5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm trying to RNG my Zekrom to be hex-flawless. The MAC address on my DS Phat ends in 94-DF-C2. The seed I'm trying to hit is 489AEA5D, which requires a delay of 2704 and puts the hex-flawless spread on frame 100.

I've done a couple "calibration" runs to see how far off I am as far as hitting a seed, and I got within 5 ticks on my last one, so I'm fairly confident I'll land where I need to be sooner or later. I'm not so certain about the actual capture process, though. I seem to recall reading somewhere in these 85 pages that I need to advance the frame by (target - 3), or 97 advances in this case. What's the quickest way to advance that number, and is there a way to see if I hit the seed without taking the time to do the advancements, catch the dragon, and fight a losing battle with N?

When you click on "Generate more times" i do not see my target IVs on the list neither do i see my ivs listed where it says "First 10 IVs in seed." Does this matter?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying to RNG my Zekrom to be hex-flawless. The MAC address on my DS Phat ends in 94-DF-C2. The seed I'm trying to hit is 489AEA5D, which requires a delay of 2704 and puts the hex-flawless spread on frame 100.

I've done a couple "calibration" runs to see how far off I am as far as hitting a seed, and I got within 5 ticks on my last one, so I'm fairly confident I'll land where I need to be sooner or later. I'm not so certain about the actual capture process, though. I seem to recall reading somewhere in these 85 pages that I need to advance the frame by (target - 3), or 97 advances in this case. What's the quickest way to advance that number, and is there a way to see if I hit the seed without taking the time to do the advancements, catch the dragon, and fight a losing battle with N?
The easiest way to do it would be to find a lower frame, preferably one that isn't a prime number (yes, you need to advance to 97). Unless you're really set on running mixed, you'll probably have an easier time sacrificing one of its attacking stats, which should give you a lot more results than hexflawless would.

Personally, I try to only go for frames of 3, 5, 6, 7, or 8, because more than one advance gets tedious really fast.

The easiest way to do it would be to find a lower frame, preferably one that isn't a prime number (yes, you need to advance to 97). Unless you're really set on running mixed, you'll probably have an easier time sacrificing one of its attacking stats, which should give you a lot more results than hexflawless would.

Personally, I try to only go for frames of 3, 5, 6, 7, or 8, because more than one advance gets tedious really fast.
Well, I actually have a hex-flawless spread on frame 22 with a different seed. But, at least for the moment, I don't like the dates it comes on. (Yes, I'm one of those who cares about capture dates.) But there is one on frame 63 that'll work. That would take 60 advances, and that's a nice round number. I could fiddle with the PC 8 times (or is that the wrong RNG?), then walk to get the last four advances. If I understand things correctly, that is.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Well, I actually have a hex-flawless spread on frame 22 with a different seed. But, at least for the moment, I don't like the dates it comes on. (Yes, I'm one of those who cares about capture dates.) But there is one on frame 63 that'll work. That would take 60 advances, and that's a nice round number. I could fiddle with the PC 8 times (or is that the wrong RNG?), then walk to get the last four advances. If I understand things correctly, that is.
That's correct. Remember that only withdrawals count, and make sure you have 4 Pokémon in your party for the final advance.

Unrelated tip that I recently realized: for legendary Pokémon and anything else that is always at the same level (though most of them probably aren't worth the trouble) after you're done calibrating, calculate what their Speed should be, and bring along something one below that. If you outspeed them, then either you missed your seed or you got a bad nature (unless you're trying to catch something at min speed, in which case reverse this), and you can just reset right then.

If you don't immediately turn on the C-Gear once the 2nd timer has finished and you have entered the game, does the delay & seconds continue to run?

As whilst attempting (and failing) to hit my delay, I noticed that if I didn't immediately turn on the C-Gear, through the touch screen not wanting to power it on, my seconds advanced one or two and my delay advanced around 100 of what I was hitting when turning on immediately.

Just wondering, because trying to hit delays in this Gen is incredibly fustrating (aiming for 1618, have hit 1617, once...)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but you need to press Yes to turn on your C-Gear after you enter the game at the exact moment the second timer ends.

I'm using the adjacent finder to adjust and pinpoint my target time and delay but i do not see my Target ivs in the list. What should i be doing? (New page)

Are you advancing the frame?
No i mean before i start the whole frame advancing process and starting the game up, I dictate what ivs i want the rng reporter to look for then have it generate the seeds. Then i choose a seed with the target frame i like and right click and choose "Generate more times". After, i adjust the years so it matches the delay i normally hit and hit the generate button to give me a list of +- delays. It's this list i do not see my target ivs at all. I see a bunch of IV spreads but not the one i want.

Seed: 19D585E1
MAC address: c980d3
Target date: 2011
Adjusted date: 2033 for my usual delay of 1261
It sounds like you're saying yes when it asks you to turn on the C-Gear at the title screen, as you shouldn't be going for a "usual" delay.

You do not want to do this. You want to turn it on in-game via the power button, hitting "yes" at the end of your second timer.

It sounds like you're saying yes when it asks you to turn on the C-Gear at the title screen, as you shouldn't be going for a "usual" delay.

You do not want to do this. You want to turn it on in-game via the power button, hitting "yes" at the end of your second timer.
Yeah i got that it's just i've done nothing but calibrate over and over and i've gotten that delay more than once so i just refer to it as my "usual delay." Sorry thats misleading and i'll stop saying that.

That's why. It only shows the first 10 IVs of each seed.
Oh yeah it does. I was being clueless. Thank you!

So, I want to RNG Tornadus. I've never done roamers before on any gen. But I heard with this particular one you need to hit your seed inside the house and then go outside? Problem is, I have already accidentally talked to Tornadus so I think it's already roaming. So should I find it, kill it and then beat the E4 to make it respawn?

Some other questions:
Do syncs work?
How do frame advancements work?

So, I want to RNG Tornadus. I've never done roamers before on any gen. But I heard with this particular one you need to hit your seed inside the house and then go outside? Problem is, I have already accidentally talked to Tornadus so I think it's already roaming. So should I find it, kill it and then beat the E4 to make it respawn?

Some other questions:
Do syncs work?
How do frame advancements work?
You have to make your IV frame be your target frame after the champion battle. Battling advances the IV frame at a rate of 120 frames per second. Probably not possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)