retail cart and it is still WAY easier to RNG for B/W than it ever was for the previous generations. So, a flashcart would be even easier than what I am doing...hopefully that answers it...

Everything is more difficult when not using an emulator because controlling time is pretty much non-existent. But I am RNGing on an actual retail cart and it is still WAY easier to RNG for B/W than it ever was for the previous generations. So, a flashcart would be even easier than what I am doing...hopefully that answers it...
Well, there is a slight amount of lag on flashcarts. And mine doesn't have the ability to create save-states.

And how is it easier? From what I've seen, there's inconsistent delays, high frames in the 9000s, two different kind of seeds. . . it's actually a bit overwhelming.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, there is a slight amount of lag on flashcarts. And mine doesn't have the ability to create save-states.

And how is it easier? From what I've seen, there's inconsistent delays, high frames in the 9000s, two different kind of seeds. . . it's actually a bit overwhelming.
It's easier if you're working with non C-Gear seeds. Because in order to hit a non C-Gear seed, you only need to get the date\time down to the second (no delays!), and you can usually find a flawless spread within the first two dozen frames, if not the first ten.

reklaw_vahn can do this because I needed him to test out non C-Gear seed prediction for RNG Reporter 9, and he now has a list of spreads with their corresponding dates\times. He can do this pretty easily because he's using a real cart, but the process for flash carts is a bit more complicated. Unfortunately, most people on Smogon are playing B\W with a flashcart.

It's easier if you're working with non C-Gear seeds. Because in order to hit a non C-Gear seed, you only need to get the date\time down to the second (no delays!), and you can usually find a flawless spread within the first two dozen frames, if not the first ten.

reklaw_vahn can do this because I needed him to test out non C-Gear seed prediction for RNG Reporter 9, and he now has a list of spreads with their corresponding dates\times. He can do this pretty easily because he's using a real cart, but the process for flash carts is a bit more complicated. Unfortunately, most people on Smogon are playing B\W with a flashcart.
Why is it more complicated? I'm pretty sure most flashcarts nowadays support soft resetting. Mine does, at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)