5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Question with c-gear abuse.

If you save before turning on the c-gear, will it change the ability?

Hopefully. My sync failed. Who needs a Bold Zekrom?

I have a big question to ask. Will there be any 5th gen RNG tutoring, or just someone being able to tutor me at all, at least for understanding this C-Gear stuff.

Does the RNG Seed check code work in the english versions of Pokemon Black and White too? Or do we need to get a new code for that?

There will be a new guide (in progress) once the new version of RNG Reporter comes out.
I'm asking if anyone would help me walk through the steps of 5th gen RNG abuse, not if someone can write a guide for me. It's a lot easier for myself to be told how to do it, one step at a time.

I'm asking if anyone would help me walk through the steps of 5th gen RNG abuse, not if someone can write a guide for me. It's a lot easier for myself to be told how to do it, one step at a time.
The problem is everyone wants to be walked through it one step at a time. That's why the guides are written. In the past 2 days I've had 4 people ask me to walk them through 1 step at a time. Just read the guide. That's how I learned.

I kinda under stand it but i am having some trouble
Seed 5a922bd5
Mac addy 811edf
Using eontimer
Target frame 51
Frame hit 3045
Delay 3006
Verified delay 3006
C gear
Trying to catch any pokemon in victory road, the area before you exit to go the the pkmn league, primarily dragons

I was doing step 2. I immediately said yes to the c gear(edit i turn on the c gear in game when the 2nd timer hit zero) and caught a durant. I decided to experimen and turn in place 48 times to see it that advance my frame, i then ss caught an another durant and check my frame to see i somehow landed on 3045?

Second question
Once i verify my delay will my frame still be on one?
Is the only way to advance the frame in cave by walking around 128*p

If you can please vm me the reply,

Thanks in advance

Note this was done on iphone sorry for bad grammer

so turning i can get different natures correct?
And yes i am caputring a pokemon to confirm my delay, i dont know of another option but that will explain why i had a huge frame jump.
Thanks

my delays are real close so can i just blindly believe i hit my delay without capturing a pkmn
Walk 128 times till i advance my frame to 48?
51-1(for startin frame)-3(for c gear)+1=48?

Edit if i find a seed with a frame of 4, i dont have to do any advancement?
Is there anyway to advance frames by 1?

Will the new RNG Reporter allow us to confirm our seed when we catch a pokemon after doing the advancements? I tried to check the seed I hit when I caught a pokemon after doing the advancements, and it came up with nothing.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Will the new RNG Reporter allow us to confirm our seed when we catch a pokemon after doing the advancements? I tried to check the seed I hit when I caught a pokemon after doing the advancements, and it came up with nothing.
I saw that, and put it in my list of features to add.

I saw that, and put it in my list of features to add.
Will it find your seed if you advance more than 10 frames? Because I know right now in order for it to find what you hit, all 6 of the IVs have to show on the results.

@everyone: How do wild pokemon work in this game? Are there any encounter codes or do you have to hit your seed, advance frames, use sweet scent and hope you get what you want?

@everyone: How do wild pokemon work in this game? Are there any encounter codes or do you have to hit your seed, advance frames, use sweet scent and hope you get what you want?
Anybody care to answer?

Also, I didn't know Cobalion was so HARD to RNG. It's more like luck to get him however you want, unless I was having an off night, man.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Will it find your seed if you advance more than 10 frames? Because I know right now in order for it to find what you hit, all 6 of the IVs have to show on the results.

There are encounter slots. I believe they've been mapped but I don't know that they're in rng reporter yet. They are generated from the PID RNG (same as natures) and so they aren't something you're going to be able to do on a cart yet.

There are already encounter slots, however they are not organized yet, you will have to wait for an update in this thread to check them just as the other ESV web pages for DPPtHGSS, or you can go ask in #smogonwifi for the ones you need :)

EDIT: ninja'd :P

There are encounter slots. I believe they've been mapped but I don't know that they're in rng reporter yet. They are generated from the PID RNG (same as natures) and so they aren't something you're going to be able to do on a cart yet.
Backing this up, the only thing you can do now is hit your seed, advance your PID frame. If you didn't get the right pokemon, repeat the process and advance your PID frame some more.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Advancing the frame for the RNG that determines nature\PID\egg inheritence:
  • Walking in areas with wild Pokémon
    - Advances the frame by 1 per step.​
I don't know really where to ask this, but does turning without walking also advance the PID frame by 1?

If for example I'm pointing north, does the frame advance by 2 if I walk down 1 step? (Because walking down [when not yet looking down] is basically turning down, then walking down 1 step)

I don't know really where to ask this, but does turning without walking also advance the PID frame by 1?

If for example I'm pointing north, does the frame advance by 2 if I walk down 1 step? (Because walking down [when not yet looking down] is basically turning down, then walking down 1 step)
Yes it does. Turning/moving will advance your PID frame by 1.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey musicmaster, it seems like you've got RNG down in this generation, so maybe you can give me some tips for RNG'ing Zekrom in N's Castle?

For example, the guide states C-Gear callibration, best done with a stationary legendary. Essentially, I just save in front of the Zekrom, catch it, and check the IVs asap (in other words, lose to N so I can best check them).

Here's where I get lost...how will I RNG for the proper IVs? Lemme edit this post with the info I have so far...

Edit: Here we go...

MAC address: FECBC2
C-Gear seed: 3E13D3F0
Target Frame: 192

When I first tried to RNG, I believe I skipped the callibration step. I was eager to try RNG'ing Zekrom right away, so I saved in front of the computer and advanced the frame to 182 by Moving Pokemon to my party. Then, I reached 189 by running around Zekrom (and yes, I kept track of the amount of steps I took), taking note the starting frame was 3. I didn't get the IVs for frame 192, so I figure either I missed the frame, or more likely, I missed my delay. So, is there an efficient way to find out what delay I land on before I advance the frame?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
If I want to advance my frame, I have to make 128 steps. With that, my PID will change 128 times as well? And does it matter if I make 128 of 130 steps?

If I want to advance my frame, I have to make 128 steps. With that, my PID will change 128 times as well? And does it matter if I make 128 of 130 steps?
128 is the only safe number, as walking 130 may mean you've crossed the 128 threshold twice.

would like to know if anyone here would be so kind as to give me some quick lessons for RNGing for 5th gen. I learn better by doing rather than reading. Please help...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)