5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Target(3) – Initial(3) – Starting(1 for stationary legend, right?) + 1 = Advances Required (0)

so if I found an IV spread I liked on frame 3, I won't have to advance it at all?

but... when I think about it... it seems like, if I start on frame 3, and encountering reshiriam advances the frame by 1, wouldn't it be frame 4 that I end up hitting?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Target(3) – Initial(3) – Starting(1 for stationary legend, right?) + 1 = Advances Required (0)

so if I found an IV spread I liked on frame 3, I won't have to advance it at all?

but... when I think about it... it seems like, if I start on frame 3, and encountering reshiriam advances the frame by 1, wouldn't it be frame 4 that I end up hitting?
5th gen is different from 4th gen. If your target delay is at frame 3, then you don't have to make any frame advancements and just capture it right away!

If it helps, you can think of it as Starting Frame 1, and the C-Gear automatically advances the frame by 2. Same result, and it fits a little bit better with the "4th Gen" mentality.

finally... I have some questions about the nature frame...

I watched bearfans vid, and he made it sound like you'd always get the same nature, unless you saved before you fought it or left the c-gear on to vary the frame advancement...

so how does it work exactly? cause I know if I just save and reset the game, and catch it, then reset and catch it again the nature is different.

so does the nature frame have something to do with the seed?

so if I hit the same seed, then the first nature I find will always be the same?
if this is the cse, then is there a way to look up what nature frames go with each seed? or am does it work differently?

I'm trying to RNG Thundurus an I just hit my delay, but I did not get the results I was looking for.

Target Spread: 31/30/30/31/31/31
Actual Spread: 17/31/30/31/30/31
Target Frame: 8
Seed: 73F7963A
Delay: 3058
Target Time: 00:55:15
MAC Address: 00-27-09-F7-8A-3D

How do I correct the problem I'm having?
You missed one frame advancement. The last 3 IVs are mixed up for roamers. C-Gear Roamers also start on Frame 4 not Frame 3.

EDIT: I'd kill for that delay. My only good HP Ice Thundurus spread comes with a delay of 6478.

Which means that I brought one too many pokemon? I brought 4 when I only needed 3.

EDIT: Is there any way to fix this, or am I screwed?
EDIT2: I'm landing on frame 7

Did I read that right? Awesome! Guess I'll put off any RNGing until it's out, then.
I won't hold my breath personally, this "weekend" was about 3 weekends ago as well...

Eh, I hope it does get released though, my Tornelus is daring me to catch it...

Does nature synchronizing work for fossil pokemon? Do I treat it the same way as a stationary legendary? I'm trying to get a jolly turtle...

Does nature synchronizing work for fossil pokemon? Do I treat it the same way as a stationary legendary? I'm trying to get a jolly turtle...
Synchronize only works when there is a battle. If there isn't, then there is no synchronizing.

I'm not sure if fossils work like eggs (since you're receiving something to your party) or if they work like stationary pokes.

You could test it yourself, if the information is not on the OP.

I'm not sure if fossils work like eggs (since you're receiving something to your party) or if they work like stationary pokes.

You could test it yourself, if the information is not on the OP.
Would the only difference there be the starting frame? As opposed to 3, it'd be 8+3 = 11?

Would the only difference there be the starting frame? As opposed to 3, it'd be 8+3 = 11?
The starting frame would be 10, I believe. It's frame 3 from CGear, +7 from the pokemon appearing in your party (the same advancement that receiving an egg or withdrawing a poke would bring). So, frame 10.

The starting frame would be 10, I believe. It's frame 3 from CGear, +7 from the pokemon appearing in your party (the same advancement that receiving an egg or withdrawing a poke would bring). So, frame 10.
Thanks a bunch. I just tried hitting a delay with a frame of 3, and the IVs I got were of a delay not too far off the target. This pretty much means it'll be frame 3 right?

Hope for the best once you hit your seed. I would recommend a frame above 3 so you can make the shaking spot appear when running around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)